LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
LOL Ambi!

Thanks Ambi!

LOL! Now I do feel a twerp, no problems though. Cause plants have proteins, what a dufus thing so say (me, not you). Yeh, maybe I was thinking of something else...oh well. *shrug* Thanks for clearin' that up.

Sorry for being off topic...

I find LaserQuest to be fun (never done paintballin') and it's safer fer little kids, but beileve me, it can get brutal...specially when yer up against a pack of kids...kinda like Paramites actually...

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 08-16-2005 at 10:34 AM..
08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

^^, I don't mean to go off topic, but not only is sport hunting breaking down nature, but so is the insessant tree logging in the rainforets. Jesus, it's like we're slowly comitting suicide. Once the Rainforests are gone, 1/4 of our oxygen goes down the drain. And lets not forget the Old Growths, which have been rooted since the days of Troy, act as a home for a few rare species, and link to the local environment itself.

:
Isn't the point of hiking to see nature and whatnot? How can you consider something living in its own habitat to be a pest when it's the humans being the intruders? If you're going to hike in a mountainou region, then natural hazards known to the area should be expected.
Yes, I love hiking, and I see much more pleasure in seeoing nature for what it is rather than killing its fauna.

08-17-2005, 08:08 AM
supermonkey801
Zappfly

: in a box of fruit snacks
: 9
supermonkey801  (3)

well meat is a must have so people have to hunt it however i dont want to see the poor animal get killed but i still love meat
08-17-2005, 08:14 AM
soulstice
Howler Punk

: Jan 2005
: Gone.
: 310
soulstice  (10)

Posts with no punctuation read like one long drone. They're terribly annoying. As you're apparently 23, you should know better.

And what do you mean 'people have to hunt it'? Do you think that the meat you buy in the supermarket is hunted? There is no need to hunt meat. You can buy almost anything these days.
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Know What Ya Mean

:
And what do you mean 'people have to hunt it'? Do you think that the meat you buy in the supermarket is hunted? There is no need to hunt meat. You can buy almost anything these days.
Yeh I agree, but someone has to kill it don't they, and the more exotic animals used fer food have to be hunted. But I know what ya mean.

08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Karotch
Zappfly

: Wherever there's grass
: 5
Karotch  (10)

Hunting is just murder minus prosecution unless you use an automatic weapon or bai or if you're outta season. I hunt zombies with bait... I'm illegal and humane!

Available 8-20-05

The End Is Near! Be Prepared!

08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
soulstice
Howler Punk

soulstice  (10)

:
Yeh I agree, but someone has to kill it don't they, and the more exotic animals used fer food have to be hunted. But I know what ya mean.

Then again, eating exotic animals is illegal. People shouldn't eat bush meat and therefore there is no need to hunt it.

Last edited by soulstice; 08-17-2005 at 11:04 AM..
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

I think she's probably referring to animals like deer and such. And she's quite right, unless there are deer farms or something somewhere. But I highly doubt that.

Or maybe I'm totally missing the point of what's being said. Maybe LoboDiabloLoneWolf (that rolls nicely off the tongue, don't it? ) is some kind of panda poacher or something.

EDIT: What is "bush meat"?

Last edited by TheRaisin; 08-17-2005 at 01:49 PM..
08-17-2005, 02:32 PM
soulstice
Howler Punk

soulstice  (10)

:
I think she's probably referring to animals like deer and such. And she's quite right, unless there are deer farms or something somewhere. But I highly doubt that.

Or maybe I'm totally missing the point of what's being said. Maybe LoboDiabloLoneWolf (that rolls nicely off the tongue, don't it? ) is some kind of panda poacher or something.

EDIT: What is "bush meat"?
Deer? Exotic? Somehow I don't think deer are exotic .

Bush meat is the illegal trade in meats that are from protected species. Basically it's a black market in places like South America and Africa where you can buy big cat meat or primate meat.

Actually I am wrong in one area though. Not all exotic meat is illegal. While I was in Kenya, I was shocked to hear that Nile Crocodiles are legally farmed for meat and skins along with Ostrich and Zebra. I thought it kind of defeated the whole 'preservation of amazing Africa' thing.

