Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

03-08-2005, 07:08 AM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)
Doomed Universe....

OK, I usually draw pictures of sci-fi creatures, humans and demons. Shit like that. Well now I might as well write about it. Tro try and give my drawings, a story. Occasionally if I mention something big, say a Titan Mech, I will post a picture usually. This story will be based on elements of Warhammer, Doom 3, and other stuff. So for now, I give you the races of the Universe.

UCS (Universal Colony Security) Marines
Just like our solders, they aren't the best trained compared to other things, they are called for battle if the planet they are guarding is under attack, or if the Iron Legion needs reinforcements. Troops are armed with but a rifle, uniform, and a helmet. A ''technical troop'' is assignred to each squad. This is an engineer, who will upgrade their tiems with battlefield salvage.

Iron Legion
The get their name, because the soldiers are so unmoving, and covered in Iron Armour. They look like space marines from Warhammer, but silver. These were marines once, but the marine has proven himself in combat, and has an offer. He can either leave his identity behind, get Iron Legionairre surgery, and become an Iron Legionaire. Or he can continue his simple life, as a marine. The Iron Legion are UCS, but always attack first, before having marines sent.

Chaos Legion
Iron Legionairres gone bad. The chaos gods, Plague, Madness, Death and War, offer these soldiers, ''gifts'' . The plague god infects them with viruses, and the only chance of survival is to join him. If you don't, you die, and the virus rises you from the dead as a chaotic zombie. Madness, plays with your head. Making you insane, and killing your own teammates. Death, kills you instantly, or inflicts the most fearful thing you can imagine on you. Either way, you join him before or die and become an Oni. War, fills you with the rage to murder, you will kill all around you. After they do any of these things, their only path is Chaos....

Orks
This is a mix of horrible, green creatures, who have lived longer than man. The clans are Hogz, War Dogz, Sneeky 'uns and Tech 'eads. The hogz are laziest, often fat. They get their name from the pig snouts, they seem to have as noses. War Dogz are the most dangerous, and most strict. They have dog-like faces, and are often bare-chest. Should one become bloated, or lazy, he will be cut open, and fed to the enraged dogs they keep as pets. Sneeky 'uns, are stealthy. They are responsible for getting the Tech 'eads technology, by stealing blueprints, or prototypes, and giving them to the Tech 'eads to work out. The Teach 'eads are the major threat of the orks. They use the stolen blueprints, and make into an orkish version. They already have blueprints for a titan mech, which is larger 3 Sky scrapers....

More races soon.
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: Nov 2004
: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Those are interesting profiles, Cyber-Slig. I can't wait to see more and I especially can't wait until you write your story.

03-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Thanks. Some more bios, then I start

Undead
Souls of soldiers on the battlefield, resurected by necromancers of Orks, Chaos or a Cult. The creatures refuse to obey, and stick to small, farming planets. Each is in a ''tribe'', which is actually made up of dead, who died in the local area. They each have basic ranks. The zombie, a creature who is fast, unlike our zombies. The only things that stop them from being as strong and fasr as humans, is injuries. Then the ghoul, a mutated corpse. Then a champion, undead which were great warriors once. And the leader, an undead, whose name is feared by all, and gets his title from sheer strength, or magic.

Scar
Scar are a mix of creatures, they aren't a specific race. A child born from any race, who is covered in horrible scars, is a Scar. Most parents can't bare to kill it, so they leave it, or very foolish parents keep it. By the time it reaches teen age, it will murder it's parents, and leave for a Scar planet. There are less than 1000000 of these warriors in the universe, but they are highly difficult to kill. Even dead ones, get bionic enhancements, and come back. Their leader, for example, was killed by UCS assassins. Yet his skeletal corpse, lives due to the sheer genius of their bionics. All Scar are noticable by the helmets they were, and the clothing. They will always wear this, if it has been destroyed, look out for scars on the body.

''Viking'' Bots
These robotic fiends, raid farming planets also. Killing undead, and raiding poor villages is how they survive. Each has a leader, who is a cyborg. His parts, will determine his robot's parts. If he has orange, warrior droid parts, then so will his robots. They rely purely on salvage. But fortunately for civilians, an expected force, will help, for the salvage. The tech 'ead orks, can be called from a black-market in the villages, they will often charge some salvage from the village, but not much, as when they got on the planet, the viking bots will be ripped to shreds by them, and the salvage will help orks further. The orks will not attack the planet however, as they have no interest in small, farming planets. Big cities is what they like.

