07-11-2005, 07:03 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)
Behind the Ruins

(Note: I have been granted permission to make this RPG)

-An infinite number of members may join
-The RPG starts when at least six members join in
-People may join along the way
-A member may own up to four characters
-You can be any Oddworld specie

Backround:

All beings on Oddworld all thought that Necrum was only a place where the Mudokkons buried their dead. But there is much more to discover. Deep in the ruins of Necrum, there lies a secret that would send anyone’s hair rise on the back of their head. The secret even lies in the underground tunnels of Necrum Mines. But it is only a matter of time until the secret will be lost forever.

Rules:
-You must BE CREATIVE
-Use proper grammar (most of the time)
-No Power playing
-Follow the storyline
-Absolutely no swearing
-No short posts (unless it’s an OOC)
-Don’t control other people’s characters

The character bio would go a little something like this:

Name: (Put the name of your character)
Specie: (Put in what Oddworld specie your character is)
Age: (The age of your character. The number can’t go over 150)
Weapon: (You character’s weapon. Choose something that fits your character)
Birthplace: (The place where you character was born)
Accessories: (Any other things that your character carries, like a lucky charm or a hat)
Dislikes: (What your character doesn’t like)
(At the bottom of your bio you can put any kind of history and other things about your character)

The way you make your action posts is like this.
It’ll be kind of like one of those storybook type things.

If your character is going to say something, do this:
“I’m really tired.” Said Guy 1

If your character thinks something, do this:
‘Is this guy crazy?’ Thought Guy 1

If your character does something, do this:
Guy 1 walked over to the mysterious cave

Here’s an example post:

Guy 1 kept on limping down the path
“I sure am tired.” Guy 1 said.
He sat down for a moment.
‘I hope I’ll be safe sleeping here.’ Thought Guy 1

Extra info:

-I was focusing on a whole team trying to find out this secret. Here, there is danger as well. Temple Guardians, Scrabs, Paramites, Fleeches, and all those kinds of things. But the main question behind this team is this:

Who gets the money?

If they do find out what the secret behind Necrum is, there has to be one that tells it to the ODdworld Press and gets a huge pack of moolah. All of these people, well, they don't quite like to share.

-The landscape starts out in the entrance of Necrum, then they move to certian temples, then to go look at some anchient statues, onto Necrum Mines, go back to Necrum, crack symbols, and then the whole secret will be discovered.

Is anyone interested?
I'll wait.

Here are my characters:

Name: Kealton
Specie: Mudokkon
Weapon: Spear
Birthplace: Spooce Village
Accessories: None
Dislikes: Drunks, Factories, Wolvarks, and Cruel People

Kealton was always about adventure. He got more into his life when he met a Sea Rex named Menolesar. But sadly, Menoleasar died when Kealton was twelve. To this day, Kealton is still on the hunt for the person that killed his only friend.

Name: Wanderer
Specie: Slig
Weapon: Knife
Birthplace: Unknown
Accessories: Black cloak
Dislikes: Being noticed

A Slig that is not evil, but not good either. Nothing else is known about him.

Name: Slaga
Weapon: Spirit Energy
Birthplace: Herget (a slig village)
Accessories: A Blue eye instead of a Red one and a Golden Helmet
Dislikes: Bondage and Glukkons

Slaga is the Oddworld God of Freedom. He grew up a kind slig. After Slaga had received four different kinds of orbs and then killed his archrival Gertian, he became a God and stayed at the age of thirteen. Now he decided to come back to Oddworld for two years and get natives and slaves out of bondage.
07-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Hmmmm, this sounds intresting.

Name: Brandon
Species: mudokon
Weapon: spoocebow
Birthplace: Splinterz
Accessories: a sack that holds a blanket, pillow and compass.
Dislikes: being stuck in his room, at a clean wedding/funeral and glukkons. They smell.

Brandon was born at Splinterz. The top money making factory at that time. Soon later he was rescued my Abe. When he ran throught the prtal he ran back toward the village with all the rest of his mudokon buddies. He thought that he could save his family and his village by getting the secret. So he packed his stuff and headed on to Necrum....

When can we start?

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

07-11-2005, 08:46 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

It said in the top post that the RPG would star twhen at least six members join.

Four more to go!
07-11-2005, 09:47 AM
MudokonGodWorshipMe!
Fuzzle

: Jul 2005
: Slig Barracks
: 102
MudokonGodWorshipMe!  (10)

interestinggg...

Name: Bob
species: Mudokon
weapon: spear, spoocebow
birthplace: Splinterz
accerories: backpack with all neccesary stuff in, war mask
Likes: adventure, teaming up with other mudokons, Brandon( hes cool)
Dislikes: the Magog Cartel, running into walls, slogs. he'll kill all slogs that cross his path.

