Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

04-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Cort

: Mar 2005
: U.S.A.
: 11
Cort  (10)
Cross-Over Art, Disgaea Meets Wind Waker

Some of my most recent tinkerings with PhotoShop. Using some of the stock concept art for "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" I cloned the box art for "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness". Turned out pretty fun actually, both games have a real sense of fun to their artistic styles, so it crossed over pretty seamlessly.

The Hybrid Zelda Box:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gaea-Final.jpg

The Original Disgaea Box:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a-Original.jpg
04-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Martian
Thudslug

: Nov 2004
: UK
: 162
Martian  (10)

Pretty good work there.
04-18-2005, 04:04 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

That's awesome, sir. Nice photo editing.

One comment. I know you were working with what the Disgaea box gave you, but the white in the Zelda "old man" panel seems a little distracting. Perhaps there's too much negative space in that one panel, but the corresponding Disgaea panel seems a little more engaging.

Anyway, don't mind me. That's still some top-notch editing there.
04-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Cort

: Mar 2005
: U.S.A.
: 11
Cort  (10)

No, you're absolutly right. I'd noticed it last night and even devised a way of fixing it, but I didn't for some reason. Probably because I fixed a dozen other things and went to sleep. But with it fresh on my mind I'll touch it up right now. The above link will host the updated version in just a few minutes.

EDIT: And it's updated. A simple lock of hair turns the white from an ackwardshape to a flowy strip, just as the original's did with the hair. I've actually added a few filler bits that I'd first overlooked. The Purple Chu in the pink panel replaced a bomb, while a chunk of Blue Chu replaced a moon in the upper blue panel, and I added lit windows above the Kokiri just like the original. It's surprising how little pieces like that can turn a bland spot more viewable.

Last edited by Cort; 04-18-2005 at 08:06 AM..