Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

06-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
MAIN: The Plot Thickens... (Dramatic Music)

Selten slowly came around, not remembering at first what had happened. He felt a tingling in the fingers of his left hand, and his back was quite sore, but it was a few seconds before he remembered the events of a few hours ago...

He opened his eyes, slowly. The light wasn't too bright. He'd been expecting bright lights, although he couldn't say why. With effort, he turned his head to one side. He saw several pieces of expensive-looking medical equipment, and remembered seeing similar equipment in Olm's cellar. He wondered where Olm was, and turned his head again, to take in the rest of the room. He was surprised to see the Mayor sitting on a chair beside his bed.

"We weren't sure if you'd make it for a while..."

Selten tried to speak, but his throat was too dry. The Mayor reached over, and held out a glass of water. Selten tried to sit up, so he could drink it, but was unable to lever himself off the bed, and just fell over onto his left side. Something felt wrong, and his left hand was hurting badly. Looking down, he saw nothing but a bandaged stump where his left arm had been...

"Selten, lie down. Your arm was badly infected, and the doctors were forced to amputate it... You've lost a lot of blood, so try to relax..."

Selten opened his mouth to speak, but all that escaped was a low moan, and he sank back down onto the bed. Reaching over with his right hand, he took the glass of water, and downed it, spilling quite a bit across the pillow. "Where...?"

"It doesn't matter where you are, the important thing is that you're going to be okay." The Mayor paused, looking down at Selten. "Can you tell us anything about the thing that attacked you? Jagger and Trey have told me some things, but it was dark. They said it'd been following you, so I thought maybe you'd got a better look at it..."

Selten shook his head, slowly. "Armour... Couldn't see it clearly..."

The Mayor looked thoughtful for a second, then called out. "Two!" A very pale green mudokon with an absent expression entered through a door behind the Mayor, and stood behind him. The Mayor turned back to Selten. "Get some rest. We'll talk some more when you've recovered..." He slid backwards, and Selten realised that he was sitting in a wheelchair. As the mudokon turned the chair around and began to wheel it from the room, Selten levered himself up with his arm. "Wait!"

The mudokon froze, and (at a signal from the Mayor) turned the wheelchair to face Selten again. "Make it quick," the Mayor said, "You're not ready for too much exertion yet..."

"I spoke with Spider!"

The Mayor's face went stony. "Leave us, Two." The mudokon left again, and the Mayor wheeled himself closer to Selten. "When was this?"

"Before the attack... I was with them in the forest outside Pyke."

"Them?"

Selten swallowed. "Spider and Olm and a couple of others."

"Where are they now?"

Selten half-turned away. He couldn't bring himself to lie to his oldest friend, but he knew that Olm and Spider were considered criminals, and would be arrested if they were caught. In the end, he told what was technically the truth. "I don't know. They were on the move in the forest when I left to come and see you..."

The Mayor seemed disappointed, but gestured to Selten to go on. "What did you talk about?"

Selten licked his lips. What if it isn't true? he thought What will he think of me? "They said that you'd been... That you'd been conducting business with a Vykker..."

The Mayor seemed to relax, but looked puzzled. "Is that all? Yes, I hired the sligs from a Vykker. The sligs that are, as we speak, keeping this town safe. That's all."

Could that be it? Could this all be just a misunderstanding? "They also said that you were, well, power-hungry... That you just cared more for your own power than for Pyke..."

The Mayor smiled, his expression one of tolerance, but also sadness. "Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?"

"What?"

The Mayor sighed. "They are on the run. It is only natural that they will try and make themselves appear to be in the right..." He put a hand on Selten's shoulder. "I know they're essentially good people, but the Law is the Law. We can't make exceptions whenever we want..."

"You can!" Selten heard himself sounding like a petulant child, but didn't care. "You're in charge! You can change the Law!"

"If I did that whenever I felt like it, what would be the point in having the Law?"

Selten remembered himself uttering this self-same argument to Spider, and nodded. "Okay, yes. The Law is the Law..."

The Mayor smiled and turned to wheel himself out. "Good boy."

Selten was silent until the Mayor was almost out of the room, when he spoke up one more time. "So it's not true, then?"

"No, old friend. It is not."

Selten smiled and sank back into the pillow...

"Maybe it would have been better if he had, ehe, 'died in surgery'..."

The Mayor turned to the Vykker beside him. "Selten is an old friend, and I will not kill him unless it is absolutely necessary."

Coombes sighed. "I just hope you're right about him..."

"Of course I'm right." The Mayor turned back to look at Selten's sleeping form. "Selten is still on our side, whatever those criminals tell him. He wouldn't want to believe what they said, even if it was true..."

"Either way, it is clear that it is no longer safe for me here." Coombes strolled from the room, the Mayor following, pushed by the pale mudokon. "I am wasting my time here anyway. I had hoped that Malice would show up here again, but it looks unlikely. I will return to Carthag, and resume my search from there." He turned to the Mayor. "Thank you for your assistance."

"You are most welcome. What will happen to the garrison?"

"They are yours now, it's not up to me. If they choose to stay, then they shall."

The Mayor smiled. "Thank you. If I catch Spider, I'll be sure to send him to you."

It was Coombes's turn to smile. "I'll leave at once. Two, inform One and Three to gather my belongings and meet me at the west gate in fifteen minutes. Farewell, mayor..." He left the room. The mudokon known as Two closed its eyes for a second, then followed the Vykker. The Mayor was left to his thoughts...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

06-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Mumbling to himself hurridly Tobias carefully pulled on his trousers. His hair was itchy and full of grease, annoying his scalp like some sort of small insect. A gasp escaped the Orkhids lips as he felt a twinge coming from his chest, looking down at his torso he ran a lone index finger down the middle. He had, had a close encounter with Death as it were, barely surviving the fall but also the Hunters that had tracked him down relentlessly. He shook these negative thoughts of the past from his head and proceeded to pull up his trousers, grabbing his belt he wrapped it around quickly and buckled it.

Tobias: "Shirt, shirt, shirt...where is it?"

He whispered these words, not wanting to alert anyone of what was going on. But he couldn't find this item of clothing and after 2 and abit minuites of checking finally gave up and began to put his boots on. After tying up the laces he snatched his Machete from the chair that it lay on, shoving it into the back of his trousers and quickly made a bee-line towards the door. His breathing seemed to slow down as he carefully twisted the door knob of his room and poked his head outside, noting that the coast was clear Tobias slowly made his way out into the hallway, passing all the other rooms that were available. And then he came to his old room, the room were he had been attacked. Taking a deep breath and attempting to walk past it to the stairwell Tobias had a flashback, the vision black and white but it was in 3D glory with immersive surround sound.

Hunter: "Kilik, kilik Tobiás!!"

His hand shot out and grabbed the wall, palm down, to steady himself. His eyes seemed to roll back to the back of his skull and he slowly dropped down to his knees. Snarling, trying to regain his composure and fight the vision.

Tobias: "F*ck you..."

