05-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Thexaaaay Ladaaaay

Anyway, to the point, just wondering if you lot had any games that you thought "Wow, if it had [enter blah here] this would be rrrreally good/better!!".

For instance - 'Hitman: Contracts'. It's a good game. Better than the second one. But it'd be even better if -

1) You could choose from a range of missions.
2) You could choose your equipment.
3) You could frame people.
4) You had video footage of your mark [like in 'Hitman: Codename 47']
5) You had to compete with other Hitmen [this sort of happened in the second one, but he was a KGB guy and the level was crap. I was expecting amazingness from this, but all you had to do was wait for him to exit and blow his brains out and take the shtuffs you need and it was done.]
6) Hitmen actually come after you.
7) You could sit down/drink/eat whilst waiting for your mark.
8) Different stealth kills [apparently this is in 'Contracts' but i have no idea how to execute them properly].
9) You could take people hostage.
10) You gain a reputation. If you finish a level with a high rating, more missions become available. If you do crapply, only crappy missions become available.
11) You could blow car tires/the petrol tanks of cars.
12) You actually earned money.
13) Different endings/situations cropping up if you did certain things [for instance, fail to kill your mark and the mission will fail, but instead of having to do it again you might get another go at it, depending on if the client wants to hire you again].

And finally, and this is the one i am hoping to be implemented in Hitman 4, Directors shtuffs. Like in the 'Driver' games were you can go back and 'film' the sequence. That'd rock. So hard. Like, yeh, rock on!!

So, are there any games you would change for the better? Or do you have any idea's that'd make a good game?

Share all.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 05-28-2004 at 05:17 AM.. : I was told to by the Vegetable man...
05-28-2004, 08:06 AM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)

alright, if I could make a game, I'd make it where your character is a dog, and you kill mailmen. o, yea. death to mailmen.
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

05-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
8) Different stealth kills [apparently this is in 'Contracts' but i have no idea how to execute them properly].
According to some review thing you have to fibre wire people. More fibre wirings, more deaths.
05-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I always get the same ones...poo

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

I think all game companies should go the same route as they did w/ the Tony Hawk series. MASSIVE customization - create characters, locations, tricks, board, etc. That's what always really gets me in a game - the customization options. Letting the game be yours.

05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Ahh yes, i adored the customisation options on 'Smackdown 2' on PSOne. Yeh, they so rocked my sockles!!

Yeh, a game where you play as a Hitman...your own Hitman.

05-29-2004, 04:46 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I thought it would be great if KOTOR were a little less linear. I mean, I know you can go to any planet you want... but it's pretty straight-forward when you get to your destination. I guess I was just hoping for a Morrowind with a Star Wars skin.

I REALLY wish that UT2k4 included the editor with the Mac and Linux versions of the game.

Only four people max on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. *shad*

Multiple endings in more games.

More games using the Xbox's custom soundtrack feature.
05-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Only four people max on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. *shad*'

I think that's quite good. I love games where the max is a real small number, i loathe it when you have loads of people running around randomly.

'AVP2' is good for this. Being an Alien/Predator and stalking a Marine is soooo thooper, especially when the level is massive and there's not alot people on the level.

05-30-2004, 10:27 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Yeah, but six or so would have been nice. I mean, with four you either have one on three or two on two. Not much variety.
05-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Hmm, indeedy.

I wonder why games developers don't use their initiative and make games with the Directors option like the 'Driver' games had. Think of the possibilities in games such as 'Hitman' or 'Unreal' or 'Max Payne'. Obviously they would need extras such as "Slow down time" etc. To give it that 'Matrix' effect.

Just out of interest - does anybody here know how to do the extra stealth kills in the 3rd game of 'Hitman'? And is 'Blade 2' the game any good?

05-30-2004, 11:26 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

UT2k4 was SUPPOSED to come with a "matinee" feature, which was intended to be like the thing in Driver. However, the feature got dumbed down to a choppy-ass "instant replay." It doesn't even work half the time.

If there is one thing I could put in Halo 2, it would be a 'director' feature like you're talking about. I don't know how many times my Halo buddies and I have yelled "We should have recorded that!" at the tops of our lungs after pulling off some weird stunt.
05-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Thooperlicious!! I like the customisable features on games aswell, more of that pweez people!! I'm hoping KOTOR 2 expands on this. Like being able to tattoo your character.

I also hope 'Fable' is capable of pulling this off, but alas i find it doubtful.

On a different note, does anybody know if 'The Movies' will be on Xbox?

05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

well Lionhead has a good relationship with Microsoft (BC, Fable and some version of Black and White area all going to be Xbox exclusive) so if it is on any console it will probably be Xbox. But it may just be PC. and thats just THOOPERLICIOUS!

06-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

I have Blade 2, its not to bad, very repetative though, once you've killed once wave of enemies, out comes the next, kill them, go into a new room, and it starts all over again.

