09-05-2005, 10:45 AM
SligStorm
Super Stingbee

: Jul 2005
: United Kingdom,Wales
: 462
SligStorm  (24)
Wired SLIG SHOOT OUT GAME

You Take Part As a Slig In Training Your objective is to shoot all abe targets there are several Tasks Just click "Back Task or Next Task" If you wont to download use the link below

**********************SLIG SHOOT OUT*********************
------ http://rapidshare.de/files/4762511/S...t_Out.exe.html --------

09-05-2005, 12:59 PM
monkeybait
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: In yo mom
: 125
monkeybait  (10)
Blind this sucks! :)

this fking sucks a$$
09-05-2005, 01:00 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Yeah man, this forum is for art and fanfic. If you can't do that, then please leave.

09-05-2005, 03:09 PM
SligStorm
Super Stingbee

: Jul 2005
: United Kingdom,Wales
: 462
SligStorm  (24)
Mad Hope you're happy

What the hell is wrong with you people? This is SligStorm's sister, and let me tell you he's really upset now. He's only 12 years old and he tried to make a little game with an Oddworld theme, and this is the response he gets? Didn't you ever hear the saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Hope you're happy that you made a 12 year old kid cry >

09-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Shrink
Formerly Esus

: Dec 2002
: x
: 286
Shrink  (10)

:
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Hope you're happy that you made a 12 year old kid cry >
Because you said that, I laugh at you.

:
Yeah man, this forum is for art and fanfic. If you can't do that, then please leave.
It's for fan creations. Games are included; he can try and make games if he wants.

I haven't seen the games, because I don't want to download anything at the moment, but kudos for the attempt. It's good to see some more original fan things.
09-05-2005, 04:54 PM
monkeybait
Fuzzle

monkeybait  (10)
Blind OH MY GOSH.... 12 yrs old... pshhhhh

:
What the hell is wrong with you people? This is SligStorm's sister, and let me tell you he's really upset now. He's only 12 years old and he tried to make a little game with an Oddworld theme, and this is the response he gets? Didn't you ever hear the saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Hope you're happy that you made a 12 year old kid cry >

Meh 12 yrs old.... pshhhh

If you put it on a public forum, you have to expect comments like this....
and i'll tell you... im 12 years old, too... I doubt that he would be that babyish... and if so... tell him that if he wants to be successful in life, he has to be able to take comments like that....

geeze...

Quote:
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Hope you're happy that you made a 12 year old kid cry >

Because you said that, I laugh at you.

Agreed

Last edited by monkeybait; 09-05-2005 at 05:01 PM..
09-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Damn, 12 and he cries at this? Harden up, d00d.

09-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Guys, guys, guys ...
Chill out.

Monkeybait, just because your 12 and you aren't prone to crying when strangers on the internet insult you doesn't mean every 12 year old has balls as big as yours. Quit being a dick.
I'd like to echo what Dino said in another thread and tell you to lay the hell off. You're being harsh with no real reason for it.
This is (as far as I can tell) supposed to be a friendly community for Oddworld fans to meet, gather, and exchange stories. If we find something of poor quality or something that you think could use improvement, it's generally better that you either don't comment or that you offer suggestions on improvements. What is usually not cool is being a complete asshole to someone because they can't create a game from scratch like you can ... oops, sorry, a little sarcasm dripped out. You didn't make your game from scratch, either.

Sligstorm, congratulaions on trying. I know you're young - almost six years younger than I am - and you've done something I could never do: successfully change an existing game and make it still playable. Kudos to you.
I get the feeling (and I bet Monkeybait never considered this) that you are very new at creating your own games. Starting with existing games and changing the graphics is a great way to start if you want to get serious about it. If you really wanted to, and you had the time to put in, you could probably make something that is entirely your own, and it'll be that much better.

End statement.

