03-09-2002, 07:39 PM
The Shrink
Thudslug

: Feb 2002
: Australia
: 162
The Shrink  (10)
Question Will ME ever be?

OWI have declared that for the next three titles of Oddworld, the Xbox will be the only system they're released for. We know Hand of Odd is in development and when we got news on MO in its early days, I read in many magazine interviews that it will run on the MO game engine. I'm just wondering whether we will see Hand of Odd as the next Oddworld game. Has it ever occured to anyone we have never actually heard there's going to be a ME. We're all assuming that because there was an AE. And we have heard the name Squeek, but not ME. Maybe ME won't exist. If it does, it'll be a while I expect, but that's okay, so long as it's good. I hope it does come out though, despite the fact I'm hanging out for SO.

This Thursday fellow Aussies!! You too can own it!!

03-09-2002, 07:54 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

OWI have already said that Munch's Exoddus is in development.

Munch's Exoddus will be the next title, followed by Squeek's Oddysee (I think) and then Squeek's Exoddus. There's your three next Xbox titles, so there's nothing stopping the rest of the quintology being released multiplatform. I wonder if the contract with Microsoft allows them to produce any of the four Xbox exclusive titles for other systems after they've all been released on Xbox.

03-09-2002, 08:00 PM
The Shrink
Thudslug

The Shrink  (10)

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that now. In Dear Alf or somewhere like that. But the next three titles are ME, Hand of Odd then SO. Not necessarily SE. Perhaps after they're released multi platform will happen, but the games would be old and done on Xbox byt then, so I doubt it'd happen, but maybe.

03-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by The Shrink
But the next three titles are ME, Hand of Odd then SO. Not necessarily SE.
How do you figure that? Lorne has said each game will have its own bonus game. As far as I knew, Hand of Odd was on hold for the time being.

03-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2001
: West Goshen, PA, USA
: 504
Doug  (10)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
I wonder if the contract with Microsoft allows them to produce any of the four Xbox exclusive titles for other systems after they've all been released on Xbox.
Perhaps one indication is the fact that the official line on MO on PC was something along the lines of "we haven't decided yet" rather than that they were prevented contractually from ever releasing it on PC (or other platforms). So maybe there's just a time limit on the exclusivity. It wouldn't seem to me that Microsoft would benefit greatly from permanent exclusivity, and if they want to continue a relationship with OWI I think it would be in their interest to let OWI get whatever they can from releasing it to other platforms. Maybe I'm missing some angle, though.

03-09-2002, 10:26 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Apr 2001
: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

i think i heard somewhere that hand of odd was posponed or even cancelled outright.

03-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

yes..but the bonus games don't count as an official part of the oddworld quintilogy, so as of now, only 2 out of the 5 have been released..abes oddysee, and much's oddysee. abe's exoddus was a bonus, but isn't the second game. The same applies for ME...just a bonus.
I think i read some where that the rest of the quintilogy will be for xbox..i could be mistaken though. and for the record, hand of odd is a part of the habitales series, not the quintilogy.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

Last edited by Disgruntled Intern; 03-10-2002 at 05:16 AM..
03-10-2002, 02:58 AM
The Shrink
Thudslug

The Shrink  (10)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but OWI said the next 3 games will on Xbox. They never said they'd be Quintology games, Habitales series games, bonus games, Oddysee games at all. Just the next three games. In other words, the next 3 games OWI make. So, that means ME, Hand of Odd and whatevers next, probably SO.