07-05-2003, 03:28 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy

And here is my second "Face Blanket". No story, just cool art.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faceblanket lineartsmall.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	91.2 
ID:	927  
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

07-06-2003, 12:44 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Wow, Khans. That's some crazy good shiz.

I must say, I'm absolutely in love with the worms pic. It's brill, f*cking brill. The cloloring on both of the worms pics are astounding. Again, brill. Face blanket reminds me of something that I would draw... I've got this thing for stitches.

Goddamn, everyone on this forum is awesome at drawing. I really need to get in the comic strip groove again... my skills are lacking.
07-06-2003, 03:06 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)
Wired Thumbs Up To You!!

That's a very unique style you have there Khanz. I like your alien dudes the most. Nice contrast of cool and warm colours. Nice in general, just that the proportions with Russ are a little off. But those aliens are wicked! Kickass! And that mucousman! Great job in general . I give you my thumbs up!

And Searex, you're drawings are cool. I like your voodoo doll and that one with the OF member, who was it?

Last edited by Canned Gabbiar; 07-05-2003 at 07:08 PM..
07-06-2003, 03:44 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy Thanks for the feedback!

ummm yeah, that picture of Russ angers me. Waste of time and it's really old and baddish. But I wanted to learn PhotoShop on something simple.

CG, interesting that you noted the contrast. I like sharp contrast and use it a lot, often unintentionally.

I might be posting more pictures someday.

Last edited by TheKhanzumer; 07-05-2003 at 07:46 PM..
07-06-2003, 01:52 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)
Re: Thumbs Up To You!!

:
Originally posted by Canned Gabbiar
And Searex, you're drawings are cool. I like your voodoo doll and that one with the OF member, who was it?
I did a concept of Chris (Jacob) once. I also did a little Dave (DI) cartoon face.

It's not that I'm saying my drawings aren't cool... I just that I haven't been practicing and my drawing skills aren't coming along like I would like them to.

*Tries to think of something original to say to Khanz... so this post won't be spam*
I really love this whole "Nether World" thing you've got going. The whole thing just sounds so bizarre... yet very original. It sounds like you have some great ideas.
07-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Oh man. Wow. Just...wow.

I love your stuff, Khanz. Especially that face blanket. It's like...perfect in every way. I love it.

Although I gotta say, I do like your black and white stuff much much better. I never really liked colors.

Yeah, I'm weird like that. My entire wardrobe is mostly black or gray, with some white stuff here and there. Whee.
07-06-2003, 10:10 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy

Thanks all for the replies. I like black and white too Mac. Since I'm in a jam band I need something semi-weirdish to make me unique (eminem-yellow hair, angus young-schoolboy outfit, etc...) so as of last time I bought clothes everything I wear is plain black white and red (with a couple exceptions, like band t-shirts).

SeaRex, I've actually started writting the first Nether story, but right now it's kind of blah blah blah. Its in very early stages and unbelievably I've had a hard time making the beginning interesting. I'm not sure if I want to let the readers really know the character at the beginning or just shove them into some action and screw development of the different personalities. I think I'll stick um in some wierd shaz and see what happens, and if the characters can develope themselves when I'm writting.

That was a bit longwinded.

07-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Ooohh, thooperness with the Face blanket thing. Seems as if quite a few people (and by a few i mean Luke, Khanz and i) are doing stitch things...although i've only just learnt how to draw scales to a thooper effect...so i'm doing Injin, Obitus and Melik...aswell as a few others...

I also find the guy with the scythe thooper aswell!!

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Khanzumer
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: Mudos
: 66
Khanzumer  (10)
Some recent stuff...

I'm still around and I thought I might post a picture I'm working on. It started out as colored pencil and sharpy and I've been messing around with it on photoshop. I'm not sure wha it is. If anyone knows, please tell me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thenursething.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	103.3 
ID:	1528  

Last edited by Khanzumer; 02-07-2004 at 09:48 AM..
02-07-2004, 08:35 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

l<3vvl stuff, Khanz. I especially like them "Watcher" guys with the weird eyes. They look kinda like Mudokons with the proportions changed and the lower halves of their faces wiped away. As for your last piece, it's very obviously... ummm... a human being born out of a giant beetle? (shrug) Whatever it is, it's pretty tweaked, and that's why I like it.
By the way, I was just wondering: if you post a piece of fiction here, is it considered your intellectual property? That would probably be in the whole Privacy Statement thing, but I'm too lazy to look. Maybe a mod could fill me in. Domo arigato.

Man, that is one weird beetle thing. Kind of reminds me of... something. Kind of like in the Matrix, but that's not what I'm thinking of. Can't quite put my finger on it. Freaky, though. Gives me the jibblies. Brrrrr!

Last edited by TheRaisin; 02-07-2004 at 08:38 PM..
02-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

Khanz...I WANT j00R SKEELS!!! Please post more artwork...I need to get my scanner working...
04-27-2004, 07:19 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

:
I'm still around and I thought I might post a picture I'm working on. It started out as colored pencil and sharpy and I've been messing around with it on photoshop. I'm not sure wha it is. If anyone knows, please tell me.
Fraud alert.
04-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

Uh, Death... Didn't you notice the name/rank/staff change?

It's looks like Khanzumer and TheKhanzumer are two different people without bothering to quote one of them.
04-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

TheKhanzumer and Khanzumer are one in the same. Khanz had some account problem at one point, I believe, and created the second one as a temp. I s'pose he's just using it full-time now.
04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Hey, I remember this thread. Was it really only a couple months ago? Wow. When are you gwine ter post summore, Khanz? Me likey. Me likey bounce-y. Me likey art.

Spiderman is having me for dinner tonight. The Spiderman is always... hungry.