Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

09-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)
If you could pick any voice actor...

Okay, I know most of you get wet just hearing Lorne Lanning's voice scrape over the microphone and into Abe, Molluck, Humphrey and Irwin's voice boxes, but this is just a "what if" thing.

Who would you pick to replace one of the character's voices?

-Personally, I've always thought that Dan Castellaneta (Who does a big chunk of the characters on The Simpsons, including Homer) would do a great job of voicing Phleg.

-While we're on The Simpsons, I think Hank Azaria (Plays Moe, the greyed bartender, among many others) would do great as Aslik.

-Tom Kenny would be great as a Mudokon, possibly Alf if he can stomach the lisp he's got.

-The only person I can think could pull off Stranger would be Jim Cummings, if only to get to hear him say one of the big three swear words (the guy's never swore in ANYTHING!). There are probably better chices, but none ring a bell right now.

-I think John Di Magio could do an excellent Outlaw Boss. He does those green blob monsters on Futurama, and they sound almost similar.

-Just by looking at the CG Model, I think Phyllis Diller would be a good choice for Queen Sam.

Abe would still be voiced by Lorne (dispite my protests, it's only fair that the creator gets to voice the creation).

A good friend of mine online says that he thinks Gilbert Gottfried would make a good Vykker. I wholeheartedly agree with him, and hope that it happens. I also think Dana Snyder (Master Shake) could do a good Vykker.

This isn't limited to pro voice talent that only star in cartoons. If you can think of any good pro actors that could fill the character, put 'em down!

(Hopefully with more people making the Oddworld games with Lorne, this will become a reality.)

Last edited by Dipstikk; 09-02-2005 at 09:56 PM..
09-02-2005, 09:55 PM
a flock of seagulls
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2004
: internet
: 534
a flock of seagulls  (10)

:
Dana Snyder (Master Shake) could do a good Vykker.
Amen to that, make his voice a bit higher, and he's a vykker alright.

09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Beavis Core
Chippunk

: Aug 2005
: London
: 30
Beavis Core  (10)

:
Personally, I've always thought that Dan Castellaneta (Who does a big chunk of the characters on The Simpsons, including Homer) would do a great job of voicing Phleg.
No, no, no. I admit, proudly, Dan Castellaneta would make an AWESOME Glukkon. The way he makes Homer just SOUND so dumb, he'd be able to make a Glukkon dimwit of Dripikal proportions. However, I have to say that him as Phleg is a big "omgwtf"... No way.

Now, hmm, lemme think of some good talents. Well, John DiMaggio, who was mentioned previously, does not only do the voice of the green blobs in Futurama. Everyone that is worth a damn knows he voices Bender. And I think that if they made his voice a higher pitch or whatever they do, he would make an excellent mudokon. Just a thought.
These are questions only BEAVIS CORE could ask. PM with you answer to join the insanity TODAY! *note: PM's are not guaranteed replies*

09-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
No, no, no. I admit, proudly, Dan Castellaneta would make an AWESOME Glukkon. The way he makes Homer just SOUND so dumb, he'd be able to make a Glukkon dimwit of Dripikal proportions. However, I have to say that him as Phleg is a big "omgwtf"... No way.
I can imagine him as Dripik as well. But Dan does many other voices besides Homer, as I'm sure you're well aware. I think he'd have no problem giving Phleg a voice.

09-03-2005, 05:56 AM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

I think that Maggie Smith would do a prety good job as Maggie, the Glukkon queen. Har har.

09-03-2005, 06:03 AM
AngryVyykerDude
Stingbee

: In a place
: 87
AngryVyykerDude  (10)

For some reason.. I think bruce campbell will a good chipunk.

09-03-2005, 10:17 AM
a flock of seagulls
Rabid Fuzzle

Well, i think Kel... um... Kel from the Kenan And Kel show, i think he could be a good mudokon.

09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
AngryVyykerDude
Stingbee

: In a place
: 87
AngryVyykerDude  (10)

Maybe arnold schwazenegger as a big bro!!!!
LMAO!

09-03-2005, 12:06 PM
a flock of seagulls
Rabid Fuzzle

:
Maybe arnold schwazenegger as a big bro!!!!
LMAO!
HA! that would be an excellent choice... if he had a deeper voice!
"I am... THE SLIGANATOR!"

09-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Shrink
Formerly Esus

: Dec 2002
: x
: 286
Shrink  (10)

Either a bunch of Unknowns or their current voices, of which I have grown attached to, would be my choice.
I can't imagine Phleg with any other voice than his current one. It's his voice, it's part of who he is.
09-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
I can't imagine Phleg with any other voice than his current one. It's his voice, it's part of who he is.
Yeah, I see what your getting at, and I tend to agree, whuch is why I said that the new actors should be able to pull off the old voices.

But Lorne is a... really... bad actor, and the way he did Phelg sounded ameturish. This goes for many of the other voices he's done. Abe's Exoddus is a REALLY good example of this. Sure, the guy can cook up 50 different sounding voices for a game, but it's a matter of how he goes about acting them out that makes me want to shake him and yell "HIRE SOME PROFESSIONALS, YOU NINNY!"

It's like when a skit show invites someone from, like, a reality show, and puts them in a skit along with professional actors. These people are terrible, and it's almost like they drag the proformance down into a pit of shame. I have never been able to lable what this phenomenon is exactly, but it grates at my ears.

Long story short, I find video games that are as fun to listen to as they are to play extremely entertaining, and Lorne is lacking in the first of the two, very much so.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 09-03-2005 at 05:11 PM..
09-03-2005, 04:57 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

Oh, Matt, you little perfectionist, you.
As long as Lorne isn't hiring Jennifer Lopez or Brad Nutt or any of those... then it's okay.

Rowan Atkinson for Clackaret!... or the Grubb version of cabaret... yea. That'd be good.

09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
Oh, Matt, you little perfectionist, you.
No, no. But compare Psychonauts to Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in terms of voice work. BIG difference.

09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

I think Christopher Lee and Tim Curry could do excellent jobs as sinister beings of some sort, and Tony Shaloub (Of Monk fame) might make a good mudokon.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

09-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Incognito
Stingbee

: Nov 2003
: England
: 93
Incognito  (10)

:
I think Christopher Lee and Tim Curry could do excellent jobs as sinister beings of some sort, and Tony Shaloub (Of Monk fame) might make a good mudokon.
Tim Curry would make an excellant VA for an oddworld character.

Keith David- a brilliant Voice actor- could do Stranger superbly. For that matter with his range I'm sure he could do any deep voiced character Oddworld cranks out.

I second the Tom Kenny Mudokon
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
"HIRE SOME PROFESSIONALS, YOU NINNY!"
GASP! Sacrilege! I think he would do a better job on the movie, though I do know where you're coming from.

Oh, and great choices for voice talents, I agree with all of them.

I think Dan Castellaneta could also do a good slig (basically Krusty the clown to the extreme).