12-17-2002, 10:28 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)
The Unraveling...

Note: this fanfic will probably go against oddworld history, so don't critisize if it does.

Hello, my name is Low. Although I don't really know if it is. It was meerly the name I gave myself when awoke that day, lying down in a ditch, the first word that came to me was Low, so I called myself Low, not really knowing why.

On this particular day, I was lost. Not lost like I usually was, whenever I blacked out and had to run to catch up to the herd.
I was out for some time, I had lost the scent of those I knew completly, although I knew they would never have waited for me.

This brings up another point. I am a meech. How I even know that word, I dont know. Other than the ditch that my memory extended to, all I remember was following my herd. I say my herd, although if you could speak with them they would think otherwise.I dont look like the others, Im too big for a meech, for on matter, and Im not as agressive as them. I just followed them, like a lost fish following the wrong school.

What complicates the matter to the point were it agonizes me, I can talk. I have never had a conversation before, I usually just talked to the world in general, not truly knowing the meaning of what i am saying.

So know I was lost. The herd was ancient history now. Not knowing what to do I sniffed the air again. Kintos. I meandered
off in the direction of the scent, talking quietly to the world about what to do...

So whadda ya think so far?

12-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Very good buddy! I think its a great story and can't wait for more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

12-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

The kintos didnt fill me up much.

One doesnt eat much when they dont know how long they have left themselves.

Still, it was easier to catch them without a herd of my screeching, screaming breatheren disregarding the essence of suprise.

I douht thed even be able to work "suprise" out.

I walked for many, many miles, still thinking over what had happened this time I had blacked out.

We were out in a field, mulling around, digesting a kill.

As if out of thin air, a line of meetles armed to the teeth, burst out of the woods. I could hear their slig riders yelling atop them.

Industrialist. A word I would never forget. I knew them, without really even knowing them. Poisoning this world,reckless desruction. They are the ones who have made my kind almost extinct. I cannot truly explain competly why they enrage me so , its almost like an instinct.

These thoughts brewed in my head as I watched those meetles and their accursed sligs drivers, I wished them dead on the spot.
I started toward them, the meetle didnt see me until I was almost on top of it.

And I was.

I leaped to the top of the meetle, and stared at the cowardly,lowly slig.
"You die" I grunted
I snappeds the slig in two, and with thoughts I cant remember racing through my head, I leaped at the now very aware meetle drivers ahead. And of course, it would have to happen. in mid leap, I blacked out.

Thoughts, whenever the deep receeses of my mind started pulling out memories, I blacked out. The reason obseeses me.

For many more days I traveled, until when I was almost at the brink of the great pine forest I had always known, I heard it.

Just on the edge of hearing. A tiny tinny noise, of metal and gear scraping. I hid in some bushes and waited.

Gradually the noise became recognisable. Slig pants. No doubt a scout, checkin new terrain for development. I waited.

The slig soon entered the clearing. It was different. It was not the brownish green of the usual slig, but a bluish purple.

I didnt give it a second thought.

I leapt out of the bushes, tossing the slig a couple yards away.

I walked over to it, ready to kill.

Lucky for the slig it sprang up and pointed its gun at me. This didnt actually pose a problem as I am armored anyway, but this sudden jolt of bravery(or idiocy) suprised me.

The sligs gunshook in its hands.
"I"llllll I'lll shoo....shoot!

That voice. Not like a regular slig. This one was high and didnt have that sharp edge to it.

I had little time to think about this, because, the slig had passed out at my feet.

You want more?

12-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Drunk

Whoa, thats good. But why does everybody keep blacking out? Its really confusing

12-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

Its just the main char that blacks out, and have you ever heard of advancing the plot?

12-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Glukkon killer
Fuzzle

: Insane Asylum
: 107
Glukkon killer  (18)

that's a !PROPER JOB!
good work

It is often safer to be in chains than to be free.

12-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

This is an interesting story, one being that the main character is a meech. The other that he can talk. I like it, I like it a lot. Keep up your good work big bro. Please continue.

-Al the Vykker FC Mod
12-23-2002, 12:39 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2002
: wisconsin
: 469
lindsey  (8)

i like the story it is good

12-25-2002, 02:50 AM
Stripe
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Maryland
: 55
Stripe  (10)
Ooooo! Total neatness!