The Mutants
This race, is horrible in appearance, but strangely enough, nuetral. The mutants are UCS miners, who have travelled too far down in a radioactive planet, and became infected. The underground radiation is not enough to kill them, so their skin turns green or blue, and they have spores on their body, which contain the radiation, necesarry for mutation. They have pleaded to the UCS, that despite their appearance, they are not a threat. The UCS pities their attempts, and sends in Contamination squads to kill them. The mutants are hunted down constantly, and have no choice but to hide on crowded planets. They will hide on a city planet, and set up a hideout in a basement, or an attic. They also provide a good source of Money, as humans who seem homeless, or poor, will recieve an offer from them. The job is, that the human must bring them meat, and clothing. The person is given money for it, and at the end get some money to keep. But if they spend the mutant's money on anything else during the task, the mutants will hunt you down, and kill you. The UCS is hostile to them for this, for a simple misdeed such as a little money stolen, can release their feral rage, and they will murder.
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

Those profiles are interesting as well, Cyber-Slig. The "Viking" bots sound like they are going to be so cool!

03-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Heh he, thanks. I just thought they acted like vikings, raiding villages. So anyway, I'll do the first chapter

The battle for Peragon 5
Peragon 5 is a jungle planet, good for research as it was hard to find. The UCS set up bases a while ago on the planet, and the chaos are wanting it now. The Iron legion were called in, as signs of corruption have been found, and now, the chaos attack.

The Iron legionairre captain stood infront of the other legionairres and his , marines. The jungle on fire, and gunshots everywhere.

Captain : Today you all fight for our land! Today you vanquish the heretic! Today you cleanse our planet of atrocities! Today we destroy the chaos!!!!!
Soldiers : Death to the heretic!
Captain : We fight for the Emperor! We will avenge his suffering, AND BRING IT UPON CHAOS!!!!
Soldiers: FOR THE EMPEROR!

The soldiers and captain charged into the jungle, blindly. Traps killed most of the marines, but the legionairres weren't so dumb. The legionairres saw what they fought, Red Legionairres, Legionairres of War. The two squads fired at eachother, but the Iron Legionairres had more numbers, cutting down the Chaos. They thought it was over, till chaos surrounded them. The marine looked around him, surrounded, and pushed a few buttons on his wrist.

Iron Legionairre : FOR THE EMPEROR!

The legionairre had activated self destruct, he exploded, leaving no limbs or blood, the Chaos laughed at the stupidity. They neared the Labs, but were surrounded, or so it seemed. Iron legionairres laughed at them, vengefully, for killing their bretheren. The chaos thought not. The sky turned Black, and vortexes opened in the ground. Horrible, abominative Oni came, and some blood demons, the demons of the War God. The Iron legionairres let fire, barely hurting the demons infront. The Legionairres had no choice, but to enter close combat, they pulled out their pulse blades, and fought with the demons. The demons slaughtered them in melee combat. The remaining soldiers were marines, waiting to meet their doom. The captain laughed ''We have the place surrounded by explosives, they come too close, and boom they go.'' But unkown to them, the chaos had noticed the bombs, by charging Oniactivating them. They planted a Virus Bomb in the planet's surface, and left in a chaos votex. The Marines wondered where the Chaos had went, and explored. They found the Virus Bomb, and it went boom. The tiny explosion from it, was pitied, but it planted a virus in the planet. The planet was quickly being turned black, and covered in spores. The marines were slowly dying on the now unhospitable planet, and in the core, a huge spore formed, and exploded, the planet was wiped out, the chaos had on, stopping the UCS from allot of projects.

Last edited by Cyber-Slig; 03-09-2005 at 01:24 PM..
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

Holy shit... PUT SLAANESH IN! UNNGG! Do it!
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

That was great, Cyber-Slig. It reminded me of a classic battle scene in a movie, but with a twist of fantasy. Keep it going!

Last edited by odd chick; 03-11-2005 at 11:10 AM..
03-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

You're really talented there Cyber-Slig! Good work!

VaniLLaKiLLah rocks! She made my sig!

03-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Damn you AS! You know everyone in it , Madness, would be another version for Slannesh, he has dark pinky colours. And I'm still plotting the next chapter, hang on.

EDIT : Just saw Fuzzles!' post. Thanks, glad to see people like it, and I get good compliments.
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

I know... I got a thing for Daemonettes... don't we all?
03-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Hehehe, I know what you mean. I guess you play chaos, then? I have a deathguard army and a mutant ork army.
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Eldar!

10 characters.
03-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Eldar? Pah, panzies, I say!! And watch this post for the next chapter, I've nearly finished it, and I'll edit this.
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

: Perth, Australia
: 481
The Marching Mudokon  (10)

Great story Cyber-Slig, keep it up!

