06-27-2001, 09:13 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
'Pack of the Spider'

This one is mostly going to have rather short chaps, but all will deal with scenerios Spider goes through with the sliglets he found. I don't know how long this fic will end up, so well see....

Chapter 1

Spider was awakened by something nudging his cheek. His opened his eye only to find he had a sliglet staring at him up close. He jumped slightly then groaned with slight annoyance.
“What der yer want this time Rik?” he mumbled.
Rik squeaked at him and went over and curled up in the spot between his neck and his arm.
“Oh no yer don’…” Spider said as he stood up, “yer have yer own bed with yer pack mates.” Spider had been ‘trying’ to train his brood to sleep in there own bed. Bas and Ner got the idea quickly, but Rik was being stubborn. He picked up Rik, using his face tentacles and padded over to the small bed Bas and Ner were faithfully sleeping in. He gently placed Rik into the bed with his pack mates and headed back to his own bed. No sooner had he laid down when Rik jumped up to him again.
“Don’ tell me yer going ter be doing this ter me all night again…” Spider groaned as he once again picked up Rik and put him back with his pack mates. Once again Rik came back. Spider yawned tiredly, this was getting repetitive and it was starting to annoy him. Normally he would have a lot more patience, but when you had a tiring day and are half asleep, your patience tends to wane. This time he punished him, by picking him up in his mouth and applied slight pressure. Not enough to hurt him, but enough to get his point across: That he was being bad.
Rik squawked in surprise and froze as Spider put him back once again. “Now stay there.” Spider said sternly as he plopped back down onto his bed. Thankfully, Rik got the message this time and didn’t come back. Spider yawned again and fell back asleep.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

06-29-2001, 03:30 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

*gives up; drag has too many fics to read...*

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

06-29-2001, 07:42 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

heh sorry rett..guess im a writing manic hehe. for your reference all my completed fics are uploaded to my site

06-30-2001, 01:34 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Chapter 2

The next morning, Spider felt like he hadn’t gotten any sleep at all, yet he knew he did. Again he yawned as he watched the trio chase each other about in the village center.
Sure could use some of their energy ‘bout now… Spider thought as he struggled to stay awake. He blinked a couple of times, shook himself back awake, and did a quick head count.
Let’s see: There’s Bas and Rik. Now where’s Ner? he looked around trying to find the sliglet. He didn’t see him anywhere and he was starting to panic. He noticed Hak walking across the center and was about to ask him if he had seen Ner when he saw Ner right under him!
“HAK DON’T MOVE!” Spider shouted as he ran up to him.
Hak froze in place, bit startled and somewhat puzzled as Spider reached under him. Ner, seeing this as a game, kept moving just out of Spider’s reach. “What’s goin’ on?” he asked.
“Got a bratty sliglet under yer….Why me…?” Spider grumbled as he kept having to circle around Hak, trying to grab the mischievous sliglet.
“Is it safe ter move yet?” Hak asked.
“Not yet…get over here yer little…Frag now where did he go?” Once again Spider lost sight of him. This whole scenario was stressing him out (if he had hair he would be pulling it out right now). Suddenly he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He looked up to see Hak holding Ner in one of his massive hands.
“Is this what yer were lookin’ fer?” Hak said with a smile.
“Yes…” Spider said with a sigh of relief, “Thanks Hak.”
“Don’ mention it.” Hak said as Spider gently picked up Ner in his jaws, “Kids can be a handful can’t they?” Hak said with a knowing smile.
Spider groaned as if to say: Yer telling me?. He nodded another thanks to Hak and walked back over to where the other two sliglets were playing.

That night, there was a vicious thunderstorm. Lightning was flashing everywhere, thunder constantly cracking through the air. All three of Spider’s brood had jumped into his bed and were huddled together under his neck. Spider didn’t mind this time, as he knew they were frightened of the storm. Beside he was too tired to bother with moving them. He rumbled reassuringly to them and fell into a state of deep sleep not long after….

07-01-2001, 03:39 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Note: a good protion of this chap was written by Teal, so credit goes to her for the applicable areas. (see Teal I said I would use this *grin*)

Chapter 3

The next morning everyone was cleaning up after the storm. Spider helped with he could, but most of the time he was busy keeping the sliglets out of the way. He saw Xar in the village center, tending to those who got injured in the storm the night before. Spider snorted and hurried his brood along past.
“Hey Spider!” he heard someone call.
“Yeah?” he called back and saw a group of muds fixing the roof on one of the shelters.
“Could you give us a hand for a minute? We need to get his section back up there and its quite heavily.” One of the muds said.
“Sure.” Spider told his brood to ‘stay’ and he padded over to lend a hand. He didn’t notice Xar approaching his brood….

“Well now,” Xar said as he set his case down beside the sliglets, “I don’ believe yer little guys had yer shots…”

Spider had just finished helping the muds when he heard one of his brood’s call of distress….

The sliglet gave a sharp, strident, high-pitched shrill of distress.
Xar scowled at it for a second. “Oh, come on,” he scolded it, good-naturedly, fiddling with the syringes in his case, looking for the correct one. “If I hadn’t o’ given yer that one, these little beggars would hurt a lot more, now c’mere so as I can give yer yer shots, stop yer gettin’ sick.” He lifted the syringe, flicked out the air bubbles. “yer don’ want ter be gettin’ all sick now, do y-”
He never got the chance to say anything else – with a howl of "I KNEW yer was from Vykkers!" the 'cavalry' arrived. He wasn’t entirely sure of the events of the next few seconds, just that he eventually found himself on his side across the other side of the square, a needle in his side, his right arm at an uncomfortable angle underneath him, fire all down his side.
Spider stood over his brood, rumbling protectively, as if daring the battered little medic to come near with those hated needles again…
Aw damn, I forgot HIM, Xar thought, wheezing miserably, extracting his arm from where he’d lain on it with a wince, and coughed… He realized something was a little more wrong than he’d at first thought when he tasted blood. Damn! I’m bleeding…? Did I bite my lip…?
Then he passed out…

Bea shook her head as she watched the medics tend to Xar. Spider way too protective of them… she thought. She padded in as soon as the medical staff had bustled off to wherever it was they went when off duty. “Xar?”
The little medic looked up and managed a half-smile. “Hey there, Boss lady…” he managed, and coughed weakly, wincing.
“How are you?” she asked, gently, perching on the side of the bed.
“I’ve been better,” he admitted. “Apart from a broken rib, a bust arm and a punctured lung, I got that damn needle in my side an’ re-inoculated meself with somethin’ nasty, so I ain’t goin’ ter be feelin’ so bright fer a few days…”

Xar and the other medics did eventually managed to give the sliglets their shots. Though it took a combo of restraint and sedation to keep Spider from mauling them while doing it. Needless to say…Spider was in a very bad mood for the next few days….

[ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Dragadon ]

07-03-2001, 10:03 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

had this written a while ago...just was lazy in posting it...sorry...

Chapter 4

Spider was resting not far from the lake, the trio of sliglets exploring nearby. They knew not to wander far, but Spider still kept an eye on them. They were growing fast, and Spider could no longer pick them up with his face tentacles with ease. He was also starting to see the different personalities in them:
Ner was always poking his snout into things, yet was the first to run when something startled them. Spider thought this was a rather odd combo of traits…
Rik was the smallest and always lost when the trio got into one of their spats over who was the most dominant. Yet he was stubborn and always came back for more, just to get his tail whooped again. His stubborn nature reminded him of Scrawny…
Bas was turning out to have a good-natured attitude. He was always the first one to call to him when one of them was in trouble. He also had a tendency to break up the fights when they were getting too rough. He also seems to have taken interest in the medics for some strange reason…