More! More you must write!
12-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

I dont know what stayed my hand as I looked down at that slig,
its body sprawled at my feet.

Somthing was, almost, missing. Somthing was very different, somthing told me to give it a trump card.

I decidede to take a chance and wait.

I moved about 10 feet away, sat, and waited.

It happened slowly.

The slig started to move, its fingers twitching and its head moving slightly from side to side.

I saw its eyes slowly open, and look around.

As it turned its head towards me, it stopped. It opened its eyes wide and sputtered. In a flash it grabbed its gun and pointed at me.

I not will be hurtin you, I said quickly.

The slig lowered its gun ever so slightly, with a dreamy expression in its eyes.

Umm, err, you can.......speak? said the slig its gaze still tranzfixed.

Yes, I said still pondering the slig.

But how, you too big to be a meech, you can talk, and.....
The slig tapped the side of its goggles, and a visor came out over on eye.

Your innards are all wrong for a meech too, it said quickly.

The slig seemed more interested in me than scared of me after saying this.

I dont know, talk I do, dunno how, no memories, none, I said trailing off.

The slig stood up, started to say somthing, but raised its gun remembering the situation.

No way! it said angrily, looking around.

Some mudokon trap or other........com out muds!

It looked into the bushes and around the general area for a second, wavings its gun into the trees.

No muds, me though, why you so jumpy, I said.

All right thats it! it yelled!

The slig fired.

Those hurt you know, I said, looking at the shells on the ground.

What the, oh damn, the slig muttered.

Dont hurt me! I give up!

I wont hurt you, you different,who are you, I said.

Im uhh, Samus.

Why you talk odd, different look than sligs Ive seen.

Im female of course, said Samus testily.

I knew of the queen Slig, but how could this be possible.

No female, slig female big, I said quickly, eying the slig

Reccesive gene, million to one chance of happening. A baby female slig with a dominant gene is picked out immediatly, and if the queen at the time isnt dying, its terminated, she said witha dagger on her voice.

I, was not picked out, however, because of the reccesive gene, and managed to get a job as a scout, away from the magog cartel
and my mother, if I was found, I'd be dead. So I got a job as a long range scout for a meetle team, although I'm never safe, the bastards, she said with cold anger.

Your turn, she said with a pondering look.

i sat down again, and told her of my life, my herd, and "the ditch", the chasm in my memory.

Wow, she said when I finished.

So youve got no memory eh, just a ditch huh interesting. She thought deeply about this as did I.

The other memory I had, that i didnt tell her about.

The one that was hazy and surreal.

The one that hurt to think about.

Running. Running in the darkness. And somthing following, cutting and burning.

Somthing wrong.

I shook those thoughts from my head and turned my attention to Samus.

So,you come with? I muttered hopefully.

Where? Samus said with a bit of confusion on here voice.

Anywhere, bit of a journey, I said.

Well, I cant trust you, but i cant trust anyone of my kind any more than you, Samus said with a questioning look on here voice.

So I must be crazy but sure, sSamus said cheerfully.

I smiled, it seemed to reassure her and myself.

A friend maybe, I thought.

Whats your name though? Samus said loooking up at me.

Low.

You want more?

Last edited by Big_Bro_Slig222; 01-02-2003 at 06:30 AM..
12-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Ohhh, write more, i'm intrigued (literally) keep up the good work (and read mine, lol)

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

01-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

I dont know what truly drove Samus to trust me any more than she had trusted her kind, but it felt reassuring in a way. It was nice to have someone to talk to.

All the while, she tried to teach me proper grammar.

"I ran to the blue stream on the big hill" she said

"I ran to bl-the blue stream on bi-the big hill."

For almost a week we treked through the rolling hills and green forests, that may very well one day be an Industrialist factory or some other place of stench.

The thought disgusted me.

One day while sitting around a small camp fire we built, Samus asked the question that I knew she wanted to ask for days.

"Low, were are we going?"

I smirked and said, "Into The Wild."

The Wild.

To the natives, a vastly uncharted area riddled with danger, only populated by brave pioneer mudokon villages.

