07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
spike 247
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Uxbridge,london,England
: 192
spike 247  (10)
Your own vendo

If you could make your own vedos what would it be and what wold you use it for?

07-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Ah, I made a few new Vendos a few months ago, but I've forgotten them all. All I remember was there was one that dispenced popcorn, but I can't remember what it was. There was also one that made Mudokons' skins more hardened, but also more brittle, so they were bullet-proof but would smash into tiny pieces if they fell off a cliff. To my recollection, I wasn't actually on anything that day, so its inspiration remains a mystery.

Thinking on the spot, I've come up with:
Aer - the fizzy drink that lets you retain your breath for extended periods (in gameplay terms, this results in a swimming Abe, or the ability to survive at the top of tall mountains and buildings);
UV-Gotit! - the ultimate sun block (lets Abe and Munch through really hot places like furnice housings, burning scrub and molten lava. Well, maybe that last one's a bit over the top);
Buzz Awf - pest repellant (but also sends Scrabs and Paramites scurrying).

And since we're on the subject, how come Abe and Munch drink Bounce? It's bubblegum!

07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

Phy vendo so you could Become a Pschic

07-22-2003, 03:02 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Haveing trouble possessing sligs or getting past the must uglyiest bunch of crustations? Well then try Trans vendo. one sip of this and no slig would even know your a Mud. Get past them sligs or just mingle with them!

What trans does is that what ever your looking at you transform or morph into that thing your looking at. Kind of like being invisable but only now your not invisable but you are one of them. It also works good on anything else that moves like scrabs and paramites etc even trees that awey in the wind.

Trans vendo The drink that transforms you within!

07-22-2003, 03:37 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I thought it would be cool to have a new flavor of Zap! The result would be a more powerfull beam, but you could hit a button to make the beam split into four! That way if your surrounded, you can kick some mega boody! There is a catch though...nothin' that good comes without a price! Multi-Zap's power time shortens every time you use the multi-zap option!

Max, I just love your Aer idea! Let's say that your a flying slig and you can't go too high, because when you do your ears explode! Drink refreshing Aer and it's smooth sailing............until it runs out! I could just see Abe making this flying slig have to complete a horrible task before the Aer runs out! I also luv UV-Gotit and Buzz-Awf! Oh the possibilities!

Let's see...I have to come up with an idea of my own!
Okay here's a couple! I'm sure to come up with more later. Tell me what ya think!

Lvitate!-the wonderful drink that makes you light as a feather! The result is being able to run fast without making noise to wake up sligs! This drink would also be able to be given to scrubs so they would get the same benefit! Kinda like fizzy lifting drinks, without the being chopped up by a spinning blade part! The drink was made so big-bro sligs could get more life outta their mechanical pants! They're so heavy that pants matenance was costing way too much; they had to be fixed constantly!Lvitate made big-bros light and happy...improving work by double and leg matenance virtually cut in half! Moolah saved!

Buff!-Finally, the drink that made Sligs into Big-Bro Sligs is now on the open market! New and improved! One drink and Babam! Abe drinks about five of these and he is completely bullet-proof! He gets so fat that all bullets virtually bounce off him! The ground also shakes as he walks! Think Abe...Hulk size! (Except he's blue!) The con is that he can't jump...bummer! But if he mixes with bounce, watch out! Drink Melt-off! to reverse the effects of Buff! Melt-off! is an incredible weight loss drink, made for lazy gluks who want to keep their figure without the hassle of going to the gym and wearing those goofy lookin' shorts! It also works for Big-Bro Sligs who want to go back to being joe normal!

07-22-2003, 04:35 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

OK, how about these:

Sligerette Vendos! What are sligerettes you ask...let me tell you! They are cigarettes specially formulated to addict sligs to them. Made by the Vykkers, sligerettes are just another way for them to make moolah. Abe can throw sligerettes to a group of sligs to distract them for a good while! Knowing sligs, they'll be greedy and end up KILLING each other to have the sligerettes all to themselves. And if one of them says " Hey look, its Abe!" the other sligs will just think that he's trying to distract them so he can have the sligerettes, so they'll just shoot him more! HEHEHE!