09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

:
Meh 12 yrs old.... pshhhh
If you put it on a public forum, you have to expect comments like this...
That's just it, you SHOULDN'T have to "expect comments like this"; there's a thing called "etiquette" that you've obviously never heard of. You're not being "edgy" or even remotely amusing - just getting people's backs up. If you don't like something the least you could try is being tactful - or don't you know the meaning of that either?
www.dictionary.com , if it helps.

09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Coolmanbizkit
Spark Stunk

: Jan 2005
: England
: 399
Coolmanbizkit  (10)

He should expect comments saying its not too good. I havn't played or downloaded it, But i will

:
this fking sucks a$$
Even if that was a joke it was a bit harsh, I'd like to see what your game would be like if you had the brain span to make one

09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
monkeybait
Fuzzle

monkeybait  (10)
Native Provin some points

[QUOTE= I'd like to see what your game would be like if you had the brain span to make one [/QUOTE]

Check the Hand of Odd download thread, moron

As for you, teal...
Not many people have that if you hadn't noticed...

I'm sorry that I was so harsh...
I am just saying that there are a lot of better games and if you put it on a public forum... MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY THE SAME
09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2005
: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

Jesus, guys. Chill out. And stop being an asshole, monkey.

Dave, you fucking rock.

Anyway, Sligstorm, here's some cool stuff that you should consider next time:

1. Animations Instead of just changing direction, have the little Abe things explode, if you can manage to animate it.

2. Levels When you blow up all the little Abe things, you progress to the next level. Time limit anyone?

Just take ideas from arcade games of the old days, and you'll be better off.

Last edited by Kimon; 09-06-2005 at 04:32 PM..
09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Symphonium

used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

I'm sorry to spoil the love for a second (BEP's Where is the Love playing), but to be honest. I think half of you are completre idiots. You can't just make it all soft and easy for an artist when they produce a bad work. An artist needs accurate feedback if they are going to progress.

I know my fanific isn't being read by most because I am spammy and stupid (at times, mind you), but I accept that. And frankly, I wouldn't read a fanfic if it was written by someone who acts like me (at tiems, mind you). I would ratrher the Fan Corner regulars would stop ass kissing the fanfics that are done by their favorite members (whether they be good works or not) and start reading all fanfics, but I can't make it happen. And I know someone eventually will dig up my story from the grave when it is long finished.

Sorry for going off topic, the point is, if you get harsh feedback, get the **** over it and do what you can to make it better . I am gald you can make games, that is an interesting skill. I do apologize for being ignorant and harsh.

And I am THROUGH !

09-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

Used, shut up.

Harsh criticism is not positive or helpful in any situation, so stop defending it. If you're going to criticise something, you should at least have the tact to field some suggestions for improvements. There is never any excuse to go all out and act like a total asshole. Bad work can be criticised without being vindictive or spiteful. Nobody is saying that you have to pretend to like or be impressed by a piece of work.
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Symphonium

No, you shut up.

Emotion can sometimes be key when you want to give accurate feedback, even if it has to be harsh. And I was stating a point, not about his game. I was merely pointing out how the harsh replies do not necessarily have to be considered ignorant and not helpful. I am not trying to be all machoby saying this, I am just giving my point of view of how you shouldn't literally cry about some mean feedback. And I apologized aboput my harcshness. I'm sorry if that can't make it better, but what am I, a nursery mother?

09-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Used - sure, I agree that you have to get used to harsh criticism as an artist/writer/designer/whatever, but usually it's constructive at the same time. On the art forums I frequent, just saying "that's a pile of rubbish" is the sort of thing that can get you suspended. Saying "it's not very good because x, y and z" is fine, because unless you can see your flaws you can't improve on them (and god knows if you've sat staring at a piece of artwork for long enough everything looks fine untill you leave it alone for a week or two to freshen your mind, and half a dozen errors leap out at you). You don't HAVE to pretend it's great and be all fangirly about it, but it's courtesy to at least say WHY you don't like it so the designer can improve.

Mind you, I can't get it to download, so I can't offer a yay or nay either way. :P

09-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Again. Shut your argument hole. I'm sorry i have to move this thread, but any more bitching and i'll dish out warnings.