Last edited by soulstice; 08-17-2005 at 02:36 PM..
08-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
Actually I am wrong in one area though. Not all exotic meat is illegal though. While I was in Kenya, I was shocked to hear that Nile Crocodiles are legally farmed for meat along with Ostrich and Zebra.
Actually, now you mention it, I noticed that a butcher near where I live sells imported Ostrich and Crocodile meat. It's perfectly legal, but it seems kind of wrong or weird in some way to me. But I never go to the butchers anyway, it's a bit olde market town and cockney-like for me.

08-17-2005, 02:40 PM
soulstice
Howler Punk

soulstice  (10)

:
Actually, now you mention it, I noticed that a butcher near where I live sells imported Ostrich and Crocodile meat. It's perfectly legal, but it seems kind of wrong or weird in some way to me. But I never go to the butchers anyway, it's a bit olde market town and cockney-like for me.
Yay! A new location for S&M roleplay!
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Ostriches are raised on farms all over the place in the U.S. And I have yet to try an ostrich burger... or a buffalo burger. Darn. There was a place in Montana that sold them. Why didn't I seize the opportunity? Ahem. Anyway...

I guess my point was that there's really a lot that can't be bought in a supermarket. If you have a taste for deer, or squirrel, or rabbit, or anything like that, you pretty much have two options: hunt for it yourself, or go without. Unless you live in an area where meat from that animal is commercially available, but I've never heard of any place serving or selling stuff like that.

:
Awesome ****in' story, man. That's exactly what it should be like, except the prey should be the bane of humanity instead of the fittest people. That would be totally rockin'.
You don't think fitness gurus and TV football fanatics are the bane of humanity? Man... what's wrong with you? But yeah, I love that story.

Last edited by TheRaisin; 08-17-2005 at 05:27 PM..
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Damn! Here's a description of Ostriche: a combination of chicken and turkey without the dryness of it sometimes. Thats how it tasted for me at least. It's very good though.

What about "weird" animal hunting? Like Guinea pig? I don't know if they hunt it, but in Peru, it's a delicacy among the peoples of the Andes and incan descent. I have had it myself, it has an excellent flavor, but the skin turns to a carapace so it's kinda creepy how you're cracking and cracking.

08-18-2005, 12:36 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Back Again.

:
Then again, eating exotic animals is illegal. People shouldn't eat bush meat and therefore there is no need to hunt it.
No, no I don't mean REALLY exotic, I mean, just like TheRaisin said, deer and whatknot. Sorry for the confusion by 'exotic' I mean meat you can't really buy in the local supermarket...

:
Yeh I was.

:
No, I'm not a panda poacher, I don't think I could hunt personally. How could I shoot critters that are so damn cute? Or really interestin'.

And I've seen Ostrich farms here in the UK as well…

08-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

:
I'm sorry but L. O. L. I know you're not the first to state something like that, so don't feel bad. Where the heck did you people get such an idea? The majority of our proteins in our diet do come from meat, I think, but plants have proteins too! Pay more attention in bio. Proteins are one of the most important structurey things in both kinds of organisms.

Perhaps you were thinking of cholesterol? Plants don't have that.
You're actually wrong, and you're bleating the same argument that all vegans and vegetarians do; that plants contain all the protiens they need.

This is a pipedream. Yes, you can get protiens in the vegetarian diet, but NOWHERE NEAR enough or as much as someone with an omnivorous diet. Beans, a few types of plant, yeah, you'd have to eat so many of those per day to get the RDA of protien, that you'd have to start and end your day eating.

:
Damn! Here's a description of Ostriche: a combination of chicken and turkey without the dryness of it sometimes. Thats how it tasted for me at least. It's very good though.

What about "weird" animal hunting? Like Guinea pig? I don't know if they hunt it, but in Peru, it's a delicacy among the peoples of the Andes and incan descent. I have had it myself, it has an excellent flavor, but the skin turns to a carapace so it's kinda creepy how you're cracking and cracking.
Ostrich is farmed, so is crocodile, so taking them for their meat isn't a problem because they're bred specifically for that purpose. And I agree, Ostrich meat is nice.

Peru, yes, does indeed "farm" guinea pigs. I take it you've had that meal where they basically dig a pit, start a fire, chuck lots of meat and veg on top of it, and then cover it with leaves and bury it? That's one DAMN fine meal. I find it hard to eat meat like that, but what I did eat I liked.

