04-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Martian
Thudslug

: Nov 2004
: UK
: 162
Martian  (10)
Happy He. 2 - Dark Happiness

Holy crap! I haven't done anything on this story for AGES. But now, it is finally finished. Enjoy and leave comments if read

Prologue
Perhaps it was the fact that he was blinded from the truth by his happiness. The truth that his parents kept secret from him.

The boy was on his own again. Living on the streets, sleeping on the cold floor. He still fully didn’t understand what he had found in his parents’ bedroom.

He remembered it so vividly. The papers. The words he read. The tears that dripped from his eyes onto the paper, smudging the ink as it slid down it. The papers made him run away from home.

The boy still had unanswered questions.

Chapter 1
The morning was cold; a thin layer of ice covered the ground. The boy was curled up in a ripped, green blanket on a street somewhere. His eyes slowly opened. He sat up in his blanket.
“Mum!” he called. But his mother was nowhere to be seen. He reminded himself what had happened to him. Disappointed, he fell back down and covered himself with the blanket once again.

He was woken up by a sharp pain in his stomach and laughing. He opened his eyes and looked down at his pocket. There was a hand reaching inside it, shuffling about. As soon as he could sit up and stop the three children, the remainder of the boy’s money was gone and he had been brutally kicked in the stomach numerous times.

Chapter 2
The boy couldn’t continue living this way. He imagined himself dying on the streets of starvation, the pigeons pecking at his flesh.

The boy fastened the rope around his neck and stepped up onto the small wooden chair in the garage. Tears ran from his eyes. With his left foot, he kicked the chair away, leaving his body to hang from the rope tightly fastened to his neck. Choking noises flew from his mouth. Then they stopped.

Chapter 3
The boy lay on the cold pavement. As people walked along, their feet passed straight through his body. As his eyelids opened, a blurred image came into his view. It was the dark winter sky. He gasped and got to his feet. As he looked at his hands, they were transparent. He fell to his knees, quietly repeating the word “No”. His voice got louder until he was finally shouting.

As the boy thought more about this, the more saddened he became. He was back to beginning. He had gotten so far. He had reclaimed his family. He had reclaimed existence. But now, he had neither.

The boy was more confused than upset. He needed to find out once and for all who was doing this to him. Who was putting him inside and outside these different worlds. He decided to go back to his home. His home in this world.

Chapter 4
The boy walked up the hard path to his house’s front door. He passed through the door into the main hallway of the house. In front of him were the stairs, and beside him were two doorways with their doors wide open. The lounge on his left and the kitchen on his right.

He heard shuffling and movement coming from the lounge. He slowly walked through the lounge’s doorway. Kneeling on the floor was a man hidden by clothes of some sort. His head-piece was black with little holes for his eyes, and it looked like it was make of wool. The rest of his clothes were casual looking but dark in colour.

The man picked up all he could from the lounge and put it in his large sack. The boy just stood there and did nothing. He couldn’t do anything. It was his only choice: to stand there, with his arms by his side, his head facing the floor.

The man ran through the boy’s body and out through the front door. He had watched his family’s house being burgled.

Chapter 5
The boy remembered the papers that he had found in his parent’s bedroom. He recalled every word. Every word that made pain rush through his body, every word that made his head ache. He read them out to himself.

"To the parents of Alex Fin,
We have noticed that you are taking care of a child that has been passed illegally from this world to another, and back again. Due to the seriousness of this, your child, Alex, will be placed into a prison in the Zero Dimension. He will remain in this prison for the rest of his life. Please could you bring your child to the high courts. Thank you for your time.

The High Courts of Worlds"

That’s why Alex had run away. He couldn’t face being a prisoner due to someone else’s actions. Who was illegally passing him to and from these worlds every time he died? Every second his body died and began rotting away, someone, somewhere, was grabbing him with and throwing him into another world.

It was confusing even for him. It seemed the world where he was existent was his own world, the world where he was born, and the world where he didn’t exist, or so it seemed to others, was the world that he had been illegally passed to.

Then he decided his final destination. The High Courts of Worlds.

Chapter 6
Alex stood outside the enormous silver building. It stretched far above the clouds. The sun gleamed off its silver exterior. Alex stepped up the stairs to the massive silver door to a small, golden box. It had a speaker and a small, red button. He pressed the red button, and began to speak.

Alex’s mouth moved, and sound came out. But the person on the other side of the intercom seemed to be ignoring him. Alex spoke again. And again. And again. Still, no answer. It seemed that not only could he not be seen, but he couldn’t be heard by other people.

He heard footsteps behind him. Loud footsteps. Alex swivelled around. In front of him was a man, about 5 feet tall. He was wearing a black t-shirt, and jeans, which were slightly ripped at the knee. He wore Nike trainers, and black socks which were pushed down at the ankle. He had black, spikey hair and he wore glasses. He stopped walking and spoke.
“Hello, Alex. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”
Somehow, this man could see him.
“Who… who are you?” asked Alex.
“My name is Tom. Tom Holmes,” replied the man, offering a hand shake to Alex. Alex accepted and they shook hands for a brief moment.
“Come with me, Alex.”
Alex and Tom walked away from the giant silver building.

Chapter 7
“I’ve been watching you Alex,” began Tom. “Watching you all your life. And you’ve been looking for me. I know you have.”
Alex knew who this mysterious man was now.
“But why… why did you pass me through these worlds?” asked Alex.
Tom stopped walking, and so did Alex.
“You see, Alex. You’re not like other humans.” Tom and Alex started walking again. “I knew that as soon as you were born. I needed you. I needed you for an army. Your power is… unbelievable.”
“But… how?” asked Alex.
“Alex, you are an artificial human,” explained Tom. “Your arms and legs are artificial, made of one of the most powerful metals in the world. I knew you would be an excellent base for my army.”
“Army?”

Alex and Tom were in a dark room. Tom clapped his hands, and the room was flooded with bright light.
“This army, Alex.” Tom pointed to millions of people, standing there silently. Alex looked closer. This army was an army of Alex. Every soldier was Alex.

Last edited by Martian; 04-15-2005 at 03:43 AM..
04-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Martian
Thudslug

Martian  (10)

I thought more people would have been interested in this. Ah well...
04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Wow, that story was so sad. I really liked it! Sorry it took me so long to reply-I didn't know that you had posted this up. Well, now the truth about Alex is finally revealed-I honestly wasn't expecting what I heard at the end of that last chapter!

04-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Martian
Thudslug

Martian  (10)

Yeah I added a little twist to the end