Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)
Post The Destruction of Nativille

As everyone knows, my last fan fic was a complete disaster. But I actually thought this one out, through and through, and without reading this you won't get the story at all: at the beginning of each chapter, when it says the year, that's the time period of the chapter right now. Enjoy!

Chapter 1 -- Invaders

September 15th, 920

I heard the clicking sounds of a Scrab's legs, getting louder and louder. The scrab shrieked, and at that time I realized it was after me. Running like never before, I jumped over all the vines and dodged all the twigs in my way. Only Odd knew where the forest ended, and the Scrab got closer and closer by the second.

The walls of the great village Nativille came into view. But the breath of the Scrab pushed against my bare neck.
"Help! Somebody help!" I cried out, tossing my arms in the air to signal the guards on top of the walls. The guards glared down at me, and shot down the Scrab with their spoocebows.

Once in the village, Chief Cellius walked up to me with a nasty look on his face. Chief Cellius is the oldest Mudokon in the world, he's forty five years old. He's very tall, and has a purple - like skin. His nasty look turned into a smile, and he started to laugh.
"Ha ha! Risking your life just to hunt for wood to use as a fire to a village! I say, you must feel proud of yourself!" I didn't.
"But...I didn't bring any firewood," I said, drooping down in shame. But Cellius's smile didn't go away.
"But you risked yourself for this village. That's good enough. Now go get some rest, you'll need it."

While walking to my hut, I heard someone scream out, "hey Lil' Para, come back!" and a baby paramite came running by in front of me. The air stood silent for about a minute, but just then Elster the Farmer ran up to me.
"Listen, I'm sorry for putting you to work, but could you please catch Lil' Para for me? I'm too old, and that damn paramite is just too fast!" I couldn't be mean and say no, so I chased after Lil' Para. And boy, Elster was right, this little guy was sure fast!

Mudokons moved out of the road, and back into their huts so they wouldn't get in the crossfire. Lil' Para stopped out of the blue, panting. It must've been tired.
"Ah, you poor thing, you must be so exhausted," I said, taking out a bag of meat I saved for some reason. The paramite gulped the meat down. Then it started to rub against me. Apparently it has been tamed a bit.

Elster walked up to me again, but he didn't look happy -- at all. In fact, he looked pale and totally horrified. He wouldn't speak, and he then fell over. Someone had shot him in the back of the head. A Glukkon's voice cried out, "burn this village town from head to toe!" as a bunch of Sligs ran across the village, killing anything in sight.

I ran towards the closest bathroom hut, Lil' Para following along. Locking the door, I heard screams and gun shots. Lil' Para was shaking, and the light of the window in the bathroom grew into a shadow. The door was bashed down, and there standing in front of me was a Big Bro slig with a pistol. He shot. A whine was heard.

Feedback please.
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

EXCELLENT!

Very interesting, and that bit at the end leaved me wanting more. Soooo...

MORE!

Whatever... Great story anyways

03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

Good beginning. Yet everything went by really fast. Which is nice, but it was just a little different in my experience to see such a story. It is just that we are left with a cliff hanger almost after we started the chapter. But great anyway.

Anyway, I did like how you gave all the facts we needed to have a story. That is pretty good. Now I have an idea of what kind of story this will be.

03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

Yay! Happy you liked it. I'll try to type up the second chapter tomorrow. And to think I was nervous that a bunch of people were going to complain how bad it was. Thankies!
03-30-2007, 07:50 PM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

Good job! Great story.
03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
OddjobAbe
National Treasure

: England
: 3,121
OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)

Nice work, there. as was previously stated, everything happened rather quickly, but that's nice, to have something breeze by. It's like what you'd read if you were in a sort of 'neutral' mood or good mood, and didn't want a story that dragged on. I look forward to the next chapter.