There was a startled squeak and, as usual, Ner came scampering out of a patch of grass and buried himself underneath one of Spider's arms.
"What startled yer this time?" Spider rumbled softly. Then he heard Bas call to him and he immediately got up and padded over, Ner having promptly relocated himself onto Spider's back.
He peeked into the grass patch to see what Bas was calling about. There, next to Bas and Rik, was another sliglet. This was a little larger then the others, telling Spider that he was a little bit older then those of his brood. He wasn't in good shape though. He looked like he hadn't eaten in a while and had several nasty looking bruises on him. Spider sniffed and scented a slig he didn't know.
Spider's face crinkled up in disgust, Seems like he was beaten and left for dead by another slig. he thought, a slight angry growl escaping his throat. He nuzzled the unfortunate sliglet gently, to see if there was still life in him. There was. In the next instant, the sliglet had suddenly clamped down onto one of Spider's tentacles with his jaws, causing Spider to yelp in surprise. He shook his head gently, trying to get the sliglet off without hurting him, but the sliglet held firm.
"Well," Spider said with a sigh, "If yer want ter be carried back ter the village like this so be it.."
He rumbled to Rik and Bas, and they climbed onto him, joining Ner on his back. Spider then started on the track back to the village, the new sliglet still hanging off him by his jaws...

07-05-2001, 12:23 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

what do you guys and gals think so far?

Chapter 5

Xar was surprised when he saw Spider come into the med hut with his brood. It took him a moment to notice the forth sliglet hanging off of Spider’s snout by its jaws.
“This is a surprise…” Xar said, turning to him, “Normally yer either have ter be drugged or unconscious ter get yer in here.”
“Very funny, don’ get use ter it.” Spider growled warningly, “Found this little guy near the lake, looks like he’s been though a lot…”
“Well lets take a looksee at ‘em.” As Xar reached to try to pry the sliglet off Spider’s snout, the sliglet give a shrill of fight and dropped off suddenly. Spider was barely able to catch him. The sliglet squealed and squirmed in Spider’s grasp, apparently trying to get away from Xar.
Xar and Spider looked at each other with worried looks; this wasn’t a good sign. Who ever had this sliglet before obviously didn’t treat him very well…
“I’ll go get Bea…” Xar said as he left the hut.
Once Xar had left the sliglet calmed down, but he was still panting and shaking in fright. Spider gently put the sliglet on the examination table; Bas jumped onto the table as well and nuzzled him comfortingly. The sliglet turned and snapped at him. Bas jumped back a bit, but he came back nuzzled him some more. Rik and Ner jumped onto the table as well and followed Bas’ lead. Spider also joined in comforting the sliglet, rumbling softly. The sliglet keep snapping at them, but eventually got the idea that they weren’t there to hurt him and relaxed. Spider looked up when Bea entered the room, followed shortly by Xar. The sliglet squawked in fright when he saw Xar and started backing away.
“Easy little one…” Bea said as she picked up the frightened sliglet. The sliglet’s gaze was firmly affixed on Xar, and was squealing franticly. “Xar I think you will need to stay out of sight, this poor little guy doesn’t seem to like grown sligs at all…” she said worriedly. Xar nodded silently and left the room. At once the sliglet calmed down again.
“If I find whoever made ‘em this way,” Spider said with a low growl, “He’s in fer some hurtin’”
“Chances are we may never find the culprit Spider” Bea said sadly, “All we can do is try to undo the damage done..”

07-05-2001, 04:17 AM
BigBroSig
Fuzzle

: Jun 2001
: Ponca City,Oklahoma
: 149
BigBroSig  (10)

hhheyyyy! I like it! I like it!
I've never been able to wright fan fics very well but I like to read 'em!

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: BigBroSlig ]

07-06-2001, 09:40 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Medcentre is getting busy, non? Good as usual Drag... *grins*

07-18-2001, 03:07 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

*blows the dust off of the topic* yeah i know its been awhile, but the good news is that this fic is finally finished, i just need to type it into Word. So for all my fans out there...here are two chaps today *grin*.