07-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

I'll give it a go, and see what it's like:

Name: Hanate
Species: Mudokon Shaman
Weapon: Sling, his shaman powers.
Birthplace: Reole (mudkon village)
Accesories: Shaman paint and feathers, a bracelet around each wrist, a long wodden, ornate staff.
Likes: Meditation, tranquility, Exploring the mind, levitating mountains with phsychic chants (Shamans can do that, read their bio on the official page on Oddworld.com)
Dislikes: Invaders, violence, Industrialists, Abe (he's jealous and has been beaten by Abe at every quest)

Bio: Hanate was born in the Mudokon village of Reole. He trained for many years under its old shaman, and eventually became a full fledged shaman himself. He was ready to undertake the quest at the Monsaic Lines until word came that a Mudokon calle Abe had already done it and freed a full factory. He then attempted to get to Necrum, gain the Weirdos' gift and drive away the Industrialists. he reached it, but it became apparent that Abe had beat him to it again! He tried to get out and do another noble task, but he found himself lost. He is still there when this search party arrives, having become almost a hermit.
07-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Very good, nice idea. I'm looking forward to discovering this secret!

Name: Harger
Specie: Big Bro Slig
Weapon: Sniper rifle, small pistol, whip
Birthplace: Vykkers Labs
Accessories: Palmtop computer, infra-red scope on mask
Dislikes: Other sligs, vykkers
Harger is a freelance bounty-hunter. he happened to hear about the "secret of Necrum" so he packed his bags, threw em in at Feeco Depot and took a handcart to what's left of the Necrum mines. He never saw those bags again...

Name: Brian
Specie: Mudokon
Weapon: Hunting knife, several gas grenades
Birthplace: Where did Sam live? There. I'll update when I find out. (MO isn't my strong point)
Accessories: Bird's feather taped to the side of his head, fake tattoos scribbled on his hands.
Dislikes: The natural life, Harger
Brian was "rescued" from a life of slavery by Harger, who bought him as an assistant. Since then he's been on several hunts and gets frustrated very easily with his boss.
He is obsessed with nature and a native lifestyle but is an industialist at heart. He couldn't live without his home-comforts, but since all their luggage got left at Feeco...

That's 5...

07-11-2005, 04:33 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Yea, I'm joining too I like your characters Splat.

Name: Nilbog
Weapon: a standard rifle.
Birthplace: The magog.
Accessories: A compass and a map over the outer necrum.
Dislikes: "Evil" sligs, that the industrialists keep destrying nature.

Nilbog was born in a Magog facility, but couldn't stand the hatred between Mudokons and sligs, so he decided to escape from the factory, rather than going insane. After that, he changed his identity, and lives as a normal slig. He went out on alot of adventures, but now he's heard about the secret of Necrum, and hopes it's something that could restore peace between Mudokons and sligs.

I'll add my second character soon... i just don't know if the comp'll block before i get to do it.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Cool. Guess we can start and other people can join along the way.

Kealton is in the front of his group line, Slaga is second, and Wanderer is last. The others are leading ahead of them.
"Hey Slaga." Said Wanderer.
"What?" Slaga asked.
"Are you a real god?" Wanderer asked.
"Yes I am."
"Oh. That's cool.
"C'mon guys. We need to catch up to the rest of the group." Ordered Kealton.
The three of them pick up the pace and get closely behind the group.
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

Abe16  (11)

Brandon walked alonged the caked mud in Necrum. "Man, it would be cool if this mud was wet." brandon said. He heard some talking."What was that?" brandon asked himself. 'Looks like more people want the treasure, better hurry.' Brandon thought. So as he wanderd along the trail looking for signs he heard more talking. he walked even faster, but tripped and fell flat on his face in front of Slaga.

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

07-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Hanate heard voices and footsteps. "At last!" He thuoght "Civilization., I can get out of this ghost city at long last!" He readied his sling just in case, and, grippnig his staff and other possesions tightly, he moved towards the voices. he peered at them from behind a rock "Sligs working with a mudkon. How strange." He said to himself. "But, it's still some other life besides Fleeches." he wandered down to them, keeping out of sight just in case they were unfriendly.

OOC: In hindsight I should have done another character, maybe a Slig. But ah well.
07-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Harger and Brian arrived at the wrecked station of Necrum Mines.

Brian climbed down from the hand-cart (one of the things you pump like Abe used to get to Feeco in AE) and looked around. "Wow, this place is a bit of a fixer-upper."

