03-14-2005, 11:40 PM
typhonblue
Bolamite

: Jan 2005
: canada
: 58
typhonblue  (10)

Getting laid is better.

In fact good, regular sex will put an end to the desire to get piss-addled.
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I haven't had a drink, smoke, or drugs of any kind...and I don't have the desire to do so in the future. That's just me.

-oddguy

03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
I haven't had a drink, smoke, or drugs of any kind...and I don't have the desire to do so in the future. That's just me.

-oddguy
Woah, I respect you so much oddguy. You are my parents in a nutshell. It's great to see someone not affected by society or peer pressure. I know that drinking / smoking / drugs is often a peer pressure issue - most of friends do it for that very reason.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Well, being homeschooled doesn't really put me in an environment where I'm pressured a lot. Though, I'm sure I'll have the same preference out in zee real world.

Really though, I just don't see me wanting to do any of that stuff. My family has a history alcoholics, smoking is pretty much paying to screw up your lungs, and drugs kill brain cells I'd like to keep. I don't care how many people are doing it...that's still the way I'm going to feel about it.

-oddguy

03-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

:
Getting laid is better.

In fact good, regular sex will put an end to the desire to get piss-addled.
Sex is overrated. Period.

I really can't stand it when people shake their heads and tut, and try to tell me that it's bad for me and that I shouldn't have let people pressure me into it. As though enjoying myself is some kind of cardinal sin - yep go ahead, whip your dick out and piss on my bonfire, thanks.

Well to all of you who think that I got pressured into trying it, I'm greatful, thank you so very much for implying that I have the willpower of a cowering retard - as it so happens I actually CHOSE to try all these drugs, nobody forced me. But hey ho, who cares about the facts right? It's the thought that counts.

Here's a little tip: If you don't like getting wasted or have some kind of problem with it, then don't post here. I don't wanna know about how boring you are to hang with, and I don't seem to remember asking you about how much you hated it in the first post.

Jesus.
03-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Never cared for anything like that. I tried smoking and pot, neither did anything for me, so I didn't really bother.

I don't drink much anymore. I used to a bit when I was younger. But I only really got drunk once, tipsy a few times though. I have the ability to hold my alcohol very well, so in most cases it will take a long time and a lot of drinks for them to even begin to have an affect on me.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

03-15-2005, 12:38 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Didn't try to offend, Dino. Just adding my thoughts to the disscussion.

-oddguy

03-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
I don't wanna know about how boring you are to hang with
That's usually a reason why people use them. They feel they have to be fun, and fun is associated with using drugs. I don't want to read too much into your words, but you've grossly generalised, and shown a possible reason for your so called 'absolute own choice'.

In my experience, everyone I've known to take drugs does so because of peer pressure. I mingle with a variety of people, most of whom my best friends could be classified as 'poorer' or 'working class'. In such a situation, it is common for me to be exposed to drugs. Not too mention all the other exciting events that follow along with gangs and crews.

Heck, even I started drinking because of peer pressure. The first time I drank, in the absence of my parents, was a few years ago. At a friends party, where upon stepping into their backyard I was thrusted a bottle of tequila, and basically coerced to 'scull' it. And I did. From there, it was a while longer before I became responsible and said no when appropriate.

Oh, and yes, sex is over-rated. In most regards, anyway.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

03-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

:
That's usually a reason why people use them. They feel they have to be fun, and fun is associated with using drugs. I don't want to read too much into your words, but you've grossly generalised, and shown a possible reason for your so called 'absolute own choice'.

In my experience, everyone I've known to take drugs does so because of peer pressure. I mingle with a variety of people, most of whom my best friends could be classified as 'poorer' or 'working class'. In such a situation, it is common for me to be exposed to drugs. Not too mention all the other exciting events that follow along with gangs and crews.

Heck, even I started drinking because of peer pressure. The first time I drank, in the absence of my parents, was a few years ago. At a friends party, where upon stepping into their backyard I was thrusted a bottle of tequila, and basically coerced to 'scull' it. And I did. From there, it was a while longer before I became responsible and said no when appropriate.

Oh, and yes, sex is over-rated. In most regards, anyway.

Alcar...
What I mean is, people who constantly bitch about drugs being bad are really boring to hang with. You end up not having a good time because they put a downer on your group, and attempt to stop you from taking drugs with their lectures and pep talks on drug health. Sorry if I offend, but I just don't like Frank much.

