Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
kotoreru

: Apr 2007
: nope
: 19
kotoreru  (10)
Exclamation AE 3rd General corrupt?

Hello, hope someone here can give me some advice.

Installed AE 4 days ago after borrowing it from my friend. Got up to the 3rd General Glukkon guy, cant remember his name...the guy in the FeeCo Executive Office etc.

Anyway, he isnt moving or making any noise. I possess him and he still doesnt move or make any noise, and I cant move! I can sort of jump, but he dissapears and a big pixelly smudge appears on the screen until I touch the depossess button.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm running AE on Windows XP and am running the no-cd patch to force it to work...otherwise I just get the 'not supported on NT' screen. Everything else in the game has worked so far, no problems at all, except for not getting the cut-scenes because of the no-cd...

I'm kind of miffed about this actually because I just need to get this guy to do his thing then I can get into Soulstorm Brewery, and I've never got that far before

I've attached some screenshots of before posession and after I make the glukkon jump (the pixelly smudge).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ae problem 1.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	40.9 
ID:	7802   Click image for larger version

Name:	aeproblem2.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	41.7 
ID:	7803  
04-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Chubfish
Grubb Fisherman

: England
: 907
Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)

That is really screwed up...you could try and reinstall the game but back up your save files then load your file and try again...or make it run under Windows 95 in properties then try again. I like my first option, but I've never seen anything like that before.

04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
kotoreru

kotoreru  (10)
:(

Thanks for your suggestions Chubfish, but neither work. I even tried every option the compatibility settings.

It's very strange how it's just this bit of the game - the rest has been fine.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

: May 2003
: I cruise around...
: 227
Reiji Neko Mitsukai  (10)

As a last resort- level skip.

"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named . . . but a DYING culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."
-- Robert Heinlein in Friday

04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

It's a very common problem for anyone running it on Windows XP. There are some fixes out for it. Try going to gamecopyworld.com and look up AE, then try out a few of the german and spanish .exe files. One of them fixes the problem, I tested it myself. I can't guaranty you'll keep your save games though.

Havoc

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
kotoreru

kotoreru  (10)
:O

Reiji, many thanks for the suggestion. I actually didnt realise there was a level skip cheat lol

A quick hunt around yielded the menu shift+down,r,l,r,l,r,l,up cheat.
Took a while to find out which level to select, but I'm now working my way through a multitude of doors to get the top one to open.

Bit sorry not to have been able to do the Glukkon bit, but nevermind.

I know we aren't meant to talk about illegal files on this forum, but this is actually what those files are meant for - they're backup copies for legitimate owners of the original discs.

Is anyone willing to give me a couple of links for AE so I can check if its just my friend's copy of the game that is dodgy?

Many thanks again