Chapter 6

The new sliglet, who Spider has named Tok, was completely healed physically, but mentally a lot of work was still needed. The only ones Tok would allow near him was Spider, his brood, and mudokons. He fled from any grown sligs, even Hak. Whenever Spider was walking about through the village with them, Tok would stay right under him the whole time. Several times Spider tried to coax him onto his back with the others, but most of the time he would refuse. When he did comply, he would flatten himself against Spider’s body as close as he could, and not budge until Spider said for him to get off. He still snapped at the other sliglets once in a while, but for the most part tolerated them. It did take a while for Spider to get him to sleep in the same bed as the rest of his brood, but he managed. Now he often found Tok at the bottom of the ‘sliglet pile’ when he went to wake them up every morning.

One day, Bea offered to watch over the brood for him so he could take the day off. Spider agreed and went for a walk.
As he was walking along the bank to a dry riverbed (a very familiar river bed in fact), he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. There was something in the riverbed, something metallic. He made sure there wasn’t any floods approaching before sliding down the bank and walking over to it. All he could see was a faint circle. Curious he started digging around it, revealing more of the object. As he dug it started to look familiar to him and he started digging more eagerly. Eventually, he managed to out what was once his pants. It wasn’t in very good shape; water had rusted many areas and dirt and sand was in every nook and cranny. He dragged it back up the bank, took some vines, and managed to strap it onto his back. He then trotted back to the village.

“Spider…what on Oddworld is that?” Bea asked when she saw Spider return with his pants strapped to his back.
“It’s my pants.” Spider said as he shrugged them off and set them on the ground in front of him, “Well, what’s left of ‘em…”
“They do look like they are in pretty bad shape.”
“Yeah…hopefully I can get ‘em working again…” Spider started poking around the pants, “Now where was that…ah there it is.” He found and opened a small compartment, and took out several tools, “Looks like these made it ok…How was my brood today?” he asked as he started cleaning out the sand the best he could.
“They were fine. They are asleep now.” Bea smiled, “Tok looks like he is getting better.”
“He does?” Spider looked up, smile on his face.
“He seems to be getting used to having grown sligs around him. He still acts apprehensive, but he doesn’t flat out flee from them. He even played with the others a bit as well.”
“That’s good…that’s really good. I hope this improvement continues…” Spider rumbled happily.

Chapter 7

Spider looked up from working on his pants to see Ner staring at him right in the face.
“What is it Ner?” he asked.
The sliglet just squeaked and started climbing all over the pants, looking it over curiously.
“Curious little bugger.” Spider chuckled as he shooed the sliglet away, “Go play with the others.”
Ner squawked in disappointment, but complied. Spider watched as Ner rejoined Bas, Rik, and Tok in a game of tag. He smiled as he watched them, happy that Tok was starting to act like a normal slig.
Confident that they will be all right for the time being, Spider turned his attention back to his pants. Over the past few days he had been able to clean out most of the dirt and sand and was now checking to see how bad off the electronics were. So far it looked like he only needed to replace a few parts and those he could easily scrounge off of spare slig pants. From the looks of it, he will be able to get them fully functional again, still this was the biggest maintance job he ever had to do on them.
Suddenly he heard Bas call to him and he looked up to see what was wrong. He saw Bas, Ner, and Rik all standing next to each other squawking and honking angrily at someone or something. He couldn’t see who or what it was as there was a tree in the way.
Where’s Tok? he thought.
He got his answer a few seconds later when he saw Tok suddenly flew out from behind the tree and landed with a hard thud not far from the rest of the brood. Then he saw a grown slig approach Tok; a look of hate was on his face. The slig reached down to grab Tok again and with an angry howl Spider charged….

07-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

hheerrrreeeeesssss the next chap...(sorry its so long between chaps...ive been lazy...)

