12-11-2001, 06:33 PM
Robbo
Sniper Wasp

: Jul 2001
: Oddworld
: 254
Robbo  (10)
Specificly Oddworld?????

Do the RPG's have to be linked with Oddworld? I know that they have to be in the Oddworld universe but do they have to be tightly linked with whats happened in the Oddworld games. I mean, do a certain type of creatures have to live on this planet and do they have to act like that? I'm asking because I'm thinking of writing a RPG, but if it has to be bound to certain rules I can't do it because I have nearly no knowledge on Oddworld. Whatever the answer, could some kind soul please give me some basic info on the Oddworld universe so I don't make a cock-up?

12-11-2001, 07:27 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

The RPG does have to be set on Oddworld, but does not have to be in any way linked to the games [in fact, I personally prefer it if it isn't, since nobody but OWI can do Abe and Munch justice...] The current RPG has never had anything to do with the Oddworld games, really...

One point, though: you don't write an RPG, all the players write it between them. You can start one off if you like...

As for basic info on Oddworld, there is really too much to just tell you. Have a look around GD, ask Max a few questions, etc...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-12-2001, 01:32 PM
Robbo
Sniper Wasp

: Jul 2001
: Oddworld
: 254
Robbo  (10)

Okay, thanks Rettic.

EDIT: Maybe I'll write a fic instead.........

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Munchy ]