08-19-2002, 11:27 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Wired Membors creating art for the background

I don't know if this sounds good but I think there should be some kind of forum concept artist. I know of a lot of members such as myself who are really good with art. I see it in the art page.

So I was thinking maybe we should have a member or a team of members create his or her own designes for the forums background elements. We would do them and then submit them on a page or through e-mail for those of us who don't have web spaces. This could be like a yearly thing or a monthly thing. where who ever is an excellent artist such as myself can create designes and then have a vote on which one we want and then use it.

It would be cool because we could create our own Oddworld concept art for the back ground of the forums. I believe this will make people be more active plus it would be fun. Plus for people like me who are taking a major in art it would be sort of a test on how good you can really be. Lastly I like to stress that maybe if we could do this then OWI could see bran new talent and consider jobs. Just a thought. You know?

What do you think?

08-20-2002, 12:21 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

That is a wonderful idea. That really shows that the forums is a member forum....It would show art work from are members..And get them more involved. Thats exactly what is needed
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Just wondering, what would bcome of the rest? I'm all for it, believe me, but would there still be the different options? That could be a whole set of its own, probably. A Background made up of Oddworld Fan background. Maybe even go on for a Native/Industrial sets, or just a combined ones. Thers lots of potential.
08-20-2002, 03:58 AM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Hey, I like that idea! Perhaps we can incorporate people's art and designs into user-selectable "forum skins," so that anybody can use it in their browser! It may be quite a bit of work though... we need to figure out how the forum skins work.

08-20-2002, 09:12 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

What a great idea!!! That would really work.

08-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

Hey! I think that's a great idea, too! I'm a fairly good artist... I'd try to contribute if this idea were implemented.

08-20-2002, 07:36 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I am glad to see such a postive response to this idea. I say we do it. I have a digital camera myself so I can go ahead and do my paintings and drawings and then take a picture of it and then put it on a disk and save a bunch of my work on file. That way if we do this I can take it from my file and make an attachment on what ever board we need to put our ideas on. If we do this we should make a list of people who would be interested such as myself and then give them a certain amount of time to come up with his or her work. That way they could build an organized portfolio for them selves sort of and use it later on down the road if not voted for as a forum design. You know?

08-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

Hey this idea sounds spiffy. But I can't imagine the work that the admins have when the whole bunch of drawings are going to suffocate them. . .
Well, I would love to be one of the artists who can co-operate!

08-22-2002, 02:18 PM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)

:
Originally posted by Alector
Hey this idea sounds spiffy. But I can't imagine the work that the admins have when the whole bunch of drawings are going to suffocate them. . .
Well, I would love to be one of the artists who can co-operate!
wow! The reliable Superstar has come back on@this forums.!!

atusiya@'s father...
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

09-09-2002, 11:49 AM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

I llike it, but i've seen some forum sites with background images. It ain't pretty. But, this could look good.