02-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I the Burp really that bad?

Oddworld needs to rethink some of the gamespeak. From what I've heard of MO Sligs are especially bad...

03-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Sligs had awful speech, you couldn't talk to anything (other than voice recignition things) without it attacking you, and I also think that the belch was lame, i never even touched the button for either fart OR burp in MO
03-01-2003, 10:39 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
All this discussion about use of bodily functions in games reminds me of this corny old Super Nintendo game called Boogerman: The Pick and Flick Adventure. I don't think I need to say more, other than it had a range of bodily functions as attacks.

Anyway, I'd really like to see something original in future games. Farting and burping are funny, but like all things if they are over-used, they can wear out their usage. I'm not good at thinking up these kinds of things, but I'm sure Oddworld will come up with very original and humorous ideas.

Abe Babe...
That game was great! It had everything... super hero janitors, scabs that strut like John Travolta, toilets stained with "you know what", and even puss mutants that explode!! I haven't played that game in so many years, I'm suprised someone else has played it (or seen it).
03-03-2003, 04:44 PM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

: 9
NyQuil Driver  (10)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
Games with high realism usually make the best games due to the fact that people like to smash a window, blind an enemy with the shattering glass and then bludgeon the twat to death with a chair leg...
Violence doesn't make a game mature like you seem to think. You sound like a twelve year old who thinks he's all growns up because mommy bought him GTA:VC.

I thought the burp thing was kind of lame too, I did it once and that was enough for me. I'm not mad at the game or anything for having that in there though. But if you could stab somebody's eye with a shard of glass, that would be equally immature. Humurous at first, sure, but ultimately immature.

NyQ

03-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Jacob was talking about realism in his last paragrap anyway, not maturity.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

03-04-2003, 10:34 AM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

NyQuil Driver  (10)

:
Originally posted by Facsimile
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Jacob was talking about realism in his last paragrap anyway, not maturity.
Well given that he started that post with;

:
People have a right to crazy ideas but making them as immature as that is not crazy, its wrong. If OWI did do that then they would lose a vast amound of mature players.
I did think his entire post was about im/maturity. Everyone was talking about maturity in this topic. So if he went off on a tangent about realism, which has nothing to do with the topic, then I can't be faulted for thinking his paragraph about realism was somehow linked to maturity.

NyQ

Last edited by NyQuil Driver; 03-04-2003 at 02:41 AM..
03-05-2003, 04:55 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

You make a good point, but I was hoping to not put you on my 'Annoying list'.
*Does just that.*
Sorry.

03-05-2003, 11:34 AM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

NyQuil Driver  (10)

Drat! Foiled again!

NyQ

03-05-2003, 02:05 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
I did think his entire post was about im/maturity.
Quite, thats why i had a line of space, indicating something completly different if not irrelevant.

:
You sound like a twelve year old who thinks he's all growns up because mommy bought him GTA:VC.
I'm pressuming your American, due to you spelling 'mummy' as 'mommy'. In which case if you are, you cant really mock me...you just being...American and shtuff...and probably overweight...and stupid...and if your an American policemen, you like Donuts...yeh...you Donut-liker you!!

Yes, lets embrace the common stereotypes...Huzzah!!

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

NyQuil Driver  (10)

:
Quite, thats why i had a line of space, indicating something completly different if not irrelevant.

I'm pressuming your American, due to you spelling 'mummy' as 'mommy'. In which case if you are, you cant really mock me...you just being...American and shtuff...and probably overweight...and stupid...and if your an American policemen, you like Donuts...yeh...you Donut-liker you!!

Yes, lets embrace the common stereotypes...Huzzah!!
What are you talking about?! You've officially lost it. When did I say anything that was stereotypical? The only thing I can think of that I said was the twelve year old remark. And given your last tangent about Americans (yes, I'm American) I think my assesment of you having the maturity of a twelve year old was pretty spot-on. I never said anything about Europeans, nor would I except in jest. I know you were joking about the Americans thing to make a point, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what that point is.

Oh, and that "line of space" thing you were talking about, well I like to call them paragraphs, and normally they do flow into each other. And even if I give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, and the realism/maturity things are separate, then why did you bother posting it? It has nothing to do with the topic, nobody else mentioned it.