He felt himself being propelled out of the window, feeling the wood shatter as his back made contact. Feeling random splinters enter his skin.
*Coughs
He finally escaped the re-inaction. Coughing wildly and hoarsly he doubled over. Both hands placed firmly on the wood surface as he spat up more blood. His nose was bleeding and his head hurt, he was feeling his essence drain out of him and his Elai could not keep producing more blood or internal tissue for long. He dabbed his mouth with the back of his hand and slowly made his way down the stairs snorting the blood back up his nose as he did so. Dizzyness had devoured him for this short amount of time and he was now forced to lean on the wall.
Now coming to the ground floor he scanned the area, breathing in the air that entered through the open windows. Tables and chairs were all arranged in a orderly fashion and he took a step towards the exit. He could see it clearly and made that the only thing that mattered. The cool breeze made goose-bumps form on his naked torso and arms. He brung a hand back to the rear of his pants and grasped the handle of the Machete. His fingers tensed firmly around the rubbery handle. His eyes locked straight ahead, his breathing seemed to halt for what seemed like hours as he watched the exit slowly draw closer. His legs going from wobbly to steady he made a final effort to break through the doorway, that he did.
Upon exiting his eyes went erratic, darting around the vicinity, checking to see if his hunters were anywhere to be seen. They weren't and quickly he submerged himself into the shadows...and then towards the forest.

(OOC: BLAH(!) By the by, a 'Elai' is basically the Orkhids internal Organ that allows them to regenerate to quickly. It produces black cells (Which is basically why the Orkhids blood is black) that go to the injuries and heal them.)

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-03-2002, 08:17 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Abandoned Shack Outside Pyke

Night has now fallen completely, and a fire is alight outstide the old shack. Spider sits apon his trolley, which has been moved by the fireside, eating a roasted Parathon carcas. Blue and Olm sit beside Spider's trolley with a nice large pile of various fruits which they picked off the nearby vegetation. Blue gets out her staff, and cleans it with some boiling water, which she takes off the fire in a pot, and then she spears a large apple in the very tip of her staff's blade, which she cooks over the fire.
Olm peels a strange orange-like friut and begins to eat it, quite enjoying this little fireside feast.
"Shame Dementa can't be enjoying this with us." He says.
"Yeah." Spider says before swallowing a mouthful. "But we might be here for a while. There'll be plenty more nights like this to come. . ."
"Provided it doesn't rain." Blue says.
Some of her more serious wounds are covered in bandages and plasters now.
As for the shack, the carcases have all been removed to a large pile in the nearby clearing (both Olm and Blue took a while to move them all there), the roof has been proped back up with some large sticks inside, and the hole in the wall has been patched up by the old and battered door. However, the shack doesn't yet have a new door to it. A bright lantern is lit inside the shack, casting a warm yellow glow through the small gaps between the planks in the walls, and through the windows and the open door.
Blue spears her fifth large apple on the end of her staff, and cooks it over the fire. Spider has nearly finished his roast carcas, and Olm is now eating some strange purple pear-shaped fruit.
Over time, they converse about what happend to them in the past, how they came to Pyke, and about technology. Eventaully, they finish eating, and spend the next hour or so star gazing and talking. Eventaully, they head back into the shack and make themselves as comfortable as possible, before going to sleep.
- DH

06-04-2002, 07:12 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

(OOC: if this doesn't fit into the story very well, just tell me. I'll gladly delete this post and try again later.)

Lars was starting to feel a little light headed when he found the old shack. Blood was rushing down a huge gash in his arm, and he didn't know how much longer he could stay concious. The fact that he had lost his prized Elum hadn't helped him much, either.
"A smoldering fire!", he thought, "Someone must live here!"
Using the last of his remaining energy he sheaved his bludgened knife and hobbled over to the delapitated cabin. Lars began to wildly beat on the wall of the shack with his good arm.
"Help me! For the love of the world, help me! Someone! You can't let me bleed to death! Please... please..."

He collapses to the ground.
06-04-2002, 09:51 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Blue is sitting infront of a computer in the middle of a strange room. The room has no windows or doors, apart from a spiral staircase in the floor, and a big large window, showing lots of stars.
"Captain!" A voice says beside her.
As she looks to her left, she sees a strange mudokon shaped insect person, looking much like the alien who visited Pyke last year, sitting at another computer console.
"The Goliath is closing in on us, Captain! She arming her torpedos!" Says the strange alien.
She can now see a huge vykker pod through the big window, comming straight towards the room. It shoots at the room, making it shake voilently, before swerving off out of view. Alarms go off and red lights start flashing.
"They shot at us!" Says another strange alien sitting at a computer console to the right of Blue. This alien is much like the one sitting to the left of her, expect that he is a very dark grey in colour, with red markings.
"A brilliant observation, Max!" Says the yellow and black alien sitting to her left.
"Don't just sit there, Captain! Do something!" He glances briefly at the screen on his console, and then back up to Blue.
"ARGH!! She's comming round again!!"
"Give me a damage report!" Blue hears herself saying.
"All weapon systems out! All sheild systems out!" A synthetic voice says behind her.
As she swivels her chair around to see who is talking to her, she sees that a blue cyborg is sitting at the large console behind her. Another mudokon shaped creature is sitting next to the cyborg, but this one is less insect like, is flesh coloured, and has red hair. Blue notices that she is a female.
"I'd basicly say we're sitting ducks, Captain!" Says the cyborg.
"What do you suggest we do, Ma'am?" Says the yellow and black alien. She swivels her chair around to face him.
Blue looks back up to the window, and sees that it is now filled by a large purple ball, surrounded by 'belt' of floating rocks.
"Evasive actoin! Hide!" She hears herself say.
"But ma'am! That'd take us into the asteroid belt! It'd be suicide!" Says the alien called Max.
"Alright! We'll risk certain death in the asteroid belt! Hurry!"
"Yes Ma'am!" Says the yellow and black alien.
The asteroid belt appears to come larger as they all go towards it.
"Why is it taking us so long?" Blue asks the cyborg behind her.
"Our warp drive is losing power!" It says.
Loud bangs are heard suddenly from behind her. The power goes out and everything bursts into flames. Blue closes her eyes tightly, as the room shakes from side to side.
"Help me! For the love of the world, help me! Someone! You can't let me bleed to death! Please... please..."
She hears a voice say from just outside the room, so it seems.
"Blue!!" Another voice says from within the room. However, this one sounds familier. "Blue! Wake up!"

