07-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Dark Oddworld
Fuzzle

: Nov 2004
: wisconson
: 126
Dark Oddworld  (10)
Jak Trilogy

Whats your favorite game in the Jak And Daxter Trilogy? I can't say for myself because I liked all three games about the same. This is what I say about the three games

Jak And Daxter
Most people didn't like this game because it simply colecting things. Plus the game was very easy and getting everything in the game was somewhat easy too. There was very little plot and the final boss was wimpy. Sorry to say I loved this game over Jak 2 and Jak3. There was just something about this that I enjoyed very much. I liked the last boss even though it was wimpy and easy to beat. This game could never beat the game play or storyline of Jak 2 or 3 but I still liked it very much. I can't say its my favorite of the trilogy because I liked Jak 2 and 3 about as much as this one. Heck I wouldn't have even got 2 and 3 if I didn't like the first game. This game was mostly used to get you familar with Jak.

Jak II
I was driven to buy Jak 2 because I loved Jak And Daxter. The changes that happened in the game play were very diffrent from the first game. I was angry at change at first but I soon began to love Jak 2 in a diffrent way from Jak And Daxter. I enjoyed Dark Jak but he got pushed off of the story line after a while and only got mentoned once in awhile when they would talk about Jak getting angry and changing. One of the things I disliked the most was how hard things got. I hate constantly dying and getting forced to redo a whole level and Jak 2 did just that. I mean god they must not know what a check point is! I got very frustraded at some points and some levels got very boring because I constantly had to redo them. I'm more of a RPG player so Jak was harder for me but I soon got better at it. The storyline was great and had a nice plot twist at the end of the game. I thought Haven City was to crowed and too big but I soon began to find my way around. Jak 2 would be my least favorite of the games but it still was a great game!

Jak3

Jak 3 is one of the best games i've played. Other than the terrble ending and the shortness it rocked. Light Jak is my new favorite character! I can't belive they pulled him off with PS2 Graphics! I love the wings they were pulled off wonderfully. I love the new gun upgrades but they made the game a bit too easy. I didn't get as frustraded with Jak3 than 2 and there are finally check points so you don't have to do the whole level over a thousand times. The game felt short and the end sucked horrbley just about every Jak fan hated it! Vegar was a nice villan but he dissapered for half the game and got outmached by Cyber Errol who wasn't that great of a villan in neither 2 or 3. It was also annoying that you never get to fight Cyber Errol face on you just get to fight the Dark Makers he sends at you. You do get to blow up bombs on him but thats about it. You also don't get to fight Vegar head on which is rather annoying too. Vegar deserves to get an ass kicking but you never get to truely fight him which is annoying! On the other hand Jak3 has the best storyline of the three game or at least I think it has the best storyline of the three.

I like all three Jak games just about the same this is the order from my favorite to least favorite.

1. Jak3
2. Jak And Daxter
3. Jak 2

Saddly I don't like the next Jak games that are coming out. Jak X is a racing game and I suck horrbley at racing games and a game called Daxter is coming out on PSP which I don't have a PSP and I don't plan on getting one neather.

I hope Jak doesn't end up with the same fate as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon. I'm going to miss those games....

MAN'S MYSTERY Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss. This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?

From the book Spirit Of Daedra...The Elder Scrolls Three: Morrwind

07-18-2005, 10:48 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

I, personally, think Jak and Daxter:The Precursor Legacy is the best because it's just a lot of fun to play, but Jak II has a very intriguing story-line that will hook the gamer's interest. I haven't played Jak III, though, so I could change my mind about everything that I just said.

07-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Jak3 was much better. I had an awesome time playing.

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I really enjoyed the entire series. Jak 2 has so far been my favourite of the three, as I haven't played more than a few hours on Jak 3 as of yet (I know, I know, I should be shot for being so lazy).

I think Jak X Racing will be awesome. I really enjoyed Crash Team Racing, so I can see good things with Jak X. I just really, really, hate the name of the game.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

07-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Myuh! Although I haven't played Jak 3, I think that Jak II is the best by far. I have played for ages on Jak II. The graphics are amazing, and eventhough I guessed the whole storyline by the 2nd movie, it's still a great storyline.

I wish more games'd have hoverboards. But, I love Krew.

Jak rocks, eh?

- Rexy

07-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Dark Oddworld
Fuzzle

Dark Oddworld  (10)

:
Myuh! Although I haven't played Jak 3, I think that Jak II is the best by far. I have played for ages on Jak II. The graphics are amazing, and eventhough I guessed the whole storyline by the 2nd movie, it's still a great storyline.

I wish more games'd have hoverboards. But, I love Krew.

Jak rocks, eh?

- Rexy
Can't say much about you likeing Krew because I love Samos and thats just as bad!

*Hugs Samos plushy*

MAN'S MYSTERY Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss. This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?

07-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

The Jak series were on my wanted list, but I don't have a PS2 .

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

:
I really enjoyed the entire series. Jak 2 has so far been my favourite of the three, as I haven't played more than a few hours on Jak 3 as of yet (I know, I know, I should be shot for being so lazy).

I think Jak X Racing will be awesome. I really enjoyed Crash Team Racing, so I can see good things with Jak X. I just really, really, hate the name of the game.

Alcar...
Yeah, I hate the name of the racing one, too. It just seems to lack thought or originality. :S But it still looks like it'll be fun to play, nonetheless.

07-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Dark Oddworld
Fuzzle

Dark Oddworld  (10)

:
Yeah, I hate the name of the racing one, too. It just seems to lack thought or originality. :S But it still looks like it'll be fun to play, nonetheless.
I think they should have saved that title for a diffrent jak game I won't be getting it because a hate most racing games and I suck at them. As you can tell I had a hard time with any of the in Jak 2 and 3.

07-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

I've only played Jak & Daxter. I havn't even seen anythung of the others, not a trailer, screenshots or anything.