01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

: Nov 2003
: Maryland/South Carolina
: 307
The Shadowman  (10)
An Imp's Tale

I have been writing a book for some time called, well you guessed it An Imp's Tale, which is a book that takes the life of an Imp who insults the human race while also telling of some funny stories of events in his life, like one is puting a funny twist on Beowulf.
The imp also goes through Ivanhoe, King Arthurs leagands, the tales of Robinhood, and many more classics, while putting the imp's point of veiw on it which is quite funny. For example the way the imp explains The Battle for Normandy in the 11th centuary is "an unfair battle if you ask me, It was the battle of the dung hurders and the drunkards" and it gets really funny, I plan to publish, and I have already got some low pre-publish offers, but when I am finished I am sure i will make more then a measly $1000 dollor publish offer.
So I can tell you about the story the imp has written (I always say the imp wrote it and I corrected just his grammer) It also includes mystical creatures and such that you would see in most fantsy books, people have told me they learn Medieval history when they are reading it due it it being so funny, thats what people who read it tell me at least. So if you want an excerpt from the book about something or anything in general, a question about the book, a question for the imp go ahead and ask. When you address the imp be sure to refur to him as Min`ow or simply Imp with a captial I.
To anyone who doesn't know what an imp was it is a flying tricky creature, they are red and have horns (due to this some say a imp is a creature from hell but to me it is just another mythical creature that has come to life, it is not from hell nessarly). Go ahead and ask Min`ow will answer what question or compliments you have, here is what he looked like as a child before he had grown his wings and his horns where pointed back

Last edited by The Shadowman; 01-07-2005 at 03:01 PM..
01-07-2005, 02:57 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: Nov 2004
: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

That sounds really interesting! I remember reading Beowulf not too long ago in my English class at school! I've always wondered what it would be like if someone put a funny twist to it! Oh, I've been waiting forever for this moment! I've already learned a bit about Medieval history, but I'm sure that I could learn even more that I never knew about! This should be very interesting and entertaining!

01-08-2005, 07:59 AM
munchou
Fuzzle

: France
: 122
munchou  (10)

Yo, I've just received your pm ^^

I really like the concept !
It's interresting to tackle history from another point of view of another specy. Moreover, I love mysthical creatures, like imps.
You have well chosen its name. "Min'ow" sounds... magic ! (like Hobbits' names).
For now, I don't really have ideas to propose, but I follow you !
Just a question : Will it just be a written story ? or will you post pics with it ? (I vote for the 2nd solution ).

Keep it up, sure it's gonna be fun !

PS : it's not always easy for me to understand your long english text, don't blame me
01-08-2005, 08:11 AM
WiLL the Wander
Spark Stunk

: Jun 2004
: Hungary, Debrecen
: 360
WiLL the Wander  (10)

Fantasy... Imps... I love it. What I say? There will be other mysthical creatures?

01-08-2005, 09:26 AM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

Indead there will be other fantsy like creatures some directly related to the story he is describing like Grendal and other that the Imp incounters along the way. I have got some pretty far into this book (over 200 pages), so I couldn't tell the whole story here(plus I did who would buy the book if they could read it here) but I can give you excerpts from the book or tell you whatever you may want to know about the book. In the book there are a good number of pictures in the book too, some of which I could show you if you want. Thank you all for your feedback

Last edited by The Shadowman; 01-10-2005 at 02:06 PM..
01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)

Sounds cool. I plan to get my books published when I get older.
I'm into the science fiction and fantasy things so I should like this.
01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
munchou
Fuzzle

: France
: 122
munchou  (10)

Shadowman : I don't understand one thing : you plan to sell your book ? I've seen you are making a magazine, and so writing your story, but how old are you ?
Because to publish a book, you need a lot of money. Moolah ? no... dollaaaars ! $$$ haha ^^.
I'd really like to see some of your drawings.
01-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Mudokon Princess

: America
: 153
Mudokon Princess  (10)

Wow, sounds like an interesting book!
01-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I have to say, even though I couldn't be arsed to read all of your big post, that your book sounds like an awesome idea. Keep writing...
01-09-2005, 09:41 AM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

:
Shadowman : I don't understand one thing : you plan to sell your book ? I've seen you are making a magazine, and so writing your story, but how old are you ?
Because to publish a book, you need a lot of money. Moolah ? no... dollaaaars ! $$$ haha ^^.
I'd really like to see some of your drawings.
I am 17 and will be 18 on April. I have realy began to pick up alot of pace on An Imp's Tale since we got new workers for the Magizine. In regards to publishing, yeah you ain't lie'n when you say it takes a lot of money to publish a book, and it is hard to find a publisher who will publish your book if this is your first book.
Your publisher pays you too so they can print your book and they can make money off it. Know thats all fine and dandy, but I still got to pay my own money to try and get this book published. So you get publishers that help these kind of first time writters out. What they do is say, "all right we will publish your book, and you don't pay a dime for anything, but..." they will have you do one of these things
1. Get less money from the publishers
2. They will create a shared income (such as they get 95% of profit)
3. You do promotional stuff and things of that sort, sign book, have it sold in Barnes and Nobles things like that. (this one what most commonly happens)

And I will try and get up some pictures
P.S. Thanks for all your comments everyone, they mean a lot

01-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Odd Trusting
Boombat

: Oddworldian deserts
: 225
Odd Trusting  (10)

Shadowman,
so thats why you where scribbling on that notepad downstairs, and that must be why you brough that Imp of yours along. You know he is really good at poker, I lost $8.50 to him.
In Odd we trust. I am a Mudokon native with a Mudokon chum named Bubba who's taken flight in a 100% natural hot-air balloon to explore Oddworld and tell his findings to us in this Mudokon village were Abe and Alf my pet fuzzle and us Mudokons live.

01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

I should know you had to bum the money off me. I plan to get some execpts from my book here soon, if someone would like to hear parts from the chapter "Good food, good place, GOOD GOD!" they can be posted. The reason I say this chapter is because this one is the chapter I am on, but I am not putting up the whole chapter only fragments from the story

01-10-2005, 01:47 PM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

Sorry for double posting, but does anyone have any requests from the book
(the reason I have a double post is because I accidently posted the same message twice and cannot delete it)

01-10-2005, 02:11 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

I would like to see a part of your chapter! Please post an excerpt of it on here!

01-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Yeah post a bit, i would love to see your writing.
I also want to get a story published when I'm older but I struggle to find a good idea to start from. Any story I've written that I publish (or at least any good one) would need me to pay some company or other, like Oddworld, for permission to use there ideas.
Ah well, I probably will come up with something good of my own some day.

Oh and a question to Min`ow, do you encounter any dragons in your book? Dragons rock!

01-12-2005, 08:06 AM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

Well I will gove you some various execpts. In case you didn't see this one which I posted else where here it is
:
"Know I will tell you what was wrong with Charlamgn's enemies, they had the cream of the crap of weapons, he was fighting guys with a chicken leg in one hand and a wooden sheild in the other, and here comes Charlamgn's troops with there heads up in the air who could spit shine their helmets without leaving strecks, they must have been the only hygenic people in the Middle Ages"
But here is another one from the Beowulf section (chapter 2 of that section)
"This little peice statrs in the wonderfully flithly Dark Ages. Ah, yes the Dark Ages, a time where horses and humans ate the same food, a time when if a rock hit you yet no one was around you wouldn't scream "Phatom of Satin" you would just think it was rock season, a time at which if you saw a lucky black cat you wouldn't just think "I'm going to have good luck", no you would strap the cat to the front of your boot so you would have good luck where ever you roam. Of coarse your chances of getting away alive over the age of 30 where as likely as straping a bomb to a bicycle and trying to blow up the Vatican, but that is beside the point..."

"So he looked to the sky and said "look a hawk" but when Becket the holyman heard this he said "Thats not a hawk, its a hawk created be God, you hertic, you must be burned" And thats the way most of the Spanish Inquistion went..."

"When I first say the so called King Arthur, he riminded me of jolly Santa Claus figure, King Hrothgar, because he Arthur just sat there with that jolly "ho ho ho" face while all the other knights where in a drunken Mardi Gras brawl of drunken orgy and arson"

I see there is a question for Min`ow, alright the following was said by Min`ow in responce the the question:
"Oh, yes Splat there are a good number of dragons, some very fierce while some are quite useless, most people do not know about what really happened with Lancelot and the dragon"

Thank you all for your continual support

01-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Man, thats great. Really funny. "So he looked to the sky and said "look a hawk" but when Becket the holyman heard this he said "Thats not a hawk, its a hawk created be God, you hertic, you must be burned" And thats the way most of the Spanish Inquistion went..." Really made me laugh. Keep going (YAY DRAGONS!!!)

to Min`ow, "how long is the story? If you're not sure compare it with another book."

01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

That was great!! I loved the whole thing with King Hrothgar being compared to Santa Claus! It was funny, yet educational!

01-14-2005, 06:19 AM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

Thank you for your comments, you have been very supportive, your support caused my to write another chapter! There will be more from where that came from! Oh and the question for Min`ow
"Well the book so far is up to 200 hand written pages, but for the total length, it all depends on how much I go on about my life, but to give you a guess about 300 published pages which is about 600 hand written ones"
The book is divides into sections and under them chapters, so there is a section for Beowulf with several chapters in it. "I plan to make a continuation of this book" says Min`ow so I guess that means there are going to be more of these books after the first one. Thank you all again for your dedicated support.

02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
The Shadowman
Howler Punk

The Shadowman  (10)

Well it has been a long time sice I have posted here but there is good news says the Imp, because I have got 3 more chapters done. As usual any questions on the book in general, the new chapters or any of his opinion are still ready to be answered. So fire away