NyQ

Last edited by NyQuil Driver; 03-05-2003 at 06:26 AM..
03-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
When did I say anything that was stereotypical?
Erm, when did i say you said anything that was stereotypical. Easy there, Skippy, you may blow a fuse...

:
well I like to call them paragraphs, and normally they do flow into each other.
Yes, paragraphs do flow into each other. But lines of space do not...hence why MY line of space, did not...hence why i called it a 'line of space' and not a paragraph.

:
It has nothing to do with the topic, nobody else mentioned it.
:
Can we have a laugh please? Why do we have to be mature? Odworld games are fun. And there are multiple levels of humor included in each game: stupid childisch, but also subtile mature.
I believe the latter said something about maturity...i never read through it..

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-05-2003, 07:09 PM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

NyQuil Driver  (10)

:
Erm, when did i say you said anything that was stereotypical. Easy there, Skippy, you may blow a fuse...

If I didn't say anything stereotypical, then where did the whole "Americunz R Stoopid" spiel come from? I just don't get it.

:

I believe the latter said something about maturity...i never read through it..
Yes, it did make mention of maturity. Thank you very much, we're talking about realism and why the hell you started talking about it. So if the second paragraph is about maturity then you've proven my point for me. If you are studying law, like you mentioned in another thread, I hope you don't pass the bar or any clients you get will be in big trouble.

NyQ

03-05-2003, 07:10 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Oh for crying out loud who cares on weather the stinken game is mature or not. Its Oddworld for crise sake its odd, humerous and just plan fun and disturbing. The ingredients for a good game. Weather you think the game is mature or not doesnt change anything. Ya know sometimes I wounder where these arguements are going.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-05-2003 at 11:18 AM..
03-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
Yes, it did make mention of maturity. Thank you very much, we're talking about realism
lol, well spotted...erm...yeh. So, i just re-read it and i was on about the whole breaking wind (out of mouth and anal region) and sneezing to kill enemies. I think i was getting at how doing such things is not realistic, and just plain stupid which would only appeal to non-mature players. Whereas having realism would appeal on a broad spectrum...i think.

:
If I didn't say anything stereotypical, then where did the whole "Americunz R Stoopid" spiel come from?
:
You sound like a twelve year old who thinks he's all growns up because mommy bought him GTA:VC.
That part of your sentence annoyed me, i hate being class as that sort of person...

:
I hope you don't pass the bar or any clients you get will be in big trouble.
Yes, thats right...American.

03-06-2003, 04:57 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
you just being...American and shtuff...and probably overweight...
Weird... my friends and I have that view as well...
Something in common with Jacob. Now I'm really scared.
:
Ya know sometimes I wounder where these arguements are going.
Hey don't complain, they're always entertaining.

03-06-2003, 10:32 AM
NyQuil Driver
Zappfly

NyQuil Driver  (10)

:
lol, well spotted...erm...yeh. So, i just re-read it and i was on about the whole breaking wind (out of mouth and anal region) and sneezing to kill enemies. I think i was getting at how doing such things is not realistic, and just plain stupid which would only appeal to non-mature players. Whereas having realism would appeal on a broad spectrum...i think.

OK, that's all I was wondering. It was just hard to get an answer without back-handed insults at my country. I realize I did start the insults with:

:

That part of your sentence annoyed me, i hate being class as that sort of person...

That twelve year old remark. And I apologize for that, but hey at least it was an on-topic insult Unlike this:

:

Yes, thats right...American.
OK? I still don't get it but whatever. I'm sure now you're just saying it to get under my skin, but I still don't know how/why that string of insults started.

Anyways, look guys, I know I'm teh n3wb!!!11 here so I'm probably stepping on some toes. I'm really not such a bad guy though

NyQ

03-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by NyQuil Driver
Anyways, look guys, I know I'm teh n3wb!!!11 here so I'm probably stepping on some toes. I'm really not such a bad guy though
Don't worry. It's not that you're a newb that the argument started. But when you first made the reply to Jacob's post, he had to defend it.
And I don't have an 'Annoying list'.