07-06-2001, 02:18 AM
gillandro
Zappfly

: Jul 2001
: 4
gillandro  (10)
I need help

posted July 04, 2001 08:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear boarders can anyone of you tell me something, in the playstation version of oddworld there is a secret area where you throw a grenade to detonate the mines there. after you jump down and save the mudokons how the hell do you get back up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07-06-2001, 02:36 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Hi gillandro, and welcome to the forums. There is a seperate forum devoted to Oddworld Help, try posting your problem there.

I've moved a copy of this topic to the Oddworld Help Forum.

07-06-2001, 02:43 AM
gillandro
Zappfly

gillandro  (10)

thank you I am new to this, if you happen to know the answer to my prob I will love the help.
07-06-2001, 12:07 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hello, Gillandro, welcome to the forums!

We'd love helping a desperate fan to make Abe complete his tasks
There are a few areas in the games that seem to fit your description, but its too hard to know exactly to which one are you talking about.

Could you please tell us which game (Abe's Oddysee or Abe's Exoddus) it is, and what is the number of that specific screen you are refering to?

To know the screen number, just PAUSE the game. A menu of options will appear, and there is a screen code in the upper right corner (or in the lower, I'm not sure). It's a number that looks like this: PVP09c05, for example.

In other words: Game and ScreenCode, ok?
07-06-2001, 03:47 PM
gillandro
Zappfly

gillandro  (10)

thanks for any help you can offer.
the game is abe's oddysee for playstation, and I am playing in a room pretty much right by the beginning of the game(code to follow)

it is the room where they teach you how to jump. there are two platforms and mines beneath both. you get a grenade from somewheres and throw it at the mines below the last platform, where the barrel is, after that you jump down and climb down beneath the barrel to find two mudokons and a meat saw, then you go down lower and there is another meat saw. but how do I leave this hidden area? can't seem to hoist back up the way I came.

room code:

top room leading to the hidden room: r1p15c03

next room down under the barrel:
r1p15c11

last room in the sequence:
r1p15c12
07-07-2001, 03:00 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Oh, now I got it! thanks

Abe can make a RUN-JUMP movement. It means that Abe can grab a ledge if he is running and you prees the -JUMP- key (not the UP key).

Screen R1P15C11

So, what you have to do is to bring Abe to left side of the upper meat saw.
Pay attention to the meat saw timing, and when it is safe, run right and press the JUMP key.
If you do it right, Abe will grab the ledge that seemed to be unreachable before.

Reminder: Its easier to use a RUNJUMP to grab and go up ledges than using the hoist.
07-07-2001, 03:10 AM
gillandro
Zappfly

gillandro  (10)

thanks I shall try it.