Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

10-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Kenneth
Zappfly

: Oct 2006
: Behind you!
: 3
Kenneth  (10)
Wired Alternative Method for Completing the Final Challenge in the Modomo Vaults

I was just replaying Abe's Exodus and discovered an alternative method for competing the latter parts of this stage. Upon entering the stage from the Hub, and starting the chase after pulling the lever, run through the stage as usual until you roll off a ledge to go onto a screen below (Just after two Paramites drop from the ceiling). A wall will raise behind you and a ring will be to the left, a paramite will decend from above you. Rather than running to the right and pulling the ring, stay as close to the wall as possible and allow the Paramite to settle next to you, it won't attack unless you move to the right so it has room to pounce. possess the Paramite, have it pull the ring and move it onto the next screen to the right, this triggers a pair of Paramites to decend, have them follow you back to the right and tell them to wait. then you can run to the right for two screens and run off the cliff. You can then repeat this until they are all gone, and then you can just stroll through the next several screens!

Apologies if you already knew this, Just thought I'd share the knowledge!

Last edited by Kenneth; 10-30-2006 at 08:51 AM..
10-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Spirrow
Grubb Fisherman

: May 2006
: Where the rain don't go...
: 946
Spirrow  (25)

There are many ways of beating the levels of AO and AE. But I
have not played AE in a while so I'll have to check it out.

Did you know that most piles of green SoulStorm Brew bottles are
like beacons in Abe's Exoddus and tell you that there is a secret entrance
to a new area on the screen where you are.

10-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Kenneth
Zappfly

Kenneth  (10)

Yeah, I think the green bottles are a definative sign that a secret is near, I've never found otherwise as far as I can recall. But secrets aren't always identified by the bottles.

Last edited by Kenneth; 10-30-2006 at 09:12 AM..
10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Spirrow
Grubb Fisherman

: Where the rain don't go...
: 946
Spirrow  (25)

The bottles just mean the secret area is in the vicinity. I pretty found
every hidden screen in the game by now, probably.

Speaking of which, there's a hidden entrance of the very first screen
of the game when you start in the mines.

10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

:
I was just replaying Abe's Exodus and discovered an alternative method for competing the latter parts of this stage. Upon entering the stage from the Hub, and starting the chase after pulling the lever, run through the stage as usual until you roll off a ledge to go onto a screen below (Just after two Paramites drop from the ceiling). A wall will raise behind you and a ring will be to the left, a paramite will decend from above you. Rather than running to the right and pulling the ring, stay as close to the wall as possible and allow the Paramite to settle next to you, it won't attack unless you move to the right so it has room to pounce. possess the Paramite, have it pull the ring and move it onto the next screen to the right, this triggers a pair of Paramites to decend, have them follow you back to the right and tell them to wait. then you can run to the right for two screens and run off the cliff. You can then repeat this until they are all gone, and then you can just stroll through the next several screens!

Apologies if you already knew this, Just thought I'd share the knowledge!
Awesome. Still, it lowers the adrenaline level

About the secrets, I believe every secret is identified except for those identified in other ways e.g. a barrel of bones or a well(I mean, duh, if there is a well, it isn't really a secret, is it?)

10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
ZANGG
Thudslug

: Sep 2006
: New Zealand
: 196
ZANGG  (17)

I think there are two secrets that aren't marked. One is the one on the first screen, I have no idea where the other is. (I can't find it again)

10-30-2006, 06:33 PM
ZANGG
Thudslug

: Sep 2006
: New Zealand
: 196
ZANGG  (17)

Why not just get them all to follow you off the cliff?

10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Kenneth
Zappfly

Kenneth  (10)

If you have them follow you, as soon as you fall off they stop.
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
I think there are two secrets that aren't marked. One is the one on the first screen, I have no idea where the other is. (I can't find it again)
1. Don't double post
2. It's the one where there is a well which takes you up.

10-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

If uou are a Paramite, you can go to an edge, and turn facing away from the cliff, and keep telling them to "C'mon". They'll eventually try to get behind you and go off the cliff.
Works with Mudokons, too.
Make a Slog go into an electric wall be getting near it with a Slig and a Slog, tell the Slog to "Git' him". It'll charge forward a few paces, then return if there is nothing to attack. Unless there's an electric wall in the way. Zap.
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

True, but obvious considering the mechanics involved.