06-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Apr 2001
: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)
Question What OW4 really needs!

What do you want OWI to include in OW4 to make it the best title in the series. I'm not talking about story or gameplay. That's not our job. I'm talking about what options, features, extras and stuff.

A few things I want:

* Backstory of AO , AE , and MO
* Possible to save anywhere (like quicksave)
* Option to toggle under-titelling (for the non US or UK residents )

This is not my full list, I'm interested to see what you guys come up with.

06-21-2003, 11:34 AM
slaney
Bolamite

: Apr 2003
: planet zog
: 52
slaney  (10)

i dont know about the rest of you but i would like to be able to name my saved game instead of haveing a symbol because more than one people play our xbox and its easier to know what save is yours

more odd characters and odd places ans enviroments
06-21-2003, 11:39 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Maybe a making of in the special features?

I would also like to see none of that irritating quit to Xbox dashboard rubbish. How manyt times have I accidently pressed that..........
06-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

You can save anywhere in MO, so I'm assuming the same will be true in OW4. As for a backstory, I'm not sure it's worth it unless parts of previous games actually affect what's happening in this story. If they do have a backstory, hopefully it'll be like the one in AE and not the one in MO.

However, if it were to have subtitles, it certainly would get a higher score on deafgamers.com, plus it would be easier to transcribe! A view all movies option should be there, too, but not so you can see movies you haven't reached in the game, and also whatever 'quarma' (if that is involved with the new game) ending you end up with, you should be able to start the game again you can end up with ALL the movies on the same save file.

And I expect to see all the OWI dressed up as hunters for the credits.

EDIT: I don't see a point in subtitling for non UK and US residents, since the games are actually translated (I believe).
06-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

well SO looks good without add ons.

06-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Like Max i think if they do have a backstory, which i think they will, then it should be like AO's. Or like show Steef been briefed on Abe and Munch and basically showing clips from the game as the briefer peep speaks.

From what i can recall Bounty Hunters don't work for the law, do they? The guys who were after that Max Factor (i think it was Max Factor) heir person were arrested for kidnapping by the Mexican authorities, meaning Bounty Hunting is illegal. So wouldn't that mean Steef is working for his own interest.

Pausable FMV's would be good, and the ability to fast forward them and skip them.

Special FMV's that show random occurances (like on the 'Spiderman' game were you can unlock Vultures & Shockers FMV and such).

A cheat that will unlock all FMV's and such, so if you can't be bothered to complete it a second/third time then you can just type the cheat in and see the rest of the FMV's.

Multiple ways to achieve an objective...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: 576
Oddipus  (38)

:
Originally posted by Max the Mug
And I expect to see all the OWI dressed up as hunters for the credits.
Nice. Forgot about that. I hope they dress up like,... whatever again.

:
Originally posted by Max the Mug
EDIT: I don't see a point in subtitling for non UK and US residents, since the games are actually translated (I believe).
Errr. Your wrong. In some countries they are, but here in Belgium they aren't. Lorne Lanning's voices are allways terrific, but not allways easy to understand, especially when English isn't your native language.

Backstory has indeed to be done in a decent way.

:
Originally posted by Jacob
Pausable FMV's would be good, and the ability to fast forward them and skip them.

Special FMV's that show random occurances (like on the 'Spiderman' game were you can unlock Vultures & Shockers FMV and such).

A cheat that will unlock all FMV's and such, so if you can't be bothered to complete it a second/third time then you can just type the cheat in and see the rest of the FMV's.
Fully controlable FMV's: Great Idea!
Extra FMV's, not story related: like the idea
Cheat: Personnaly, I hope they don't include it. I want to unlock em myself (I know what you are gonna say: "Then don't use the cheat!", but I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to resist.)

Something that would make me super happy: a previously released game included (especially AO or AE)

06-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

well I would like some kinds of bonus... simply look at Rayman3: little fmw's, maybe gallery shots, making off and such of stuff