Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

04-05-2011, 07:32 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)
Oddworld The Lost Watch - A short Oddworld fic

"How much is it worth?", asked the mudokon. The clakker took out a monacle, studied the item carefully and then said in an ordinary voice, "Ten moolah" Reg (the mudokon) wasn't overly pleased with this evaluation. Reg added, "It is reasonably old, at least thirty years" The clakker removed the monacle from his eye and looked upwards at the sky, thinking. After what seemed like a few seconds, he looked straight into the mudokon's eyes. The words "Ten moolah" escaped his mouth. Reg again was taken aback.

Reg really needed that eleven moolah, since the present he wanted to buy was worth more than the watch. Reg spoke again, "It's got some initials on the back and a manufacturer's mark of legitimacy" The clakker was interested in what Reg had to say. He took out his monacle, wiped it on his sleeve, looked at the monacle, wiped it again, examined the initials on the back (N.O.E.) and then the manufacturer's mark. Reg held his breath, anxious as to what the Clakker would say. The clakker sighed, looked straight at Reg. Reg's heartrate rose. The clakker spoke in barely a whisper, "Ten moolah" Reg shook his head and left the store. "Goodbye", he said. The clakker shrugged and went back to his work.

Reg looked at the watch again, "I guess I'll hang onto it for now" Suddenly a pair of hands clasped over his face from behind. Reg smiled, "I told you to wait in the café" Sallan smiled as well, "I know but I was..." Suddenly Sallan's eyes fell on the watch. "You found it!", he yelled happily and started dancing. Reg was confused. Sallan noticed and started talking again, "This watch, it's my dad's! It's got his initials on the back, see?" Reg's jaw dropped. Of course, how could he have forgotten that Sallan's father was called Nerther? N.O.E.

Only one thought went into Reg's head: Close call. Good thing he didn't sell the watch after all. It's a funny old world.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Hm... To be sure, it is a nice story.

Nitpickity points do exist however. My main being that Reg and Sallan are mudokons. One would presume mudokons do not own watches. But that is probably my only real complaint. Otherwise, I find that it is a refreshingly un-epic tale.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-08-2011, 01:20 PM
THE ALMIGHTY RAISEN
Bolamite

: Jun 2010
: scotland
: 71
THE ALMIGHTY RAISEN  (21)

:
Hm... To be sure, it is a nice story.

Nitpickity points do exist however. My main being that Reg and Sallan are mudokons. One would presume mudokons do not own watches. But that is probably my only real complaint. Otherwise, I find that it is a refreshingly un-epic tale.
Just because the only mudokons we have seen have been either slaves or living in the wild doesn't mean that there are no muds living a consumer lifestyle in big cities. Im sure this was mentioned in an interview with Lorne.
04-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Fair enough I suppose. There are few other creatures I can think of who would fit into this story.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-09-2011, 06:22 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Not all mudokons are poor

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-09-2011, 07:25 AM
THE ALMIGHTY RAISEN
Bolamite

: Jun 2010
: scotland
: 71
THE ALMIGHTY RAISEN  (21)

:
Not all mudokons are poor
Stereotypes are bad m'kay
04-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Gwan-Thwei
Riot Slug

: Jan 2010
: Cardboard Box
: 569
Gwan-Thwei  (94)

It was nice to see two different regional inhabitants together. Most people like to keep them seperate.
05-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)

Very nice story, I myself had a mudokon buy from a store in my Slusk's oddysee fanfic. (Slusk's Exoddus is out of any of you are intrested.)
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

: Jan 2010
: You don't want to know
: 609
Lord Stanley  (121)Lord Stanley  (121)

I suppose there are some more liberal-minded Mudokons who prefer to go slight industrialist than favor the head-over-heels environmentalist approach...