Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

04-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Beta Carrotine
Zappfly

: Apr 2002
: in my happy place
: 4
Beta Carrotine  (10)
Question Non-Plot: OK, someone help me sort this out!

now, before anyone goes over the edge about me "posting a spam topic in the RPG!" which has gotten me kicked off of more than one RPG, let me say that im hellishly confused. I am a veteran RPGer who recently purchased MO, and was looking for an Oddworld-based RPG to join. I found your forum, and I am trying to figure out your rules and your character topics. Will someone give me a quick, simple rundown of the rules and where to post your characters? Pleasey please?

04-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

I'll give it a shot.

First, in case you didn't already read them, the Rules for this RPG are here. I'll give a quick run down of the rules.

Characters: You can be any 'established'(meaning species that we have seen in the games) species, or you can create your own new species (those you have to run by Danny, the Moderator of this forum). The only real catch is that they have to have some way of communitating with the other PCs. Oh yeah...absolutely no Gods...and earth based creatures (including humans and creatures of myth: ie dragons)

Character Abilities: Be reasonable. (like...no instant death ability)

Other: You are only allowed complete control over your own character.
We have two kinds of RPGs going on here: the Main RPG (for us serious peeps), and the 'add-ons' (for the 'less experienced'). The Main one is marked with the word MAIN in front of the title.
The Character Profiles topic is only for PCs playing in the main RPG. Don't spam in this topic (or the rules topic), your post will be deleted.
If you want to join the MAIN RPG (which I believe you do), Speak to me, Danny, or Teal about what the plot is and such.
Oh one last thing...MSN IM is strongly advised here...as most of the serious RPers here use it to discuss/coordinate.

I hope I helped. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-27-2002, 11:45 PM
Beta Carrotine
Zappfly

Beta Carrotine  (10)
Wired

Thanks much! Now, one last request, could I get a rundown from the aforementioned people on the current Main Topic status? That would be appreciated. And like I said before, I am sorry for cluttering up your RPG with my curiosities.

04-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Not a problem, you, at least didn't post this in a running RPG topic .

Currently the main RPG is a bit...er...stalled. Two of the players are trying to catch each other online at the same time so they can discuss the next bit.

Dementa: yeah...and Seltin doesn't want to play chess with me anymore...

Well after getting beaten about 20 times in a row I wouldn't want to play chess with you anymore either...
Anyway...
The main plot is about the Mayor of Pyke, who has gone corrupt. Our characters need to figure this out (some already know and need to tell the others...) and find a way to oust him from office.
The Mayor (during the last plot) made a deal with a Vykker seeing about capturing an escaped crossbreed (Malice, one of my characters, but no longer in the RPG.) and now has in pocession an army of sligs residing in Pyke. These sligs orders are to imprision any 'wanted' individuals and any who the Mayor deems a threat to his power.(which one of my Character's, Spider, fits both...)
Quick rundown of current character status.
Spider: (my character) Is recovering from a nasty fight with Malice from the last plot. Recently escaped from the Med hut where he was 'imprisioned' (at least until he is healed enough to be sent to the town jail...or back to the Vykker's lab...)with the help of other characters and is in Camp Biros (which is not far from town). Does know about the Mayor being corrupt (he was the one that figured it out).
Dementa: (my character) Currently is confronting Seltin (Danny's character) about his reasons for going after Spider and Olm (Danny's character). (She was one of the ones that helped Spider and Olm escape) Doesn't know about the Mayor being corrupt.
Olm: escaped with Spider to Camp Biros, is wanted by Seltin and the Mayor. (long back story with him...best to read his profile)
Blue: (Dark Hood's character) Is currently wondering where the heck Dementa went. Owner of Camp Biros. (The other one that helped Spider and Olm escape). Knows about the Mayor (Spider just told her).
Tobias: (Jacob's character) is the resident bady. He is after Spider (revenage for things Spider did some time ago). Currently he got beat up by some rather nasty characters who were apparently sent to 'punish' him for failing. (as far as I can tell...)
Yaaren and Aalu: (Teal's characters) just got to Pyke and aren't really involved yet...

Spider: meh...I hate being the one everyone is after...I didn't do anything either...

Quit whining...not my fault...things just happened that way...

Spider: Whatever...

(yes, my characters tend to invade my posts....especially Spider.)

04-28-2002, 01:07 AM
Beta Carrotine
Zappfly

Beta Carrotine  (10)

Ok, last question, really. Is there any way I could work my character into the main plotline?

04-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Depends on what your character is in a way. If you have a character that is a bad guy, you pretty much can just hop in (because technically you are not really following the main plot...you are doing 'bad guy' things. That's the way I see it anyway...)
If the character is a good guy, its a little harder and I (at the moment) can think of a way to fit you in. Best talk to Danny...(use a Privite Message (PM) rather asking in here)