Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

03-27-2006, 04:12 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Come up with your own Oddworld Game plot!

I am bored so I came here to see what is happening in the world of odd.

Since Oddworld is now pretty much dead (as in dead as a door knob) I came with a splendid idea, how about we get ourselves a fine meal of pork and beans! Nah Just kidding, really though come up with your own Oddworld style plots to by the time. No really come up with your own Oddworld style plots so we can entertain ourselves from the lack of Oddworld news from the Oddworld man himself Lorne Lanning. I think I said Oddworld too much anyway Ill start. Oh the rules are basic it can be funny it doesn't have to make any kind of sense eather, it can be serious you choose. Here is my rediculous plot. Talk about scrapping the bottom for ideas. Actually a friend of mine came up with this stupid idea. After I introduced him to the game he came up with this idea of playing as a lever. Sound odd ooh yes! funny as hell though if you think about it. It remindes me how silly it is when you take Munch and talk to levers. I like it when you have Munch say to a lever" You better stay here!" This is soo stupid.

:Oddworld Levers Oddessy

Your a lever waiting to be pulled by some poor schmuck! Imagine yourself alone in some obscure cornor of one of Oddworld's biggest factories. Cob webs growing all over you. Your just sitting there waiting for some Mud to pull you. But nobody notices you and you sit there waiting in agony to be pulled. Yes meet the lowest of the low Lever. Lever is more than what it seems. Lever is on a mission, and that mission is to sit and wait for somebody to pull him. Because Lever has been forgotten the agony of waiting is too much to handle. Slogs walking by pissing on him, Sligs leaveing garbage everywhere around him, its no wounder he can't move. Play as the lever in hopes that somebody will come by and pull you!

THE WAIT IS ON!
(sligs voice is heard followed by a muds voice.)
(slig) Oddworld: (Mud) Lever's Oddessy! (slig) rated T for teen!

scene ends with the sound of crickets...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-27-2006 at 04:17 AM..
03-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Paramiteabe is back and more badass than ever.

This is technically a thread for fan-created stories/game ideas. As much as I appreciate what you're trying to do in GD, there's no desperate need, so I'm putting this in Fan Corner so it can be seen by the more creative members.

*moves*

03-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Biggy Bro Slig
Clakker Store Clerk

: Jun 2003
: Monsaic Lines
: 759
Biggy Bro Slig  (24)

I would make an Oddworld Game RPG. Like Knights of the Old republic, where you got to choose if female/male, a warrior, or a guard. You could turn into a rebel if you were a slig, and join the natives. You would rise through the Ranks till you are a General, and you could plot your moves through different areas of Mudos, and you could be blocked by a battalion of muds and if you conquered Mudos, you could move onto different lands, like the game Risk.

03-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Wired
Stingbee

: Mar 2006
: Shropshire
: 95
Wired  (85)

PA...there are some stupid ideas you just keep between you and your friend. I don't have to point out which one, mann.

Of course, not always trying to suck fun out of a thread as if I were a blackhole. I'll play along with this idea I suppose, but only because you're the legendary PA.

Right
I could see the cost of production and development for that game being very low. Oh haha!

This account has been OANSTed.

03-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

I had an idea ismilar ot Bigy bro Sligs', but then he stole it. :P
My idea is a sort of MMORPG or hjust a really big RPG game, where you take a character eg. a mud, and he starts off as a native and you can do whatever-trai nto be a shaman, go to monsaic and go thruogh the challneges, try and liberate fellow muds, explore Oddworld in 3D. Or you're a Gluk, and start off as a nobody nd can work through it making business deals, hiring staff, sending Slig squads out ot capture mudokons, and then rus your own factory empire. Or a vykker, similar only working in the medicial/pharmaceutical stuff. Or a Slig, training in the barracks then going on missions attacking Mudokon villages, capturing natives, capturing wild creatures, exploring Oddworld to find new land or supplies for your boss, tracing and hunting Abe and Munch etc., or maybe rebel and turn on the Inustrials. So yeah, that's my idea.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Slig_Cake
Boombat

: Mar 2006
: pootown
: 248
Slig_Cake  (10)

