: Dec 2002
: x
: 286
Shrink  (10)
Hosting Pictures

T3H 3D17:
Damn, old posts are embarrassing.

--
I was essentially asking where I could freely host images, because my n00by self couldn't find away. Sigh.

Last edited by Shrink; 09-17-2005 at 03:27 PM..
01-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)
Idea Upload image as an attachment

This thread should be in forum feedback... I think.

Anyway, to answer your question, the simple thing to do would be just to go to the thread "picture request" in General Discussion (it'll be on the important status) and upload your sig and/or avatar there as an attachment. Then link the image from there.

01-31-2003, 07:56 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

But there is one drawback to that.

If the OWF in the future were to only allow registered members to view attachments (for bandwidth reason, if at all that ever actually happens :P) then non registered members would see a blank red "x" image holder, and no image.

One more permanent, and better so that everyone can see it would be to host it on a server.

However, if it's just for this forum use, just upload it as an attachment, view the attachment and copy and paste the address into an img tag.

*moves to Forum Suggestions & Feedback*

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

02-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Arcoiris
Zappfly

: Feb 2003
: England. Yay.
: 10
Arcoiris  (10)

Go to www.villagephotos.com...it's free, there is a limit on the megs you upload, but provided you're only going to use it for sigs and stuff...It gives you loads of links for your image as well, eg HTML, Ezboard code, etc.