02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
dstevens
Zappfly

: Feb 2005
: somewhere in here
: 5
dstevens  (10)
help at wolvark docks

I'm on the wolvark docks level in stranger's wrath and have not yet met up with the rebel leader, name is escaping me, but as I'm moving upstream in the boat I come to a point where the river's current won't let me proceed. Have I passed something? Missed something? Done something wrong?
This spot is right after the second lock, or river door, whatever it's called.
I'm not looking for a hint or a spoiler, just some advice on if I've done something wrong, (most likely) missed something, (also likely) or something wrong with the game (least likely)
DS
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

: Nov 2003
: Maryland/South Carolina
: 307
The Shadowman  (10)

Are you talking about the river gate where you have to climb the rope that takes you up to the peice of land next to the gate? There would be a rope haning from the peice of land that sits to the right of the gate (if you are facing it). Take your boat uder it and jump onto the rope and climb up it.

02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

Sounds like your games messed up. You should be able to proceed down river without any problems. Give more information on the problem and I might be able to help.
02-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Volsung
Boombat

: Mar 2004
: At the margins
: 212
Volsung  (33)

There is a strong river current when you're going down the river. However, when I played, it just pushed me from one side to the other. I would suggest trying to go up closer to the banks. But again, the current I encountered didn't seem to keep me out.
02-08-2005, 01:47 PM
dstevens
Zappfly

dstevens  (10)

It's the second gate, no rope, and if you continue up river just a couple of feet, the river curves to the left and a very strong current is flowing and pushes me to the bank stopping all progress upstream.
Were you able to take the boat upstream or did you swim up?
With the boat, if I hug the left bank as I am looking upstream, as soon as I hit the curve I get pushed sideways and then downstream. If I hug the right bank, I can't even make it to the curve, I just get pushed to where the river bank comes to what looks like a beach. No sand, but you can wade in and out of the water.
If the game is messed up, what are my options? other than a hammer.
02-08-2005, 01:49 PM
dstevens
Zappfly

dstevens  (10)

Sorry I mistook what you meant about the rope. I found that rope. But it's up above that gate where I am encountering the problem.
02-08-2005, 06:37 PM
dstevens
Zappfly

dstevens  (10)

okay, tried again, this time trying as hard as I can to hug the banks, but no luck.
Any further ideas?
02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
dstevens
Zappfly

dstevens  (10)

ok, my fault. You can not swim upstream. You cannot paddle upstream....In first person view. You have to be in third person view. Doh!
02-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Mudokon Princess

: Nov 2004
: America
: 153
Mudokon Princess  (10)

good that you found that out!

can we say "quadruple" post?
02-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2005
: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

:
ok, my fault. You can not swim upstream. You cannot paddle upstream....In first person view. You have to be in third person view. Doh!

Ahahahahahahahaha!

That's funny.

02-14-2005, 05:35 PM
dingbat
Zappfly

: missouri
: 1
dingbat  (10)
Up the river without a paddle in Stranger's Wrath

:
It's the second gate, no rope, and if you continue up river just a couple of feet, the river curves to the left and a very strong current is flowing and pushes me to the bank stopping all progress upstream.
Were you able to take the boat upstream or did you swim up?
With the boat, if I hug the left bank as I am looking upstream, as soon as I hit the curve I get pushed sideways and then downstream. If I hug the right bank, I can't even make it to the curve, I just get pushed to where the river bank comes to what looks like a beach. No sand, but you can wade in and out of the water.
If the game is messed up, what are my options? other than a hammer.
Problem #1: I neglected to take my boat with me past the second gate. When I returned to get it, the gate was closed and would not let me open it up again to get my boat throught it.

Problem #2: When I get to the same river bend as you mentioned, the current is much too swift for me to advance any farther upstream. I (and my girlfriend) wandered around there for a long time and couldn't find any other passage.

Can someone tell me if I messed up or if this is a bug in the game?
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Voodoo Hand
Sniper Wasp

: Not from around here
: 290
Voodoo Hand  (190)Voodoo Hand  (190)

Sounds like your title is right on, up the creek. i can say that the boat will come in handy
later on, so next time don`t leave it.
The Captain always goes down with the ship.
Next time you are out in a boat with girlfriend, take a picnic lunch ,at least you will have sonething to do if you get stranded.

02-21-2005, 05:46 AM
ianindiana
Zappfly

: everywhere
: 2
ianindiana  (10)
Me Too

I, too, am very stuck at Wolvark docks. I have the boat, and have also sunk all of the "barge" things. I have captured/killed everything. I cannot swim past the swift current on one end, and, the other end is blocked by big boulders/rocks. I cannot "open" the locks/gates in order to get the boat through. I go up to the top of the lock/gate and the try and push the green button to (probably) open the gate and it won't do anything. I have tried for SEVERAL hours. Please, please help.
02-21-2005, 07:09 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

Press the button and the gate should open. That's the only way to get passed the area. Perhaps you should try loading up a previous save, and start from their.
02-21-2005, 08:00 AM
ianindiana
Zappfly

: everywhere
: 2
ianindiana  (10)

yeah, i've pressed the dang button about a hundred times. i'll try and do another run through....thanks.