Outlaw Hunter

: Apr 2001
: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)
*raspberries*

:
Originally posted by Danny
I refuse to believe you are serious. Has Biology not taught you anything? Did they not tell you what Life was? About MRS NERG? About the fact that PLANTS ARE ALIVE?

OMG. I think you need to sharpen up on you Biology. Plants are not alive! They don't breathe! Talk! Walk! That's what I meant.nd I know they drink water and need food, and they are living. Humans do. They are autotrophs. WE are heterotrops. See, Biology has taught me stuff so *raspberries* I don't think you can understood my last post.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 03-01-2002 at 03:07 PM..
03-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
Re: *raspberries*

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Plants are not alive!... they are living.
"Alive" and "Living" mean exactly the same thing...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-01-2002, 11:23 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Re: Re: *raspberries*

:
"Alive" and "Living" mean exactly the same thing...
They don't breathe. or talk. They can make their own food. We can't. Are you trying to compare humans and plants? Have you gone insane? You actually thought that? Are you on purple Hills?

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 03-01-2002 at 03:27 PM..
03-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Did I say Plants breathed and talked? No.
Did I say Plants were Human? No.
Did I even say that Plants were Animals? No.

All I said was that they are alive, IE they fulfill all of the criteria required for life. That is why they are classified as such...

03-01-2002, 11:35 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Did I say Plants breathed and talked? No.
Did I say Plants were Human? No.
Did I even say that Plants were Animals? No.

All I said was that they are alive, IE they fulfill all of the criteria required for life. That is why they are classified as such...
You don't even know what your talking about.

I did'nt said you did say those things. I asked you did you actually thought that they breathe? There's a difference.

Anyways, pototoes and humans are not the same so case closed.

03-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
You don't even know what your talking about.
Don't provoke me, Quorisha. You know damn well that I know more about what I'm talking about than you do...

:
I did'nt said you did say those things. I asked you did you actually thought that they breathe? There's a difference.
Of course I don't actually think they breathe. Do you think that Mayonnaise is Purple?

:
Anyways, pototoes and humans are not the same so case closed.
Look, can I flame her, Admins? I think she's given me more than enough provokation now... Seriously, Quor, you know full well that I didn'y say potatoes were the same as Humans. I said they were both alive. Having one thing in common does not mean things are the same. Water and Mercury are both liquids, so does that make them the same?

03-01-2002, 11:47 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Don't provoke me, Quorisha. You know damn well that I know more about what I'm talking about than you do...

Of course I don't actually think they breathe. Do you think that Mayonnaise is Purple?

Look, can I flame her, Admins? I think she's given me more than enough provokation now... Seriously, Quor, you know full well that I didn'y say potatoes were the same as Humans. I said they were both alive. Having one thing in common does not mean things are the same. Water and Mercury are both liquids, so does that make them the same?
*rolls eyes* whatever I don't want to argue with you. Your doing ll the cussing and yelling not me. I was trying to answer your question. Also, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me by my real name.

Anyways, Oddbodd, are you still discussing this in your religion class?

03-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
*rolls eyes* whatever I don't want to argue with you.
Well why don't you stop, then?

:
Your doing ll the cussing and yelling not me.
Like when? Point out one point in this topic where I started yelling and/or swearing. You can't. Go on. Try.

:
I was trying to answer your question.
I never asked a question. I simply stated that Plants were alive. In another topic, I asked "Where did you get the connection between Polyamory and Incest?", and you blatantly avoided the question, you didn't try and answer it.

Besides, why do you always have to turn everything I ask into an argument, anyway?

Last edited by Danny; 03-01-2002 at 03:55 PM..
03-01-2002, 11:59 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Well why don't you stop, then?

Like when? Point out one point in this topic where I started yelling and/or swearing. You can't. Go on. Try.

I never asked a question. I simply stated that Plants were alive. In another topic, I asked "Where did you get the connection between Polyamory and Incest?", and you blatantly avoided the question, you didn't try and answer it.

Besides, why do you always have to turn everything I ask into an argument, anyway?
Why don't you be mature and stop then. Your complaining about arguments and everything, but your the main one who wants to argue with someone.

You said the Damned. You did'nt have to say all that now.

I don't always turn what you say into arguements. I don't want to argue with you so leave me alone and let me go to bed. Night

Also, "Polyamor" and "Incest", wrong topic.

03-02-2002, 12:02 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

danny, sorry to say this, but your attitude toward pinky doesnt help at all. you just accuse her, your being just as much provocitive as she is, probably more. you two need to find a way to settle arguments, these things between you two soemtimes get out of hand.
03-02-2002, 12:04 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Why don't you be mature and stop then. Your complaining about arguments and everything, but your the main one who wants to argue with someone.
See? You say provokative things like this (which are blatantly not true), and then you're surprised when people don't like it...

