02-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
F the Police...The Thought Police.

I'm sick and tired of people censoring stuff. Clear Channel's homogenous crap that they blast on the air waves is more bland than unsweetened Cream O' Wheat and it pisses me off. Nowadays, morality goon squads seem to be descending upon our culture like vultures on a dead horse carcass. First it was Janet Jackson, now Bubba and Howard Stern. Howard Stern didn't even do anything, it was the other person who "dropped the n-bomb." It sickens me that Clear Channel is offering Stern up as a paschal lamb so Mike "Nepotism" Powell doesn't rape them when the license renewals come up.
Who cares if Stern is old and busted? Who cares if his puerile banter makes you want to vomit? This is a slippery slope, people and if you think Stern is going to be the only guy nailed by these puritanical spoilsports that seem to have infested the good ol U.S.A. I've got two words for you:Think again.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

02-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I, too, can't stand censorship. Especially if its for trivial matters. When doing work for my Film Studies C/W last night i came upon a news report from a while back which stated this random group [can't remember the name, has parent in it and the lot of them were Christians] was complaining about Buffy the Vampire Slayer just because Caleb was a Priest who was evil. I was all like "Hello, most Priests are evil. The Vatican has an offshore bank account to supply money for Court cases where the Priests have fondled the Choir boys!!".

Anyway, the main gripe they had with Caleb was when he asked what would happen if, at the last supper, they wanted white wine instead of red. It's such a pathetic thing to complain about. Although it amused me when one of them said that one of the people was shaking because she was so shocked by this statement.

Wankers, the lot of them.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

I'd probably prefer a white wine over a red wine if I had to have a Last Supper. Quite frankly, who cares? Some people drink purple grape juice for Communion for God's sake!
There are few things that piss me off more in this world than these uppity little Bible-thumpers who try to wreck other people's fun. Also, these people so worried about family values usually seem to have the most ****ed up families in the whole neighborhood! Maybe if these fools would spend less time crusading and more time parenting their kids wouldn't be such nutjobs.

02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

:
complaining about Buffy the Vampire Slayer just because Caleb was a Priest who was evil.
That didn't annoy me at all. I'm a Buffy fan, and that didn't offend me. I mean, come on...he's an evil preist. Evil being the key word here. Why would they get so offended? If you're evil, you're not going to like God...so why does it matter, eh?

As for the censorship stuff, here's what I say. If you don't like Howard Stern, don't listen to him. But, with the SuperBowl being such a huge event that people watch, families didn't know what was going to take place with Janet Jackson. People know what to expect out of Howard Stern. See what I'm saying? I wasn't offended by Janet's stunt, but others were. People appearing on television have a responsibility to keep the standards that are set. Now, if you want to go on Howard Stern's show and be crude, go on ahead, because I'm sure most of Stern's listeners enjoy crude comedy or whatever.

-oddguy

02-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'I wasn't offended by Janet's stunt, but others were.'

I don't see what was offensive. So her left breast was revealed, it's hardly like;
1) performed a lewd act on stage.
or
2) meant for it to happen.

The uproar that minor accident caused was ridiculous. Yes, i can understand its Tv where everybody likes to watch and the like but there's nothing you can do about it by complaining. Only make things a lot more stricter which would thus destroy the fun of many programmes.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Two days ago my dad made a "celebrity bowl" of guacamole. It was shaped like a breast, and he said it was Janet Jackson. Teehee.

Anyways, on occasion, censorship can overboard. Like the way some places go into super precaution mode because of being a "potential terrorist target". The cause is pretty much just radicals, activists, and the rest of the good-hearted Volvo driving soccer moms of the world. But while most of the time cencorship is good, and helps increase the ability to avoid programming you find offensive, sometimes that just isn't. Wiat- what am I saying? hell, people should just stop complaining and not listen to Howard Stern if they don't like it. Geez. Overboard like people off the Titanic.
02-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

I can sort of see how people would be upset about the Super Bowl incident, but everyone overreacted. You really don't expect to be watching the Super Bowl DURING PRIME TIME and have J.J. expose her big floppy tit to half of the U.S. populace. Howard Stern on the other hand, is as Oddguy noted, a shock jock. Its is his job to be a disgusting idiot. People shouldn't be listening to Howard Stern if the N word gets them going in a sanctimonious tizzy. Come on, people. You're listening to the same program in which bestiality was encouraged so a chick would get free breat implants. This isn't exactly high-brow. Plus, Howard Stern had the good judgement to hang up on the person who said the offending word. It would have been a whole 'nother story if he continued the dialogue and said the offending word a couple of times himself.

02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well it goes to show on how many idiots there are out there. I don't see why everyone gets angry for these things when they have the right not watch it. America is such an amazeing country.

Ya know radio invented a unique device that not only is in their stations but with us aswell. We call them buttons and knobs. You use them to turn things off or change the channel. If you don't like the shit that radio or clear channel or whatever is throwing out there then for goodness sake change the damm channel! Instead they watch what they don't like and then comes the lawsuits. You know how stupid that sounds? No we have these politically correct fools who want to qoute on qoute censor everything or cause an uproar in the American's freedom of speech rights and cause peoples careers to go down the tubes.

Freedom of speech is the most fundamental rights that we the Americans came up with. And Ill be dammed if I have to give them up to politically correct morons out there!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 02-27-2004 at 06:02 PM..
02-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

:
I can sort of see how people would be upset about the Super Bowl incident, but everyone overreacted. You really don't expect to be watching the Super Bowl DURING PRIME TIME and have J.J. expose her big floppy tit to half of the U.S. populace.
Are you kidding me? I'd say the reaction was perfectly justified. That was the god damn nastiest tit I've ever seen, and probably will, until I see a female with a very hairy chest.
02-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

America doesn't have freedom of speech, its as simple as that.

And on PA's mention on Politically Correctness this, too, is another thing i can't stand. Where if someone tells a racist joke they are a racist. No...they're not. They're just telling a racist joke. My great uncle said a couple of weeks ago "i'm not a racist, i have friends who are coons.". Which, other than amuse me highly, made me realise that you're only racist if you;

1) Say something classed as racist [Nigger, Slitty-eyes, Paki] in a malicious way, caused to hurt the person it is directed at.

If one was to see a group of whites kicking in a black guy we would automaticly think "Racist scum." but if it was vice versa we would automaticly think "They must've done something to provoke those lot.". This view was talked about on 'Question Time' last Thursday with Anne Winterton stating about the Cocklepickers in a, quite bad taste, joke. It wasn't racist though, and the fact she has been branded a racist is amazingly obscene. The joke was -

"Two Sharks in the Carribean. One says to the other "I'm tired of eating Fish, wanna go down to Morcambe for a Chinese?"

Now, that to me is amusing. I'm not a racist, but it was. I just find it ridiculous when people throw the word "racist" around willy-nilly without actually knowing what the word means.

02-29-2004, 04:35 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

If America dident have Freedom of speech then there won't be the press and the media giveing their views on issues. Unless I am mistaken if there wasn't freedom of speech wouldn't it be impossible to say what you want? That sounds like dictatorship to me. Would it be like if you said something offensive you could be taken by the Government and shot at? I don't see that happening in the United States anytime soon. Infact if we dident have freedom of speech I wouldn't be here talking on the forums. I wouldn't be alowed to do this. I wouldn't be allowed to access the internet let alone send e-mail.

Its states it in our Constitution we have Freedom of speech.

02-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I believe at the beginning of the war Mr Bush stated:

"If you are not with us, you are against us."

indicating that EVERYBODY who disagree's with the war and with what Bush states...is against him...i.e - a terrorist in their own right. Meaning that everybody in the Media is going to start thinking twice before they put anything bad about his views.

And lets not even talk about the fact that he hates Homosexuals because of his Religion and he's going to make a law to halt them getting married.

02-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)

I can't understand why America can ban gay marriges but they can allow people to have automatic weapons in their house?
02-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

That whole gay marrige thing is a load of bull hockey. I was thinking about starting a thread about it after I proudly started an argument about it during lunch at school last week, but decided against it.

Bah. Too many conservatives and religiously influenced people.
02-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'I can't understand why America can ban gay marriges but they can allow people to have automatic weapons in their house?'

Of course, us faggots and dykes are faaaar more dangerous to familes than guns. If we're allow to marry, then by diddly-gosh, then the "normal" nuclear family may become the minority. What with Homosexuality being contagious and all.

But don't worry people, we'll all soon contract GAIDS and die out...

02-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Heh.

One of my friends is so full of bullshit excuses and misconceptions it's freaking hilarious. "SInce gay people say marrige is all about love, if we allow it there'll be future fonclit about it. People will be trying to justify beastiality and paligomy and stuff." When asked about how some petty things could possibly cause conflict, he came up with "Not in this generation it won't."

Too many stereotypes and emphasis put on gays in the media. Bah. Religious bible thumpers and conservative radicalists can shout their obscenely stupid arguments about irreperable long term harm on the steps of a courtroom all they want, but the fact of the matter is, they're still idiots.
03-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Just wondering who everybody wants in. After getting linked to this random site i've decided that i want the Democrats in. The Republicans have wacky idea's. Or it might be the other way around...i've never understood the USA's leadership things...but Bush is a scallywag...i would like to blow Cocaine in his face and crowd surf him on Hens.

03-02-2004, 02:41 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

The definition of marriage is and I qoute is,
The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife;

The Democrats want to redefine this fundamental concept thats been with us since Adam and Eve.

03-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Over in England our Government has passed a bill [i think they have anyway] which will destroy the words 'husband' and 'wife' and instead replace them with 'partner' this is to stop Homosexual couples feeling left out.

I didn't really understand this, but i'm sure many Homosexuals was pleased.

However, there was abit of uproar with people thinking that marriage would eventually be phased out...after this theory settled down and people realised this was utter shite, nobody cares anymore.

03-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Adam and Eve... hehe. My friend recited a quote about that he'd heard.

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".
03-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I've heard that one loads, it was funny at first but after a while it did get tiring. I now tend to respond with -

"Penetrate me."

It works wonders.

03-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

:
"Two Sharks in the Carribean. One says to the other "I'm tired of eating Fish, wanna go down to Morcambe for a Chinese?"
I love that joke

03-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Why are people so worried about the nuclear family. Face it people, single parents are EVERYWHERE. This whole nuclear family b.s. has got to stop because quite frankly, I doubt its exsistence. Why do politicians want to get in a time machine and set the world back 5 decades? The 50s sucked major. Also, family values: What the hell is that supposed to mean? Newt Gingrich's family values, which include divorce on a whim, Dubya's incoherent and doting technique(Yay, fake I.D.s for everyone!) Charles Manson's race war values, what? How can this "family values" thing get so much airtime? But of course, this phrase NEVER means a single parent, divorced, extended, or homosexual family's values. Oh no, its always about some quaint little union thats going extinct.

03-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'I love that joke'

I also like:
"Cocklepicker survivors said that they thought they would be alright so long as "water level stay under knee high". Unfortunatly, knee high didn't turn up to work that evening."

In bad taste, yes. Racist? Noooo.