To the Industrialists, future land development.

I pointed to the jagged outline of the Asgolar mountains, standing against the midmornig sun.

"Are you sure about this?" she said warily. Its not the friendliest place there is."

"It will be fun, Industrialist smog always make me weezy."

We both looked to the far of smoke trails coming from the splinterz factories on the Sto Plains.

So we hiked. For two days through the Wilgh Valley and then to the top of the Asgolar mountains.

As we reached the tip of the mountains, I saw Samus's eyes widen.

It was The Wild.

It was a sea of colors. Forest covered the land, dotted with valleys, rivers, lakes, plains , canyons, and swamps.

We began a slow, deliberate journey down.

About halfway, I heard somthing.

It was very far off, but it sounde amost like somone pouring pebbles onto some rocks.

It decame more destinct the longer I listened.

"Hey what are you liste...."began Samus, but I quickly shushed her.

The direction of the moise became apparent and I looked along the rocky mountainside toward the south.

Moving across the rocks quite ceasslessly, was a large blanket of shimmering iridecent blue, almost like an enourmous group of fish scales.

Limzergeks.

I grabbed Samus carfully in my jaws and dove into an extremly dark, extremly wet, crevace in the rockwork.

Soon the sound was like an avalanche, but now we could hear little chirping noises also.

The swarm of limzergeks passed before us. There were thousands. No more than 6 inches long, shining little spade headed lizards, with paddle like tails and lots of needle sharp teeth, stormed past us.

When their footfall died away, we clambered out into the open.

Nasty little pack hunters, very stupid though, I said happily, looking at a very peeved Samus.

Navigated the forest in the land below, was not, as easy as one would think.

While it seemed inviting on the outside, the forest was dark, dank, and very uninviting on the inside.

All the while we walked, Samus asked me about the strange noises and creatures within.

"Whats that big thing eating off that tree?" she said

"Gordul" I replied

"And that big bug with the funny legs,"she said.

Thats just a jub jub beetle.

" And that really deep noise" she said looking around even still.

"What loud............, I trailed off

I heard it.

Apparently I was not alone, as I saw the gordul we just past go lumbering off into the thickets.

I knew what it was.

I grabbed her roughly and dragged her under a log.

Almost out of knowhere, a dewger came plodding into view.

How to describe it. IT was about 25 feet at the top of its back and was mottled green and brown colors. Its body was dominated by a large domed back. It has about 8 very large nodescript trunklike legs, two of whitch are situated in front of mouth, and it has two large paddle like tentacles behind the two front legs, designed for grasping. Its eyes were the size of dinner plates.

"What a strange creature, is it dangerous?" said Samus curiously

"Only to everything" I said. " Get running and dont look back."

She seemed to understand and set off in a dead sprint out of the log. The creatur turned to follow her, but already had a very large mech about to land on it.

I hit about 5 feet up the dewgers domed back and, to my suprise,
was able to keep a foothold on an almost vertiacal surface.

I dropped onto the dewgers forhead, balancing on its two front legs, and struck.

I had done this before. A lost dewger apparenly, had the misfortune of wandering into my herd territory about a year ago.
After about a half hour of frantic fighting, I managed to take out the dewger taking a bite out of its frontal lobe.

Of course this timeI didnt have a diversion, with screaming, biting, and very hungry meeches keepnig it distracted.

I hit mark and took out a suprisingly large chuck. That was all I got a chance to do.

In a rage the dewger threw me off. I rammed into a tree, and felt part of my shell crack. I got up, turned, and ran.

The only thing that can stop a rampaging dewger is, collision with another dewger, or a small continent.

We were about to meet somthing just as good.

I ran as the pain of my back burned along my body. I quickly came upon Samus and she grabbed onto my back, only adding to the pain.

I heard a dull roar and very loud footfall.

I turned.

The dewger was gaining. The large deep wound in its forhead was very visible

"Geh" was all I could manage to say.

The dewger was almost within strikin distance to use its tetacles.

I heard a snap in the trees above.

Some instinct told me to duck.

A huge log, tied by ropes, sailed over us twoard the dewger.

It hit, right in the open wound.

