Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

: Aug 2006
: Exquisite Squalor
: 5,657
Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)
I wrote this while listening to music.

The jury rig exists outside of space and time. It’s comprised of thousands of chunks of non-paradoxical building materials from across the ages. It takes an immense galactic cataclysm to summon it, brought forth by dying stars and white holes. Used to house the corporeal forms of the gods, and the higher beings that are granted passage from our plane. Its inhabitants are not aware of each other, or of much else beyond themselves.

This story is about one of them.
But that’s later on.

A large brown insect crept across the landscape. Bigger then a man, and slightly more intelligent, it prowled about, carrying a haphazard combination of a backpack and bulletproof vest. Survivors of German panzer divisions, laid waste to by the allied forces, saw it and wept, for it was a formidable and horrible sight. Fire lit up the skies as war raged on above their heads, but the insect continued its journey. It was clearly not bred for speed, or anything; really, As it was not bred, but brought forth in order to run an errand for one of the old ones. The occasional landmine boomed beneath it, but its carapace was built to handle the movement of mountains. Indeed, creatures such as this were supposed to raze the opposite sides, but, indifferent to the lives of those below them, they crept about their caverns and lived the lives of the enlightened. Invincibility is one of the few things that the gods deemed too precarious for humanity, and gave it to those that would serve them best.
At last, the creature found its target. A nineteen year old man, blown apart by some explosive force. Not the man, but what he (had) carried on his back, a field telephone that had been battered useless, was the monster’s goal.
The Insect picked up the phone, dialing a random assortment of numbers in the same way a 5 year old child would.
The phone rang
And paused
And rang
And paused
And ra-
”Hello?”
“Greetings, Hank, guess who?” Chimed the insect.
There was an obvious attempt from the person at the other end to simultaneously make a run for it, hang up the phone, and clear his throat to pretend to be someone else, even though the phone, and his arm, were stuck in a very casual ‘phone conversation’ position.
“Huhuuugh…” Countered the recipient.
“Feeling well, I take it?” The beastly figure sang in the middle of a field full of corpses.
“BluurYEEENuh…” Described the increasingly anxious man.
“Shame. Well, let’s get started then.” Said a very tall, pointy and indestructible figure, now crouching in a room halfway round the world and several decades into the future in front of a shocked looking gentlemen who was stupidly clutching the phone that a giant insect had just stepped through, with a look on his face that said ‘Yes, I am afraid of this monstrosity, but I doubt that what just happened will happen again.’
It did. It did happen again. Calmly and casually, a small platoon of cockroachesque gentlemen made their way out of his phone. When the room got too full, they milled away into the hall.
“Muh…uuuh.” He observed.
“Sorry?” Inquired the horde of gangly invaders.

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 04-15-2009 at 09:42 PM.. : communist faggot son of a bitch
04-03-2009, 12:39 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

I normally keep my fanfics to about 1.2 pages in MSWord. Sounds like a good story so far, keep it up man!

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)

“Look, Hank, we know you like it here. Hell, I’ve been here less than a week and I love it. But you’ve got to do your job and get out. You’ve had millennia to do your thing and get back to the higher planes.”
The man seemed to regain composure, slightly and spoke. “You can’t take me away, you exoskeletal shit-for-brains, you’re not allowed. Get me one of the Greek gods, or, hell, even a choir of Seraphim will do. But a crunchy chump like you has got jack-shit for jurisdiction.” Pleased with himself, Hank sat on his bed.
“Well…” Said the bugmen “Humm…”
With inhuman speed, the insect that Hank had been talking to grabbed him by the hair and grinned (in the best way that mandibles can manage.) “You forget your place, Hank Trucker.” It spat. “You’ve got to drop that corpse off at the ‘rig and then head back to the higher realities. The big man himself wants to see you, and he’s willing to set Lucifer on you, and you know how the Morningstar loves talking with you, you rude fuckhead.”
Dropping the man, the bugs ambled out the door, muttering indiscriminately.
“You get special treatment, Trucker.” The final creature said. “We’re hooking this right up to the wing of the ‘rig that your corpse lives. Happy trails.” Shutting the door behind it, Hank was left alone.
“Well, shit.”

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 04-17-2009 at 10:16 PM..
04-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

Left with little option, Hank stepped through the door.

He was met with a combination of eyes-incineratingly blinding light and mind-numbingly dense darkness. He felt kind of like someone had just punched him in the balls, too. Typical pan-dimensional travel shpeal.