:
You said the Damned. You did'nt have to say all that now.
I said what? I never even mentioned the Damned! And since when has mentioning the Damned been "yelling and cussing"...

:
I don't always turn what you say into arguements. I don't want to argue with you so leave me alone and let me go to bed. Night
If you so want to be "left alone", why do you always say such provokative things, and then pretend the other person started it?

:
Also, "Polyamor" and "Incest", wrong topic.
That is why I said they were... I know English isn't your first language, so I'm sorry if I sound patronising, but maybe you oughtn't argue in a language that you don't seem to grasp well...

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe:
danny, sorry to say this, but your attitude toward pinky doesnt help at all. you just accuse her, your being just as much provocitive as she is, probably more. you two need to find a way to settle arguments, these things between you two soemtimes get out of hand.
What did I do? Tell me where I'm going wrong with these arguments, because as far as I can see, all I've done is point out that Plants are Alive, told her why, and defended myself from her attacks!

Last edited by Danny; 03-01-2002 at 04:07 PM..
03-02-2002, 02:42 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

*RAISES ARM*

ROUND ONE........fight!

03-02-2002, 10:14 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
See? You say provokative things like this (which are blatantly not true), and then you're surprised when people don't like it...
1. It's called constructive criticism. You never take criticism. I'm just telling the truth. You do complain when people argue with you and you want to stop, but if the person does not want to argue with you, you get mad and want to argue somemore.

:
I said what? I never even mentioned the Damned! And since when has mentioning the Damned been "yelling and cussing"...[/B]
@Does "Don't provoke me, Quorisha. You know damn well that I know more about what I'm talking about than you do..." ring a bell? See, you get mad when people want to argue with you, but when people don't want to argue with you, you get mad even more and want to argue just as much. I know, I said it twice but I just want you to realize where I'm coming from. I think your being kinda hypocritical.

:
If you so want to be "left alone", why do you always say such provokative things, and then pretend the other person started it?[/B]
@I didn't say such provokative things. You get yourself angry over something that's not even provokative. That's just an excuse so you can try to argue with someone. If people say they want to be left alone, then leave them alone. Seems like you can't understand English Comprehension because if you told me to stop, I will stop believe me.

:
That is why I said they were... I know English isn't your first language, so I'm sorry if I sound patronising, but maybe you oughtn't argue in a language that you don't seem to grasp well...[/B]
@Ha! I can find some post when your English was awful. You don't have perfect english your self. Your not sorry. If you prefer people with perfect english and perfect people to be your friends then you are not going to have many friends. Some of my friends don't speak perfect english and it's their first language! I really don't care because no one speaks perfect english. Some Hispanics don't speak perfect spanish, like my uncle. He gets his conocers and salirs mixed up.

:
What did I do? Tell me where I'm going wrong with these arguments, because as far as I can see, all I've done is point out that Plants are Alive, told her why, and defended myself from her attacks! [/B]
@I only told you the difference between humans and plants. I left that alive mess alone after you started to argue because It took me a long time to realize that you want to win an arguement all the time. Plants are living. But they don't talk and breathe or have feelings like humans. I don't know how you got an argument from that Dan.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 03-02-2002 at 02:20 AM..
03-02-2002, 10:24 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
no.

like sombody said before,you don't really have the right to kill something anyway so I wouldn't
03-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
1. @Ha! I can find some post when your English was awful.

2. Plants are living. But they don't talk and breathe or have feelings like humans. I don't know how you got an argument from that Dan.
1. The only times when Dan's English has been bad enough to call aweful is when he was stoned or drunk.

2. You said plants weren't living/alive. Dan told you that they are.
And how does talking, breathing or emotions make something living or non-living?
03-02-2002, 10:35 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Gluk Schmuck

1. The only times when Dan's English has been bad enough to call aweful is when he was stoned or drunk.

2. You said plants weren't living/alive. Dan told you that they are.
And how does talking, breathing or emotions make something living or non-living?
1. So? I have friends who are more drunk and crazy and they can spell. I don't know if Dan's drunk or not. So that's not a excuse. He should not post then. He still can't judge no one's English. He always thinks that he has perfect English all the time, I know I don't.

2. No comment, I'm not going to answer that because I explained already what I meant.

03-02-2002, 01:27 PM
Abe-gun
Thudslug

: Dec 2001
: Orlando (moved from britian)
: 193
Abe-gun  (10)
No

Nah! Don't think so, unless he'd concer my room.

03-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Sylvia
Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: America... that's all I'm tellin' ya!
: 101
Sylvia  (10)

Well... I don't think cloning is right, and neither are "designer babies". That would take all the fun out of studying genetics. And, no, I would never kill a clone because they are living, too.