03-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Thanks, new chapter

Trial
-----
The iron legionairres and marines cost the UCS dearly, this meant that the production of weapons was slown down, and that technology would take longer than needed. The Templar, an Iron Legionairres captain stood before the Judge.

Judge : ''So you find that this failure, is acceptable? That now, our planets will be guarded with but sticks and stones, while others use Advanced weaponery?''
Captain : ''The chaos overwhelmed us, the legionairres fell, but the demons they summoned were huge.''
Judge : ''The chaos are insane, but not stupid. They would not summon an entire reserve of demons, to get rid of one planet. Nor do they have the power.''
Captain : ''The planet was surrounded in darkness when they arrived, it may have been a chatic blessed planet.''
Judge : ''Those planets are noticable easily, a chaos planet is not surrounded by lush jungles and rivers.''
Captain : ''I do not know the explanation Judge, whatever caused that, is a powerful force indeed. It even defies the ancient scrolls.''
Judge : ''Are you saying our ancesters are fools? To make up stories about Chaos, and how to deal with them?''
Captain : ''I'm not saying anything of that sort sir! But the chaos gods may have aligned''
Judge : ''You are insane, guards! Take the prisoner to the holding cells, prepare for an execution.''

The captain never begged, he knew it was his own fault. He remained in the holding cell for the last hours of his life. The marines in the chamber, prepared for the execution. The room was swirling with gas, posion diseased gas. Then before the captain, a figure made of Fungus, Maggots and flesh appeared.

Figure : I am the Plague, I will grant you new life, if you join me now.''

The captain was full of anger suddenly, at the marines, and the legionairres. The captain was Captain Luridius, famed for loyalty. But he was choking to death, and accepted Plague's offer. The marines turned to gas off to collect the body, and they noticed Luridius was not in the cell. They were about to open the door, when a horrific legionairre appeared, and ripped them to shreds. His skin was white and rotted, with a rotted helmet on his head covered in chains, and a huge tentacle for an arm. He was possessed by a Plague Demon, and proceeded upstairs to the courtroom....
03-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
Eldar? Pah, panzies, I say!!
They kill Marines and Chaos any day! You'd better be fearful when the new codex comes out!

Oh yeah, good stuff in this thread.
03-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Chapter 3 : Sam Fisher is an ork?!?!?!

The sneeky gitz prepared their advance on the human lab. The orks, with black paint on their arms and faces, and nightvision goggles, crawled along the grass to the base. They planted a bomb squig next to the wall, and blew a hole right through. The squad of 5 advanced in, and snuck through the vents. They got to the main laboratory, and crawled out. They took out their Kombat Bladez and stabbed the scientists mercilessly. They realised this was a biology lab, and they weren't sent to steal animals, more of a mech, a BIG mech. They advaced further in, and the commander whispered

''Get yer camo on, wez gonna kill em' and take 'doze blueprints now.''

The UCS marines spotted them, as their camoflague was merely silvery paint to match the walls. 2 of the squad members died, on of which was the commander. They were so close now. One squad member took out his Banga Pistol and shot at UCS. 1 died, and they killed the ork mercilessly. The other 2 advanced into the lab, and found their prize. The ''TITAN MECH'' blueprints. They crawled through the vents to get back out, and the UCS lobbed grenades in. The vent was black and smokey, and nothing moved in them. But the 2 orks werent dead, they were far from the grenades, and continued, leaving squig eggs in the vents, so that this lab would die of infestation. The 2 made it outside, and got into a UCS ''Rhino'' Jeep, and were shot at by rockets. They made it 30 miles from the base, and got to camp. But they forgot about the homing missiles behind them. The ork with the blueprints got out, but the other was in the jeep still, and the rocket Ricochetted off it, and exploded on the ground near it. The wounded ork made it to the mekboy tent, and handed the mekboy the Titan Mech blueprints. Before falling on the ground, dying, and muttering his final words to the Mekboy.
03-24-2005, 03:13 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

This is some great stuff that you have written here, Cyber-Slig! Keep up the good work!

04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

:
Hehehe, I know what you mean. I guess you play chaos, then? I have a deathguard army and a mutant ork army.
Oh, you Warhammer peoples. *Gay air-slap* I love it. Keep it up, anyways.

04-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
Oh, you Warhammer peoples. *Gay air-slap* I love it. Keep it up, anyways.
Warhammer is cool. My friends dog ate his command squad.
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

I paint them, I just don't know what to do with them afterwards. Yeah, Warhammer rawks.

04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Ok guys update, now that I'm back the thread's going to have a new chapter soon (tommorow at the latest), and I don't mind if you banter about Warhammer here.
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

Great, I can't wait to read the next chapter!