The weaponry is decent, I like the shotgun, very brutal and messy, but one bad thing is the Machine Pistol. Not only is it the really crappy looking one he uses in Blade 2 (Instead of the cool square one he had in Blade, the one Whistler was meant to kill himself with) but it is really weak, and ammo is so thin. It has very good range, but after about 3 spreys you've lost it for the whole level.

Another annoying thing is that you can only have 6 "Spaces" of equipment on you, and weapons like the shot gun and pistol take up to spaces, so after you've taken the shotgun and pistol, you only have 2 spaces with can take small things like spare ammo or the glave.

The Glave is my fave weapon, infinite uses, throw it, and it comes back to you. The problem though is that you have to hold the R trigger to charge it, then throw it, this takes time is vampires are running at you, so it can only really be used for stealth kills. One hit kill on almost anything though, except the robot guys at the end.

You can fight hobo's, and they use broken bottles, its funny. Another funny thing is how blade sometimes during a fight, will grab an enemy, and stick a stake in him, which is an automatic kill, its funny when he does this to humans though, they lie on the floor with a big stake sticking out of them instead of burning away. Same with the glave, you behead people, but the vampires burn up.

At the end of the game you can get this vial thing which takes up two spaces in your equipment, but it makes you regenerate really fast, its decent. You can use those cool UV Grenades too, if you take one set of them, they take up one space and you get three of them, great for clearing the overwhelming amounts of enemies that come up to you.

So, its a decent enough game, but not really worth buying like i did, rent it, for along time, or buy it if you see it in a bargain bucket.

06-04-2004, 05:31 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

My personal wish? It would be that you could play more games multi-person co-op.

Such as KOTOR. I have 3 friends who come over every Friday and we play Xbox all night long. So far we've been very limited in the games we can play. We play Phantasy Star Online, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, D&D Heroes, Blackstone, and a few others.

I LOVE the Balder's Gate series but they are only 2-player co-op.

So yeah, that would be my wish. I even bought a bigger TV so playing split-screen games would be easier!

Oh and I think games like BtVS would be great multi-player co-op. In particular Chaos Bleeds, so that you could have someone playing Wilow (with her magic) and someone playing Buffy, and someone playing as Sid the Dummy (just cause he's so fun to play!)
06-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Chaos Bleeds' made me want to wipe my eyes dry with Nettles. It was so poor compared to the first one.

I could've done such a better job of it if i was in charge. Although, saying that i think any gamer could really, since we have such thooperer idea's.

06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

:
'Chaos Bleeds' made me want to wipe my eyes dry with Nettles. It was so poor compared to the first one.

I could've done such a better job of it if i was in charge. Although, saying that i think any gamer could really, since we have such thooperer idea's.
Totally agree, the first one kicked major booty. I was extremely disappointed with the second.
06-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

:
UT2k4 was SUPPOSED to come with a "matinee" feature, which was intended to be like the thing in Driver. However, the feature got dumbed down to a choppy-ass "instant replay." It doesn't even work half the time.

If there is one thing I could put in Halo 2, it would be a 'director' feature like you're talking about. I don't know how many times my Halo buddies and I have yelled "We should have recorded that!" at the tops of our lungs after pulling off some weird stunt.
I agree with what you said in your earlier post about KOTOR, maybe KOTOR 2 will improve in that aspect.

I also agree in so many ways on Halo recording. There were so many games at a friends house with a bunch of people where I had some of my greatest moments, without going overboard explaining that for now. Maybe I will some other time, but I hope Bungie Includes some sort of version of a "director" mode in multiplayer. I know they have upgraded multiplayer stats such as how many times you were killed by different weapons or head shots etc though.
06-11-2004, 11:10 PM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

Is Hitman: Contracts worth the cash? I've been waiting for it to come out for ages, and now it's out.

06-12-2004, 05:49 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

The stories a bit shoddy, but good. The gameplay is really good, just abit easy. But yeh, i'd buy it. Although like many reviews have said, it's more of an add-on than a sequel.

06-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)

How about a game where you play as either a pigeon or a seagull, and you have to do things like, protecting bird eggs from predators or just flying around london,doing stuff. You can kill enemies by dive bombing them or pooing on their head. What do you think?
06-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

You're an idiot. The end.

Just been playing 'AvP2' and thought of some interesting maps. One which includes a large grate floor which can be melted away by Alien acid, the Aliens could then go beneathe the floor and roam around. Also, how about proper air ducts with proper mazeness.

Also, the Aliens should be able to injure their enemies and then drag them around, through vents etc. And if you facehug someone, you should be able to choose the time to burst out of their chest. And actually see where you're going first.

One map should be surrounded by water as well, that'd be amazing to be a Marine/Corp and hear all these bleeps coming towards you but not being able to see them.

06-16-2004, 01:26 AM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

Ah. Apparently it's taken a 'dark' side to everything. Like, really creepy and shit.

06-16-2004, 11:14 AM
nads
Grubb Fisherman

: Mar 2002
: Essex, MA
: 946
nads  (10)

:
More games using the Xbox's custom soundtrack feature.
Yeah! I wanna rock while playing Halo or Riddick!

4 cold years...