LOL i would very much like to see a moon with a lever imprint on it

Seriously

I would like to see a game where Abe goes off to a faraway land and finds a civilisation of mudokons that are very very advanced. And it seems like such a great place all the mudokons dressing in robes n stuff n he thinks it's all good. He is a bit put off by the fact no one knows what his deal is when he chants to pray, AND the fact that they believe that the Devil is a Shrykull but he keeps that to himself. Apart from that it all seems pretty good. No sligs, glukkons, scrabs etc. But like Rupture farms this place has a dark secret. There is a curfew in place that all mudokons have to be in their homes by a certain hour. And the automatic doors in their rooms do not open until the next morning. In the night Abe hears screams and when he tries to ask others about them they just ignore him or tell him not to worry.

Then one night he possesses one of the priests (these mudokons don't know or believe in posession) and that's when he unveals a DARK SECRET! (dont know what dark secret is, i'm making this up as i go).

Anyway Abe decides to fix this problem. He must possess other mudokons, n these other creatures that seem friendly but um they're not ok i've run out of ideas.

Last edited by Slig_Cake; 03-27-2006 at 05:46 PM..
03-28-2006, 05:25 AM
sligco
Thudslug

: Jul 2004
: slig baracks
: 191
sligco  (10)

i was thinking kinda like a world of warcraft whith oddworld were you pick your side industrial natural or wildlife than species and your sex than and your job than you can explore mudos own a buisness and i guess it deopends on what side you choose

04-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

I've always imagined an Oddworld MMORPG. You choose any one of the sentient species and pick out their appearance, profession, origin. A mudokon, for instance. Pick natural skin colour- green. blue, purple, grey, then apply tattoos and paint. Different feathers, styles, colours, or a topknot. Then a proffession-native, scrub, bounty hunter... ?You can learn to chant and possess, or use a spoocebow. Natives have to team up and bust out the scrubs (who are also players). In exchange for starting out slaving for industrialist players, freed scrubs get more experience or abilities later. Perhaps I've been thinking too much about this?

04-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

This is sad, replying to my own post. How about a slig FPS?

04-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

ooooooh. Thats not such a bad idea 0.o
I could do that! thats easy!!!!!
a 3d Slig Storm...I can do it!!!!
*runs aways yelling happily*
Thanx for the inspiration!

04-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

I do imagine everything in the post in a british accent (to qote your sign off), seeing as I am British. I can't help it.

Try doing it in a mud or Vykker accent. Or even fuzzle accent...

04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

Slig RPG. Slig is born, turns rebel, must get pants + flying suit. Could become BigBro later. Mission: find out that you are meant to be the new Slig queen and take over
04-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Blisterz' Oddysee: The life and times of Blisterz Booty, pre-bagging by Stranger. A game where you can be truly badass, breaking the law and escaping the consequences. Taking on the role of a bad guy in a prequel, like Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was.

04-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

: Jan 2006
: Hong Kong
: 396
Ninjaxe  (10)
Idea

Hmmm a story.

This might sound silly but I like to experience a game through the eyes of the Ratz in Oddworld. They are loyal to the amighty rasin. However this will bring more light into how his world ticks. In seeing that meet new creatures of oddworld. Ratz predators. The big Catz of oddworld possibly.

That would be good wouldnt it. This idea will continue their gameSpeak by saving the other Ratz from danger of some kind. Anyway I would see this is thought more than an idea. Which brings the question...

Will these ideas be read by OWI?
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

I'm actually working on an Oddworld Card Game.

I started out back when Pokemon was still cool, but couldn't to any "evolutions" apart from sloggie to slog, and crawling slig to flying/ walking.

But with munch, there are now loads of promotions, Slig slackers all the way to armoured big bros and poppers, etc. Also good energy cards: spooce and moolah!

There are five factions: Native, Industrial, Wildlife, Townies and Outlaw.

Course, there's only one towny so far... Clakkerz. Who would collect townies?

04-16-2006, 11:19 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

I wrote this somewhere before...but I would like to see Gabbits in the next game, or if there is a next game. Of course it won't do, since there was a Gabbit hero...already...
But I guess OWI could come up with some new creature, not like the f***ing awful design of "Fangus", but something just as Odd as the previous heroes, and something we could love just as much.

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy