Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

04-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)
The Reluctant Outlaw

ODDWORLD: Stranger's Wrath
The Reluctant Outlaw

A fanfiction by Matthew Seeger

Chapter One
Birdington’s Ripe for Plucking

(Part one)

It was quiet out. The sun had just set and the Zapflies were chirping and buzzing about, leaving an electric trail where they flew. A group of Outlaw Shooters and two Cutters “herded” me towards town.

“The town of Birdington,” said Chains, so named for the chains around his arm. “This here’s where we start looting.”

Chains pointed to a small house with a sign that said, “If you were here, you’d be home.” Quaint, but unfortunately, quaintness is a concept lost on the Outlaw scum.

My brow was sweating. I didn’t want to do this, but unfortunately if I didn’t, I knew I would get worse back at the hideout. I shuddered at the memory of what Bailey did to the last traitor.

Chains motioned to a Cutter and three Shooters to go around back of the quaint little home.

“You,” he looked at me and squinted, “stay here with us until Fred and the others get back.”

“My name is not ‘You,’” I said, trying to sound brave. “It’s Pugsley.”

“Yer name is Mud unless Boss says otherwise,” he snapped at me. “Now shaddap and hide. Someone might see you.”

I scowled, but did what I was told. “Boss” wanted complete and total compliance, and I was to do as Chains said. Or else.

We sat and waited behind a pile of wet, rotting lumber for nearly ten minutes. There was some clanging, followed by some “shh!”-ing at about the six-minute mark, but fortunately none of the lights in the home turned on. Frank and the three Shooters ran out with a handful of jewelry.

Chains looked disappointed. “This is all ya got?” He asked.

Frank looked down at his toes and kicked some dirt around shamefully. “This is all the guy had.”

“Ya better hope to get a good haul in the next house.” Chains threatened Frank with the barrel of his gun.

“I…I will! I promise!” Frank stammered.

“Good,” he said. “Let’s move out. We have a long night ahead of us.”

Three other houses went by in that same fashion. Then Chains decided to let me go into the fifth house.

I hated the thought of looting some poor sap’s home.

“I’d really rather not…” I said.

“Fine,” Chains said. “I’ll just tell boss that you didn’t pull your own weight tonight, and we can just…”

“No, no!” I said quickly, “I’ll…I'll go. Who do you want me to take?”

“Barry, Billy-Bob,” he motioned for two Shooters. “Get in there with ‘im.”

“Yew got it, boss.” Said Barry.

“Aw, come on. You’re sending me in with Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dumber? That’s bull--”

“Move it!” Yelled Chains.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-20-2005 at 11:07 PM.. : Editing text and text format, added cast.
04-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Nice story Dipstikk.I want to here more!!!

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Vykker Lady
Fuzzle

: Jan 2005
: Washington State
: 115
Vykker Lady  (58)

sweetness! more please
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

Cool, Dip! Please, write some more yer story is SO GOOD!
04-10-2005, 05:02 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

i like the story dipstikk!

04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
STRANGEGUY
Chippunk

: Apr 2005
: L.A
: 24
STRANGEGUY  (10)

nice story me want more yesss more
i was wondering maybe there should be a book or something about oddworld
04-10-2005, 06:50 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

do you mean a officail odworld book or a book with every story posted on the forrums? there is already an art book if that is what you mean. it would be great if ever story of the forrums was published into a book, but it would cost money and we could just do it ourselves.

04-10-2005, 10:52 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

This is a cool story, Dippstick. STRANGEGUY, have you ever heard of punctation and grammar? Please use it...
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

04-11-2005, 10:55 AM
STRANGEGUY
Chippunk

: Apr 2005
: L.A
: 24
STRANGEGUY  (10)
my bad

because dipstick told me too

Last edited by STRANGEGUY; 04-11-2005 at 11:58 AM.. : too much bad words
04-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Strangeguy,T-Nex, don't start with a fight in my thread.

Or I'll kill you both.

And Strangeguy, that kind of response to someone is unnaceptable. Play nice, please.

Edit: Thank you, StrangeGuy.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-11-2005 at 06:02 PM..
04-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Chapter 1

Birdington’s Ripe for the Plucking

(Part 2)

Barry led Billy-Bob and I into the home, an unwise decision since the first thing he did when he jacked the door open was stub his toe on the doorstop and yelp in pain.