:
Paint ball is so stupid. It basically is the PC alternative to shooting everyone with real guns. Most people who play just play it to make themselves look all macho. I have a better barbaric game, throw someone in a pit, drop in three panthers and a bee hive, dump boiling oil, and spray flesh eating bacteria over their faces. How's THAT for a substitute?
People play paintball because it's fun, not because they want to show off. Show-offs end up getting shot to shit and go home with many a bruse, never to attempt the sport ever again.

:
It's normal chili with squirrel replacing the meat; it still has beans and whatnot.
Chilly Con Squirrel.

:
Meh. That's what paintball is supposed to be like, as opposed to the tiny little enclosure style paintball some people practice, which just involves idiots running around shooting each other and laughing.
Yes, that kind of paintball isn't paintball. REAL paintball is played over a huge area.

:
It's a meat subsitute for vegetarians, don't ask me what's in it 'coz I don't know but it's nice, you can't really taste the difference, except in the sausages, they're not as fatty.

Hope yer question's answered.
Yes you can taste the difference. Quorn tastes nowhere near meat. Someone tried to pimp it at one of my barbeques so to shut them up I grilled some Quorn burgers. And it was awful, there are not words to describe it beyond that.

:
Pchh... I didn't mind the font at all. I out-rank Dino and Rich and you may continue using Comic Sans... because I enjoy spiting the both of them.
I hate you and your unborn fetuses!

Last edited by Dino; 08-18-2005 at 03:50 AM..
08-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

I've been past deer farms in Scotland, and bought venison from Sainsbury's, so it's not THAT unusual and exciting. (I'm sure I've seen rabbit in the freezer section, too.) I think the "not quite so PC"-ness of a lot of exotic meat is why most major chains stopped selling kangaroo and ostrich and what-have you. I did see crocodile on sale in a restauruant I visited recently, though - I think it was Old Orleans? A chain one, anyway.

Sadly, a lot of exotic animals like crocodiles are only tolerated in some countries if they can be useful - a case of "if we can't use it, it's not worth the risk of letting it stay in the area". And it's better to farm them and preserve the species than to simply hunt them and drive them to extinction, I suppose. The idea of eating a guinea-pig is a bit surreal, since a friend of mine just got one, and I can imagine her wanting to eat it, now. :P

I'd dispute that it's much harder to get all your protein from vegetable sources - it's easy to be LAZY and not eat enough VARIED vegetables, (only soy is a complete source of all eight essential amino acids) but so long as you're careful and eat a variety of beans, nuts, seeds, cereals and leafy vegetables you can get all eight essential amino acids from a purely plant-based diet. Generally, combine a legume with a nut or a seed and you get all eight. It's just iron and vitamin B12 that are harder to come by - animal-based iron is in the form of "heme" and can be absorbed, plant-based iron is not (I think it's bound up in chlorophyll, or something?) and can not be absorbed. And of course, plants don't contain cholesterol (although a lot DO contain high levels of fat - like parsnips, apparently. *blech*)

Quorn IS fairly grim, though; unless you disguise the taste with tomato or herbs or something. I vaguely remember having a Quorn burger - minced cardboard shaped into a circle, it seemed like.

08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
soulstice
Howler Punk

soulstice  (10)

:
You're actually wrong, and you're bleating the same argument that all vegans and vegetarians do; that plants contain all the protiens they need.

This is a pipedream. Yes, you can get protiens in the vegetarian diet, but NOWHERE NEAR enough or as much as someone with an omnivorous diet. Beans, a few types of plant, yeah, you'd have to eat so many of those per day to get the RDA of protien, that you'd have to start and end your day eating.
Actually, soya and mushroom textured Tempeh, Tofu and Miso-based foods along with Quorn can easily supply you with the daily RDA. Omnivorous diets far surpass the RDA in the way that vegetarian diets far surpass the starch and glucose RDA. So, when you say 'nowhere near enough' it's untrue, because it does give you enough if eaten enough. Basically though, a vegetarian diet with textured mycoprotein foods can easily provide you with enough protein and can also help children grow to their full potential in the same way meats can.