I'm a responsible guy, so don't get me wrong here. I don't do ANY of the heavy drugs. Pills is as far as I go, and these days I refuse to touch them.

And you've read wrong; I usually entertain people when I'm sober, I'm generally a lot less entertaining when I'm wasted, but that still doesn't stop me from having a good time while I'm at it. I honestly laugh at people who do weed and things just to maintain an image... I mean what's the point? At about 20 quid per 8th, that's quite a pricey image. I don't need to be stoned to be cool, I have good friends who like me regardless of my mental and physical state.
03-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
What I mean is, people who constantly bitch about drugs being bad are really boring to hang with. You end up not having a good time because they put a downer on your group, and attempt to stop you from taking drugs with their lectures and pep talks on drug health. Sorry if I offend, but I just don't like Frank much.
That used to be me. But I wouldn't bitch, I'd just exploit their guilt to get them to quit. It worked, but once I stopped, after realising that eventually, it is up to the individual to make the decision. And they started right up again. One particular friendship in this regard is not really in existence any more, to say the least.

From my point of view, I just don't wish to harm my body in that way. And while I am fully aware that Alcohol does the same thing, I too have been bitten by the hypocrite bug.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

03-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

I drink as much as possible. Don't binge drink. Yet. But i have tons of mates who do. Want to try pot. Got offered some in Camden, but it wouldn't be clean. Don't want to smoke for some reason though.

Don't tell me it's bad for me or shit like that. Eating a shitty lump of dead animal is much worse for you i'm sure.
03-15-2005, 08:30 AM
typhonblue
Bolamite

typhonblue  (10)

:
Sex is overrated. Period.
Is it? I hadn't noticed.

:
I really can't stand it when people shake their heads and tut, and try to tell me that it's bad for me and that I shouldn't have let people pressure me into it. As though enjoying myself is some kind of cardinal sin - yep go ahead, whip your dick out and piss on my bonfire, thanks.
I don't think it's a cardinal sin. I think people do it because they are bored. And they are bored because they are boring. Usually finding something fun fixes it up quick.

Most grow out of it. Some don't.

But, as always, this is my own opinion.

:
Well to all of you who think that I got pressured into trying it, I'm greatful, thank you so very much for implying that I have the willpower of a cowering retard - as it so happens I actually CHOSE to try all these drugs, nobody forced me. But hey ho, who cares about the facts right? It's the thought that counts.
I didn't know any of the "facts" before I posted. Nor was I refering to peer preasure at all.

:
Here's a little tip: If you don't like getting wasted or have some kind of problem with it, then don't post here. I don't wanna know about how boring you are to hang with, and I don't seem to remember asking you about how much you hated it in the first post.

Jesus.
Struck a nerve? I don't think we're as self-possessed a drunk as we think we are.

Here's a little tip for you: I bet you're bored. Get a real hobby.

Last edited by typhonblue; 03-15-2005 at 08:34 AM..
03-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

typhoon when I quoted you I was only referring to the post you made about sex being better than getting wasted.
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

I would probaly try and get drunk if i'm in a party or something, but I don't. So I don't ever drink, drugs and never smoke.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

03-15-2005, 09:27 AM
typhonblue
Bolamite

typhonblue  (10)

:
typhoon when I quoted you I was only referring to the post you made about sex being better than getting wasted.
Excellent.

What I said still applies however.
03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

I like getting wasted. Usually use beer, but sometimes something stronger. Like Vodka. Heck, I was on a trip to Barcelona once, and in the supermarket nearby, you could buy Wannabe-Malibu for like, 2 euros for a bottle. So ofcourse everyone bought stuff like that. So I was in someones room at one night, and we had a little party. Some dude next to me dared me to drink the whole bottle at once, so I did. The guy who owned the bottle wasn't happy, but I didn't care! I was too happy, strolling along the corridors of the hotel, in a Zig-Zag- sort of way. T'was fun...

But my all-time favourite drink has got to be Goldstrike. Ahh, it's tasty cinnamon flavour! Yum!
- And you're still a dick.

03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Shinjara
Thudslug

: Jan 2002
: Cumbria, England
: 171
Shinjara  (10)

I am currently quitting smoking ciggies & I have previously smoked weed for a while, but that won't happen again.