-----------------------------------------

"Blue!"
Olm is shaking Blue from side to side. She opens her eyes to see that the lamp in the shack has been lit, and it is still dark outside.
"Mmmm? What?" She mumbles.
"Theres someone outside!" Olm says.
"Ugh. . ." Blue climbs out of her sleeping bag, and covers herself with a large towel, which she ties round herself. She picks up her shorts which are on the floor, reaches into thier pocket, and pulls out her staff.
"Stay here." She tells Olm before heading outside.
Looking around the outside of the shack, she finds a pale mudokon with a purple mowhawk knealing on the ground. He is clutching a rather serious gash in his arm, and looks to be bleeding to death rather quickley. Sencing that he wouldn't last much longer, she thinks to herself that she must to something immediately, and puts her spear down.
"Sorry about this. . ." She says.
Abandoning her modesty and ignoring the shocked look the mudokon gives her, she takes off her towel, rolls it up, and ties it tightly around his arm just above the gash to stop the blood flow.
After she does so, she picks him up and carries him into the shack.
"Olm, you need to help this guy! He's dying!"
She lies him down on a table near the side of the wall, as Olm takes out a medi kit from a draw below Spider's trolley, and rushes over with his medical kit to help him. Blue quickley goes outside to retrieve her staff.
"Jeeze. . . This is a nasty wound." Mutters Olm.
"Yeah." Blue says as she comes back in. She goes over to where she was sleeping and grabs a pillow, and then she take it over to Olm and the mudokon, lifts his head up and shoves the pillow underneath it.

(OOC: Whew! Longest post I've ever done! Expect the dream bit wasn't really nessesary, but oh well. . .)
- DH

06-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: um...heeelllllloooo....could we speed things up here? I need Dementa back up and running before I can really do anything....)

Spider stirred when Blue removed the drawer from under neath him. He liftedhis head and opened his eyes only just enough to see what was going on.
Seeing that Blue and Olm were helping someone, he just put his head back down to go back to sleep.
Wonder if the poor lad is another victim of the Mayor's corruption... he thought idly as he drifted off to sleep.

(ooc: Chris...I have a plot idea...but I need to know what ya going to do with Tobias ultimately. Tried to PM ya but ye box is full again last I checked...ya really should clean that out more often...)

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

06-05-2002, 08:24 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Lars slowly drifted in and out of conciousness for a while. Sweat moistened his brough.
"I shouldn't have--"
Something cut his thoughts short. In the back of his mind he could feel the presence of of someone around him. He struggles to open his eyes.
"Who... where am I? The shack... my arm. Who are you?"
06-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Panting and out of breath Tobias staggered into many a object. Grazing himself and slowly drawing more blood out of his body. Collapsing the Orkhid turned and looked in the direction he came from, fearful of what may be coming.

Hunter #1: "Veckso...Veckso Tobias."

Hunter #2: "Inquitos, Kilik Tobias, kilik nauq(!)"

The two creatures met in the middle of the village, able to smell their prey they both rushed towards the woodland were they had once already been. Their main objective complete they had disgarded their comunication tools as they happened to slow them both down. And now, they were hunting...hunting for the creature who had killed one of his companions...Treachery was a sin to the Hunters, a sin punishable by that of Death.

Seeing what looked like his hunters Tobias stumbled to his feet and ran, ran as fast as his torn legs could carry him. His trousers were ripped to shreds, bits and pieces of them left on shards of bushes and twigs. Leaving his scent everywhere. But Tobias was oblivious to this, and merely wanted refuge...some place that could protect him from the Hunters wrath. Some place that could cover his scent from the predators...And thats when he saw it, a stack of dead bodies...Parathons. Tobias thanked the Gods and squeezed himself into the pile, the squelching of the corpses made him a bit queasy but he was safe...he hoped.

Hunter #2: "Tobias..."

It picked up a snagged piece of rag between its thumb and fore finger. Benethe its mask it smiled, smiled a smile of pure triumph. They had him, the rag smelt of blood and perspiration...it was the typical smell of a dying and exhausted animal. One on the brink of death. The creatures did not care to run and waste more energy on something they were able to catch with ultimate ease. They merely bimbled along, gliding through the forest leaves and brushing twigs from their path. Finally they came to were they started, the mental depiction already built. They could see, see everything. Especially the shack.

Hunter #2: "Bekan...Bekan ekres."

It stated that it had 'Been here' and knew the layout. Continuing to tell its Hunting partner that a group of creatures was in the small shack...vulnerable and weak. Its kin nodded, assuming that Tobias had took refuge in the small wooden, hole ridden building and proceeded upto the 'Packaging' of their food.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-05-2002, 10:13 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Blue pulls on her top and her shorts, and begins to introduce everyone to Lars. "I'm Blue. This is Olm, and him over there-"
She points to Spider. However, Olm suddenly interrupts her.
"Shh!" He says as he listens. "I think there's someone coming!"
Blue listens hard, and hears very quiet footsteps. Blue quickley runs to the door to see who it is. . .
Blue gasps in shock when she sees the two hunters in the bright moon light advance towards the shack.
"Whats wrong, Blue?" Olm asks her. But Blue takes no notice and instead runs straight over to Spider, and shakes him violently.
"Spider! Wake up!!"
He stirrs and opens his eyes.
"Uh? What?" He mumbles.
"That dude in the armour has come back again!! And he's bought a FRIEND!!!"

(OOC: Chris, Rach has told me that she will write the next post. She said that you probably know what she is gonna do with Spider, but she asks to let her write it. . .)
- DH

06-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: K'z)

06-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

"Ah crap..." Spider mumbled as he straightened himself up. I'm pretty sure I can take out one...but I don't know about the other... He thought. "Blue, get the kid out of my line of fire...and be ready with your staff...just in case. Olm...stay back."
Blue and Olm nodded and cleared the path between Spider and the incoming Hunters. When he could tell that they were right outside he called out:
"Go away! You don't know what yer dealin' with here!"
The two Hunters, from what they could see through the holes in the shack, looked at each other and seemed to laugh.
"Don' make me hurt you!" Spider warned again, this time accessing his powers and charged up; faint arcs of electricity moving over his body.
Again, the Hunters seemed to laugh and proceeded to rip their way through the door and into the shack.
Spider didn't hesitate, with a loud howl he cut loose with a single bolt of electricity, hitting one of the Hunter's square in the chest. The force of the blow threw the Hunter back about 10 feet and it convulsed on the ground, screaming in agony a moment before laying still. The second Hunter had stopped its attack...confused at what had just happened.
"Metal and electricity don't go well together creep..." Spider growled, charging for a second bolt, "Leave before you suffer yer buddies fate."
The surviving Hunter, having not yet suffered injury during its assignment, roared with rage and started to charge. Spider had to cut loose again, blasting it out of the shack. Unfortunately, Spider didn't have the time to build up the charge for a letal blow that time so it was only stunned.
Spider laid down, exhausted and weakened. "Blue...." he panted as he lost his grip on his powers, "That one is only stunned...and I don't have the energy for another bolt...."
"Right." Blue said as she took up position inbetween Spider and the stunned Hunter....

(ooc: That ok Chris? I can change things if need be....)

06-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Growling the Hunter sat up sharply. Its whole body was warmer than usual and smoke was drifting from the scorched metal. Looking down the creature realised that the metal that covered the torso was burnt and split, bearing its fleshy skin. Short blasts of sound came from its mouth as it called to its mate...who never responded. Turning its head it saw the other Hunter lying on its back, whisps of electricity darting over the metal that covered its body. Slowly the Hunter stood up, mumbling something under its breath. As it stood, its metallic claws came out, two of its claws on its right paw jammed however, sticking in the shafts that they were normally stored. Shaking its paw, it tried to un-stick its blades. After 10 seconds of trying the creature merely gave up and proceeded towards the shack with most of its claws bared.

Blue: "Having a little problem?"

In response the Hunter merely snarled and quickened its pace. Smelling perspiration coming from its prey it knew that this time it would easily take them out with a few swipes of its bladed paws. And as it took its 5th step something hit it, hard, in the head. The creature stumbled to the ground, falling on its side. Smelling the scent of its attacker the Hunter then barked in pure fury.

Hunter: "Tobias...(!)"

Attempting to climb to its feet to battle its prey, that it had been tracking for around a week, it felt yet another blow. This time to its back. The metal armour clanked and creaked, but the Hunter was not going to give up so easily and activated its stun arrow. As it took aim Tobias swung what smelled like a large branch and hit the metal projectile. Breaking it and forcing sparks to spurt out of the indentation that was formed. Not content on disabling its secondary attack Tobias proceeded to beat the creature further. Bringing the wood down on its head and watching as blood trickled out of the corners of the mask, brining his heavy boots down on the vulnerable chest.

Tobias: "Die...Die you piece of shi..."

He halted in mid-sentence as he pulled back the branch for one final blow, however, when he attempted to bring the weapon down he found it had caught on something. Turning to see what had happened he discovered that Dementa was holding it. She snarled and snatched the branch from his hands and then rapidly grabbed hold of his neck, her gloved claws stopping her curse from taking action. Lifting him off the ground she snarled at the pathetic Orkhid.

Dementa: "Why did you come here? What do you want?"

Tobias attempted to reply but could not, his airways were slowly being crushed by the creature. After what seemed like hours but was merely seconds Dementa cast Tobias through the air and into a thick tree. Tobias hit the bark with a 'Thud' his chest and head connecting with the obstruction and immediatly knocking him unconcious. Tobias collapsed to the ground, his left foot twitching as if it had a life of its own.

Dementa: "Lets get out of here, eh?"

She turned to the shack were the victims of the attack were situated, a murmur of agreement rippled through the night air and slowly they picked themselves up and started towards Pyke.

(OOC: Yours was fine Drag. Thanx.)

06-06-2002, 03:01 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

(OOC: Alright, Chris made it sound like the whole group was moving on... right?)

Lars stumbles to catch up with the group.
"That was amazing... seeing you guys dispatch those things so quickly. I thank you for saving my life, but my destination is different from your's. I'm here because of... well, lets say business. I have a rendezvous in a few hours, and I can't be late. Thanks again for your aid; I feel we will meet again very soon."
Lars waves goodbye and turns to the left. He cautiously walks away from his saviors, but he felt little gratification.
"Fools.", he thought, "They don't know how easy it is to fake innocence. They are just who I thought they were... I wonder if there is a bounty on their heads. Maybe I'll get out of this horrid place with the goods and a reward!"
Lars let out I small laugh, almost a giggle. But he showed restraint, he couldn't raise any more suspicion than he already had...

Last edited by SeaRex; 06-06-2002 at 07:03 AM..
06-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Blinking the Orkhid realised he was still alive. He thanked the Gods that the Hunters had been dispatched and that he had lived to fight on...although, from the look of his injuries his Elai was somewhat damaged. Slowly he lifted his head up, just in time to see a young Mudokon disappear into the woods. Groaning he rested his head back down on the soft soil and leaves that acted as cusions and relaxed. As he looked up, up into the branches and deep into the sky that was of a orange colour (As it was dawn.) he realised that he still had Spider to take care of. Growling the Orkhid pulled himself up, his chest was grazed and marked by his fall. Ruffling his hair small bits of debris dropped out and drifted back to the ground. Turning Tobias saw the Hunters strewn on the earth.

Tobias: "Heh...serves you f*ckers right."

He then slowly made his way towards the village of Pyke, wincing in pain as his injuries gradually worsened.

Its head turned to face the direction of the Orkhid fiend. It had beaten it to the ground, shattering its jaw and making a mockery of the Hunter race. Raising its left paw the Hunter looked at the destroyed stunning weapon.

Hunter: "Deskolias. Deskolias Tobias ich."

Its arm flopped to the ground, it was in a weakened state and its armour was ripped apart. It stared up into the orange sky and realised something had to be done...something vengeful. Rolling over on its side the Hunter had managed to push itself up onto all fours and then slowly stagger to its feet. It stumbled forwards and landed on its knees, staining the shiny, silver metal with a vile browny-green colour. The entire world seemed to be spinning and the Hunter could not halt this...instead it just sat there...waiting for it all to halt. Finally it did and when this happened the creature once again climbed to its feet, like a Fawn freshly born, and headed towards Pyke...sniffing the air to keep it on track of its new plan for vengence.

(OOC: Dooby Doo, i wanna be like yo-oo-oou. I wanna walk like you, talk like you...ohhh-oohhohhh...etc etc.)

06-07-2002, 02:17 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

(OOC: What might this problem be? I messed up, didn't I? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! )
06-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: Ignore Eddie, he's just being a bit control-freakish... It's all sorted out and fine...]

06-07-2002, 04:25 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: Gooooooood...so now we can progress with the RPG. Care to un-stall anyone?)

06-07-2002, 07:44 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Blue watches the sun rising over the trees as she walks along.
"So, where are we going to go?" She asks Dementa, who is pushing Spider on his cart.

(OOC: Yes, it's very short. Sorry. Next please.)
- DH

06-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Dementa thought about this a bit before answering.
"Well we can't hide in Olm's as they'll expect us to return there. Your place is out of the question now too." she said, "We need a place where they least expect us to be."
"I think I have an idea..." Spider chimed in, "We could hide in Arim's...they wouldn't expect us to hide in the business of someone who dispises anyone that even looks like they work for the Cartel..."
"True..." Blue said thoughtfully, "but how do we convince him to hide us? Especially you two."
"I'm sure once we tell him that we believe the Mayor is working someone from the Cartel he'll be happy to help..." Dementa said, "If I read him right."
"Teb also lives there...and he trusts me." Spider said, "If Arim is not there I can talk to Teb and I am sure he'll help us out."
"How are we going to get you in there then Spider?" Blue said, "The cart is pretty obvious..."
"I think I am strong enough to walk around a little bit on my own..." Spider said.
"And I spotted a side entrance during the one time I ransacked the place..." Dementa said with a grin, wishing she could have been there to see Arim's face when he discovered the mess she made, "its out of the way enough to where we should be able to slip in without anyone noticing."

(ooc: meh...someone else take over...Dan...I think you best write the next bit...)

06-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: I am really pissed off now... I just typed out a really long (mostly pointless, but descriptive and character-forming and generally fun to write) post, then Internet Explorer went and crashed on me!

Anyway, I can't be bothered to type the lot out here, so I'll summarise it.]

They arrive at Arim's, Teb recognises Olm and Spider's voices, but they persuade him to hide them in a cellar (where else?). There is a general air of well-writtenness about the whole post, and the general consensus is that it is the best RPG post ever written...

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's morning now. Arim's still recovering. Place isn't especially busy.

Last edited by Danny; 06-11-2002 at 01:08 PM..
06-12-2002, 02:01 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

(OOC: Don't mind me, I'm just going off into Lars's little side quest.)

In a forest just outside of Pyke:

It wasn't a long walk to the old abandoned bunker, but Lars's injury made it Hell. He cautiously walked crawled through an open ventilation shaft in the side of the building. The smell of dust and rotting wood was strong, and made breathing difficult. Just ahead, he could hear someone talking, so he crawled up to a grate in the shaft with just enough room to pear down at the commotion below. It was a slig, holding a small breifcase, and a shifty-looking Intern.
Slig: "You got the goods? I trust these are the real thing."
Intern: "Mmmm Hmmm."
Dropping the briefcase to the ground and using one of his mechanical legs, the slig skimmed it over to his dealer. After opening it and checking the contents, the Intern handed two small crates over to the slig, and then quickly waddled off. Even though the cases were small, the slig struggled to keep both of them balanced. The clinking of glass met Lars's ears when the crates shifted.
Lars: "Don't drop 'em!"

Slig: "What? Who's there?"
Lars kicked open the grate in the vent, and jumped to the ground below.

Slig: "Wha-- Oh, jeeze man! Don't scare me like that!"

Lars: "That's right Westly, I wouldn't want you to drop the goods!"

Wes: "Hey we have to-- what the... your arm! And what's that? A knife? You never use weapons in fights!"

Lars: "That's just it Wes, there was no fight. The only blood my knife drew was my own. I had to make a scene to find the criminals. I thought the numbing powers of my tattoo could handle it, but I ran my blade too deep. Plus I came at a bad time, but they patched me up. They were the criminals all right, but the only info I could get was there names and that they were headed to Pyke. I still don't know if it's worth the effort to find them and turn them in because--"

Wes: "--They saved your life? Exactly! You shouldn't rat them out! You're in their debt!"

Lars: "No, just because I don't know their exact location. You're too soft. Same ole' Westly."

Wes: "Hey, cut it out, man. My guess is that we have a long way back to the caravan. Make yourself handy an' carry one of these crates with your good arm."

Lars: "Yeah, the long walk will give me time to think about whether I should find those criminals or not. C'mon! Let's go! We have to get this brew back!"

Wes: "Same ole' Lars..."

(OOC: Wow, this post was really long and really boring! I probably should have spiced things up a bit. Feh...)

Last edited by SeaRex; 06-12-2002 at 06:05 AM..
06-13-2002, 10:39 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: No Prob SeaRex...just a pointer though. Dementa isn't 'wanted' anywhere...mainly because those that did want her turned in thinks she is dead (dieing multiple times will do that to ya...confused? read her profile) and the only one that knows that Dementa is helping Spider, Olm and Blue is Seltin...and he hasn't said anything about her to the searchers yet.)

"Ok...we secured a place to chill now what?" Dementa asked.
"We need to get 'hard evidence' of the Mayor's cooruption as Seltin requested." Spider said, "Only thing is...I have no idea where we could find it."
"Hmm..." Dementa thought a moment, "The most obvious place we could start looking is the Mayor's office."
"True...but how do we search there? It would be guarded..." Blue said.
"Leave that to me..." Dementa said with a mischievous grin, "Breaking into a place without being seen and 'accquiring' information is my speciality."

She waited until it was late that night...when there would be the least about of people wandering around. After Spider, Olm and Blue bid her good luck she exited Arim's via a 'side entrance' and disappeared into the night...

Dementa skirted around the outside of Pyke, using the trees of the forest. Once she spotted the building where the Mayors office was, she turned toward Pyke itself. Then making sure no one was watching, she leapt from the tree she was in and onto one of the neighboring huts.
She froze instinctively, listening and looking to see if anyone heard her. After a moment she was satisfied that no one had and crawled along the rooftop until she was on the edge facing the Mayor’s office building.
Dementa sniffed and looked up. A storm was coming; she could smell it on the air and she could see the flashes of lightning and the faint rumble of thunder.
Better get in quickly… she thought, The storm would help me cover my exit but it would impede my entrance…
Looking around for any signs of patrols, she gathered herself for a jump. When she saw that she was in the clear the made the short jump to the roof of the Major’s office. Again she froze for a moment, but the night was still with no signs of stirring life. Quietly she crawled over to the edge closest to the forest and looked down; there was a window there. She did a quick check for patrols and climbed down partway on that side, using her tail, the claws on her hind legs, and one hand to hang on as she peered through the window. It was dark, with only the light of the full moon illuminating anything, which was just fine for her for she can see as well at night as in the day.
She shifted her grip slightly as she inspected the latch on the window; it was a simple lift up type of latch and it was in the ‘unlocked’ position.
Oh dear someone forgot to lock up properly… she thought with a smirk, Makes my job easier.
Carefully she reached with her free hand and started to open the window. It took a bit of effort…as she was limited to using only one hand, but she got it open. She did a quick double check of the inside before climbing in; then closed the window behind her. Then taking a small, low powered flashlight to give her a little extra light, she started her search…

(ooc: Dan...you can go ahead and RP Dementa to do the search...you can have her find something or not (your choice...but I would prefer she found something...). Would like for someone to walk in to the area and force her to hide until they leave but under no cercumstances will she be seen. Only other requirement is that I would like to do the post of her 'leaving' the premessis...There is a reason for this. If you need help...you know how to contact me .
Everyone else you can post what is going on (if anything) while she is doing this if you want. Em...get ready.)

06-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

It smelt the air from afar, a storm. It was pleased a storm was coming, the water may refresh it...possibly cleanse its body of the impurity of defeat. It attempted to speak, but merely slurred words came out. Slowly the Hunter raised a paw to its mask and felt underneathe it, bone was protruding, skin torn, speech partially destroyed. It was a shame, its mission had been simple. Seek out a village, check for any Orkhid inhabitants and then report back. It sighed, a long and mournful sigh as it tried to think about what went wrong. Upon thinking it realised 'Principle' got in the way, seeing the corpse of Tobias' companion was enough to set it and its partner off on a retribution spree. Something that was its downfall. It again sighed and then turned its head to the building which it had left the Mudokon creature in. Where it had been attacked by hordes upon hordes of Sligs. It was time...

Tobias slowly came to the shadow of one of the huts, away from the moonlight. He rested his left side on the hut wall and breathed deeply. He had to get to Arims, find out where his gun was and then get back on track. Once he had taken out Spider he would then have to escape the village and get as far away from it as he could. It wouldn't be long before the Orkhids set up another sweep of the un-chartered territories. Yawning he scanned the area, he was opposite Arim's place. All he had to do was dart from the shadows to the building and all would be fine. Slowly he crouched down and then trained his eyes on the building, concentrating. After a few minutes preparation he took off, his legs moving rapidly to get to Arim's. Finally he closed in on the door. Outstretching his right arm to push it open.

Sligs. Most asleep, many awake. It sensed four of them playing some sort of card game sat around a small, aged-wooden table, un-awares of the creature watching.

Slig #1: "So, Cex. When do you think this assignment will be over with, eh?"

It never looked up whilst saying this. But kept its eyes on the cards, as if willing them to be winners. The Slig sat opposite looked up.

Slig #3: "I dunno...Chaaange to Hearts."

It threw down a Ace and then looked up, smirking in its Sligish way. There smelt like there were two sets of cards, one set was face down so you could not see what they were whilst another set were face up and constantly being added to by the players. The Hunter smelt that no money had been placed on the table which suggested lack of trust or changing of shifts, Possibly both. Carefully the watcher shifted away from the window and clambered up onto the corrgated roof. It 'scanned' the area, making sure nobody was around, before leaping down to the ground on the other side. Landing next to a small, metal shack. It waited a while, taking in the infomation. Finally it stepped upto the object and grasped a hold of the padlock.
*Crunzzk*
The padlock snapped and dropped to the ground, leaving the inards of the shack vulnerable. Carefully it opened the door and peered inside, smelling the stale air. Amongst the usual smells of Spiders, droppings and other irrelevant scents came the smell of revenge...Gun Powder...Grenades...in short, Explosives(!)

Cex: "Hey, you hear something?"

Slig #2: "Yeh, you...get on with it(!)"

Cex: "No...No seriously!!"

The other players were un-impressed by the soldiers lack of balls to play the game and face the consequences of losing.

Slig #4: Look...Cex, just get on with it and stop screwing about. If you lose, we won't make the dare that bad...ok?"

The Slig stared at the other soldiers who thought he was trying to 'pull a fast one'.

Cex: "No...really guys!! I think something was fiddling with the weapons shack."

Slig #4: "Look...either you show us your cards and show us what you got or we will forcefully show ourselves the..."

Upon coming to the end of its sentence a crash from outside echoed throughout their tiny little ears. Almost simotaneously the creatures jumped from their seats and rushed towards the steel door leading to the weapons shack. One of the Sligs stopped and took time to hold back, just incase they needed back up (Or so he said).

Cex: "See, see!! What did i tell y'all!!"

Cex ran towards the tall, metal box, his artificial 'toes' making dot like imprints in the soft dirt. Oblivious to any danger he could be in. As he drew nearer he pulled out his knife and edged towards the door quietly.

Cex: "Ok...come out quietly and we won't shoot...much(!)"

His voice was firm and yet still obviously full of fear. There was no answer and Cex straightened himself up, backing away from the hut Cex turned to the others and nodded to them.

Cex: "Ok...on my count, fire."

Slig #2: "Erm...what about the explosives!! Wouldn't that be, like, dangerous?"

Slig #1: "Yeh and also, i think whatever it was, its long gone by now. There's a massive hole in the roofing."

Cex looked up, the roof was tore outwards. Shards of metal pointing to the night sky as if praying.

Cex: "Two good points."

As he said this he ran towards the hut again, this time poking his head in, eager to be the first to see. He was closely followed by the others.

Slig #1: "Shit man(!)"

Cex backed away to allow them all to get a good look. Three dead and mutilated bodies of Sligs were inside of the hut. But that wasn't what the first Slig was commenting about...it was the loss of the Grenades...47 of the most powerfullest Grenades distributed by Glukkons...

(OOC: Just for the record. Cex is not pronounced 'Sex' but 'Chex' Thanx.)

06-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

The desk was a mess, covered in paperwork, old coffee cups, and other detritus of those who spend most of their life behind the same desk. Fortunately, the Mayor didn't seem to be anywhere around right now, but just to be on the safe side, Dementa crept up to the door of the office, and slipped the latch, so that nobody could enter while she wasn't looking. They'd be able to break the lock, and it'd be obvious that somebody had been here, but at least it would give her time to be away... There was one other door leading from the office, but that was locked already, and had no kind of latch on this side.

Slipping on a pair of gloves (she wasn't sure if the guards in Pyke knew about fingerprints, but those who had been brought in from the city almost certainly would), she began to sift through the paperwork on the desk...

Five minutes later, she threw down the sheaf of papers she'd been flicking through in disgust. Nothing incriminating at all. She didn't entirely understand what she was reading, as most of it was wreathed in the kind of confusing bureaucratic language she'd never gotten used to, but she understood enough to know that everything she'd read so far had been just what you'd expect to find in the office of someone with any kind of political power. She almost felt a pang of sympathy for anyone who had to deal with this kind of bullshit every day of their life, but shrugged it off.

Stepping back, she checked that the desk was more or less as she'd found it. It wasn't, of course, but it ought to be close enough that he wouldn't realise that anyone had been here.

She looked around, trying to see anything else that might be worth looking through, but could only see a filing cabinet that, on closer inspection, simply seemed to contain several neater versions of the paperwork on the desk....

Sighing, she took one last scan of the room, and the locked door caught her attention. She'd dismissed it as unimportant earlier, but now that she examined it, it seemed... well, furtive, almost. The door was almost totally sealed and airtight, and had at least two locks keeping it closed. She was reminded of the door down to Olm's cellar.

Ah well, she thought, There's not much else to do in here... Turning off her torch to allow her to use both hands, and to allow her eyes to become accustomed to the dark again, she took out a small lock-picking kit, and got to work...

The feeling of déja vu returned when the door finally swung open, and she saw that, like the door to Olm's cellar, it led down a dark set of steps. Cautiously, she descended as silently as she could, glad that her lock-picking had taken long enough for her eyes to become well accustomed to the almost pitch black stairs...

The stairs were stone, and set in a spiral between forbidding stone walls, so she was able to keep close to the inner side, and keep most of her body out of sight of the stairs below. At the bottom of the stairs was a doorway, but no door. It was lighter here, simply by virtue of being a more open space, but there was no bright source of light, and she could only make out dim outlines of shapes. Listening quietly for any noises, she wished for a few seconds that Teb was here, since he was more used to using only his hearing than her...

Once she reined her own breathing under control (she hadn't realised up to this point that her heart was pounding wildly), she could make out one other person in the room. The breaths were slow but not (she thought) deliberately so, so she decided that whoever it was was most likely asleep. Turning the intensity knob on her torch to almost zero, she flicked it on, and allowed it to dance around the room for a second. She was right; there was a bed across the other side of the room, with a single figure laid prostrate on it. Keeping the torch pointed at the ground, she crept across the room, until she was standing over the figure.

Shining the light on the figure's face, she almost cried out "Selten!", but she realised where she was, so she kept quiet. He seemed in a bad way, and had a deep scar down one side of his face. When she saw that the white shift he wore was knotted at the left shoulder, she frowned, and took a moment to work out that his arm was no longer attached. What the hell happened to him? she wondered, but managed to stop herself from waking him up and asking him. Instead, she turned, and scanned the rest of the room with the dim torch.

She almost recoiled, and wondered if maybe she'd come to the wrong place, and broken into Olm's house by mistake. The walls of the room were lined with hi-tech medical equipment, just as Olm's cellar had been. She felt her breathing quicken, but was unable to control it. Many of the pieces of equipment that surrounded her she recognised from her time in the Labs, a time she did not want to be reminded of...

The waiting was the worst thing. The anticipation. As the two drones hovered over her, awaiting instructions. Her tormentors would be here any minute. Prodding, poking. Cutting her. Opening her up. Seeing parts of herself she never wanted to see exposed to air. She was completely helpless - they wore gloves, so her harm touch couldn't work, and she'd all but lost the will to fight. Not that she could ever think of that at the time. The pain was too great, almost blinding. The Vykkers never used painkillers...

Shutting her eyes, she shook her head, and remained still until the memories went away. It was all she could do to stop herself from running back up the stairs and away, but she concentrated, and stayed where she was...

Finally, she opened her eyes, and steadied her breathing. Looking around, she told herself that the equipment was inactive, and that she should be more worried about being discovered. Turning, she saw a door leading into an adjacent room, which was more or less the same as the one she was in, except that the bed was empty (looked like it had been slept in, though. Interesting...) The most interesting thing about this second room, however, was that she could see light peeping around the sides of the door on the far side of it, and hear faintly muffled sounds emanating from the room beyond. Someone was in there...

Creeping as gently as she could, she padded across the room, discovering to her relief that the door was slightly ajar as it was, so she could peep inside without having to worry too much about being heard...

"I don't care! We solved yer problems, now we want out!"

Trey, the Captain of the Slig Guards, was forgetting himself, but the power the Mayor held was forgotten in his frustration.

The Mayor was still sitting in his wheelchair, face impassive. "Pyke's problems are never over. There are still many dangers both outside and within the city. Galling as it is to admit, we need you here."

"That thing killed six of our men without even breaking a sweat!" Trey tried to calm himself, but the Mayor's refusal to let any emotion slip from his face was unnerving him. "If it wanted ter, it could probably kill us all whenever it liked. This isn't what we thought we were signing up for when we signed yer f*cking contract!"

"And what did you think you were signing up for? A quiet holiday in the countryside?" The mayor's sudden anger silenced Trey. "The reason I hired you from Coombes is because of this sort of danger. If Pyke were totally safe, and all fun and games, we wouldn't need you in the first place!"

Trey backed away slightly, reining in his frustration. He was surprised, as much as anything, that the mayor could seem such a frightening presence despite Trey knowing full well that he was paralysed from the waist down. "Look, that f*cker has stolen 47 of the highest-impact grenades we 'av. Half that number could reduce any given building in the city to rubble. If it decides ter use them to attack you or anyone else, we're not gonna be much help at all. Hell, if we were all stood together, just ten of those grenades could wipe us out, if it got lucky!"

The Mayor sighed and wheeled his chair slowly towards Trey. "Then what, might I ask, do you think we should do?"

Trey licked his dry lips. "Honestly? I think you should evacuate. That or hire the entire Carthag garrison to come and guard the place..."

The Mayor seemed to be thinking for a while. Trey felt his heart beat in the silence. Then the Mayor shook his head. "No. You're the best hope we have. I can't allow you to leave."

Trey bit his lip, then came to a decision. "Tough. Yer can't stop us. I'm gonna gather the men, and we're leaving tonight." He began to walk towards the door, but the mayor spoke, and something in his tone of voice made Trey turn around.

"Trey." As Trey turned, the mayor wheeled himself slightly towards him. "Come here." The mayor beckoned Trey closer until he was bent over the chair, his head almost touching the mayor's. The mayor put one hand on the back of Trey's head, and moved his lips to the side of Trey's head and began to whisper. "You will leave when I tell you to leave." As the mayor finished speaking, Trey felt a sharp pain in the chest, and a cold feeling running down across his belly. Putting his hand to his chest, he felt a sticky liquid running across his skin. He just about felt the mayor's other hand around the hilt of the knife before he began to lose feeling, and began to unbalance on his pants. As he fell to the floor, he caught a glimpse of the mayor's face, as impassive as ever, before everything went black, and blood began to bubble up his throat...

Dementa pulled back, in horror, as the slig slid to the floor. The mayor wheeled himself back slightly, looking down at the blood on his hand in distaste. Trying not to get too much blood on the wheelchair, he began to move towards the door Dementa was crouched at. Trying to move quietly, Dementa jumped to her feet and ran back across the room to the room where Selten was lying. She heard him stir as she passed, but didn't look back, but mounted the stairs as fast as stealth would allow, dropping the latches on the door as she closed it. Pausing only to unlock the office door, the gathered up her tools, and prepared to leap from the window into the trees.

Well, she thought, No doubt about it, now...

06-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Looking outside she could see it was starting to rain.
Good...will cover my escape she thought as she opened the window.
Taking a quick look outside she jumped out and closed the window behind her. Without further hesitation as the rain got harder, she bolted across the short distance between the building and the trees. She looked backed briefly at the building as she ran then turned her attention back to where she was going.
Suddenly a large shape stepped out infront of her, too fast for her to evade. She ran right into it and bounced back, landing on her backside.
"Ooowww....." she mumbled, slightly stunned. Shaking the stars out of her head she looked up at what now blocked her way. "What's the big idea?" she hissed, keeping her senses on alart in case this thing attacked...

(ooc: EM! Your go!)

06-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

(OOC: Gotcha. Right, most of you guys know what Magar the Hunter looks like as he has been in the RPG numerous times. So, I'm not gonna waste my time or yours by describing him. If you don't know or forgot, read his desc. in the main Character Descriptions topic. Thankee.)

Hunter grumbled, running on powerful hind legs through the inner edge of the Great Forest. Twigs snapped under his large three-toed feet, though he tried desperately to avoid making any sound. Thunder rumbled in the distance and black clouds were rolling in quickly, making his predicament even more difficult.

"F*ck, why does it always hafta storm when I return to this Oddforesaken hellhole?!" he snarled lowly through a clenched jaw as he quickened his long steps.

True, this was his third entrance into the town of Pyke, and he certainly was not happy about it. In fact, he hated the place with most of his large being, but his conscience bade him to return one final time. Every time he returned to Pyke, something horrid happened to him. Well, he was just sick of it.
Bursting through the forest, Hunter now ran on all fours, straightened his back, and curled his five facial tentacles back to allow him more stealth and speed. The town was just yards ahead and the mutant was sure there would be someone on guard SOMEWHERE. Using the shadows cast by the thickening clouds to his advantage, he sped through the clearing as fast as he could with his canine-like gait.

Phew, made it, he thought as he threw his body against a lone tree, just a hundred feet to the right of the main road.

Sure enough, a lone Slig stood was pacing back and forth between two huts.

