Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

02-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Natives hunt for food, but when I or my family does it is wrong?

Indians and other people who live off the land don't need to do that. They can get a job and work and by killed domesticated animals. I don't think domestic animals taste as gamey as the wild ones and i like that better.The best recipe for meat is meat on a grill with webber bbq. Thee best. Roasting and stews are great too. When an indian hunts it is noble, but when when anybody else does it it displays a striking lack of logic. And no, if animals get out of hand in an area, you got to take 'em out. Deers got so rampant in the freaking concrete jungle known as Two Rivers that they steal from feeders, eat all the plants and pose a serious vehicle hazard for people at night. The deers also pass diseases and grow more stunted and wakked out with each pasing day because no one can hunt them. I guess that would throw off natures "gentle equilibream". Whoever said my posts are bullshit here better check their other posts, because they were all over my ass when I said that in an evolution topic. So, If I say it it's bullshit, eh? I listened to what you say here without attacking you! Sorry, but I hate being pidgenholed as a idiotic rambo who enjoys torturing animals(I kill 'em very efficiently thak you). I might not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't like it when people get all over me and call my views bullshit
02-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2001
: 456
Steve  (32)

why would hunting help get rid of the spread of diseases? not only would there be carcasses lying(sp?) around but unless I'm quite mistaken, given the choice any hunter would rather shoot a healthy deer than a sick one. people want something that looks like it could kill, not give you a nasty cold.
02-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Re: Natives hunt for food, but when I or my family does it is wrong?

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
When an indian hunts it is noble, but when when anybody else does it it displays a striking lack of logic.
When someone hunts for the purpose of acquiring food it's acceptable. When someone hunts for a reason other than food it's illogical
02-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

The only excuses put forth since my last post is that if the deer are not killed, they would run rampant destroying the ecosystem and generally be a hazard. I already agreed that it would be chaotic, which is why I proposed a sterilization program. Am I to assume that all are in agreement with a compassionate sterilization program? Hunters could still have their fun, only they'll be armed with tranquilizer guns and sterilization equipment. They could hunt bucks, do their job then the animal would be free to go.

As for Statikk's comments, we have a genuine psycho on our hands. I can't believe you live your live according to those ideals, you have no respect for nature, seeing it only as raw material for you to exploit. I've never heard of someone encouraging the extinction of endangered animals.

Some of Stattik's quotes:
:
I kill animals. It is fun.
:
And if an endangerred animal dies, it wasn't meant to be around for a long time anyway.
:
Also, people should not try to save animals from going extinct and waste logging land and jobs and whatever some sanctified bundle of flesh is keeping from people, screw the environment unless it starts messing with me back.

02-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)
What is joe Six pack gonna say

Sterilization? Why do that when you can eat the animals. Sure, it is fun to hunt but it is fun to eat too. it would cast a lot of tax payer dollars to which people don't like at all in the u.s of a. Hmmm spend a few thousand dollars and a lot of time on paperwork and not be able to eat the dear, or save my grands and have some goddamn venison. what is the taxpayer likely to say: "Wow how "compassionate" to make Mr. buck's unit not work, even though it will cost money that could go to my wallet or "Keep away from my money you corporate bastards" also, how much money to find out how many to sterilize, do you sterilize males and females, a new part of the DNR to register the tags and put them in a "special" network, more research to see if it would and or did work,etc. If you want to be campassionate, don't hunt, boycott Arby's etc. Don't go screwing with people's money, though, 'cause people will be pissed.
02-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

"Money is the root of all evil." - Some one

Since when were greed and self-pleasure attributes that we strive for and encourage? I always laugh when I see grumpy morons moaning on about how their tax dollars are being taken away from them. Why not be happy and enjoy life without being a barbaric savage? Bloodlust could be exchanged for compassion.

Conclusion: Hunters are greedy, pleasure-seeking bastards.

02-24-2002, 04:26 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

As ever, it all seems to come down to a percieved economic issue... like the foxhunting issue over here, there's supposedly a economic reason it should be continued (if you listen to the huntspeople, anyway). I can't see it, though, and apparently neither can any of the academics...

Stattik - if you and everyone else that enjoys shooting hadn't wiped out all the predators, the deer you have to "control" wouldn't have to be controlled as there'd be a natural predator doing that job. But then, you'd have no "fun", would you?

Endangered species are not endangered through uselessness, either; they are endangered because people like you made them like it. If they die out, not only will the genetic biodiversity of their ecosystems be disturbed, there's always another species that will be affected by it - usually a pest that will subsequently go out of control. Which means humans have to spend money controlling it.

02-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)
Psycho!!!

