12-30-2001, 04:40 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
Glukkon KKK

AbeBabe's post in the "Mudokon Pops" topic got me thinking - do you think that there might be some kind of racist society on Oddworld, like a sinister bunch of Glukkons who go around lynching Mudokons? I think there should be, as that would fit with the original Satirical inent of Oddworld, but I don't think there will be, since OWI seems to be going more for attracting a younger audience now. Still, what do you think? Should the GGG happen?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-30-2001, 05:37 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I think some how Oddworld will pu something like this in one of their games, because I mean we haven't even visited the cities of Oddworld yet.
01-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I'd always assumed that if there ws an Oddworld Ku Klux Klan (not Klu Klux Klan) it would be populated mainly by the Octigi 0.2 species.

However, be aware that for racism to occur on Oddworld, you'd have to have an ism against one of your own species, otherwise that would be considered speciesism.

Like, a GGG lynching Mudokons would be a speciesist group. However, a race of red-skinned Glukkons pushing our familiar purply friends about. That would make a curious plot.

01-01-2002, 12:33 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

It seems to me that all the races of oddworld at least on Mudos are in some kind racial warfare with one another. I wounder if it is the sixties on Oddworld? HaHa! I can see it now Mudokin Hippies. There all nature loving rock n roll people vs buseness men the Glukkens. The Glukkens are some kind of southern neo nazi raciest punks. And Abe is an Oddworld version of Martin Luther King. Yea what ever!

01-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

The red-skinned Glukk thing wouldn't work, since red-skinned Glukks aren't the dominant race. It might work the other way round, though... No, even so, Glukks aren't slaves, Muds are. I think they'd be pushing Muds around, despite being different species.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.