The creature stopped dead in its tracks, and stared cross eyed at the log stuck in its head.

It josled, and fell.

The whole forest shook.

Samus climbed of me ( much of a relief of my back) looked at the carcass and said, "We showed him eh?"

I didnthave time to reply.

A net was cast over us. I rolled over twice and could feel Samus kicknig next to me.

I looked up into the face of a mudokon.

It smirked, raised a large club, and brought it down.

The world reeled into darkness.

Back in the clearing, where Low and Samus met the dewger, there was a sound. It was far off and hazy, and altoghther might have been thought of as just the wind.

It sounded like dice.

01-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Stripe
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Maryland
: 55
Stripe  (10)
More more more! Great story so far!

*waits*
01-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

I slipped in and out of dreams.

Light.

A field.

A green field, with mountains near it.

I looked around.

No sounds but the wind.

And then a torrent of sound. A wave of churning darkness fell form the directions of the mountains. it was mingled with flecks of blue and purple.

Even more sound.

A wave of grey flecked with gold and red, came form the opposite direction.

I was off to the side, and I saw the waves churn towards eachother.

The waves clashed and churned.

IT seemed like the grey side was winning. But the darkness grew and began to push. The grey began to fall back, but they stooped short

A sphere of somthing fell form the sky right between the waves.

It seemed to be made of thousands of colors, but it did not really look like it. I was like it reflected the earth.

The form fell upon the dark waves, and cut them like a
sythe.

It fought like it was possesed, sending the waves blasing every way.

But the waves began to close as the form lost some of its momentum.

It seemed as though it was about to be consumed , when the darness from.

Over the hills to the east, came a new wave.

It was made of some new color, unimaginablely strange, yet beautiful in a way.

It fell upon the darkness and consumed it. The rest of the darkness began to fall back.

Up on the hill, where the wave came form stood a figure.
It was small and tiny, but it shone a brilliant green.

The dream faded.

I awoke in a cell. It was hard to move. My head felt like it was swimming. I slowly crawled the bars.

I bit them.
No luck there, enchanted by a mudoken shaman judjing by the strenge of the bars.

I looked into the cell across form me.

Samus.

"I see your up," she said

Iwas about to reply when two mudokon warriors came in.

The hit Samus with the but of their tomahwawks though the bars.

"Dont touch her!" I yelled.

The mudokons turned. One seemed to be tryting to mouth somthing to the other.

They both sprinted to the door.

"We're doomed" I heard Samus say through the bars.

About three minites later, the door opened.

4 moudokons, 2 of witch were the ones form before came in.

They stepped to the side.

Another mudokon came in.

It was a shaman, An OLD shaman.
His skin was grey, and his hands were shakey.
He walked with a very large stick by his side.

HE walked over to my cell.

He looked into my cell and said.
"Speak up thier meech, my gaurds say you cantalk."

He was looking at a spot 8 inches above my head( I was lying on the floor). And seemed to not really notice. I did

His eyes were white.

"your blind" I said

"Yes thats right sonny, now were getting somwhere." "Ok, why did you and that slig trounce into our village, almost bringing a dewger in also?

His voice was not mean, or nice. IT was just a simple question.

We were lost in the woods, had very little food, and were being chased by that dewger.

The man stared for 4 minites, saying nothing.

"He can come out" he said at last.

I think the mudokons were more suprised than I was, but after several minites of arguing, I was allowed to go outside under watch.

He lookedover at Samus for a minite.

He put his face close to the bars and said, "Now, you should be happy I trust you, not everyday you meet 7 foot talking meech, but I have a felling about you. I cant get em to let your frien d uot though so she hasd to stay here until we figure sonthing out"

Later, I learned, the old mud could read a persons mind, at least thier personality that is.

He smiled and opened the bars.

"I went to Samus's cell. "We'll do sonthing Samus" I said.

She smiled and walked over to her bed to lie down.

I walked out of the hallway of cells and up some stairs to a door. The old man flung them open.

02-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

Bin a bit Ithink Ill write some more.

There was a general mayhem of sound.
Mudokons yelled as they saw me. The old man kept yelling, "Everybody calm down there!".