Harger: "Shut up and help me get down from here."
He threw several large bags down at Brian and scrambled off. Brian opened one of the bags. "Uh, bossman, this isn't our stuff."
Harger: "WHAT! What do you mean, not our bags?"
Brian pulls several pairs of shoes out of the bag. "Well i didn't pack all these shoes... Or... what in the oddness of the world is that?"
Harger looks into the bag at what Brian is pointing at. "I... don't want to know..." He opens one of the other bags. "Well we've at least got my weapons... and the digging stuff. And some of your stuff is in here."
Brian: "But where's the tent... and the cooking stuff... and the TV?"
Harger: "I guess they got left at Feeco. We'll pick em up when we go back."
Brian: "But how are we gonna survive out here without even the barbeque or the stereo?"
Harger: "Don't worry, we'll find away." he throws the bag of digging tools at Brian. "Hold that would ya, I've got a, uh... bad back..."

07-12-2005, 06:00 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"Are you alright?" Asked Slaga "Just remember to be careful next time. Okay?"
Slaga walked over to Kealton and Wanderer. Wanderer was carving a stick with his knife and Kealton was practicing his fighting skills for an unfortuanate reason.
"C'mon guys, pick up the pace. This looks like a nice place to dig." Slaga said.
"Oh! What? Okay, Sleba." Replied Wanderer.
"It's Slaga."
"Oh. Okay."
All three of them got a tiny shovel from their bags and started digging.
07-12-2005, 06:20 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OK I'll add my second Chararacter.

Name: Terra
Specie: Wild Slig.
Weapon: Has learned to use his tentacles as a weapon, just like paramites. His claws and fists.
Birthplace: Necrum.
Accessories: Some weird tattoos on his right arm.
Dislikes: People that disrespect him. Friends.

Was born in the wild and stayed in the wild. He lives in a small slig-flok in the necrum-region, where they hunt and do whatever they want to. Terra has learned how to kill fleeches, paramites and Scrabs. But is still vulnerable to Bats.
Terra is an excellent tree-climber and swinger. He also knows The necrum-region pretty well, but never found this so-called secret.
Wild sligs are stronger and more muscular than sligs with pants, since they use evry muscle in their body.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

07-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

Abe16  (11)

"Uhhhh, thanks." He said. "I was, wondering, I haven't been too lucky. I've been searching allllll over there." he says. he points to a place where holes are everywhere. "So, can i join you guys? If it's not a problem." Brandon asked in the most persuasive tone and look.

07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"I don't see anything wrong with it." Replied Slaga. "Sure, you can join us."
"Hey, Slelga!" Wanderer yelled out from a deep hole.
"It's Slaga!"
"Whatever. I think Kealton and I found something."
Slaga floated down into the hole.
"It's a type of skeleton. A Mudokkon one." Said Kealton.
Wanderer, bored at the moment, had the skeleton scratch his armpit, scratch his head, and then had him pick his nose.
"Ha ha. Very funny." Said Slaga in sarcasm.
07-12-2005, 10:07 AM
MudokonGodWorshipMe!
Fuzzle

: Jul 2005
: Slig Barracks
: 102
MudokonGodWorshipMe!  (10)

Bob had not gotten very far. "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" " snore" he was asleep

07-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Hanate had been following Slaga's group for some time, pobserving what they were doing. He judged they were alright until Wanderer messed around with the skeleton. This angered him and he lept out from the rock he was hiding behind
" Stop right now! How dare you defile the body of a dead mudokon, leave this place, you grave-robbing vandals!" He readied his sling, incredibly angry that they would disrespect the dead like that. also he hadn't had much to do in the past few years so figured this might be a bit of a nice change.
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

Abe16  (11)

:
Bob had not gotten very far. "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" " snore" he was asleep
OOC: Ummm, about your post. you need post more than one line like the rest of us.

Brandon started digging also. He dug and dug and dug and dug and dug and dug. he finally hit something too. "HEY GUYS!" Brandon yelled at the top of his lungs, since digging so low. "I THINK I FOUND SOMETHING!" he yelled again. He dug it up. It was a box. he opened it and found a bitten corndog, a picture of a mudokon and a boy and dirty glasses. "Well, luck isn't on my side today." Brandon said to himself sadly. it finally reached the dawn of night.

07-12-2005, 12:44 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Wanderer froze and dropped the skeleton.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to remind you guys." Said Kealton. "There might be kiddish time capsules here, so watch out for those."
"Kealton, I think I'm goanna make some studdies about this skeleton. It looks supicious." Slaga said
"O....o..o...okay. H..here....y.y.you....go." Replied Wanderer in a scared voice.
Wanderer slid the skeleton over to Slaga with his foot.
Slaga grabbed the skeleton and floated out of the hole.
07-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Splat

Harger walked out of Necrum Mines with Brian behind him, carrying their bag.

Brian. "Alright, now we're out, where do we start looking?"
Harger shrugs. "I dunno."
Brian: "You mean you dragged me all the way out to the middle of nowhere without even knowing where to look when we got there???"
Harger: "You're the nature-freak, you tell me where to look!"
Brian: "How would I know, I've never been here before!"
Harger: "So, you read those books about it all day!You know more about the muds than I do!"
Brian sighs and looks around. "There you go, that rock has something painted on it. Looks like a mudokon running away from something. Try digging there."