Then, of course, came the singing.

"OoOoOoOh...
You ain't a dragon or a zombie...
Not some kind of paradox of the ages
You ain't a an owl bereft of his tawny...
Not some kind of ambitious mortal magus
You ain't got shit on the big guy...
Not some kind of bisexual jumping elephant
You're just some Godlike flyyyy!
Gonna make a universe well, you can't
You're nothing but a nuisance to us-"
"Sorry." a shrill, tech supportish voice squeeled. "Didn't realize you weren't a straggler of dose buggy boyz."
A door appeared out of the intangible and impossible sight before Hank and a man who appeared to be about three parts nervous office assistant and one part inner city freestylist.
"Seriously, sorry about dat." He pandered.
"What in the fuck did I just hear?" Hank inquired.
"That was the anthem of the crunchy mawfuckas."
"Oh. It was stupid. Tell them I thought it was stupid."
And with that, the Jury Rig ran into Hank.

The process of severing the connection your soul has to your body is simple; take something offhanded, like an empty DVD case you own. Tie a piece of your clothing around it (preferably as clean or as dirty as possible, depending on what kind of person you are) then, just summon an eldritch monstrosity to use it to hit you in the leg enough to jar your soul out.
I mention this only because when the Jury Rig struck Hank Trucker, it hit him in the knee, and the part that hit him was indeed an innocuous camera with a sweat pants cord wrapped around it that had belonged to him, held in the very bricklike hand of Cthulhu's cousin L'ft'frr'de'd.
Just thought you should know.

"WHAT IN THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!?" A Hank Trucker of little calm resolve shrieked at the gatekeeper.
"You were torn from your corpse, bub." Was the answer he got.

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 04-17-2009 at 10:45 PM..
04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

Shit Kastere, this is some pretty far out stuff!
I hope you write more, its refreshing from the Oddworld fics.
05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

Hank, now without a discernible shape or state, floated/stepped/slithered/slapped his fins to bounce through the gate. "I hate being in this quantum bullshit." He toned/said/hissed/blubbed. The second he made contact, he was pulled into The Terminal. "Man, what a dick!" the gatekeeper muttered.

Hank was met with a city shrouded in clouds, with brass tubing poking from seemingly solid puffs to buildings or following automated beings. He approached an enormous spearlike facility that looked out of place to its cushy surroundings.
"Fuckin' contemporary easterners." He muttered. An elevator slid to greet him. He proclaimed his vast annoyance at the empty hall and was taken upwards at an impossible speeds for roughly 15 seconds. He grinded his teeth.

Meanwhile, in the upper north wing of The Jury Rig, a bewildered and very-much incapable of speech body was shoved through the front door. It landed face-first at the feet of several dogs. Contemplating this situation, it grasped at a nearby paw for comfort. The owner of the paw, an Australian Shepherd, withdrew it with evident annoyance. Several of the other dogs meandered away, a small Bull-Terrier smelled the Body's feet before trundling off up a set of stairs.

The body laid for several hours. Its brain was adjusting to the relativity state it was in; disabling speech functions, All bodily growth, and putting metabolism into overdrive. Awakening hungry and without the ability to scream, the body clambered into the kitchen across a rough carpet. It pried itself from the floor near a refrigerator as a Bull Mastiff thumped its way in. Sensing a possible reward, it gripped the nape of the body's shirt in its jaws quickly and brought it to its feet. The body gripped several large chunks of protein and consummed them in impossibly large doses. Several hunks fell to the ground, and with a Hungry Mastiff's attention diverted, so did it.

The body slept.

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 05-24-2009 at 06:07 PM.. : I wish this was longer than I thought it was.
05-25-2009, 05:50 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

fucking A, i was hoping you'd continue this.

i still think the bugs were class.
05-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

:
fucking A, i was hoping you'd continue this.

i still think the bugs were class.
I can have a scene where they violate some cows, if you like.

I was hoping someone could give me a reason to write it in, honestly.

05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

well i hope you continue to post chapters. i find this type of stuff interesting, in all truth.

have you written more than you've posted then?

EDIT: giant bugs violating cattle would be highly recommended, by me anyway.

Last edited by MA; 05-26-2009 at 06:49 AM.. : COW FUCKING
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

:
well i hope you continue to post chapters. i find this type of stuff interesting, in all truth.

have you written more than you've posted then?
No. I have it in my head for a few days before I put it on Hard Copy.