04-16-2001, 11:53 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: Apr 2001
: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)
The Mummy Returns

I go to the theatre's all the time, and I like to post about upcoming movies in Off Topic that I think will be cool. So here is the first one for the new forums.

I have been seeing the trailer/advertisement for The Mummy Returns. I liked the first one a lot, and I think the 2nd will be a lot better. It looks good..visit there website - www.themummy.com

All I know about the story line is...you know the dude and girl stars from the first one? Well, in this one they have a son. He finds takes this artifact that his parents find, and puts it on his rist, and this huge ancient egyption city comes out of it. Then the mummy gets release, blah blah. The Mummys queen is there...and The Scorpian King played by the Rock will be in it.

Also...soon they will begin production on The Scorpian King (the mummy 3?)..It will star The Rock and it will tell the Scorpian Kings story.

Now that I have proved that I know nothing about this awesome upcoming movie...what do you guys think of it?

04-17-2001, 05:27 AM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

Spectacular fun. My type movie. My Cg studio had a bit of a hand in the creature FX and animation. Those little extras you see in the backdrops of the creatures in the major populated scenes were most of our work.

Not because I have a small hand in the movie, but... it will be great fun, along with Shrek from the Antz guys, you know the PDI animation studio, great team.
04-28-2001, 08:37 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

the rock rulz!! rocky rocky rocky rocky
04-28-2001, 09:47 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Steel Shark, I'm surprised nobody's asked you this sooner: Who exactly are you, and where do you work/who do you work for?

It's been bugging me a while but now more than ever, who are you?
04-28-2001, 02:16 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

the mummy 2 looks okay but since i am not going to see it would you elum or any other member see it and then rate on the off topic discussion so that we know wether to see it or not.

04-28-2001, 04:15 PM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

Well Pacen, if I told you I'd have to kill you, and I like you, so I will tell you as little as possible.

I am an invester, I am pretty much a money bag guy. The gaming companies kiss my backside for developement cash,basically I am a producer or behind the scenes silent partner. You know co-producer.

I have done small side Cg work in movies you know those little extra details that make effects in movies stand out. I am the guy in the shadows, I make things possible with my giving out cash and doing the extra detail Cg work in movies, and games.

I live in Newport beach California, on the beach itself. My studio is my home itself, along with the studios that have hired me that's where I get my work done, if that's what work is. I will be spending half my time in California and the other half in Europe. I will be opening up my full on studio this Fall in Belgium. I love Europe, and to travel within it.

I will go easy on the investing as of now, maybe 2 or 3 projects a year. My true love is to create my own Cg movie with a game to follow. I am in pre-production as of now. Oh you shall see a real movie in the summer of 2003, I'll keep you all posted.

Anyway's I have already told you too much Pacen, lucky I like you, otherwise off with you're head.
04-29-2001, 12:52 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

That sounds really cool Steel Shark. You should put Elum in your movie! j/k

But..you do live in California..thats where the Oddworld Studios are. Why dont you try and get a job there? That would be awesome.

I will tell you how the movie is Lantra, I am going to see it on opening night. It opens in less than a week. The Jurassic Park 3 trailer before it is going to be great!

05-22-2001, 10:29 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Oh My Gosh, That movie sucked, phew! Me and my friends were laughing the whole time because it was soooo stupid but funny.

05-23-2001, 09:28 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

i saw it on the premire night and i thought it was ecelent.a bit better then the origanal.
05-23-2001, 09:41 AM
LuxoJr
Howler Punk

: Australia
: 329
LuxoJr  (10)

Actually, Industrial Light and Magic of Jurassic Park fame did the character work (including the Scorpion King) in The Mummy Returns.