BTW, Jacob, interesting avatar. What is it? (I mean, I know it's a Slig, but, I haven't seen an avatar like that before.)

I used to be super_slig, but... I don't really know what happened. Oh, well I'm back. Hi, everybody!

03-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

I've already stated my opinion on this subject, I'm only returning here because of the argumentation between Quorisha and Danny. Look, I don't want to take sides on this one, but these kind of fights seem to happen every time Danny and Quorsh drop into a "polemical" topic involving religion or science in any degree.

We need to agree to something: a topic is created to talk about a given subject: this particular one is the "moral implications of being a human clone".

The subject is "attacked" by people that come here to state their opinion on the matter. I'll repeat, people come here to attack the subject, not other people.

I'm reluctant to say that in this case (Danny versus Pinky), most of the time Pinky is the first one to throw her rock toward Danny. Danny did that some times in the past, but it was a while back I saw it the last time.

My opinion: in a discussion between two individuals, if someone stops to defend his/her point of view and starts to directly attack the other person, it's because either he/she recognized that his/her own point of view is weak, or he/she doesn't have the power to attack the other person's statements.

Now, make your time and think about these words, and grow wiser, for the sake of the whole Oddworld on-line community.
03-03-2002, 09:24 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

:
Anyways, Oddbodd, are you still discussing this in your religion class?
nope, it was one of those...side off convos that classes often do. We are learning constantine! woohoo!

03-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
1. It's called constructive criticism. You never take criticism. I'm just telling the truth. You do complain when people argue with you and you want to stop, but if the person does not want to argue with you, you get mad and want to argue somemore.
Quo, Constructive Criticism is telling people their weaknesses or annoying habits so that they can change them. It's only constructive criticism if a) it's true, and b) the person doesn't already know it. Now, for a start, it is NOT true that I like to argue all the time, and if it was, I would already know it. So your statement was nothing but provokative.

:
@Does "Don't provoke me, Quorisha. You know damn well that I know more about what I'm talking about than you do..." ring a bell?
I said "damn", not "the Damned". I was picky there because I was annoyed, I apologise.

:
@I didn't say such provokative things. You get yourself angry over something that's not even provokative.
Telling me to "leave you alone" sounds pretty provokative to me. It may not have been intended that way, but it was. Perhaps you ought to think more carefully about whether what you say is provokative before you post it in future.

:
Seems like you can't understand English Comprehension because if you told me to stop, I will stop believe me.
The first part of that sentence is an example of the kind of things you say that are provokative. The second part is not true, because I've tried it before...

:
If you prefer people with perfect english and perfect people to be your friends then you are not going to have many friends.
I don't want friends with perfect English. What I want is friends who understand what I'm saying, and whom I can understand. I am not complaining that you don't have perfect English, I am complaining that you often misunderstand [or ignore] what I'm saying, and you often type things that are incomprehensible to me.

:
@I only told you the difference between humans and plants. I left that alive mess alone after you started to argue because It took me a long time to realize that you want to win an arguement all the time. Plants are living. But they don't talk and breathe or have feelings like humans. I don't know how you got an argument from that Dan.
You said that plants weren't alive. I pointed out that they were. I never started any argument...

03-04-2002, 08:00 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

ok now calm down.

plants are the only time that "cloning" is acceptable.

Did you know that a carrot actually screams when you pull it out. It's true, if you measure the radiation given off by the carrot and when you pull it off the radiation leaps then stops.... its like a carrot scream

03-04-2002, 06:41 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Quo, Constructive Criticism is telling people their weaknesses or annoying habits so that they can change them. It's only constructive criticism if a) it's true, and b) the person doesn't already know it. Now, for a start, it is NOT true that I like to argue all the time, and if it was, I would already know it. So your statement was nothing but provokative.

I said "damn", not "the Damned". I was picky there because I was annoyed, I apologise.

Telling me to "leave you alone" sounds pretty provokative to me. It may not have been intended that way, but it was. Perhaps you ought to think more carefully about whether what you say is provokative before you post it in future.

The first part of that sentence is an example of the kind of things you say that are provokative. The second part is not true, because I've tried it before...

I don't want friends with perfect English. What I want is friends who understand what I'm saying, and whom I can understand. I am not complaining that you don't have perfect English, I am complaining that you often misunderstand [or ignore] what I'm saying, and you often type things that are incomprehensible to me.

You said that plants weren't alive. I pointed out that they were. I never started any argument...
I don't care anymore.

Oddbodd, I'm going to try the carrot thingy!

03-05-2002, 09:50 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

:
I don't care anymore.
lol that was the best, short and hilarious reply to danny yet...

10 POINTS!