Feh, a worker Slig, Hunter thought, curling his lips back to expose his sharp fangs, I'll take 'im out with one hit, then it'll be nighty-night time fer the feller.

Quickly, he left the safety of the tree and approached the gate, his body invisible in the blackness save for his two, glowing red eyes. Lowering himself, he lied in wait near a boulder. As a former bounty, this was as easy to him as taking a walk in the park.

SLAM!

Within the time frame of a second, Hunter had sprung from his hiding spot and thrown his fist to the back of the Slig's skull. The poor creature fell flat on his face and out of his pants, his body limp and lifeless.

"Sorry 'bout that," Hunter muttered, looking at his victim for a few moments before he proceeded into the town.

It was dark and quiet inside Pyke: just like Hunter remembered it. The streets were still nothing but dirt and the buildings mere straw huts. Sighing beneath his hood, Hunter avoided the main road and ran through the maze of huts. It was now that memories flooded to him... he would say the names of certain buildings in his head as he passed them. He had to admit that this place had a certain spot in his beastly heart. A hut, slightly taller than the rest loomed a few yards in front of him and he recognized it as the mayor's own.

The Mayor... I wonder how the guy's doin', he thought lightly.

Ducking amongst the shadows, Magar slowed and eyed his surroundings carefully. There were sure to be guards here as well. Waiting for a bit, he scanned the area with acute ears and eyes. He was just about to continue on his course when he noticed a dark figure exit the Mayor's hut through the back window.

"What in Odd's name...?" Hunter muttered to himself, perplexed.

The shadow soon came into focus as a female Slig-form, much like himself... in fact a lot like himself. She resembled Spider's race from the top up... but she was a peculiar color and her bottom half bore two powerful legs like his own. Weird. He also noticed that she seemed to be carrying a bag of tools with her. No doubt a hacker... a hacker?!

Why would someone... must be from enemy forces... a mutant working for the Cartel or a band of thieves!

Growling in a lion-like manner, Hunter stalked through the darkness to meet the creature along its path. With amazing force, he shot out of the shadows, cloak flying behind him and placed his immense form in front of it. The odd animal hit him like a brick wall and fell back, about as happy to see him as he was them. The lightning flashed behind Hunter, none of his features visible save for his blood-red oculars.

"Well, well, well, whadda we got here? A little SPY?" he growled lowly, closing in on the creature that was apparently female.

(OOC: Is that sufficient? I was gonna RP Dementa for the last few lines, but eh, I dunno what effect you want, 'Kia.)

Last edited by Black Dragon; 06-15-2002 at 09:52 AM..
06-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

"Spy? Hardly..." Dementa growled as she stood up and faced this creature, "Though I have been called that few times in my long life." She stared at the dark shape in front of her, trying to make out what she was up against. She could tell it was over twice her height and had red eyes...but that was all. She sniffed the air and caught traces of slig and a couple other things from this creature. There was something about those eyes though, something that seemed to draw her in, something important. But she couldn't place it at the moment so she ignored it. "What are you?" she asked, "An escaped crossbreed like Spider?"

(ooc: Dementa: you do realise just how hard it is to act like I don't knoe him...

Oh hush...)

06-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

Hunter grinned under the blackness of his hood. Such a spry, cocky little thing this creature was. Something about her he found particularly interesting, but he couldn't put his claw on it. Bending over slightly, he allowed his long, green tail to curl around his feet.

"Funny... I was just about to ask yer the same. For yer information, I'm a mutant, and a deadly 'un at that. Used ter be the Cartel's prime bounty, now I'm on the run, if yer must know," he replied, his voice deep and dark like the bottom of a well.

Carefully, he encircled the odd creature, his tail and cloak following him closely.

----------

Dementa watched the stranger closely as he circled her.

Odd, it feels like he's hunting me... sh*t, he was a former bounty, how do I know he's not just covering up with that 'on the run' bit? she thought to herself, heartbeat racing.

The mutant moved once again to face her as a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky. He had removed his hood, revealing a Slig-like face on a long, Big Bro neck. Two horrible tusk-like fangs protruded on both sides of his snout from the lower jaw. The eyes were two glowing red orbs, each with slits for pupils. The animal seemed to be a deep hunter-green all over with lighter green stripes and a tan underside. Never before had she seen such a creature like this, and she gasped in surprise.

"They call me... Hunter."

(OOC: Meep. Hope I got her right.

Hunter: *Whines*)

06-15-2002, 06:35 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: This is fun!

Dementa: *whimper*)

Dementa felt her heart literally jump into her throat. She knew what that feeling was now...and it terrified her. Not for over 300 years had she felt it...with the one drakkic that didn't shun her for her appearance. But he was dead now...killed by the same ones that slaughtered the rest of her people.
She felt her legs starting to shake as she fought it.
No no! she thought franatically, I don't want to go through that kind of pain again...
After a long anaongizing moment she managed to get herself back under control and she looked up boldly at this slig hybrid.
"Dementa." she said, "And I am no experiment of the Vykkers...I am a drakkic that has been cursed by a dark sorcerous(sp). I am the last of my kind...save for Spider and I have fought against the Cartel ever since!"
She tensed up, not knowing how this 'Hunter' will react to her words.
"Try to do as you wish to me!" she growled...though her threat felt very false to her, "You will only feel pain. If you did manage to due me in I would come back...as death is beyond me."
Another lightning flash, one that showed her own features to him. Her light blue to dark blue to purple skin clearly showing and her violet eyes glaring. Her tail flicked as she readied her self for whatever Hunter may try.
But a part of her was fighting her agression, fighting to get her to accept one of the most basic of instincts. She had to both fight that and keep a brave face on.
As much as I want it... she thought, I cannot allow myself to fall for it...I don't want us to suffer the fact we could never truely share our feelings...

06-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

(OOC: Jah!! *Evul, evul dragon-grin*

Hunter: Yer MONSTER!)

Hunter felt his heart skip a beat as she spoke. Her voice was like nothing else he had heard before: it was melodious to him and rang loudly in his ears, drowning out all other sounds. A strange feeling was surging through his veins, and it frightened him to the core. At first he thought it was fear, but he quickly dismissed it as fear did not feel this wonderful. Hunter didn't like this. Shaking his head once, he fought to maintain his stiff composure.

"A Drakk, eh? Interestin'. Dun worry, I ain't gonna hurtcha... least not if yer don't try anything funny," he said, his voice cool and calm, yet hinted with notes of ferocity.

He pushed his face closer to her own, his five facial tentacles curled back slightly. Then, he stepped back, feeling overwhelmed. Her scent filled his nostrils like an expensive perfume and all that his eyes saw was her.

What the hell is going on? Am I dying? he thought weakly, his tail wagging subconciously behind him.

Without thinking, he reached out and put a finger under her chin, lifting it slightly so that her eyes met his own.

"Yer know, fer bein' cursed, yer sure are a purdy thing," he said softly, his eyes closing haflway.

(OOC: You know what to do. )