After a coulple minites of worries, disccussion, pointing , and accusations, the old man dispersed the croud and gave me a chance to look around.

I was in a Mudokon village, a small one, built like a fortress.
It was surrounded by fields and hillsleading to forests.

The old man kept pointing to things, and telling me what they were.

"Armory, foodstore, larders."

He was also poining out names of mudokons.

"This fellow if Ferdirzi, this is Ghervhanco, and heres our top warrior."

A large mudokon walked up to us. His feathers were tied in a knot above his head and he was covered in tattoos.

"Ah this is Kai, Low"

"WHat is this thing?!" said Kai hastily

"This thing is what appears to be a meech Kai, his name is Low and Ill have you know that he is capapble of higher thought and can speak" said the old man with narrowed eyes"

"Yes" I said.

"The warrior was having trouble grasping this, but didnt let it show. A tribes shaman is not to be trifled with.

"WEll then boy!? Lead us up to the walls so he can have a better look around"

"Yes sir"

Up a couple of stairs, we reaced the top of the walls.

"Ah, you use meetles" I said.

Enoughmous mettles dotted the area. The were tilling and harveseting the fields.

"Well then" started the old man,"Lets get you some food and help you settle in."

"The old man started walking down the stairs unhelped.

I started to walk after him, but Kai stopped me.
He pulled his sword and pointed it under my jawline.

"I dont know what you are, but you are lucky Pallomo likes you, or youd be dead."

He turned and walked down after the old man.

It suprised me, over the next couple of days, how much things changed.

Most of the mudokon children took a liking to me and began following me around, watching me eat and work.
I went on a hunt with several mudokons, and I think my performance helped them gain trust. I went to visit Samus whenever I could, although she was fed well and all she was not permitted out of here cell and the old man could not sway the entire town. Kai and several of the other warriors kept a wide berth from me, casting me dark looks and faces.

I didint really care. I found somwhere I could finally fit in.

I wished it could last forever.

But then there was that fateful night.

I was sleeping on the ground in one of the elum barns(much to the elums' dismay) when I heard somthing.

It was very distant, but it seemed to be one continuos roll.

It soon died away into the dark silence of the night.

I dissmissed it and fell back into dreams.

In the moring I was awoken by the sound off footfall.

"Ghnh ghnh wha..." I said waking up.

I looked up into the worried face of a mudokon.

"Come on man!! You have to see this! he yelled.

"Alll the way out here ! Alll the way out here! The magog cartel will never sto........."

I was already running for the door.

The old man was standing outside.

"it seems a drastic situation has arisen" I didnt stop to ask what.

I ranto the top of the wall. Kai was up there, startingnat the horizon. I stopped dead in my tracks.

And I saw it.

06-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

Why am I digging this old thing up? Inspiration! I let it die back in Febuary but now, I've got some fresher ideas for my fic. I not gonig to start writing right now, this is just so anyone can catch up if they please. I'll be starting tommorow.

06-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

It was, suprising, in a sense.

A little fast, albeit, but it was inevitable. Big business always tends to move fast.

I had never really seen an Industrial factory, but this was one, oh yes, this was one.
Although in the early stages of construction even evident from this distance, it was obvious that the factory was going up fast, very fast.

A town council was quickly called. Everyone gathered into the town hall.

I sat anxiously at the back. The was a general hubbub of discusson, but that quickly died down when Pallomo aproached the podium.

"Alright, alright, I'll cut straight to the point. Were going to send in a small strike team to get rid of that factory.Who's crazy enough for the job among you?"

It didn't seem thought out at all, but Pallomo knew what he was doing, unbeknowenst to most present.

At first, some uneasy silence. Then some mudokon's (Kai in particlular) jumped at and raised thier hands.

Somtihng burned, deep down inside.

"I'll go!" I roared.

Several people looked uneasily at me, but Pallomo wasn't fased at all.

"Very well. All you going can meet me after the meeting. The hall is ajurn!"

Everyone shuffled uneasily as they left, I was the only one slighlty eager for no apparent reason.

Down front, Pallomo unfurled a large map. But before he could even talk, there was the sound of shouts outside.

"The Welcome Party." Kai snarled.

Pretty short, but I just wanted this much hammered down before things get going.