Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

02-16-2007, 12:28 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. At least you guys are still friends though.

02-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

My Valentine's Day was spent at home, where I sat down and talked to you guys most of the time. It was a snow day, or a day in which students are excused from classtime because the outside is covered in snow, blocking all possible safe routes to school. So yeah, even though that was the day I was suppose to tell someone I still cared for them very much, and would have presented two flowers, a snow storm came by and I sat inside, ruining most of the kindness. I did it the next day, so yeah, it wasn't all that bad.

Sorry to hear about the ex-girlfriend thing, Arxryl. At least it lasted for some time and you had some good times.

Glad to see Snuzi with some he loves, or his other half. Never let her down, trust me, that ain't great to do. But I see you never doing that, by the way you describe your love.

02-16-2007, 03:24 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

I always try not to let her down. And apparently, even when I think I do, she thinks otherwise .

02-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

:
Sorry to hear about the ex-girlfriend thing, Arxryl. At least it lasted for some time and you had some good times.
Oh! It's nothing like that. I asked a girl out the other day, and she hasn't said yes/no yet so I'm still hopeful. But thank you for your sympathy anyways!

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

02-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

I think Slaveless may have meant Jordon_Boi, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I didn't really do anything special on Valentine's Day, since unlike some people () I don't get many chances to see my girlfriend very often. And she wasn't online that day and had no credit on her cellphone, but I sent a text message so I guess you could say I did one thing. Anyway...

I agree with Snuzi, too, and yes, I'd say don't get too worried about finding someone, just concentrate on making friends, both male and female, and one day I'm sure you'll find someone who is suitable. But take your time about it and get to know them well as friends, then if it does get any furthur, you've got that friendship base! And if it doesn't, you get a good friend anyway.

Then again, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, so I should probably shut up now

02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

I'm sad...nothing happened to me on Valentine's Day *sob sob cry cry.* But that may have happened cuz I'm not the one to drool over hot girls, I'm cool 8)
02-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Nah, I don't drool much... I just hope I can find a girl who my parents like, and she is just right for me. My ex and me had SO much in common, we're both Nintendo freaks, and other stuff. But it's over... And hopefully I can find another girl like that someday...
02-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

If I had a girlfriend and my parents didn't like her, it wouldn't bother me much. If they don't like her it's their problem, not mine.
Now, if my friends didn't like her, that'd be a different story.

02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Why would it matter if your friends didn't like her? As long as you two are compatible and care for one another, the last thing you should be worrying about is your friends' opinions of her.

Although, if she were using you, then I could understand if your friends disapproved of her .

02-17-2007, 02:09 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

Goodness, so much sad news...
Well, happy late Valentine's day, if it counts now...

I spent the day at home, eating doughnuts and listening to the radio. I'm a lonely woman...
Oh, and I called about sixty of my friends, and approximately half of them went out tonight. So I guess it being Valentine's day does have some effect on relationships.
Well, yeah

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Dang, I wish I had a donut. My Valentine's day was lonely, and I sent this girl a Valentine. And the class ponce started blabbing to everybody, I hate him so much...
02-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

:
Why would it matter if your friends didn't like her? As long as you two are compatible and care for one another, the last thing you should be worrying about is your friends' opinions of her.
I don't think that's true at all. If your friends don't like your girlfriend, then you should rethink either who you hang out with or who you date. I think it kinda sucks to look for different things in your friends and your lovers, aside from the obvious physical and romantic attractions thing. Girl/boyfriends should be friends too.

Although sometimes people get jealous and whatnot, and a group of otherwise compatible people gets all fractured and shitty. So I guess that could go either way.

02-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

I think V Day is evil. To some it's a great day. But there's a handful of people who don't get a date and are lonely and feel bad and feel loserish. Luckily, I escaped that hand and jumped onto the, "I DONT CARE" hand.
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

:
I don't think that's true at all. If your friends don't like your girlfriend, then you should rethink either who you hang out with or who you date. I think it kinda sucks to look for different things in your friends and your lovers, aside from the obvious physical and romantic attractions thing. Girl/boyfriends should be friends too.
If my friends don't like the guy, he goes, it's as simple as.

But I've been told it's different for guys than it is for girls. Something like to a guy, his girlfriend is the most important person in the world. But to a girl, the boyfriend is usually on par [of importantness] or below friends.

- Rexy

Last edited by Rex Tirano; 02-17-2007 at 03:02 PM..
02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
OddjobAbe
National Treasure

: 3,121
OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)

I don't necessarily care about V-day, not even when my girlfriend Lois is around. I see it as pointless for some reason. Then again, all holidays and occasions are wrecked by my evil 16 year old cousins.

02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

:

Although sometimes people get jealous and whatnot, and a group of otherwise compatible people gets all fractured and shitty. So I guess that could go either way.
See, the thing is, your friends might think and act differently than your significant other, so how could you take their opinion into account if they aren't like your significant other at all? Perhaps they just dislike your boy/girlfriend just because they don't act the same way as your friends do.

:

But I've been told it's different for guys than it is for girls. Something like to a guy, his girlfriend is the most important person in the world. But to a girl, the boyfriend is usually on par [of importantness] or below friends.

- Rexy
Wow, that isn't right at all. So, you're saying, if your friends didn't like the guy, you'd dump him no matter what?

Now, let's say they were jealous that you spent more time with him then you did with them, and as a result, they told you they didn't approve of him so you'd dump him. Now what?

02-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Sirap
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Bucks County
: 10
Sirap  (10)

:

- Rexy

I definitely think that concept is illogical since well, I am FEMALE and because my "friends," many in fact, would always claim that my boyfriend may not be good enough for me or that he may not appear as genuine as I had hoped for. Well, I've known my boyfriend longer than I've known them and they were VERY wrong since they turned out to be the ones who were disappointments, which is no surprise, but it just shows that friends are NOT always correct. They're merely jealous of their friend's happiness and hope to plant stupid thoughts in one's brain. I would never trust any person with their opinion on my relationship. A relationship should depend on the two people that are involved, case closed. No one can know better than yourself.

-Why?

-Ice.

-Slippery.

-Oh.

02-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

I spent the evening/morning watching films with the disappointing sort of girlfriend.

02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

Dag, no weenie kisses?

:
See, the thing is, your friends might think and act differently than your significant other, so how could you take their opinion into account if they aren't like your significant other at all? Perhaps they just dislike your boy/girlfriend just because they don't act the same way as your friends do.
Just because two people are different from one another doesn't mean their opinions on each other are void. And as I said, if your friends don't like your significant other just because he/she is different, maybe you should rethink who you hang out with.

:
Now, let's say they were jealous that you spent more time with him then you did with them, and as a result, they told you they didn't approve of him so you'd dump him. Now what?
Now your friends are happier.

:
They're merely jealous of their friend's happiness and hope to plant stupid thoughts in one's brain.
Yeah, if your friends suck ass.

:
I would never trust any person with their opinion on my relationship.
That's a stupid and arrogant point of view. Lots of times it takes an outside view to give a relationship perspective.

02-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Valentine's Day I went out into the City with one of my best friends and just hung out like we normally do. I received a few text message valentines, and around two in person, but they were all in good humour.

I didn't expect anything serious because everyone knows I'm not in the mood for relationships, especially in the coming months. Such a stance has caused one or two friendships to cease, but that is the price you pay.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

02-17-2007, 07:01 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

:
But, thanks to your friends, you may be missing out on a wonderful reltionship .

:
That's a stupid and arrogant point of view. Lots of times it takes an outside view to give a relationship perspective.
No it isn't. My girlfriend and I know more about our relationship than anyone else does, and therefore have a better understanding and opinion of it than anyone else. My friends are ignorant, immature individuals who hardly have any knowledge when it comes to serious relationships. Therefore, they'd be the last people I trust when it came to mine. I wouldn't trust anyone else either, as the only things people have been telling me and my girlfriend is "Maybe your not ready", "You should try to date other people first", or "You spend too much time with each other". Mind you, my girlfriend and I have known one another for over 5 years, and have been dating for nearly two. We never fight, we hardly ever have disagreements, and we're basically the same person. All things considered, I view this relationship as being perfect. Now, can you honestly tell me that, judging by some of the things I've quoted people as saying to us, that she and I don't have a better understanding of our relationship than anyone else?