I am not psychotic at all Sydney what is wrong with not giving a shit about every endangered animal? The limey crab and the warty dung beetle and other such animals give me nothing. Are they good companions and protecters? Do they taste good? If they make such an impact, then why is the environment just hum hum hummin' along? If the were so adaptable and evolved and necessary to the ecosystem(I use all of these generalizations with a pound of salt) than there would be a lot more than there are now! I fish, hunt, salamander scavange, round up snakes to look at them and kepp them as pets and later let them go, feed captive caught frogs to my other pets, and have a blast doing it. but just because I say these things don't name call and ostracise me,Sydney. The same standards of chivalry you hold for others doesn't apply to me. Why! You would be soundly raking me over the coals if I slandered people in the manner you slander me. I'm a psycho?
02-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

My apologies for calling you a psycho, Stattik, I was angry that you spoke of nature with such disrespect. I'll try to be more civil.

Why don't you ask yourself what you can give to nature rather than what nature can give to you? You seem to value things on whether or not they provide you with anything. That's a pretty selfish way of living.

02-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)
The predadation of predators

Teal, I hve yet to kill a fox wolf, coyote or other predator. I only know one person who has killed a predator, and let me tell you, that guy has some mad shooting skills! He has taken tenfold more deers and prey animals than predators. The wolf population is rapidly rising in Minnesota and Wisconsin and new canine predators are being introduced in countries and wildlife parks like Yellowstone. what you fail to realize is just how little killing a pack of canine predators does. They kill the animal and split it among a pack number a score or more. Hunters don't do that. They might share some meat, but not like the natural occuring predators in the Midwest of wisconsin. In fact, predator populations are on the rise not the decline, as are the population of deers. In fact, the dnr is asking people to shoot more animals traditionally classified as varmints, the likes of which are foxes and coyotes and wolves, which should be off the endangered species list because I've always wondered how wolf jerky would taste and aa head would look pretty spiffin' above my bed.
02-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)
Selfish by nature, apologetic too

Sorry for getting rabid on you Sydney. what got me thinking was if the hippo went away, how much it would screw africa's water supply. I should respect nature a little more. But i don't want to stop hunting or eating meat. I tried veggie once for like a day,mainly because mom didn't have the food with her. By the next day I pounced on some roast like a starving man. I guess some people have to eat meat or go crazy.
02-24-2002, 06:45 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Conclusion: Hunters are greedy, pleasure-seeking bastards.
WHAT??? You take that radical leap of logic back! My father is a hunter! (explains the poor deer staring at me from the wall right now) And he is not greedy and is absolutely anything but a bastard! My father is a generous man! Just becuase he engages in such a blood sport doesn't mean he's some soul-less bastard that shoots things for the sheer pleasure of watching them die.

Besides, in the modern world today most people (besides hunters) are pleasure seekers, anyway.
02-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

I didn't take a radical leap of logic. I reasoned that hunters hunt because it gives them pleasure, giving no second thoughts for the actual being who they're killing. Therefore I must conclude that hunters are greedy pleasure-seekers.

I take back the bastard comment.

02-25-2002, 09:55 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

Steve  (32)

Statikk: the reasons wolfs are on the rise is because they thrive in minnesota and wisconsion, the only reason they left was because they were hunted out. they killed livestock so people offered rewards for pelts or something like that. and with yellowstone they released 2 wolves and within a coulple of monthes both of them were killed by bounty hunters.
02-26-2002, 07:36 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
Re: Psycho!!!

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
If they make such an impact, then why is the environment just hum hum hummin' along?
Pardon me, but it isn't. Have you looked at the oceans recently? Have you breathed the air? Granted, a lot of the problems with the ecosystem aren't caused by hunting, but they're caused by the same selfish attitudes that you are espousing here...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Well, I havn't taken a gander at the oceans because i live in Winsconsin. And no, I don't breathe air, Dan. Thanks for reminding me to do that, etherwise imight have passed out1 anywho. Give me some "wrong" things that happened to the environment and I bet hunters and non hunters alike were involved in these terrible fiascos and travesties. Do not argue the straw man. Also, hunting is conservation and a lot of government funded programs to "save the planet" are being payed for out of the everyday hunters piggy bank. and are you implying that there is something wrong with want. When does want turn into this elusive term known as greed? Because we all shark and want the biggest bang for our bucks.
02-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Again...i haven't read all the replies. But hunting is in our nature, sure it was for survival reasons but still. I would try it if i wasn't so soft...dunno y...jus' intrigues me. But i mainly download hunting games...or sumat. Its better than killing. But its probably a adrenaline rush of some sort. And Donut...or 'Robin' as it were man wont fight a Tiger wiv their bear hands cos man is clever...of corse ur going to use a gun...no sane person wouldn't!! For one it wouldn't be a fair fight...Tiger having Claws and all. Mainly Hunters do hunt for pleasure...but wouldn't u hunt if u was a big-hairy 35 yr old virgin who has about as much fashion sense as a skinned fish...? Hunters dont get sex...they get animal skin...its there way...like us at Ikea (Thats a joke by the way...im sure Ikea dont hunt animals cos they cant get sex)

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

Steve  (32)

stattik: think of it another way. how many people that actually give a ^$@& about the enviroment hunt? and of those that do are they worried about other people or themselves? also while you may like hunting, do you aprove of baiting?