Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

12-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Nov 2002
: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
: 12
Flamer the red  (10)
Sad Fan Fiction Help

Can anyone help me, I am not very good at FanFic and if anyone has info they can use to help me then please help.
If this doesnt make sense then sorry!

Thanks

Splat is my savior!

12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Well getting good at fanfics takes alot of practice. First you should just experiment with ton's of different ideas and remember once you come up with a story its alright to change it as many times as you want.

Another thing to do is be very discriptive without describing too much (I know it sound's complicated). Let each character have uniqe traits and let the reader feel for them by talking about them and what they go through.

If you're going to have a Character die then let the reader get to know feel for it more than the others and right before its death bring out the Characters personality more. I have more tips if you wan't them just PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

12-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

What do you want to know exactly?

12-06-2002, 09:04 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy

I am also a fairly good writer so if you have any questions feel free to ask me.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

12-07-2002, 12:23 AM
sO fReAkIn oDd
Howler Punk

: Sep 2002
: They keep me in the closet! RUN! GET HELP!
: 337
sO fReAkIn oDd  (11)

Oh Khanz, how modest.

But I also write stories in the Fan Corner and have been told they're quite good. If you need to ask me or anyone else in the Fan Corner a question, feel free to.
12-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Flamer.....Im a rubbish writer, so feel free to ask me anything N ask these guy they are some on he best fan fic writers I know (and I know about a few!)

12-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Yes all these people are great resources. I too would be delighted to be of assistance, I have written a few stories, and am trying to always give feedback to most of the stories around here. I am always around FC, as well as most of the time Alector the other FC mod. So For further assistance please send me a PM, and I would happily help you out. Or be looking for my new help topic that was suggested by another member.

Sincerely, Al the Vykker Fan Corner Moderator
12-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Nov 2002
: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
: 12
Flamer the red  (10)
Happy Thanks!

This is to everybody who replied so far, and I'm hoping (If my forum connection works!) to post the first part of my own fanfic, just don't expect regular updates!

Splat is my savior!

Last edited by Flamer the red; 12-18-2002 at 01:34 AM..