Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

He's back! He's back!

*Dances*
05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2005
: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

Jacob, you dirty bastard, it's good to have you back. Ass smack.

I actually never talked to you really, so that's enough with the chum-chumerries.

I used to have all sorts of premonitions, mostly short-term things like what song was going to pop up on the radio, but they were all very surreal and jarring experiences. I was sure of my psychic powers in 7th grade, because I'd get them about 3 times a day. Cool stuff.

05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

:
To be able to see the future would mean that fate exists, which doesn't. So you are wrong. Nobody can see into the future.
To be able to see the future would not mean Fate. Fate would mean you can't change the future. Of course, if Fate were to exist you would still be able to get visions and act against them if it was your Fate to go against the vision. The problem with Fate is that it is completely unprovable. It doesn't even make sence to argue it. If it exists, there's nothing you can do about it (because anything you do is what you were actualy meant to do). If it doesn't exist, there's nothing you can do about it.

Anyway, back on topic.

I haven't really had "premonitions" per-say. I've thought "This is bad..." when I'm walking home and there's a gang of people on the street corner, but that's nothing special.

I've had deja-vu several times in quick succesion to the degree that I know who's going to say what and when. I've also had loop-style deja-vu where I know this has happened before and I remember reacting in a certain way, the same way I react this time round.

Of course, while deja-vu is creepy and funny when you answer your friends before they ask anything, it's not helpful. Walking down the stairs and suddenly remembering "the guy in front of me is going to trip" just before you'd be able to stop him falling is so un-useful.