Nerd.
Suck me, beautiful.
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

:
I feel a bit bad forcing such a wall of awkward text on you, but it feels nice on my part to get it out, and I'm sure you can make something productive of it as well. The only person I've been intentionally trying to piss off is MA and his perpetually excessive ragefest (you and Dipstikk are too sane and well-spoken for me to allocate any of my wild contempt for the world at large). Trust me, I come off as a lot less of a dick in person as a verbally awkward adolescent male who meticulously tries to avoid eye contact. Hopefully you can at least find some hilarity in my ironic and unavoidable appearance as some sort of super serious pseudo-troll.
fair enough. for the record, if i'd have known you were going through something like this, i wouldn't have been such a cunt. i'm not heartless.
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

:
fair enough. for the record, if i'd have known you were going through something like this, i wouldn't have been such a cunt. i'm not heartless.
Truth be told, I did ask for it <3

There was a quote I really liked from an Autism educational techniques video I watched a few weeks back... I'm too lazy to look up the word or two that I'm off, but it was something along the lines of "Never argue with an autistic person, because you're probably going to ruin your day, and they're probably going to like it." I think it's one of the most heinously appropriate characterizations I've found to date.

(And I also have to admit, I've developed a nasty compulsion to compose elaborate veiled jokes as a way of humoring myself. That obnoxious serial rapist analytical nonsense was just me parodying my hyperthydroidism case study response I was taking a break from. Rehabilitation counseling is loads less pretentious than traditional psychology in regards to how we function for our clientele in practice, but I swear, sometimes our hypothetical assignments are just so stupidly open-ended that you have to turn your brain into pull-biological-shit-out-of-your-ass-mode to get them done.)
04-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
Dipstikk, you've got to be kidding me. 99% of your posts are nothing but Robotnik and then you complain about memery, idiodicy and intentional annoyances?!
Please, Nate, it's more like 75%. Give me some credit.

Also, the Robotnik thing is pretty much the ONLY meme I've ever thumped, it's not a 4chan meme, it's the ONLY real time I slip into total nonsense, and I haven't done it in a while. I decided to stop fucking around with OWF when I realized how much I agree with a lot of the users here.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-25-2011 at 05:02 AM..
04-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Still makes you a pot and that gives you no right to criticise any local kettles.

04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

HMM, YOU HAVE A POINT. Perhaps I was too harsh on Majic.

:
Yeah, you can talk to at least some of us about issues like that. I don't know if you're afraid we'd, I dunno, laugh at your misfortune like a couple of scags, but I would NEVER make light of real turmoil. I know what it's like to be at a point in your life where everything seems to be going to shit, dude, and I'm constantly being brought back to that feeling. I see a psychologist just to deal with it.
I also know that when I try and keep myself from owning up to my own problems by trolling (and yeah, I've tried trolling as a coping mechanism before), it just makes me feel worse in the long run because I'm not doing anything to deal with my own problems and frustrations.

I hope things start to work out for you, man, I really do. And they will, trust me. We can help you get through it if you want, but trolling us is just pushing us away, and we're no good to you if you've pissed us off, as you can clearly see.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-25-2011 at 06:47 AM..
04-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

:
We can help you get through it if you want, but trolling us is just pushing us away, and we're no good to you if you've pissed us off, as you can clearly see.
So true. The whole how-the-hell-could-someone-outside-the-situation-possibly-understand sensation is an unforgiving bitch who makes bad sandwiches, especially in a context where my close friends/academics/family are so grotesquely disparate that even my apeshit lunacy can't even find a silver lining to it all. I'm also in psychologist limbo at the moment, which sure as hell isn't doing any favors... that's lent itself to a situation where I've been off my antidepressant for over a week, and I'll be damned if my brain hasn't been all kinds of wonky as that cognitive functionality has worn off. To maintain a semblance of mental excitation, I've been chasing dragons like you wouldn't believe. Christ, I've even started playing video games again.

I really did feel bad for a few days for being such a dick here, but argumentation is such a rush it's not even funny. Not to babble on about anything too psychosocialanalyticalish, but an aggressive mental state really does mirror drugs/gambling/etc in its reinforcing influence on mood (and subsequent fondling of unhappy thoughts, which will then revert back to more aggression). That's one of the pervasive principles of addiction treatment; us in-recovery types sure love to get mad... it makes for a weird sort of ad hoc, bastardized high.