Where drinking is concerned, I love a Vodka & Coke every now & again, but I don't drink so much I get wasted, not a favourite feeling of mine I suppose.
03-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

:
I am currently quitting smoking ciggies
Congratz. Cigarettes are pretty much the only drug I frown upon.

03-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

I do heroin and crack pretty often, but smoking is disgusting.

And Dino, who the **** is Frank?

03-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

:
I'll take that as sarcasm. And I have no idea who Frank is.

03-15-2005, 03:12 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

I've never smoked or done drugs. I will admit that I contemplated selling some hydros left over from having my wisdom teeth taken out when I needed some quick cash though. But that would have been hypocritical, so I didn't. As for drinking, I don't... unless I'm tasting something my mom bought to satisfy my curiousity. Outside the home, I've had one drink like three years ago. Meh. Just not the way I get my kicks.

But hey, do as you please. I'm not one to judge you. I'll listen to why you choose to if you listen to why I do not. It's not just because of the health reasons; I've seen people completely foock up their lives because of stupid crap they did while under the influence of something. Plus, I still have memories of my alcoholic and druggy-ish father's violence while he was intoxicated. I refuse to let myself follow in his path as I could probably easily become some sort of adict as well.

03-16-2005, 04:04 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

:

And Dino, who the **** is Frank?
Frank is short for TalkToFrank, a british government agency which is attempting to cut down the number of people taking drugs. You phone in anonimously and they give you advice and motivation to help you stop.
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

I'm still too young to drink legally, so I just do that at home on special days. I don't drink much though, just those fruity drinks with very little alcohol in them. Mostly because my body reacts strangely to alcohol, I don't even have to get drunk to get a horrible hangover. Alcoholism runs in my family, so I'll try not to drink too much when I get the chance.
As for the other drugs, they don't apply to me much. Cigarettes disgust me (not smokers) and I don't feel an overwhelming urge to experience how the world is with pink leprechauns running around in it.

03-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

I don't plan on doing any drugs, and when I drink I never get wasted, I like to remember everything.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

03-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

'I haven't had a drink, smoke, or drugs of any kind...and I don't have the desire to do so in the future. That's just me.'

I know a few people who are doing that now, but not for religious reasons, solely because they want to. T'is called being 'xstraightxedgex'.

Which is poo, since when i get off my face, and act like a twat, they'll remember! Pooples!!

I like getting drunk mainly. Can't stand the smell of Weed though, eck! I'd probably do quite a few Drugs at least once. Bar Heroin.

Meh.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Leeum
Boombat

: Jun 2004
: UK
: 207
Leeum  (10)

Friday nights for me

Every thursday i chip in my £5 for weed and go out and do what comes naturally. We have a great time, have our bongs/ joints in a subtle place. It doesn't interfere with our education and we have a good laugh, I couldn't ask for more.

Smoking cigarettes isn't a problem for me, i know i have the power to give up when i want/ don't have enough cash. Alcohol is good but i prefer weed, just whatever we can get on a Friday does me. Anything but cider is fine, bad memories with that stuff ie 3 litres later and i was puking blood :/

It's up to you how you have a good time. You can do whatever you like and it won't make you a better person, it alters your state of thinking temporarily. I get a buzz out of it, as they say, whatever tickels your fancy

03-17-2005, 08:40 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

Musing:...Absinthe... What is so great about absinthe? Everyone, and I do mean everyone, are hyping about absinthe. As for me, I really don't see the greatness in this yucky green drink. Eck ;(
First of all, it tastes like shite. Period.
It's very pricy too; 45 euros per bottle. Nu-uh.
And you get a horrible hangover from drinking it.

Anyway...
Meh...
I smoke, I drink beer/ anything with alcohol in it, 'cept Campari--which tastes like shite-- +weed. Mmmm... weeeeed...*drool*

03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

I never realised we had so many stoners here...
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Leeum
Boombat

: Jun 2004
: UK
: 207
Leeum  (10)

:
I never realised we had so many stoners here...
*whistles*

:
What is so great about absinthe?
Agreed, the stuff sucks. I'd rather stick with some good ol' vodka
03-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Vodka gives me terrible hangovers, and i know if i'm going to get a hangover in the morning if i can taste the Vodka in my Vodka and Coke/Vodka and Orange/Vodka and Redbull.

Absinthe. Hmmm. I'm doing it this weekend for my 19th. Ugh. I can't believe how old i am!

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud