Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

01-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

:
You know, I completely disagree with the kids views and I agree that his basis for them is shaky at best but I can't really fault his presentation of them. It seems like he is doing his best to talk intelligently about it and is being very accomodating of other people's beliefs and rights. I know this will sound weird coming from me but I think you guys are being way too hard on him. I mean, it seems like he is taking offense to the way you are talking to him rather than your opinion. That's fairly rare for a fundamentalist Christian. This kid is acting the way that you should want these guys to act. And he hasn't really been wrong about what he is accusing you of. I'm reading this and all I see is him asking you to stop calling him stupid and you just keep saying "I'm not calling you stupid, stupid". That's what it amounts to. Looney-bin is the only one to actually come off really stupid so far. Seriously, that post was idiotic kid. You completely missed the point of his post.
Seconded. And put far better than I ever could have.

01-31-2007, 04:49 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Believe it or not but I have to agree with OANST here as well. Even though I still think he's an idiot for making stupid jokes like that which no-one even gets!\

Havoc

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

01-31-2007, 05:27 AM
looney-bin
Bola Blast

: Apr 2006
: Home
: 421
looney-bin  (76)

I guess I have to 4th that then.
02-01-2007, 05:00 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

Just to return to the original argument for a mo, was it ever actaully proved it was more likely for homosexual parents to bring up homosexual children? I'm sure I heard that somewhere...
02-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Barring any grudge against their parents, certainly more liberal understanding and accepting children. But it doesn't correspond to their sexuality, no. Why should it?

02-01-2007, 07:53 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

:
You know, I completely disagree with the kids views and I agree that his basis for them is shaky at best but I can't really fault his presentation of them. It seems like he is doing his best to talk intelligently about it and is being very accomodating of other people's beliefs and rights. I know this will sound weird coming from me but I think you guys are being way too hard on him. I mean, it seems like he is taking offense to the way you are talking to him rather than your opinion. That's fairly rare for a fundamentalist Christian. This kid is acting the way that you should want these guys to act. And he hasn't really been wrong about what he is accusing you of. I'm reading this and all I see is him asking you to stop calling him stupid and you just keep saying "I'm not calling you stupid, stupid". That's what it amounts to. Looney-bin is the only one to actually come off really stupid so far. Seriously, that post was idiotic kid. You completely missed the point of his post.
I suppose he is trying to present them the best that he can, but that isn't the point. What annoys me is that he doesn't support any of his opinions. He just thinks he can say what he want without explaining why he is justified in doing so.

02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Can we all please stop being idiots and leave our religious justification for discrimination at the door please? ...or, just not come in.

Ta.

To justify that somebody shouldn't be allowed to Adopt because of your religious beliefs is idiotic, please never try and justify an argument like this again, otherwise i may genuinely urinate on your ovaries.

...even if you don't have them.

Needs of the child should take precedence. If a child is going to recieve love and care from two Queers or Dykes, then fine. It certainly beats being ignored in an Orphanage and touched by one of the carers/older boys.

Does a child really need two parents of opposite gender when growing up? In a perfect World, yes. But we don't live in a perfect World.

However, i would prefer it if the couple adopting had somebody of the opposite sex who was quite close to them, just to give the child that little bit of...what's the word? ...pfftttt, no idea. But you get the point.

Will the child be bullied? Probably. But what child isn't?

Homosexuals tend to adopt the most needy of children as well, the ones with serious issues, the ones which some couples will try and avoid, so if this means that those children are going to get a home, why is that bad?

Also, what about special circumstances? Such as little girls who have been abused, and would ideally be introduced to men gradually and carefully, surely being brought up by a Lesbian couple would be ideal to that child?

All in all, the people against it don't really have a leg to stand on. Their arguments are usually mired in religion/stupidity/hate. ...all of which don't have to be exclusive.

Will it make the child Gay to have two Gay parents? ...no.

Will the child be abused by Homosexual parents? There's a possibility, but Paedophiles statistically tend to be Heterosexual.

:
"Where the f*ck are you getting your info from? More people are dying in Africa from aids in case you don't know..."
Yes. He should've said most black people have AIDs.

For the record, i couldn't be bothered to read most of your points. Most of you are morons anyway.

*Cough*

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud