Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

04-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Here's another of mine... Say hello to the flying Vox!

For those who think their cute- don't get too attatched, they're industrialists.
Aerial creatures that fly very badly but are effective gliders, they are often employed by Vykkers and other owners of large airship vessels, as they can perform in-flight repairs. In battle they like to wield small firearms in each hand, like pistols, lungbuster guns or snuzipults. They are born from queens, but there are both sterile male and female workers in the population.

There is a deffinite slig-inspired feel about this design. Notice the reflections on the flight-goggles. They took ages.

And for the more childish amoung you, that is a tail, not some other kind of appendage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vox.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	293.8 
ID:	4378  

04-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

I like 'em. I wouldn't say they're cute, but they are definitely Oddworldy. Good creation Bullet.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

04-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

I test-downloaded my Vox pic, and it was too wide to render fully. I don't know if it's like this for anyone else, but I'll post a smaller one just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vox 60%.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	140.7 
ID:	4379  

04-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

This is what I said the prehistoric Paramite would look like;
It would support itself on its toothy-like whips as legs, and have a stinger like a scorpion.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

04-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

That.
Is.
Freakin'.
AWESOME!

I love it! Wow!

04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

Hi, guys!

Remember the Wolclark I said I'd send in a picture of? Well here he is: Nerdie the Wolclark!

The differense between this guy and Wolvarks is that Wolclarks has a more greyish skin tone and they are some sort of rednecks - like the Clakkerz.

When I first drew this character then I wanted to really show the differense, so instead of giving the creature the same clothes as the Wolvarks, I choosed to use the same type of clothes as Fatty McBoomBoom - ya can see the shirt's too tight for this fellow - and instead of a peaked cap his got a beret.

~DS~

Last edited by Dancing Steef; 04-25-2006 at 11:35 PM..
04-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

That's pretty good, DS!

I posted my Scamper in 'ere wrong.
Should'a been in the prehistoric thread...
Whoopsie.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
gobbo
Zappfly

: helvoirt in the netherlands
: 17
gobbo  (10)

i disigned a creature for the scrabanian deserts. if you would compare scrabs to lions, they would be the gazellas. ill post a picture after a learned how. i named them screlms.

Last edited by gobbo; 04-30-2006 at 12:06 PM..
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Well, I USED to - haven't had the time or drive to very much lately, although I drew up a big old page of images to go on profiles on my website. These days I design beasties to go into my own universe - I suppose some of them would be vaguely odd-inspired (for instance, DuPhee are like a cross between a cuttlefish and a dog, and naturally have been dubbed "Cuttlepuppies").

Here's some of them, anyway - some belong to a friend of mine, some are mine.
Oddworld fanbeasties
Clockwise from top left: polar drakkic, ant bird, plains drakkic, celernex, "leech" (never got a proper name), (bottom right doesn't count as it's a genetic hybrid), shaggy elum, forest drakkic, honeypot termite, and a seeyete. I'm working on another page of doodles, but a number of the creatures (like the lamprile, a sentient creature with a froglike build, and a trunk with teeth like a lamprey) have been "de-Odded" and gone into one of my own worlds.

05-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

They're actually really good. I particularly like the scaly one in the middle.

05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
gobbo
Zappfly

: helvoirt in the netherlands
: 17
gobbo  (10)

if it works, thats the one. thats the screlm.

on this picture its easyer to see what the legs,head and body is.

Last edited by gobbo; 05-01-2006 at 11:27 AM..
05-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

That's an intressting creature Gobbo... Screlm hehe nice here's another made-up species I've made: the Toicer - the protectors of the Legendaries.

The history of Toicers and Legendaries

Once, these Toicers lived among the Legendary people and protected them from any evil in the world. The typical enimies here are the Wolclarks.

The battle between Toicers and Wolclarks ended and the protectors won. Many years past and no threat had come since the battle's end.

Then the Toicers decided to leave the Legendaries, because they believed that the enimies wouldn't return.

But it didn't take a long time before the threat came upon the people - luckily the Legendaries succeded to escape - though a few of them got killed on the way to safety.

After the esacape and some searching for a new home, they finaly got an idea - to live high up in the trees, be awaken at nights and asleep at days. They also decided, now when the Toicers had left them on their own, to make weapons - from blowpipes to giant spears - to protect themselves.

Because they wanted to be sure of, that no one tried to steal their territories
again. And the consequence of that were much more strict rules and laws to obey.

~DS~

12-13-2008, 08:11 AM
stonetooth
Boombat

: Dec 2008
: Texas
: 238
stonetooth  (54)

I decided to move my awesome species over here to show off.

Gratogon - Giant lizard species, somewhat like grubbs except more warlike. Has a mouth full of sharp, pointy teeth. They have a tendency to eat meat and are considered a native species, all though they are very evil. They usually tattoo themselves all over their body whenever they come of age, and have few allies, but many enemies.

Minion Sneaker - a new type of outlaw, this minion is very sneaky and they usually attack someone in groups. They typically wear short, red and black hats, that are maybe 3 or 4 inches high. they typically look like a shooter, except they have darker skin, small beaty eyes, and use knives to throw and stab with, and sometimes use small pistols.

Borokan - They are a very big people, which stand at a range from 6 to 9 feet. They use giant rocks as weapons, and of course there huge fists. Their eyes are diffrent sizes and colors, and they wear scraps of metal, cloth, and even leaves all over there body as armor. They are great for suicide bombers as they can carry around huge bombs in there hands and can take heavy damage.

Gas Mask Minion - These outlaws have a tendency to to use poison bombs and guns that spray out acid and things of the like to attack with, and wear a huge gas mask over there face. They have better clothing then most outlaws, and are considered elite amongst the outlaws.

Tell me what you think. (My personal favs. are the Gas Mask and sneaker minion)