08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)
AE Bug?

When I play the Oddworld games, I use Enter to roll, and in AE, fart. All the while, this worked fine, and what could happen, after all?
But today, when I started up AE, I felt much like adventures in the Mundanchee vaults, I started up the aforementioned vaults from the level select screen, and it didn't start off at the start screen for some reason, but a little after that, on the path with the door and the well. Well, I shrugged that off, and started playing, and then I realized that Enter didn't work anymore - the only way Abe could run-roll or fart was by pressing X. At first I thought that maybe it's the keyboard - after all, it did come with the computer and must have cost the company about 5 bucks, but after repeatedly jabbing the Enter key in all possible methods, I had to rule the option out.
I've been using Enter all my life, and I don't know if I could get used to X instead, so, what I'm asking is, what caused this and how could I possibly fix it?

P.S. I was using the path skip cheat quite a lot the day before, maybe that messed up the program or something? But yesterday, when I was using the path skip, Enter worked to perfection.

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Kamille
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2005
: New Jersey
: 356
Kamille  (10)

ah bugs in the old oddworld games, plenty of those

08-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

It was probably just a miss-load or something. I'm left-handed and use the left shift key to run, so I wouldn't have a problem if Enter failed... although since it's been so long, I'm beginning to think I just push down while running to start rolling.
08-15-2006, 04:30 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

I've met that problem, and it's not just 'Enter' here. I possessed a Slig once, and went to handle the others. I pressed the Shoot button (Z), and it didn't work, so they shot me down. It was Y isntead. And there are times when I have to use the 0 on the NumPad isntead of the one under 'Esc'. I don't know if there's a fix for this, I got used to it. But it's rather annoying at first.

08-15-2006, 03:39 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Hm. There are times when the Z button doesn't work, but you just have to hold down 0 for a few seconds and it comes back again...
I've had a similar situation where it changed to X for some reason. But it wasn't permanent, so...

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

08-15-2006, 10:34 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

AE and AO are squeaky clean for me. None of these problems everyone is bitching about. By the way, I use X all the time. You can get used to it.

08-16-2006, 01:11 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Well, I've been using Enter for 8 years, so....

Anyway, I had to tamper with the .ini file a bit, but I managed to reset it back to Enter. Of course now, I can't use X, but I never use X anyway, so I suppose I should consider this problem sorted out. Thank y'all for your time.

*please close this now*

-ILoveHammy

08-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

:
AE and AO are squeaky clean for me.
No they aren't. I'm certain AO still says "push X to..." on menus.

The "push 0 reset" is a glitch based around the fact you had to hold shoulder buttons to say stuff on PS1. I think you can still trick the game into chanting if you hold 2 speech numbers. I remember Abe crouching when I tried to speak sometimes, for the same reason.
08-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

I HAVE IT ON PLAYSTATION! MWAHAHAHHAHAH! How I pity you...
I'd've thought there's a control setup, maybe somewhere at the top? Like in some emulators, you can assign the controls. Like the 'File' etc. bits that are up there. You should be able to somewhere.
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

No, with AO they took the PS version and reasigned the keys for PC... and that's about it. There's no customisable interface... beyond sound levels, I think.