Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Old Rooms of stuff.

The little girl was possibly about 11 or 12. She had classic European looks, a white, rosy-cheeked face with thin lips and cold blue eyes, topped by her brow and thin eyebrows that were currently low and concentrated on something in her lap. She wore a black dress that despite the occasional worn edge appeared to be well-looked after. Her blonde hair cascaded down in a pair of horizontal curls, in contrast to the rest of it which was straight and flat. She sat alone in the corner by the window, ignored by the other children.

She was an Orphan.

"It happened quite a few years ago," said the old man who ran the orphanage on the outskirts of Kyoto. "A government man brought her to me with some belongings and said that her parents had died in an accident. He paid all the fees and just left her here." The man scratched at his prickly beard, trying to recall more.
"Really..." said Rei, who was transfixed upon the little girl in the corner. "What's her name?"
The man sighed. "Some complex western name, I believe it's Elizabeth. No last name, so we just call her El-san." He chuckled. "She hates being called 'chan'."
Rei tugged on Sakura's shoulder and whispered in her ear.
"I think this is it!" Sakura looked at her close companion and sighed.
"Wait until we talk to her first, Rei."

The two college students walked slowly up to Elizabeth, as one would if they were trying not to scare a timid wild animal. The girl looked up at these two strangers, and her eyes narrowed with suspicion.
"Hello Elizabeth....M-my name is Rei Kazuki and this is my, ah, roommate Sakura Yoshino."
"Hello." said Elizabeth in clear Japanese, her voice one of cautiousness and intimidation. Sakura tried to smile, and warm up the situation, but instead started to shake. Rei and Elizabeth both stared at her.
"Sakura! Stop that, you're scaring her!" said Rei, taking the other girls' hands and shaking her. Sakura melted and fell forward, and nearly sent Rei sprawling.

The sound of soft laughter made them both turn around. Elizabeth's face was one of happiness, and she covered her mouth to desperately keep the giggles inside. Rei gave the little girl a smile, even as she blushed with embarrassment. Sakura was still clamped onto Rei's side like a Koala.
"You two are really funny!" said Elizabeth, "Why are you here?"
"What else do you come to an Orphanage for?" said Sakura, still a bit shaky, "to adopt a child."
Elizabeth stopped laughing abruptly, then pulled something hidden deep within her dress close to her chest.
"I don't want to be adopted." she said firmly, her cheeks puffed out and her lips taught like a child about to begin a tantrum.
Rei and Sakura looked confused, then crouched down next to her.
"Why not?"
"Because they always want to take away my name...and my cards!"
Elizabeth revealed a small tin box with the words Tarot written on them.
"My...my name and my cards are all I have from my real parents..." she managed, as a single tear rolled down her cheek.
"The fat Americans want to call me Amy and take me to live with them in their big car or it's some rich man who wants me to be a singer...I don't want to!"
Rei and Sakura were quiet for a moment. Then Sakura reached out and brushed the tear away.
"We won't change your name and take your card things away."
Elizabeth's head raised.
"Promise?"
"Of course!" chimed in Rei, "In fact, we'll let you do what you want as long as you don't trash the place!"
This resulted in an elbow from Sakura.
Elizabeth smiled.
"Then...I'd like to come with you...Rei-san and Sakura-san."
Rei and Sakura held out their hands.
"We'd be happy for you to."

The autumn wind blew over the Orphanage roof as a few hours passed while Rei and Sakura exchanged their meticulously-organized paperwork with the Orphanage director.
Finally, The two college students left the old building, with Elizabeth holding hands between them.
"Where do we live? Is it far from here?"
"Yeah! we live in the Roppongi District in Tokyo! We'll have to take a plane to get there!"
"Wow, I've never been on a plane before!"
"And when we get there, we'll go shopping and buy you some more clothes, and some stationery, and food shopping..."
"Oh, we'll need to get some more pillows, Rei."
"Why? We have six."
"Yes, but you always use four of them and I get stuck with two."
"So give one to Elizabeth..."
"Rei!"
They stopped and began to wait for the Taxi.
"Um...which one of you is...what do I call you?"
Rei and Sakura stopped in their tracks.
"Uh....Rei-Okasan and Sakura-Okasan."
"You're both my mother?"
"Uh. Yeah."
Elizabeth smiled.
"Okay!"

The newly-formed happy family were driven off through the quiet streets, and the night sky began to settle in.

The End.

-----------------------------------

I wrote this a long time ago, which is why it's remarkably crap. I found it again and reminded myself of how simple I was. So yeah, enjoy it.
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

: Dec 2007
: Stafford
: 9,537
Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

That's actually very sweet.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
enchilado
I don't even know!

: Nov 2009
: Brisbane, Australia
: 2,749
enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

I enjoyed it. Good work.