Honeycomb Vendos! Made by natives, these are just for Elums! Just throw one in the general direction of an Elum and he'll come a' runnin! And it heals them if they're hurt! A new way for lazy Elums to allow you to ride them!

Suicide Vendos! Compile your own mix of whatever ya want! You can only mix about 3 drinks at a time, but they last a little longer than other Vendos!

Goo Vendos! Ya need to get through a tiny crack? Just drink some Goo and your on your way! It turns Abe and friends into goo! It only lasts for a short while, so ya better get movin'!

Zap Vendo for Abe! Zap for Abe! Ya know how Bigface gives Abe those scars on his hands. Now Abe has the power to zap his enemies! Tired of just slapping sligs with your hands, now you can zap them with your hands!

07-22-2003, 11:38 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Spit Cigs! This is a new form of self defense for Glukkons. Since Glukkons love smoking, now Glukkons can go to this vendo which is in their office and press it with their head and out comes a lit cigar into the glukkons mouth. But this is no ordinary cigar its an explosive. When un wanted guess of the unlikely hero catagory comes snooping around their office the Glukkon simply goes to this vendo and gets his spit cig and simply spits the lit cigar at the on comming intruder. When it hits the ground BOOM goes the Spit Cig and good buy Abe. But lets just say the time limit on these explosives are rather short. Ah those Vykkers can't figure out why they explode early sometimes! Good buy Glukkon BOOM hehe

07-22-2003, 11:39 AM
spike 247
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Uxbridge,london,England
: 192
spike 247  (10)

My own vendo would be comup, I would use it for boosting up my common sense and tackling those hrad obsticalls. Pa I love your trans vendo Idea

07-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Blubbo-chub: allows Abe or Munch to slip through small areas because the bones turn to fat. (no i didn't copy yours, grig)

Chug-Muggs (not mine): allows you to melt ice.

Shry-kola: like zap, this boosts Abe powers, not Munch's and helps him control his shrykull power like walk around, zap various guys, etc.

07-23-2003, 04:34 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Grig had an idea for a sort of Zap Vendo for Abe and Sligslinger came up with the perfect name! Shry-Kola!

07-26-2003, 10:18 AM
LuLu_Fund
Thudslug

: Jul 2003
: Oddworld
: 164
LuLu_Fund  (10)

DocMiners BOOTS (4 all shapes and sizes)
Stretchable boots for both Abe and Munch to wear so they can walk over those nasty mines.

PARABITES / SCRABITES / SLOGBITES
Snack food bate for these parasites to distract them from Abe and Munch, who can then make a run for it.

Everyone's had great ideas on their vendos so far.

Visit LuLu_Fund's OFFICIAL website outside Oddworld :: click here

Last edited by LuLu_Fund; 07-26-2003 at 02:21 AM..
07-26-2003, 06:37 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

:
Originally posted by sligslinger
Blubbo-chub: allows Abe or Munch to slip through small areas because the bones turn to fat. (no i didn't copy yours, grig)

Shry-kola: like zap, this boosts Abe powers, not Munch's and helps him control his shrykull power like walk around, zap various guys, etc.
I thought those were mine!!! OH well.

CLIMB I can't remember if this was an actual vendo, so... CLIMB lets you climb up walls where there aren't ladders!

GlopGuns! For Vykkers, Sligs and Inters, just shoot and it instantly imoblizes any enemy on contact!

Last edited by GrigtheSlig; 07-26-2003 at 07:53 PM..
07-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Drunk

Whack Gas! Chuck a pellet 'o this stuff at someone, and they'll go Mad!
Note: known to cause premature deaths, epilepsy, nausea, and headaches. Conditions apply.
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

07-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

um, grig i said i didnt copy yours, i was gonna post them before you but my computer is f*cked up

07-27-2003, 12:35 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

We believe ya Sligslinger!

07-27-2003, 03:54 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

OK, it's ok sligslinger, I forgive you! You know what they say, great minds think alike!