sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)
I GOT THE STRANGER STRAT GUIDE

muahahahahahahaha

I have yet to look into the walkthrough- and I shall not until I finish Stranger.

However, I did look in the character descriptions in the beginning of the book and found some pretty interesting stuff....

SHORT INTRO TO STRANGER'S STORY ON FIRST PAGE:

Oddworld is no place for the weak and mild. It is a lawless land where criminals and outlaws seem to run the show. It's a place where the powerful exploit both the land and the weak for their own personal wealth while everyone else must suffer.

Home of the Grubb natives, the area is not controlled by Sekto and his Wolvark crew. They took the Grubb's water and the fish they used to eat, by damming up the river. Furthermore, without their powerful Steef guardian to protect them and their land, the Grubbs are defenseless. They do what they can to get by, but if something doesn't happen soon, there is little hope for survival.

The Clakkerz also live in this land, but they have it easier than the Grubbs. They have found a way to set up towns in the barren lands They survive and almost do well, but they too are not really in control of the land. They pay a price for their survival, but there is a sense of normalcy to their lives.

The outlaws and the Wolvarks are the grunts who control the less- fortunate creatures. Through pain and intimidation, they get what they want. They have all the necessary firepower to keep those Grubbs and Clakkerz under their control. There is nobody from the area who can stop them.

Who is the head honcho who has this land and it's people under his thumb? Sekto came into the area, dammed up the water, wiped out the Steefs guarding the lands, and has the outlaws and criminals on his payroll. He controls what happens in these parts, including who lives and dies.

Everything was going according to his evil plans until the creature with no name showed up. This bounty hunter is looking to make some moolah off the bounties in the different towns. The mysterious figure, who the locals call Stranger, might just put a damper on Sekto's plans. Stranger is a tough fighter with a wide assortment of powerful ammunition to take down anyone who crosses his path. With him comes a secret that will change not only his life and Sekto's, but that of everyone living in the lands of Oddworld.

OK! intro done... I'm gonna type up the character descriptions now, but I just wanted to get this thread out here first.
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

01-23-2005, 07:58 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

CHARACTERS:

Stranger:

Nobody knows your name, nobody knows where you came from, and nobody knows exactly what you are. To tell the truth, nobody really cares. What they do know is that you are a bounty hunter who rolls into town to catch some bad guys and collect your moolah. The townsfolk call you Stranger, and thats ok with you. They see you as a bounty hunter, and that's all you really see yourself as too. Still, there is something different about you and your true destiny is yet to be revealed.

Clakkerz:

the chicken- like Clakkerz run the towns around Oddworld where you can pick up bounties at the bounty stores and supplies at the general stores. These Clakkerz are defenseless and rely on the help of bounty hunters such as yourself to protect them. The Clakkerz might fear the outlaws in the area, but they also don't care much about you. Try to talk to them and most of the time you'll get some kind of smart remark. Since the Clakkerz are such chickens, it is easy to shake them down for a little extra moolah. Hey, what you do is hard work, so you've earned it!

Native Grubbs:

All the Grubb natives wanted to do was live in peace in their homeland. Sekto changed all that when he dammed up the river and took away their water. The Grubbs used to have a protector in their Steef, but he has long since disappeared, leaving the Grubbs to suffer at the hands of the Wolvarks working for Sekto. However, the Grubbs aren't as weak as you might think. All they need is someone to lead them to victory and help them get back the lives they once lived.

OUTLAWS

The dusty lands of Oddworld are overrun with outlaws trying to take the inhabitants for everything they have. The outlaws have worked too hard to give it all up and let you get in their way. Expect some heavy resistance whenever you come across these thugs. You need to put them down, bag them up, and bring them to justice.

Outlaw Shooter:

The shooter is one of the most common outlaw types you find out in the wastelands of Oddworld. Short on brains and quick on the trigger, these are dangerous enemies. Lucky for you they aren't that accurate with their shots.

Outlaw Nailer:

The Nailer is a brute who is more than willing to give you a beatdown. The good news is that Nailers have to get in close to harm you. The bad news is that they are extremely tough. It takes some of your most powerful ammo to put them down.