I put my hand over his mouth to prevent further noise. But it seemed like Barry was prone to it, because he then bumped straight into the kitchen counter and knocked the leg out of a table with a frantic swipe of his foot.

Clang, Bang, Whump and Slam; it seemed like watching dominos. Pans fell to the floor with a defining Clang, almost as if they were swimmers diving into an invisible pool.

The table smashed to the floor, unbalanced on its two remaining legs. It broke in three places. Barry was still flailing in fright like an idiot, smashing into the counter and knocking it over. Who makes this fragile crap anyway?! The counter crashed to the floor with a loud WHUMP.

The last musical note in this catastrophic symphony was of all the pots, pans and silverware in the fallen side of the counter crashing to the floor.

Wonderfully played. Stupid, STUPID Barry. I knew this was a bad idea. They should have sent me in with Jib. Jib’s not…you know…stupid.

A light upstairs flicked on. Perfect. I could hear a Clakker’s voice from up there. That grainy, annoying, squawking voice that made my skin crawl.

“Brrukaw! What th’ hell’s goin’ awn down thar?!” The Clakker’s big feet thumped down the stairway.

Each thump sounded like a heartbeat coming from my chest. I didn’t need this! I didn’t want to get caught! I’m not a felon, I’m a hostage! A puppet in Bailey’s bigger game! Oh, Odd. I can’t get caught red-handed! I need to leave before…

Flash.

A bright light came from what I assumed to be a camera. The click and whirr of mechanical gears confirmed this.

“Ha! I gotchya, ya filthy thief! Now ev’ryone’s gonna know who’s been a-plunderin’ our town,” The Clakker said deviously.

I moved back towards the door. The Clakker shook nervously and stepped back; assuming that I might try something funny, being an Outlaw and all. My eyes were as wide as saucers from the shock.

I was a felon, and now the Clakkerz had a face to go with their perp. I would soon be on all of the Wanted posters. “Look out fer this Outlaw: a wussy and a thief!” They would read.

Not only did I not want to be a thief, but I was now a wanted Outlaw. Bounty hunters would be after me left and right.

Should I attack the Clakker? No, I’m in enough trouble as it is. I did what I thought would be the best option.

I backed out of the house and ran.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-20-2005 at 11:18 PM..
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Chapter 2
A Stranger Comes to Town
(Part One)

Stranger’s boots clicked as he walked slowly into town. He wasn’t in any hurry; Birdington wasn’t going anywhere.

He was a nomad, he moved wherever there were bounties to be had. In the times between, he just went with the wind. Not much mattered to him besides his own agenda.

That wasn’t to say that there wasn’t a faint sense of urgency in his life. The bounties he collected were repaid in Moolah, and Moolah was what he needed for Doc to perform the surgery he so desperately needed on himself. That…alteration of his body that would make him “normal.”

If anyone were to find out Stranger’s secret, it wouldn’t just be a huge blow to his reputation, it would most likely spell his eminent demise.

But the surgery was a long time coming, so he had time to stop and smell the cacti.

The first Clakker he met ran up to greet him. The size difference was very noticeable. The Clakker was barely as high as Stranger’s waist.

“Howdy, partner!” The Clakker said energetically. “Welcome to Birdington! You just passin’ through or do ya have some kinda business to take care of?”

Stranger’s growling undertone made the Clakker uneasy. “I s’ppose you could say that. Ya got any bounties ‘round these parts?”

“Oh, sure,” said the Clakker. “We’ve got quite a few. You must be a Bounty Hunter, then. What’s your moniker?”

Stranger looked up towards the sun, and then slowly back down at the Clakker. “I go by Stranger. Sort of a nickname. People don’t usually pry into my personal life. Not a bad idea, actually.”

The Clakker shifted nervously. He got the hint, no more prying. This guy obviously had some social skill issues.

“Well’p, the Bounty Store is right down th’ way thar. You can check it out if you want some info on th’ jackasses what been botherin’ us.”

Stranger swiped his fingers over the brim of his huge hat. “Thankee kindly.”

The Clakker smiled a huge, beaky grin. “No problem, uh… Stranger.” Then he added softly, “Weirdo.”

Stranger had overheard the side comment, and turned back to face the Clakker. He slowly moved towards the bird, who was beginning to regret his last comment.

“What was that?” Stranger growled.

“What? Nothin’! I was just…uh…” The Clakker searched frantically for an excuse.

Stranger grabbed the bird by the front of his red overalls and lifted him to eye level with incredible ease. The Clakker swallowed a lump in his throat.

Stranger’s voice was so low yet so menacing that it literally made the Clakker pee himself. “Yer just lucky I ain’t into fightin’ weaklings like yerself. You’d be on th’ ground in a heartbeat.”

Stranger dropped the Clakker, who landed on his ass with a thump.

“You ain’t worth my time,” he said. “Oh, and ya might want to get a clean pair-a pants.”

The Clakker got up and ran as fast as he could, crying and whimpering.

With the greetings out of the way, it was time to head to that bounty store.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-20-2005 at 11:06 PM..
04-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Huzzah! Something that's more about bounties. What's with the urinating fixation? It amuses the might Morbo immensley. Keep it up! And don't icks-ney on the issing-pey.

Oh, and ya might want to get a clean pair-a pants.

04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

BUT omG Peiing is teh hawt!!!!!

How many times did he pees? I could have sworn there was just the Clakker.

AFK, the Outlaw. I will change as to not raise suspicion about my HOT PEEING SEX FANTASIES omg.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-12-2005 at 07:07 PM..
04-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Chapter 2
A Stranger Comes to Town
(Part 2)

“Welcome to th’ Bounty Store!” the Clakker behind the desk said with that old Southern Mudos hospitality. Stranger walked in casually, enjoying the sight and smell of fresh “Wanted” posters with the Outlaw’s ugly mugs in the middle of the page.

“You lookin’ fer a map or are ya here on o-fficial business?” The Clakker inquired.

“I’m here fer th’ hunt,” Stranger replied. “Let’s see what ya got.”

A Clakker brought up a small stack of photocopied Wanted posters, each just like the ones printed on the parchments on the wall of the entrance. The bird also brought out a checklist and a clipboard with each of the bounty’s names on it.

The Clakker read from the list.

“Jones McHobbler, wanted fer jackin’ food from the grocery st—“

“No,” Stranger interrupted. “Too scrawny. Not my type of fight.”

“All right,” the Clakker said. “Next one is Boomba Jimmison, wanted fer knockin’ down our ScareClakkerz in th’ fields—“

“Ya call that a crime? Pick ‘em up yerself an’ stop bein’ wussies about it. ‘Sides, he’s tiny. It’ll feel like beatin’ on a kid,” Stranger replied.

“Ginny Granglestien, wanted for pickin’ our oppel trees clean.”

“They’s trees. Ya can’t own a tree!” Stranger almost lost it, but he caught himself and applied his poker face. “Just…what else ya got? These’re losers!”

The Clakker sighed. “Well’p, I was gonna save this one for later, but if you want the big guns, I’ll get ‘em for ya.”

“’Bout friggin’ time,” said Stranger, who had his hand over his face in frustration.

“Bailey ‘Tiny’ Markowitz,” the Clakker said as he brought out a page featuring a particularly ugly Outlaw. “Now we’ve had this guy fer quite some time. Reports say he’s wanted fer murder, but we ain’t seen him more-‘n once since th’ report was filed. It was a few months ago, but some hikers done say they see him headin’ up the ol’ Beakly Bridge to th’ mountains.”

“Hm. Yeah, sounds like a good one,” Stranger said. “Might try t’ go after him later. What’s it pay?”

“I do believe its $8,000 Moolah alive and $1,000 dead,” answered the Clakker.

“Lemme see what else ya got before I go,” said Stranger.

“Well, we have a new one, just came in yesterday,” the Clakker said as he pulled out a sheet with a really crude photo on it. “Guy who took th’ picture says th’ Outlaw jus’ backed outta his home with no problems.”

The photo may have been crude, but the image of the Outlaw was clear enough. The guy was tall, and looked kind of like Blisterz and his brother Boilz from a month ago. The Outlaw was surprisingly well dressed, with a hat, coat, and a cane in his right hand.

“Yep, nobody’s got a name for ‘em, but we sure as hell got us a face. Guy’s been lootin’ our town clean fer th’ last few months. I’d be careful, though. Th’ photographer says that th’ summabitch was tall.”

“They usually is,” said Stranger as he put the bounty poster in his vest. “I’ll take ‘em. What’s th’ payout on ‘em?”

“Nine grand alive, four grand dead,” said the Clakker.

“That’ll work, thanks.” Stranger said as he walked towards the door. He slid his fingers across his hat as a “goodbye” gesture.

Stranger had fought a lot of Outlaws, but this one seemed…different. He was drawn to it not because of the payout, but because he felt like he should meet this guy. The bounty didn’t look like the dastardly type, he looked like a complete wimp.

There had to be more to this one than met the eye.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-20-2005 at 10:30 PM..
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Chapter 3
Big, Bad Bailey

The trip back up the mountain was a step above a pain in the ass. My sandal broke and I was walking unevenly up uneven land. I had thorns in my feet from when we had to hike through the woods to get to Beakly Bridge.

Chains was pissed at me. I was the gang’s secret weapon, and I had my face on a wanted poster. Bad for the gang, even worse for me. I was the person that the bounty hunters would be hunting.

“Not much further until we reach the plateau! C’mon, you’s mugs!” Chains yelled to the rest of us.

The bridge was fairly new and had once provided a way for Clakker tourists to visit the mountains. Now they’ve been commandeered by the Outlaws as a hideout. Until this day, nobody knew about the hideout. There were suspicions when Clakkerz never returned from their hikes, but not a soul ever wondered what was really going on. Now there would be searches for the Clakkerz that never returned to Birdington.

Of course, the gang knew that all they would find would be corpses.

The hideout was nestled in an old Clakker ranger station that was “seized” when the gang arrived. We passed what I still saw as a gruesome sight. The corpses of trespassers and people that disappointed Bailey (Clakker and Outlaw alike), skewered with pole lances which were planted where the victim stood. White, chalky bones glistened in the sun, picked clean by birds of prey. It was horrid what the gang did to people they despised.

I saw a patch of land near the entrance. That would be where I would go. I tried to imagine Bailey stabbing me from my head, straight to the ground. My bones still hanging there a month later, as white as the ones we passed.

I was doomed to die at the hands of the gang’s boss.

Chains pushed me into the building. The ceiling was completely gone in most of the rooms, due to the Mortar Outlaws having fun with the place.

I stared at him. Bailey “Tiny” Markowitz, one of the biggest Outlaws you’d ever see. People say he’s almost as tall as that guy Elboze Freely that was in the paper recently. He used to be a shrimp of an Outlaw, smaller than Chains even. That was where he got the name “Tiny.” But then, in a twist of fate, or irony, or whatever you want to call it, Bailey had a growth spurt. This was the mother of all growth spurts. He shot up so tall that his head almost reached where the ceiling used to be. As far as I could tell, that was nearly fourteen feet. Bigger than all of us.

Bailey thought highly of himself. He even had a “throne” made out of old crates that he’d sit in when there was nothing for him to do. Which meant, having minions at his beck-and-call, that he didn’t have to do much.

He saw us coming in, and greeted us with incredible calmness. And considering the circumstances, calmness made us all uneasy.

“We-he-hell! If it ain’t mah favorite hostage, come back with a couple-a escourts. How went the trip?” His voice boomed.

We all knew that he knew how the trip went. The nervousness inside of me crept up my back.

“Oh, wait. I think I did hear a little about it,” he said. “Why don’t you come on over, Pugs. Let’s chat.”

I nodded nervously and slowly approached him.

“If you don’t have the purdiest photo face, I don’t know who does,” he said. “Go on, ask me where I see’d ya!”

I knew that if I didn’t say anything, it would make him mad. His calm, collected tone was betrayed by a very violent eye twitch. “Wh-where did you s-see me today, s-sir?”

“Jerry brought me this little trinket from y’all’s visit to Birdington. This here’s your picture on the front of a Wanted poster!”

His voice was so loud that it shook the walls. I was in deep shit.

“I can explain! The Clakker caught me by surprise! I-It was all Barry and Billy-Bob’s fault! They made all of the noise,” I pleaded.

“I don’t want excuses! Because of this, them Odd-damn featherheads is gonna be comin’ up here lookin’ for ya! Every single Bounty Hunter’ll want a piece of ya! Then they’ll come after me!! RAAGH!!”

His fist clenched and quivered. He smashed a crate with one giant forearm. I fell to the floor and back-crawled away from him, hoping to Odd that I wasn’t the next thing he’d use to quell his fury.

Instead, his face went from a clenched grimace to a curled up smile.

“You know what happened to Jackie? He was one of our best snipers. Been part of our group for a while before you got here. Guy could shoot the pupil off of a Thudslug from fifty yards away.”

