07-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

:
You don't see any reason, I did. I posted the reasons here. Everyone else seemed to agree.
Everybody agrees because we are all power hungry freaks that wants to be moderator

But anyways, i dont really think that OT needs a new moderator, but i dont know about the others since thats the only one i visit now.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

07-10-2004, 06:59 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

:
Everybody agrees because we are all power hungry freaks that wants to be moderator
Of course. That's my reason.

Although, Max agreed...and he's already a mod.

Dum Dum DUMM!

The plot thickens.

-oddguy

Of course, I bet Alcar has already punished Max and brainwashed him back to the ways of the Alcarians!

07-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

:
I second that. I'm a power hungry bastard, but not really why I want modship.

07-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

Well, i'm running for NOAL. If you think I should be the mod, vote!

07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Actually, I encourage Moderators to express their opinions whether they be conflicting or not. That has rang true throughout the entirety of many of the Moderator's time on the forums. When I punish Max, it's because he likes that kinky stuff

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

07-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2004
: Paramonia!
: 285
Killa_47  (10)

i'll vote for ferill for NOAL

07-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
Actually, I encourage Moderators to express their opinions whether they be conflicting or not. That has rang true throughout the entirety of many of the Moderator's time on the forums.
Ok then. My opinons:

All religions are wrong

The vast majority of the members on this forum have IQs smaller than that of a small mouldy waffle. With a bite taken out of it.

I should be super mod

This forum should ease off the rules a bit.

Fan corner should be shut as the vast majority of stories in there are crap. There are exceptions though, mainly when the story is written by a member with an IQ bigger than that of a small mouldy waffle. With a bite taken out of it.

Pop music is overrated.

RHCP are Underrated.

The n00b on this forum should be forced to talk to Peter on MSN for 5 minutes.

I moan too much.

Everyone's opinions are valid. But mine are more valid.

Beer rules. No arguments.

Max and Peter should keep their kinky loving to Necrum.

and maybe RPG
07-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

:
Ok then. My opinons:

All religions are wrong

The vast majority of the members on this forum have IQs smaller than that of a small mouldy waffle. With a bite taken out of it.

I should be super mod

This forum should ease off the rules a bit.

Fan corner should be shut as the vast majority of stories in there are crap. There are exceptions though, mainly when the story is written by a member with an IQ bigger than that of a small mouldy waffle. With a bite taken out of it.

Pop music is overrated.

RHCP are Underrated.

The n00b on this forum should be forced to talk to Peter on MSN for 5 minutes.

I moan too much.

Everyone's opinions are valid. But mine are more valid.

Beer rules. No arguments.

Max and Peter should keep their kinky loving to Necrum.

and maybe RPG
I agree with:

You moan too much.
Beer rules.
Who is the n00b?
Pop is overated
all religions are wrong.

I disagree with the rest.
Oh and you should stay mod of rpg.

07-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

I'm not staying, being a very active mod (I'm on here about an hour a day minimum) of a dead forum, that needs to be active to work is just killing me. So therefore I'm leeting it kill someone else now.
07-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

:
I understand that we will have a huge rush of new members during the pre-release of Stranger, the release of Stranger, and the post-release of Stranger. However, what is the difference between that, and the rush concerning Munch's Oddysee?
The difference is it's a much more important release. Munch's oddysee was a flop. It was an overhyped failure. So it really is no suprise that we didn't get the anticipated "huge rush" of new members.

:
As far as I remember, no new Moderators were elected for the upcoming rush, other than the Spoiler Forum Moderator (which meant General Discussion was included).
Yes but you can't compair then to now, because it is a completely different situation. Stranger will be a massive new game. It will be like the release of AO and AE combined. All the AO and AE fans, plus some more.

:
If the number of Moderators we had back then was smaller than the amount we have today, why should I worry any more than reason?
OK let's put it another way; even with the number of moderators we have now, we still have problems. If so much as one single moderator goes off on holiday, then the entire forum is moderated by only one single moderator. When he isn't here because he is out or asleep, then there is nobody to keep things in check. With a system like THAT you are NOT going to be able to control the kind of crowds we will be getting in after Stranger is released.

:
When the rush occurs, both Abe Babe and myself will be on hand more often.
And I think you'll find yourself wanting someone to free up your schedual a bit. Even if that is just me helping out with FS&H. You need someone to handle the petty questions and arguments so you can deal with the bigger, more important forum issues and questions.

What happens if Abe Babe is away? The moment you go offline, then the questions will pile up unanswered. Then when you get back, you'll have to not only contend with the unanswered questions, but all the new ones coming in on top of those. And when you go offline again, you'll get even more.

What happens if you want to go away? What are you going to say to your parents or friends? "Sorry mate/mom, I can't go out with you, I have to stay here and babysit an internet forum"?

:
Especially seeing as we will have to contend with updating our Oddworld websites a great deal more than at current.
So on top of the now burgeoning activity of FS&H, you'll also have to be updating Oddworld Universe? All the more reason to call in extra help I'd say.

:
If we feel new Moderators are needed for any other forums, which, as I've said, we have already discussed, and we don't (other than Fan Corner and Non-Oddworld Art & Literature) then we will discuss it, and see if it is a viable solution to our problems.
WE feel we need new moderators. WE are discussing it. You're not the only one around here who is able detect the need for a new mod.

:
I understand you are thinking of the future, but then so am I, except I'm using the past to help me.
NO, you're using the past to hinder you. Compairing Stranger's release to Munch's Oddysee's release some might say is like compairing apples and oranges. I'd say it's more like compairing apples and very large melons.

:
We do not want extra Moderators for the sake of having a few extras to help with small tasks.
Yes we DO! They are small tasks now but come spring 2005, or whenever the release date for Stranger is, they will become far bigger tasks.

:
If you feel so strongly about it, why not just help out now, instead of petitioning for Moderatorship. You seem to think that being a Moderator will instantly make you help people.
I DO help out here. I'm always helping out in FS&H, making suggestions, answering questions. But soon we will need much much more than just charitable members. The reason you don't see us helping in forums in the same way a moderator helps, is because helping like a moderator is strictly reserved for the moderators. People just get told "hey you're not a mod so get lost".

:
That may be so for a month, but if you're not willing to do it as a member, I can for sure see that you won't do it as a Moderator.
I DO help out as a member. But as I stressed before, there is only so much we can do to help. We can try to reason with users, we can make suggestions, and we can answer people's questions. We can't close threads, we can't give warnings, we can't make stickied threads, and there is absolutely no authority behind anything we say to anyone.

:
The forums for election stand at Fan Corner and Non-Oddworld Art & Literature. The elections will begin sometime soon. If you have something constructive to say, please reply, but if it is the same old wish-wash, keep it to yourself, I won't bother repeating myself for the fifth time.
Alcar, so far, everything we have said has been constructive. So I have no idea what you mean by saying "same old wish-wash". You don't have to repeat yourself, just listening to what we have to say and actually taking on board our point of view would be nice. Because so far, all you've done is tell us why we're wrong. You've completely denied the existance of any logic in our opinions.

And all we've been doing is trying to get you to understand where we're coming from. But you won't even do that. Attempting to reason with you is like driving into a brick wall. Once you hit it then you don't go any further. All momentum is lost, and anything good that was being done is just halted before it takes affect.
07-11-2004, 02:11 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

It's typical ... I was offline for the first time in weeks due to work and a couple of other unforseen circumstances and issues arise. Interestingly enough it also happened over at Advent Children.net as well, and I was offline for the same amount of time there as well.

Well, this topic seems to have gone a long way since it was started, so apologies if I'm answering something that is old news. I really skimmed through a lot of stuff as this thing was 13 pages [my settings for posts per page is a bit different to the default].

Okay, well as Alcar has said, we did discuss moderators before he left. I was waiting until he returned before doing anything. We discussed the need for new moderators in Fan Corner and Non-Oddworld Art and Literature, as DI wished to step down from moderating that forum. We also discussed an RP mod to replace Hobo who also wished to step down, and decided that Red Muse could have this position without voting as she is already helping Hobo out there.

We also discussed the possibility of appointing another moderator for Off-Topic and had decided against it. But in view of this post and on viewing the recent influx of activity in this forum, I think that perhaps having three mods in off-topic isn't really a bad thing. So this might be something that we can consider before holding the elections.

As for GD, I still don't think we need anyone extra there as Max and Xav do a wonderful job. However if they indicate to us that they need an extra hand in the future, we would be willing to consider this also.

For this forum, I always was of the opinion that this was a forum that needed to be moderated by admin staff. And actually I had been checking this forum every day before my un-anticipated absence and the only new threads in here were banner request threads and Codek's name change request. So there really wasn't anything that needed to be dealt with. Granted it has been busier since I was away, but generally this forum is fairly quiet except when an issue such as this arises.

Although we would still like to go throught the nomination and voting process. Sure it takes a little longer than the "choose a mod" process. But there is a reason that we do this. At many forums the mods are nominated by other mods. We have a small staff here, so doing such doesn't give a very good indication. Plus when the members vote in a mod, it allows them to not only get involved, but if they end up choosing a mod they don't like ... then they can't go blaming the staff for making a bad decsion. And also I believe that the members know each other a lot better than I do, as you guys interact with each other on many levels aside from the forums [MSN, OddChat, etc].

So in summary, we will be holding nominations very shortly [although it appears we might have some nominations already in this thread]. We were originally going to have a long nomination process, but perhaps a nomination period of a week would be best. Then voting of a week also. This makes it less drawn out. Nominations will be held for Fan Corner, Non-Oddworld Art and Literature and [likely] Off-Topic [although I need to discuss this with Alcar first].

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

07-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
The difference is it's a much more important release. Munch's oddysee was a flop. It was an overhyped failure. So it really is no suprise that we didn't get the anticipated "huge rush" of new members.

Yes but you can't compair then to now, because it is a completely different situation. Stranger will be a massive new game. It will be like the release of AO and AE combined. All the AO and AE fans, plus some more.
Munch's Oddysee wasn't a flop in its own right. Both that, and the fact that Microsoft did a helluva lot of advertising for Munch's Oddysee saw the huge rush. A much smaller amount of people know about the next Oddworld game, I'm afraid to say. Perhaps if EA Games decide to promote the game any time soon, the rush will equal that of Munch's Oddysee. Yes, Stranger may be better, but without promoting the game, it isn't going to be known.

:
OK let's put it another way; even with the number of moderators we have now, we still have problems. If so much as one single moderator goes off on holiday, then the entire forum is moderated by only one single moderator. When he isn't here because he is out or asleep, then there is nobody to keep things in check. With a system like THAT you are NOT going to be able to control the kind of crowds we will be getting in after Stranger is released.
Actually, I don't see a problem with it. If a Moderator leaves for a while, the events that happen while they are absent can be fixed when they return. In my experience, the only problems that occur while I am absent, seem to stem from yourself.

:
And I think you'll find yourself wanting someone to free up your schedual a bit. Even if that is just me helping out with FS&H. You need someone to handle the petty questions and arguments so you can deal with the bigger, more important forum issues and questions.

What happens if Abe Babe is away? The moment you go offline, then the questions will pile up unanswered. Then when you get back, you'll have to not only contend with the unanswered questions, but all the new ones coming in on top of those. And when you go offline again, you'll get even more.

What happens if you want to go away? What are you going to say to your parents or friends? "Sorry mate/mom, I can't go out with you, I have to stay here and babysit an internet forum"?
I am offline a lot more than I used to be. Abe Babe is offline a fair bit. Yet I still don't see a really big issue. When I come online, I reply, and sort things out. You seem to think that the new Moderators will take the place of the absence of other Moderators. However, you're implying that the new Moderators don't have a social life either, and don't want to get out and do things. I'm sure they'd want to do things to. So where do we draw the line? Or do we just add a new Moderator everytime someone's away?

I'm sorry, but the line has been drawn.

:
So on top of the now burgeoning activity of FS&H, you'll also have to be updating Oddworld Universe? All the more reason to call in extra help I'd say.
It has been no problem in the past. I see no problems in the future. How about you let those that know what happens access the situation. You are, relatively, a newbie. You haven't been here long enough to access the trends the forums have undergone. So by what means do you have to support your defence?

:
WE feel we need new moderators. WE are discussing it. You're not the only one around here who is able detect the need for a new mod.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious you feel you need new Moderators. But I don't see the need for more Moderators. As far as I'm concerned, we have too many Moderators at the moment, especially for a small forum such as the Oddworld Forums.

:
NO, you're using the past to hinder you. Compairing Stranger's release to Munch's Oddysee's release some might say is like compairing apples and oranges. I'd say it's more like compairing apples and very large melons.

Yes we DO! They are small tasks now but come spring 2005, or whenever the release date for Stranger is, they will become far bigger tasks.
If people were to investigate the past more, a lot of mistakes in human history could have been avoided. But, it seems only the stupid are in power, and those stupid people, are the ignorant morons living only in the present. I look to the past, because trends are apparent. You're naive not to investigate the past.

:
I DO help out here. I'm always helping out in FS&H, making suggestions, answering questions. But soon we will need much much more than just charitable members. The reason you don't see us helping in forums in the same way a moderator helps, is because helping like a moderator is strictly reserved for the moderators. People just get told "hey you're not a mod so get lost".

I DO help out as a member. But as I stressed before, there is only so much we can do to help. We can try to reason with users, we can make suggestions, and we can answer people's questions. We can't close threads, we can't give warnings, we can't make stickied threads, and there is absolutely no authority behind anything we say to anyone.
Actually, I've hardly ever seen anyone say "you're not a Moderator, you can't do jack". Usually, a staff member would have stepped in and done what had to be done, giving thanks to those that have helped. You can help, but the Moderators are Moderators, and they are given certain abilities. As long as you correct people according to the rules, you don't have to have "powers".

:
Alcar, so far, everything we have said has been constructive. So I have no idea what you mean by saying "same old wish-wash". You don't have to repeat yourself, just listening to what we have to say and actually taking on board our point of view would be nice. Because so far, all you've done is tell us why we're wrong. You've completely denied the existance of any logic in our opinions.

And all we've been doing is trying to get you to understand where we're coming from. But you won't even do that. Attempting to reason with you is like driving into a brick wall. Once you hit it then you don't go any further. All momentum is lost, and anything good that was being done is just halted before it takes affect.
I see where you are coming from, and I have relayed my opinions on the matter. There is no reason, other than to fuel the egos of power hungry members.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

07-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
I see where you are coming from, and I have relayed my opinions on the matter. There is no reason, other than to fuel the egos of power hungry members.

Alcar...
I can't believe you said that.

After all I've done to help this forum, as far as your concerned, the most it amounts to is me being power hungry?

Right, of course, so let me get this straight... I went to all that effort to devise a new emoticon system, typed up all those suggestions for new moderators, made all those plans, graphics, and designed an entire new website with Mac for Oddlympics, because I'm power hungry?

Fuck you Alcar. Just... fuck you.
07-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

I'm shocked. Lol but you are right you have put alot of effort into the forum but for some reason i don't think Alcar directed that message to everybody.

07-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Death, you were not the only person I had intended the message to reach. And there are plenty of otehr members, who like you have contributed in many different ways. Don't overhype a situation that doesn't need to be so. Just look what happened with Munch's Oddysee.

However, you seem to think we are now in your debt. And that we should reward you. I'll not be harsh, and say what I had originally intended to say, rather, I will say that you were rewarded. You were given a custom title. Not only that, but a name change. The things you did, like myself, and every other user, are done out of free will. You should be happy that you could do those things, rather than expect a prize at the end.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

07-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

That is a good point alcar but please, can we not have another agument between you and Codek unless you want to exchange words in pm.
No more bust ups please.

07-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Death, you were not the only person I had intended the message to reach. And there are plenty of otehr members, who like you have contributed in many different ways. Don't overhype a situation that doesn't need to be so. Just look what happened with Munch's Oddysee.

However, you seem to think we are now in your debt. And that we should reward you. I'll not be harsh, and say what I had originally intended to say, rather, I will say that you were rewarded. You were given a custom title. Not only that, but a name change. The things you did, like myself, and every other user, are done out of free will. You should be happy that you could do those things, rather than expect a prize at the end.

Alcar...
Like the niave twit you are you completely fail to understand why I'm so angry at you.

You think I want to be a moderator because I'm power hungry. Right? Well what I'm saying is, you should take into consideration all those times that I've helped the forums, and maybe ask yourself if, just maybe, I might be wanting to become a moderator for the same reasons that I wanted to help the forums in all the other ways.

It angers me that you seem to think I want to be "promoted" to a moderator as a "reward" for my good efforts. Hey dumbass, maybe I want moderating to be a part of my good efforts, did you ever think about that?
07-11-2004, 03:32 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

........They never listen to kids.....

07-11-2004, 03:52 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

:
........They never listen to kids.....
Plus, you told a mod what to do. That's funny.

07-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

Killa, must you reply to every single post with pretty pointless remarks?

:
As far as I'm concerned, we have too many Moderators at the moment, especially for a small forum such as the Oddworld Forums.
I agree. probably because I'm used to bigger forums which have 2 admins, then only 3 other moderators, who are all Super mods.

07-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Oy, this is getting gruesome. Can we stop the fighting and share the good Mac love?

C'mon everybody...forum-wide hug...

07-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yay!

*gives big Mac Dog the love he deserves*
07-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

I dunno why I bother really. *shrug*

It's all a crime one way or the other.
07-11-2004, 11:13 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Don't feel bad, Codek.

You were able to bring members of OWF together in a way I've never seen.

-oddguy

07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Don't feel bad, Codek.

You were able to bring members of OWF together in a way I've never seen.

-oddguy
You're right, it's not a total loss. I don't really feel bad, but I'm a bit disappointed that this didn't really come to anything after it started out looking so positive.

It looks like we'll be getting a new OT mod, and a few in the fan/art/literature related sections.

What's most likely to happen is, SeaRex will get the fan section, and someone like Hobo or Mac will get OT.

It's not exactly the result of the century as far as I'm concerned. There is still a chance for me to run for moderator in OT, but there is no way I'm going to get the slot. Who the hell would vote for me? Nobody, nobody wants me to moderate anything, because I'm apparantly a power hungry egotist. Wonderful.
07-11-2004, 11:25 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
There is still a chance for me to run for moderator in OT, but there is no way I'm going to get the slot. Who the hell would vote for me? Nobody, nobody wants me to moderate anything, because I'm apparantly a power hungry egotist. Wonderful.
Well, we know Alcar won't vote for you...but you have other people who like you here.

-oddguy

07-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Pfft, sure people like me. Most people do. But do people really like me so much that they would want me to moderate OT?

The answer is no, probably not. Regardless of how good I might be at moderating that forum...

Which has caused me to come up with a very radical idea. Test moderators. All our candidates get their moderating spot for 1 week, and at the end of that week, the members must vote for the ones they thought were best at it.

I think I would feel more comfortable voting for people that way. You never know how some people will react to becoming a moderator.
07-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

I haven't spoken to Abe Babe about the Off-Topic Discussion Moderator, but it seems Majic has expressed his belief that a new one would be great, due to time away, or something similiar. So more than likely Off-Topic Discussion will be added to the list.

As for those who will end up Moderator, well, we'll have to wait and see. However, cut the talk of who you will be voting for. In the rules regarding Moderator voting / nominations, telling others who you voted for was against the rules. If I see it any more, I will have to warn people, as it is unfair.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

07-11-2004, 04:23 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

This may turn out good after all. Thanks, Alcar. You da man!

-oddguy

07-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Off Topic would help out a good deal. When the school year starts, chances are, I'll be away even more. And, though I may be wrong here, DI seems to come in spurts.

And Codek... don't do the self pity thing. Please. You were almost sounding like my mom for a minute, pulling the "JFI" (Just forget it). If something goes against what she wants or hopes, she says "Just forget it". Then she's in a foud mood and prone to heavy arguments for the next few hours. In fact, you remind me a good deal of my mom Except, instead of applying outrageous unreason to reasonable situations, you add way more reason and detail to a reasonable situation. Not trying to be offensive, but you two seem to be destined or something