07-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

Abe16  (11)

Brandon kept digging and digging and digging again. he made a cave with tunnels! He took some of the sticks on the ground and made ladders on the hold he dug first. "Hey guys, why sleep on the cold hard ground when we can sleep in here with warm candles I made?" Brandon asked. There was a living room, fireplace and even a ping pong table. Brandon showed them in.

07-13-2005, 09:34 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"Wow. Fancy place." Said Wanderer
"Shmatzy!" Kealton commented.
"It's like a work of art." Described Slaga
Wanderer took his cloak off and sat down.
"There's only one thing missing." Slaga had pointed out.
Slaga made a hand gesture and that made the shadows of every single thing in the underground home form shapes of mystical objects and native heroes.
07-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Hanate peered in and wandered over. "Nice place." He commented. "Oh, sorry if I sytartled you before, I just don't lie grave being disturbed. Oh and I haven;t seen another Mudokon or Slig for years as I got los there, so I've mostly forgotten how to socialize. May I just ask: Why are you here in Necrum? It's empty, and I should know, I've been stuck wandering here for a long time."
07-13-2005, 10:22 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"There is a secret that lies here in Necrum." Slaga began. "Kealton, Wanderer, and I are planning to discover it and keep it safe from people that don't deserve it."
Slaga made the dancing shadows go away.
"I must make studies on this skeleton. Please don't disturb me." Ordered Slaga.
He sat down and began to make his studdies on the Mudokkon skeleton.
07-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Hanate thought "A secret? Hmm, the only 'secret' i can think of is a Fleech nest that is impossible to get into, the pests just keep suckering you with their tongues. And what are you trying ot find on the skeleton? I've seen lots of them in my time here and they all are just a pile of bones." Hanate mused, before sitting down, crossing his legs, closing his eyes and mediating to relax.
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Splat

It was getting dark.

Brian was digging around the stone. Harger was prodding the ground with his spade.
Brian: "You know, if you actually did some digging, we might get done quicker!"
Harger: "i've been thinking Brian."
Brian: "I'll buy you a card to celebrate the occasion."
Harger growls. "Why on Oddworld would you bury treasure under a stone with a picture of a guy running on it? Surely that would suggest... running?"
Brian: "Well this was your idea! We wouldn't even be out here with no luggage if it wasn't you you! You wanted to dig somewhere so I dug! What else did you want me to do?"
Harger: "Well digging in a sensible place might help! Why would there be a stone with a guy running on it?"

Brian threw down his spade angrily and looked up. He was still for a few seconds, looking at something over Harger's shoulder.
Brian: "Maybe cause we should be running..."
Harger: "And why is that?" He looks over his shoulder at a large and very angry looking scrab. "Ah, I see your point. I would also suggest we run." So they do.

07-13-2005, 04:04 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Slaga widely opened his eyes.
"I sense a disturbance above ground!" Yelled Slaga.
"Whadya' mean?" Asked Wanderer.
"I must go for a sec. Kealton, you take over for me!" Ordered Slaga as he quickly disapeared.
"Sure thing." Kealton said quietly.

Slaga made his way back to the surface and found a large scrab hunting down Harger and Brian.
"Oh no you don't!" Slaga yelled out.
He made one of his arms rise quickly. A huge lightning bolt struck the scrab and it fell to the ground, shaking.
07-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

Abe16  (11)

Here're my 2nd and 3rd character!
Name: Blake
Species: Vykker
Weapon: Saw bone
Birthplace: Vykker facility
Accessories: watch and TV watch.
Dislikes: muds, gabbits and gluks who cheat.

Name: Robert
Species: Vykker
Weapon: Advanced Snoozer
Birthplace: Vykker facility
Accessories: Watch, compass and food.
Dislikes:muds, gabbits and gluks who cheat.

07-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Splat

Harger freezes in shock. Being closer to the scrab, and therefore closer to the lightning, Brian screams in terror and leaps under the big-bro's legs.

Harger: (To Slaga) "How in the oddness did you do that?"

Noticing Brian shivering beneath him, he steps away and kicks him.

07-14-2005, 06:39 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"Oh, you mean the lightning? It's simple really, because I am a God. The God of Freedom that is." Explained Slaga.
There is a long silence.
"What?" Asked Slaga. "It's ture. See my Golden Helmet and my Blue Eyes?"
There is another silence.
"Hey Slaga! I think I made a bizarre discovery about this Mudokkon skeleton." Kealton yelled out from the hole.
"You think?" Asked Slaga. "Or you know."
Kealton froze for a few seconds.
"Let me see." Ordered Slaga.