Funny thing happened to him, though. Somethin’ got in his head that things ‘round here weren’t bein’ run fairly. So he decides he wants to try and take me on. Long story short, guy met an unfortunate death by getting too close to a fan.” he pointed to a rusty old fan on the wall, the blade red with dried blood, and chuckled knowingly.

“And Jeff didn’t like how things was run around here neither, said somethin’ ‘bout me bein’ too…violent? Ah, whatever. Anyway, poor old Jeff found himself getting’ acquainted with his own insides, if you know what I’m saying. Me? Violent? Ain’t that a hoot?”

The Execution Speech. Bailey does it just before they go on one of the pikes outside. I knew Jeff, and I heard the same speech being given to him before he disappeared. And now it would happen to me. I wondered what kind of carving knife he would use…

“But we’s gonna do things a little different this time.” he proclaimed. “Pugs,
get outta my gang.”

“W…what?” I stammered, surprised to still be alive after his speech and not quite understanding what I was hearing.

“You. You’re gone. Outta my hideout. I ain’t gonna soil my hands on yer hide,” he said, calmed down. “Go.”

“But I…” I started, but then I reconsidered my questions and decided to take his advice.

“Hey, wait. Terms of the agreement ain’t been discussed yet.” He said as I was leaving.

As much as I hated the way he said that, it was better to agree to something and have my freedom than to be killed, which I was sure he’d do if I refused. I stopped and turned.

“Nowhere over that way,” he motioned to the entire region of Birdington, and the forests around it. “No, you head that way, towards the desert. You even think of returning to the forbidden zones, I’ll have snipers in the woods ready to shoot yer head off.”

Whatever, Tiny, as long as I can go. “No problem,” I said.

“Go.” he pointed towards a barren place visible from the mountains.

I did as I was told. Finally.

…Freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~<([V])>~~~~~~~~~~

But freedom was not so easily had, because after Pugsley was gone, Bailey had a discussion with a few of his best men.

“Okay, listen up and listen good,” he said to about seven shooters, two flame-throwers and five cutters. “I want you to go out there, follow that butt-stain, an' make damn sure I never hear from his lousy, blunderin’ ass again.”

“But boss,” a shooter said. “You just let him go.”

“I don’t care what I done said a minute ago. Do what I’s sayin’ now. I don’t want him makin’ trouble for us with that bounty slapped on his head. That bastard’ll lead those Clakkerz right to us.”

“Consider him char-broiled, boss.” A Flamer saluted Bailey and motioned for the team to follow in Pugsey’s direction.

~~~~~~~~~~<([V])>~~~~~~~~~~

And there I was. Free as a bird. Off to make a new life for myself in some other region as a law-abiding Outlaw. I loved the timber of that.

I followed a gravel road down the mountain, which would take me to Canyon Pass. Not suprisingly, Canyon pass was so-named because it's just that: a canyon with a road that rests at the base. It was a way for Clakkerz to send and deliver supplies between the four surrounding towns, including Birdington, via wagon train caravans.

There was a map of the area that we would consult before preforming heists, and if I could remember correctly, this road leads to a wide savanna, then to another canyon on the other side with an artificial rise at the end, created by the Clakkerz to provide a quicker route to the town. Just past the rise, maybe about seven miles past it, was the town of Sanderson Flats. That was where I needed to go.

With my destination set, I trudged foreword, hoping to get a warm reception in the town of Sanderson Flats.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 08-13-2005 at 01:10 AM..
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Vykker Lady
Fuzzle

: Washington State
: 115
Vykker Lady  (58)

awww...i love Pugsley! good job, dipstikk..more please!
04-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

Man, Dipstikk, this is really well-written. Very entertaining.

04-15-2005, 01:51 AM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2004
: Perth, Australia
: 481
The Marching Mudokon  (10)

That's a great story, Dipstikk! You are a pretty goood author, why don't you write more often?

04-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

The short answer is that I never get inspired. The "Create a Bounty" thread helped a lot, so kudos on whoever started that.

I also plan on doing one invilving the Clobbsters, giant, Russian-accented crustaceans.
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showpo...8&postcount=15

04-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Five

: Jul 2003
: Poland
: 65
Five  (10)

You are as great at writing as you're at drawing, Dipstikk! It's really well-written, the dialogues sounds very realistic (dialogues are the hardest thing to do as my friend, who is an author, says)...I miss reading fanfiction like this one
You just can't dislike Pugsley, really- he's such a cute guy in his own odd way...and Tiny is so evil....
I'm looking forward to read another chapter
04-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
You are as great at writing as you're at drawing, Dipstikk! It's really well-written, the dialogues sounds very realistic (dialogues are the hardest thing to do as my friend, who is an author, says)...I miss reading fanfiction like this one
You just can't dislike Pugsley, really- he's such a cute guy in his own odd way...and Tiny is so evil....
I'm looking forward to read another chapter
Thank you so much, Five! (SHould I referr to you as Five or Riftryu?)

Anyway, Pugs is another character who's is strong physically, but his emotional side and intelligence prevents him from wanting to fight. He becomes in tune with his physical strength and learns that he must use it to survive when he meets up with...

...The Stranger.
Dun dun dunnn.

Oh, and about Bailey (since he wad mentioned). He's just ****ing insane.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-18-2005 at 08:00 AM..
04-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Five

: Jul 2003
: Poland
: 65
Five  (10)

:
Anyway, Pugs is another character who's strength is strong and he himself is strong physically, but his emotional strength leaks out very seldomly. He becomes in tune with his physical and emotional strength when he meets up with...

...The Stranger.
Dun dun dunnn.
A spoiler! *bites*
Yeah, Bailey is insane, but it's funny in some places.
“If you don’t have the purdiest photo face, I don’t know who does,”- I really like that line

And you can call me whatever you want, I don't really mind- Riftryu is as good as Five for me (though Five is my character's 'name')
04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Zev Zamzi
Zappfly

: Feb 2005
: California
: 14
Zev Zamzi  (10)
Happy Huzzah!

I hope ya don't mind if I post this here Dipstikk! I like yer fic so much that I just had to do this for ya ^^
(Its too large to attach so I gotta link to it ^^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17340247/

Please keep writting! ^^
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

You are so sweet, thank you.

04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Edit: Deleted the chapter in this post, and re-posted the finished chapter in a reply to bump the thread to the top.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-25-2005 at 08:55 AM.. : Explained in post
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Leto
Not Leto

Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

This is teh cool. With some chapter images too! omg omg but supa munch wants more teh peeing!1!@

This rules. Continue writing, and we will shout you all the cookies of the rainbow!

04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Chapter 4
Weapons of Choice

Stranger walked towards the gate at the far end of town. Almost each town that Stranger had been to had a gate of some kind. The reason behind this was simple: the Clakkerz that resided in the town were all cowards.

The gatekeeper was up in a security tower, watching closed-circuit television. Stranger could hear the laugh track on the show as he climbed up the ladder to the top of the security tower.

The Clakker, absorbed in the show he was watching, didn’t hear Stranger coming up behind him.

“Howdy,” Stranger said. The Clakker literally fell to the floor, screaming in terror.

“Brukaw! I’m sorry, sir! I’ll get back to work! Whoa, wait a gol-danged minute, you ain’t my boss!” the Clakker thrust his wing in the direction of the door. “Get outta here, ya mangey, flea-bitten—HOIK!”

Stranger grabbed the Clakker by the neck. “Open the gate so’s I can capture that Outlaw,” he growled. “You got’s three seconds.”

Stranger dropped the bird. The Clakker whimpered and scrambled to the control panel, pushing a few buttons and pulling a lever.