Outlaw Flamethrower:

This outlaw is always ready for a BBQ, and he brings the flames with him. the flames he shoots are extremely powerful, but they don't have a very long range. Keep your distance and blast them from far away. He is a tough thug, so it takes alot to beat him.

Outlaw Semi Auto:

This outlaw runs rampant throughout Mongo Valley and sports a bigger weapon. He can also take far more damage than other outlaws. He wears a distinctive blue vest and goggles.

Outlaw Cutter:

The Cutter has some sharp blades on his knuckles. He sneaks in silently and tries to carve you up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Make sure you put him down before he gets close enough to slice you up.

Outlaw Mortar:

These fellows carry their heavy firepower on their backs. As soon as they catch sight of you, they prepare to fire the ammunition. They are tough customers, so your heavy firepower is required to prevent them from launching. If they do get a missile off, you need to keep moving to keep the missile from coming down on your head.

Outlaw Bomber:

The Bombers are the craziest outlaws of them all, with total disregard for their own safety. They have explosives strapped to themselves and charge at you as soon as they see you. Shoot these guys before they get too close and watch them explode into tiny, bloody bits. If they are able to make it to you, they explode, and you take massive damage.

Outlaw Sniper:

Snipers are the sneakiest of the bunch. These guys like to take cheap shots at you while trying to stay out of harms way. Because they like to stay in out- of- they- way places, you have to keep an eye on your radar to get an idea of where they might be hiding. Once you get a fix on their location, you can drop them with some well placed shots.

OUTLAW BOSS BOUNTIES

If you want some big time moolah, you have to pick up bounties at the bounty store. The big bounties are reserved for the head honchos who run the show and control the outlaws around the area. Once you have your assignment, you can go out and collect. Each outlaw boss has his or her own territory that you have to fight through in order to get the boss. Collecting these bounties is dangerous but well worth the effort. Just make sure you're well armed.

Outlaw Boss names, in order that you fight (book doesn't give description):

Blisterz Booty
Boltz Booty
Looten Duke
Filthy Hands Floyd
Jo Mamma (no... I'm not joking......)
Meagly McGraw
PackRat Palooka
Flint Explosivez McGee
Lefty Lugnutz
Elboze Freely (OMG, HE'S A ROBOT!)
Fatty McBoomBoom
D Caste Raider

WOLVARKS

Wolvarks are the true working class creatures of Oddworld. They are willing to put in half day's work performing the menial jobs for larger buisnesses like Sekto's Dam. Unfortunatly, they are also more than willing to kill you can collect the reward you have on your head. There are many different kinds of Wolvarks you need to be aware of.

Wolvark Shooter:

Wolvark Shooters are evrywhere along Sekto's Dam and all of them want a piece of you. Quick on the draw and mean as heck, the Shooters waste no time in getting their buddies to join in the hunt for you. Use your own ammo to take them out before they do any real damage.

Wolvark Grenadier:

The Grenadier is one of the craftiest Wolvarks around. Grenadiers carry large shields to protect themselves from your attacks. They only put down their protection long enough to throw explosives at you. Be sure to strike as soon as the shield goes down and before they make their toss. Keep your distance from any grenades that they do happen to throw.

Wolvark Slog Handler:

The Slog Handler seems to have a way with slogs. He carries a large pack on his back that holds a lot of those vicious little buggers. After he sees you, he starts to release the Slogs one at a time. Blast him with your crossbow to put him down before he gets a Slog off.

Wolvark Sniper:

Snipers have a tremendous range on their weapons and can hit you from any distance. It can be hard to see them, so you have to use your radar to get and idea of where they are. Also, look for their shots and follow them back to the source to locate the enemy. Snipers can be so far away that you most likely have to use your Sniper Wasps to take them out.

Sekto's Security Wolvarks:

An upgrade to normal Wolvarks, these guys are ready for battle. They wear protective gear and you can see their special goggles on their eyes. The good new is that if you blast these fools like normal Wolvarks, they fall just the same.

