Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

08-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Pinky, I have been busting at the seams to list my grievances to all of you and end this mess... but everyone knows deep inside that what I say would be instantly denied for the sole reason of protecting the ego and stature. Let's see how things go...

08-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
Won't you tell the people the REAL reason you founded the forums?
It was world domination wasn't it, Sydney? Wasn't it? You sicken me...

:
people aren't cold and callous like you in the real world
They arn't cold and callous. They just handled things immensly stupidly. You want cold and callous? You should know whom i know...very malicious people...

:
We are NOT!
I believe that the word 'NOT' could be emphasised a little bit more...so, here i go...NOT!! DAMN YOU ALL, WE ARE NOT!! SO SHUT UP...NOW...ALL OF YOU...>>NOT<<

:
Can we know what Sydman did already?
Cant you pull a few strings with the almighty, try and find out the seedy background. Go on, your holy...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Just what does the reasoning behind the creation of the forums have to do with its current worth? It's like saying the child of a criminal should be shunned...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

08-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
[BDon't get me wrong. The world is a very beautiful place.[/B]
Will you please stop the grandiose posturing and gain some perspective? This has nothing to do with the world. It is a small dispute between small people. We do not need the metaphors and rhetoric. Just tell us what (you claim) Sydney has done. How could it do any harm?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I cant believe this has happened. I was on Oddchat last night when all of this happened. And I didnt really comprehend at the moment what was truly going on but I remember that Syd had banned two people Morgo I think that was Joe the Intern, and someone else I heard from somewhere they were doing something bad, or just voicing their opinions, though before I left I remember Syd saying he was banning them, and I just brushed it off, I pray that this can be resolved, I feel like the forums are falling apart around us all.

God be with us all.

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-17-2002 at 02:43 PM..
08-17-2002, 10:39 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

:
Originally posted by Jacob

I do actually find this quite amusing. Imagine it now, Sydney sat eating some...erm...food. And then you hear a car slowly moving down the street, you look out of the window and see Justin and Abe Babe staring out of the window of their car and looking at the house, upon noticing somebody has realised they were there...they quickly speed off.

That'd be quite a good film, just add a couple of slaughtered bodies along the way and we have a blockbuster...
Yeah and add the background music "Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun!" Oh and wait, they decide to back up to see if sydman is still looking out the window and he is with a scary expression on his face (dun dun duuuun) and they speed off. Suspense....

08-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

WEll *cough* I don't know Jacobs ip for oddchat, I don't think he'd be doing it. As far as I could even know he wouldn't give a second thought. But lets not discuss this all right now. Besides, we don't want some random thing coming up now. It was technicly 4 of us regualr forumers who actualy caused this.
08-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

First off, I am reading a lot of people saying I gave Justin the Super Moderator position because he's a friend of mine. Even Sydney can back me up in saying that it was given to him because he provided server space for the forums at a time it was needed.

Now, does anyone remember a poll that was here not long after we moved to the vBulletin software. The poll was asking to vote for your favorite Administrator. For some reason Danny was also included, but that's beside the point. The last I saw of the poll was that (and I am honestly not just saying this, I swear) I was voted well ahead. The next thing I know, the poll has been deleted. Not closed like topics usually are, but deleted. It must have been by Sydney, for what reason I do not know (perhaps because it was a silly topic, but maybe for other reasons).

I bought that up for a reason. Everyone here is saying Sydney has always been their favorite Administrator or the best. But obviously at the time of the poll he was not. What if the situation were reversed, and I was in Sydney's position? I am sure Sydney would have been seen as the bad guy and everyone feeling sorry for me. It's human nature ... side with everyone else, or side with the person who seems like wrong has been done to them. I'm not saying everyone who is against us is like this, but I'm just meaning that many would have different views if the situation were reversed.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-17-2002, 10:44 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
WEll *cough* I don't know Jacobs ip for oddchat, I don't think he'd be doing it. As far as I could even know he wouldn't give a second thought. But lets not discuss this all right now. Besides, we don't want some random thing coming up now. It was technicly 4 of us regualr forumers who actualy caused this.

Long live this topic...
4 regular forumers who caused this? (You probably answered this earlier)

08-17-2002, 10:45 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
God be with us all.
Heheheh. Lucifer has us now child...

Also, i haven't used any sexual slurs, have i? And anyway, i dont go on Oddchat...i tend to believe i am too superior for that...my shallowness

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-17-2002, 10:45 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Al said:
"God be with us all."
Yeah, because if there was a God, I'm sure he would be concerned with the status of a forum and the conflict between it's members...Everyone knows he would be too busy fighting fires and freeing tibet, anyway.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-17-2002, 10:50 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR

4 regular forumers who caused this? (You probably answered this earlier)

Jesus....Yes pinky.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Well Im sorry, Disgruntled Intern, but God can be with all of us especially when people tend to fight with eachother its not the best thing for there souls, I just am a religious person, and God can always comfort us.
08-17-2002, 10:54 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
Now, does anyone remember a poll that was here not long after we moved to the vBulletin software. The poll was asking to vote for your favorite Administrator. For some reason Danny was also included, but that's beside the point. The last I saw of the poll was that (and I am honestly not just saying this, I swear) I was voted well ahead. The next thing I know, the poll has been deleted. Not closed like topics usually are, but deleted. It must have been by Sydney, for what reason I do not know (perhaps because it was a silly topic, but maybe for other reasons).
Of course I deleted it. For the obvious reason that it was a topic serving no point but to pick favourites. I can't believe you're having a go at me about this. I paid little attention to the topic, and would have expected you to delete it too, regardless of who was "winning".
:
I bought that up for a reason. Everyone here is saying Sydney has always been their favorite Administrator or the best. But obviously at the time of the poll he was not. What if the situation were reversed, and I was in Sydney's position? I am sure Sydney would have been seen as the bad guy and everyone feeling sorry for me. It's human nature ... side with everyone else, or side with the person who seems like wrong has been done to them. I'm not saying everyone who is against us is like this, but I'm just meaning that many would have different views if the situation were reversed.
Of course people would have sided with you had I committed tremendous injustices against you.

08-17-2002, 11:08 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern

Jesus....Yes pinky.
No I skipped one or two post and those might be the post when they talked about the regular members.

Vykker, join the club

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 08-17-2002 at 03:10 PM..
08-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
Well Im sorry, Disgruntled Intern, but God can be with all of us especially when people tend to fight with eachother its not the best thing for there souls, I just am a religious person, and God can always comfort us.
I believe that Disgruntled was basically saying;

"Shut the Hell up...Its annoying(!)"

If not, then im saying it.

And can we just get down to the ACTUAL cause of things please!! WHY-WAS-HE-RAPED-OF-HIS-POSITION-OF-ADMIN!?!?!?!?!?!!?
I dont want no metaphors etc, just please...please state!!
Im sure Sydney wont mind...

08-18-2002, 12:08 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Well Jacob why dont you shut the hell up, no one wants to hear you you are annoying if anything, and maybe you should have been there to know why he was stripped of his power and duties.
08-18-2002, 12:08 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Nov 2001
: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

Can't we all just get along again? Put the past behind us and move on.
08-18-2002, 12:29 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

im with Surfacing, lets just get along people, its only right
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-18-2002, 12:32 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
(1)Well Jacob why dont you shut the hell up,(2) no one wants to hear you (3)you are annoying if anything,(4) and maybe you should have been there to know why he was stripped
(1) - Why dont you (You see how this could go on into infinity?)

(2) - Thats your opinion...

(3) - Ahhh yes...This is were i patronise you and say "Of course"

(4) - HE WAS STRIPPED!? Now, taking his Admin powers away is one thing, but stripping him...Al, i dont think you should be bragging about stripping a 17 yr old person...do you?

08-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)
"Blasphemy"

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Here is our basic list of grievances:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh by the way, it's good to see some levelheadedness Surfacing and Kaimana! I want only to see this end.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh my, where to start? Okay, First of all, these forums were not started out of the goodheartedness of a regular Oddworld Fan. Sydney, past member of the "Exoddus Club" (a private Yahoo club) had some unpleasantness with the admin of that group. It got so bad, that Sydney's vengeance lead him to create an Oddworld Community of his own... Oddworldian and the accompannying forums are not as much a symbol of Oddworld as they are of Sydney's own vengeance. I am not trying to badmouth or persuade you here; I simply tell you the ugly truth. Over the past few months... you are aware of course that these forums are run on my server. I own the computer itself, along with the supporting internet connection which, alone, is 175.00 a month. I gave the space to him, as well as Peter and Kristen out of the Kindness of my heart. It pains me to live in a world in which nobody cares for their fellow man. You could say I feel spiritually fulfilled... You most likely know from personal experience that life can get you down and depressed sometimes. Well, Sydney, coupled with his already paranoid attitude, began coming depressed. Almost needless to say, he started thinking he needed to stomp on the little people in order to make himself feel better. I saw this happenning, and despite all he's done to us (which I will tell you in a minute) I offered all of my help and support. Really, I felt bad for the poor guy. I still do. If it's anything that can clear this mess up, it's understanding and compassion. I fear... I fear that these people involved do not know how to get in touch with that inside themselves, though it is there. Call me and the others revolutionaries.. call us terrorists, call us whatever. We are only standing up for ourselves and the equal treatment of our fellow forumers!! Depsite all that has been thrown around, my intentions were never to "take over" these forums. I am deeply saddened that people would think so, though I expected to create waves with what I did. Anyway, I spoke truths in that original announcement that people just don't want to believe because it is outside the boundaries of their comfortable little world. It's the truth.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp After the Odd Tour, he found that we were nearby his house in Sydney, Australia. OH! We can't have that!! His paranoia automatically kicks in and assumes that we are "after him." I sent him many PMs offerring my true help and explaining how sorry we were about driving briefly near his house (which it turned out wasn't even the right house). He took what I said in the PMs, reworded my sentences, and sent them to Kristen and Peter without my knowledge in a vain attempt to turn them against me... to turn us against each other.
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp He has even spoken of plans of leaving the Forums anyway!! Can you believe that? Life goes on... and the lesson is: No matter how hard you try and no matter what you do, you're always going to have people who hate you. End of discussion.

08-18-2002, 01:13 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Okay, I probably shouldn't be getting into this, but oh well...

Now, this situation was weird, but some of you are taking it way out of proportion. Now, I know that these forums have the occasional "wars", but this is the biggest one I've seen, and it's over a little thing. Now can you please resolve this like adults? It would be greatly appreciated by many...

And Jacob, I love reading your responses. They are truthful yet funny, and I often find myself laughing out loud. Keep it up; they're very amusing, and I hope they open some people's eyes...*cough*

EDIT: Man, almost every single member on the forums now is watching this "battle"!

-Mac

Last edited by Mac the Janitor; 08-17-2002 at 05:18 PM..
08-18-2002, 01:20 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I agree with Surfacing and Al the Vykker. Why can't we all just get along. Well put words Surfaceing. I have alweys considered myself the pieceful and careing member in these forums. I have never gotten mad or angry with anyone unless it was insulting me but I can forgive and forget. I too am a religious man. I have to because I am a Catholic. I feel sorry for people who don't know him as I do.

Anyway my point is that we need to stop these terrable things we say to one another that possably hurt others feelings and cause enamys among one another. Why do these horrible things happen? Because we just don't care. Am I right? Yes.

I feel if this keeps happening then these forums will be no more. I don't want to see such a cool place as the OW forums dissappear just because of this. I have friends I have never even met in person here like Al The Vykker, Mitsur, and many others. And that for me is cool. To be abel to talk to people who live hundreds of thousands of miles from each other. Total strangers. It's a wonderful thing. Yes it is only a forum on the internet but there are real people behind the words written here. And some of you were lucky to meet some members. I hope I could someday.

The bottom line is that we need to stop this madness and just be friends again spite of the statases we occupy. As Al put it "May God be with us all."

08-18-2002, 01:21 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
had some unpleasantness with the admin of that group.
O-M-G!! He's a mini-Jacob!! I thought better of you, Sydney. Turns out your just like me (Only less cold, calous and malicious.)

:
It got so bad, that Sydney's vengeance lead him to create an Oddworld Community of his own
The story unfolds...interesting...

:
Oddworldian and the accompannying forums are not as much a symbol of Oddworld as they are of Sydney's own vengeance.
Ahhh well. Heheheh.

:
as well as Peter
I dont get why Alcar's being dragged into this? He has nowt to do with it apart from being a newly appointed mod.

:
Well, Sydney, coupled with his already paranoid attitude, began coming depressed.
After depression comes the homocidal tendencies...Watch out.

:
he started thinking he needed to stomp on the little people in order to make himself feel better.
It does make you feel better...

:
call us terrorists, call us whatever
Erm...I'll call you Oddworld Fanatics...

:
we are after him. And we're going to get him, and eat his eye balls...ha...hahaha...haaaaa
Your sick. But seriously...you have to see the funny side.

:
(which it turned out wasn't even the right house).
I can see it now; A little old lady at the window, watching the car go by. On the side of the car, painted in red...or...blood, is the sentence "We're after you...Sydney." puzzling the old Lady.

:
He took what I said in the PMs, reworded my sentences,
What was sent;

'I never meant no harm, i didn't even know we were near your house until you said so. My apologies.'

What they were re-worded to;

'We're gonna get you. Just like we got your Hen...Heh...Watch your back...boy.'

Its tragic...

:
No matter how hard you try and no matter what you do, you're always going to have people who hate you.
And the moral is;

'Dont try...'

08-18-2002, 01:23 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Justin, you're a victim of the rumourmill, and I'm even questioning your honesty in regards to your first paragraph. The Exoddus Club is old news and I've long since mended the ties I have between me and that group of all-round good people. It has long since been established that I created Oddworld Forums some time before the disagreements began at the Exoddus Club, but that's hardly going to stop you from trying to taint my image now, is it? You are a deceptive little troll.

One of your major problems is that you believe you have a heightened perception of the world. You analyse things, become obsessed, and come to bizarre conclusions you treat as gospel. You make speculations about my personal life, you twist them, and use them against me. I think it's clear to everyone here that it's you who is mentally unstable.

Justin, the last part of your post are distorted truths and you know it. I told Peter something intensely private a few weeks ago, unrelated to forum management, and I trusted him not to tell anyone. I had reason to believe he had leaked what I told him, and in an effort to determine if he had, I used a quote from one of your messages. I added a brief couple of words to the end of the sentence, which was wrong of me, but it didn't affect the outcome of what you said anyway. To suggest that I did it in an attempt to turn you against each other is a filthy lie. It turns out that Alcar was never to be trusted anyway.