Stranger saw that the Clakker had a lunch platter on his desk. Stranger put some of the meat in his pack. He would need it later.

The huge gate slowly slid open down below the tower. “Good choice, feather-head.” Stranger climbed back down the tower.

A Clakker with a nametag called to the one in the tower. “Hey, Willy! Did ya find that Bounty Hunter yet? He needed that gate open.”

“Well, um… he found me.” The Clakker in the security tower said.

Stranger walked out of town. The trail was actually at the base of a tall canyon leading to a wide savanna. He picked up a rock. It was time to hunt.

This hunt, however, wasn’t focused on the Outlaw (at least, not yet), but for Stranger’s ammunition. His weapon of choice was a wrist-mounted, double-barreled, semi-automatic, retractable crossbow. He hated guns, the smell of gunpowder made his stomach turn.

But Stranger didn’t use arrows or bullets (though the thought that those might be more useful choices had crossed his mind). In place of them, he used (of all things) small animals with different volatile abilities. He humorously referred to these as “Live Ammo.”

Stranger had a mental checklist of each animal. Chippunks, Bolamites, and Fuzzles in case the bounty got out of hand. That was all he needed for now.

Stranger found a nest of Chippunks, each of the rodents chattering away at each other. Chippunks were one of the few animals that were blessed with the gift of gab. Unfortunately, they used this gift to yell profanities and insults at passer-bys.

“Yo, man. I’d watch out if I were you,” a Chippunk said to another. “There’s some douchebag with a rock and it looks like he’s going to—YOWCH! Son of a b—ugh...”

Stranger hated people who spoiled the stealth approach. He knocked out the one who was warning the other, who passed out.

The Chippunk was stunned, but unharmed. Stranger scooped up the tiny, fat, legless rodent into his hand and dropped it into his ammo bag.

Bolamites wove huge, messy webs all over the place. Stranger didn’t have to go far to find a lamp post covered with the sticky, cottony thread. And lo and behold, there were Bolamites skittering all around the webs.

Stranger picked up another rock, placed it on the crossbow’s launcher and fired. The blue, four-legged arachnid squeaked and passed out.

Stranger used the Bolas because they wrap whatever frightens them into a tightly wound web. This defensive mechanism was exactly what Stranger needed to tie up unruly Outlaws.

The last of the critters was called a Fuzzle, a particularly dangerous animal to catch. These ornery critters were small, limbless creatures with a fuzzy coat and big, orange eyes. Cute, until you notice the bloodthirsty grin housing huge, flesh-ripping fangs. Fuzzles were notorious for being ravenous carnivores.

Stranger wasn’t going to raid a Fuzzle nest. If the Fuzzles didn’t do him in, the rotting stench of their nests (made from the spare meat of past kills) would. Stranger, who was at least fifteen to twenty feet from the nest, took a great handful of rocks and took out his binoculars.

With his crossbow leveled in the view of his binoculars, he placed a rock on the launcher and fired, hitting a Fuzzle. It grunted and lopped to one side, stunned. Using the same tactic, he took out five more.

Now came the tricky part. He took the meat he stole from the Clakker’s lunch and tossed it past the nest. The Fuzzles watched the meat and quickly followed it to where it landed.

Stranger got up, scooped up the six unconscious Fuzzles and dropped them in his satchel with the other ammo. He then bolted out of the vicinity as fast as he could.

With the actual ammo captured, it was time for a little target practice.

He raised his crossbow, leveled it towards a twig stuck in the canyon wall. He picked up two rocks, placed them on the launcher, and shot the left rock directly at the twig. The rock’s impact jarred the twig loose and it fell. Stranger bolted towards the twig and caught it in midair. He tossed it to the right, making the twig spin away. He then aimed the rock (while still in the air!) and shot. The twig broke in half, its spinning ceased and it fell.

Stranger fell to the ground, holding out the arm with his crossbow and balancing on his other three limbs. The twigs hit the ground and bounced, then rested.

Stranger grinned. It was a shame there wasn’t a crowd around to see that. If you’re that good, it’s okay to show off.

Stranger rose from his tripod landing and looked down the trail. There was a savanna just past where the canyon widened out. Stranger squinted and thought he could make out a fairly large figure in the distance.

He picked up his binoculars and took a closer look. The figure was an Outlaw, the kind that looked like Blisterz Booty and his brother Boilz. The figure was a dark blue color and wore a bowler hat. Stranger looked at the Wanted poster. The Outlaw in the photo matched the Outlaw trudging down into the savanna.

He looked very tired and worn out by the heat and elements. But the Outlaw was still very large and could deal a lot of damage if taken head-on at this point. As much as Stranger loved confrontations, the best thing to do would be to follow, and wait for the heat to tenderize the Outlaw a little bit more.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-20-2005 at 10:33 PM..
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Leto
Not Leto

OoOh, Outlaw conflict... I love how oyu described how Strangewr catches his ammo. Many other peoples would just say 'and he caught teh fussle with the rock in bag now he run'. Very nice touch...

Keep going...

04-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Mad

Yeah, I try. I TRY!

It seems like when I try, I get squat (save for you's guys, I love you all to death for supporting me). Someone types up a huge block of text, doesn't bother to spell check it, paragraph it, or anything to make it look proper. Most of said fics don't even have a plot!

...They get five million comments on how great they did.

Meanwhile, I'm doin' this crap as well as I can, I have done the spell checking and the paragraphing, and I even add illustrations from time to time. I find my fic drifting to the second page. I have to ASK people to please read and comment on it, for cryin' out loud!

But no, I'm not bitter or ANYTHING LIKE THAT...