Shock Tank:

As if those Wolvarks weren't bad enough, they had to create a Shock Tank for added firepower. These tanks are powerful up close, so try to keep them at a distance. Blast them with Riot Slugs and Boombat Seekers to break their armor. Once they break, you have to deal with the Wolvark inside.

Sekto:

The true mastermind of Oddworld, Sekto has built a dam to seal the water away from all the folks in the area. He is even worse than the most ruthless of all the outlaws. Whatever the cost, whatever the price, you have to put a stop to Sekto and his evil empire. Make your way across Oddworld and through his large dam to find him in his office.

Gloktigi:

The Gloktigi are Sekto's pets- he uses them to do his bidding. You find these large creatures guarding his dam. If you aren't quick enough to find cover, you'll find yourself immobilized in the sticky, green goo that they fire at you. While your helpless, they move in and whack you with their pointy legs.

Vykkers Doctor:

The good doctor is the only one around that you know of who can perform the surgery that you need. Unfortunatly, he knows he's the only one around who can do the surgery, so his prices are outragous. If you want the surgery, you have to find some way to get the moolah he wants.

Scuz:

Scuz is a lowly fellow living in the sewers who was once an assosiate of Packrat Palooka. Now that their relationship has soured, he is willing to give you the password to get into Palooka's junkyard. The only thing he wants is for you to take out Palooka.

Sleg:

The Slegs are wild beasts that roam different parts of the land. They are vicious, little creatures with mouths full of sharp teeth. As soon as one spots you, it rushes in for the attack. They aren't too strong, though, and a Zappfly shot easily puts them down. If one does manage to sink it's teeth into you, you'll take a big hit on health.

Steef:

Steefs were large, powerful beasts that once roamed the lands of Oddworld, but no one has seen one in a while. The Grubb natives counted on them for protection, and as soon as they disappeared, the Grubbs became the prey of the Wolvarks. Sekto had a part in their disappearance and has a large collection of their heads and horns on the walls of his office. He still has a large bounty out for a fresh Steef head. Too bad there aren't any Steefs left- or are there?
Asshole

01-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

I...do...not...have...an...Xbox...and...won't...be...able...to...until...about...March.

STOP...MAKING...THE...WAIT...HARDER!!!!

Seriously, though...pretty cool...

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

01-23-2005, 08:26 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

Also, I will answer any questions about abilities and other stuff as long as it has nothing to do with plot.
Asshole

01-23-2005, 08:32 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

: Perth, Australia
: 481
The Marching Mudokon  (10)

Wow! Thanks for all of the information. Can't wait 'til the game come out.

01-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

:
Also, I will answer any questions about abilities and other stuff as long as it has nothing to do with plot.
Bah! I am impervious to the dark side-effects of spoilers. PM me the whole plot!

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

Last edited by Nepharski; 01-23-2005 at 08:56 PM..
01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

:
Bah! I am impervious to the dark side-effects of spoilers. PM me the whole plot.
I aint opening up the walkthrough section before I beat the game
Asshole

01-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

You lucky, lucky, uh, person, that's it. Do notta read anyting but the character descriptions-ah! It is the devahl-ah!

01-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

You earned yourself a mention on OddBlog!
very good!

01-24-2005, 07:26 AM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

:
You earned yourself a mention on OddBlog!
very good!
coolies!!!

ty
Asshole

Last edited by sligster; 01-24-2005 at 07:38 AM..
01-24-2005, 07:42 AM
evil1
Stunk

: Jan 2005
: Hell
: 38
evil1  (10)

good info
amazing

01-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Woah, this is some superb information, sligster. Thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out and share with us.

01-30-2005, 12:46 PM
greenangel
Chippunk

: Santa Barbara, CA
: 24
greenangel  (10)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I've found the info on the outlaw bosses just a little faulty. I just know that the order isn't correct, because the 4 outlaws that I've fought so far were 1) Blisters Booty, 2) Filthy Hands Floyd, 3) Looten Duke, and 4) Boilz Booty which apparently was written as Boltz Booty from the guide. I know it's not terribly critical who you fight first and second and so on, but I just thought I'd make a note of it.

read my journal

01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

ya, I noticed that too
Asshole