02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Sirap
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Bucks County
: 10
Sirap  (10)

:
Dag, no weenie kisses?

Just because two people are different from one another doesn't mean their opinions on each other are void. And as I said, if your friends don't like your significant other just because he/she is different, maybe you should rethink who you hang out with.

Yeah, if your friends suck ass.

Stupid and arrogant? Don't make me laugh. In my former post, I was referring to friends who offer their opinions of a person's relationship without knowing the details. I mentioned that my friends suggest that my relationship was not what it seemed when I never spoke of the details, so how is what I said stupid and arrogant? I do indeed know some people who "suck" as you say, and therefore, why would their opinion matter to me? I do not believe all of one's friends can give positive advice about relationships, especially towards young teenagers who have moronic problems in a relationship. A relationship is about the TWO people that are involved as I said before and should truly include their perspectives of the relationship and discuss it. Friends shouldn't be so ignorant and claim they know about a person's life and offer such STUPID information and "advice" when it wasn't asked by the person who is being criticized. If a person wants advice, they'll ask a friend or family member, etc. People don't need to take such nonsense from friends who are oblivious of the common lifestyle of a man and a woman being together. So, what you think I said may be stupid and arrogant was merely an opinion of how friends usually give negative feedback about this situation when no complaint was made in the first place.

-Why?

-Ice.

-Slippery.

-Oh.

02-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

:

Although, if she were using you, then I could understand if your friends disapproved of her .
I tend to listen to my closest friends more than anyone else. Being girls, they tend to be better judges of a girl's character than me. Also, I have the tendency to be too nice to people when I shouldn't be and they'll tell me that. If they don't like a girlfriend, then she's gone.

02-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Ah Romance... One man's pain-killer, another's pain-inducer.

My buck and a half on this one is that it really depends. If you have some really awesome friends, one's that would still be there for you if you totally massacred their lawn, house, and car in one night, then I'd listen to them and think about what they say. Not always follow it as everyone makes mistakes, but at least listen.
But if you have the kind of friends who tell you to do somehting because they think it would be funny, or get hauled to the police station for being drunk in public regularly, or just plain-old ass hole friends who are just plain A-holes...Yeah, don't take heed what the stupid man says. Unless of course they do know things about relationships.

Ta-Da!

02-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

:
My friends are ignorant, immature individuals who hardly have any knowledge when it comes to serious relationships. Therefore, they'd be the last people I trust when it came to mine.
Refer to Kimon's previously stated tenet, "Rethink who you hang out with."

:
Now, can you honestly tell me that, judging by some of the things I've quoted people as saying to us, that she and I don't have a better understanding of our relationship than anyone else?
I dunno, I don't know you.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one though. I've had a few friends who had the same views on relationships as you, and have fucked over everyone besides their boy/girlfriend completely. It's pretty selfish. I've been on the shitty end of the "Lover > Friends" stick too many times to support that way of thinking.

02-18-2007, 02:34 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

:
I'm sticking to my guns on this one though. I've had a few friends who had the same views on relationships as you, and have fucked over everyone besides their boy/girlfriend completely. It's pretty selfish. I've been on the shitty end of the "Lover > Friends" stick too many times to support that way of thinking.
Well, in all honesty, I'd pick my girlfriend over just about anybody I know in my life anyday. And it isn't selfish. I just know that my girlfriend would always be there for me when I needed her, unlike some of the other people in my life.

02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Well, on a related note, the girl I asked out said "yes". W00t!

And, I think that so far, my girl-friend and my friends are going to kinda go hand in hand. Neither will be more influencial than the other... until our relaitonship gets a bit stronger. But with the friends I have, I doubt this'll be a problem.

02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Heh, congrats, Arxryl! Hope your new relationship goes smoothly

02-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Sirap
Zappfly