Chapter 8

The slig didn’t know what hit him. Just before he grabbed Tok Spider rammed into him…sending him flying and he landed with a thud stunned. Spider bent down and nuzzled Tok, to see if he was alright. At first there was no response and Spider’s heart began to sink, but then Tok let out a painful wail. The rest of the brood ran up and comforted Tok. Once Spider was sure Tok wasn’t suffering from any serious injures he turned his attention back to the offending slig, who was just getting back up. He happened to catch the sligs scent on the breeze and he recognized it: it was the same slig he smelled when he first found Tok….
“So…” Spider said to the slig, his eyes narrowed and his voice a low growl, “Yer like beatin’ up kids eh?”
The slig didn’t answer…he just stood there tembling, afraid of the angry crossbreed.
“Well let me tell yer somethin’…” Spider continued, “Yer don’ treat kids that way and I’m ‘bout ter show yer why….”
“Oh no…” was all the slig got out before Spider grabbed him and tore his pants off. Spider then procided to beat the living daylights out of the slig, but he only hit him hard enough to leave some very nasty bruises.
“Please no more!” the slig cried after a while.
Spider stopped and glared at him. “Oh so yer beggin’ fer mercy? Yer never showed Tok any mercy, so why should I?” Spider asked, his voice low and dangerous.
“Please….I…I’m sorry!”
“Yer better be sorry. I jus’ showed yer what Tok felt. So yer better remember this, fer if I find ever found out yer mistreated ‘nother kid…yer be seein’ me again and this time yer be getting’ some things broken….”
The slig nodded slowly in understanding…shaking in fear.
“Now get outta my sight!” Spider growled. The slig quickly scampered off, not even stopping to reclaim his pants. Spider looked at the forgotten pants and grinned.
I think I’ll use them for the spare parts I need….

Late that night, Spider was awakened by Tok cries; the little one just had a nightmare. Spider got up, walked over to him, and nuzzled him comfortingly. Tok was still crying and Spider gently picked him up and took him back with him to his bed.
“It’s ok…” Spider rumbled gently as he put him into his bed and laid down beside him, It was only a dream and dreams can’t hurt yer.”
Tok let out a small wail and curled up next to Spiders neck. Spider sighed and rumbled comfortingly to him.
“I know how yer feel Tok.” Spider said quietly, “I know what it’s like ter fer helpless as terrible things are done ter yer and havin’ ter relive them again in yer dreams. I still get them from time ter time, remindin’ me of what I had gone through. Only what I went through was much worse, but I was able ter pull through and start livin’ a normal life. Yer can ter Tok…I know yer can….”

07-21-2001, 11:54 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Chapter 9

Nerik came to visit a couple of weeks later.
“Ah workin’ on yer pants still eh Spide?” Nerik asked.
“Yep.” Spider said, “Think I almost got it…”
“Getting’ tired of walkin’ on yer hands?” Nerik smirked.
“Not really…I jus’ want ter be able ter use both hands when I need ter.”
“Understandable, plus yer name doesn’t really suit yer without ‘em…”
“Ha ha very funny…” Spider leaned over his to look at Nerik more closely, “Scrawny.”
“I told yer…” Nerik said with a slight scowl, “It’s Nerik.”
“I know, but I like ‘Scrawny’ better.” Spider said with a smirk.
“Feh, It don’ suit me anymore.”
They suddenly heard the chorus of “Uncle Nerik! Uncle Nerik!” as four sliglets ran into the room.
“Oh no…sto…ack!” was all Nerik could get out before the sliglets jumped him, smothering him. It was too much for Spider, who had fallen over laughing hysterically.
“Spider! Help! Im’ getting’ smothered here!” Nerik cried, buried under a pile of sliglets.
“Aw…they jus’ luv their Uncle Nerik.” Spider managed to say before another fit of laughter.
“Ack! But there is such a thing as too much luv! Gerroff! Go pounce on Spider or something!”
Laughing, the sliglets got off of Nerik and started jumping on Spider, who just went into another laughing fit.
“Ah help! I’m bein’ attacked!” Spider laughed, “Too many of them! I’m done fer!” Spider then lay still, playing dead.
“Spider?” Tok said as he poked him.
Spider suddenly jerked his head up and yelled “Boo!”, causing all four sliglets to jump. Spider burst out laughing again and so did Nerik and the sliglets.
“Yer know…” Nerik said when he managed to stop laughing, “I still don’ see how yer, of all people, could be so good with kids.”
“One of lifes little mysteries I surpose.” Spider said with a grin, “Alright yer runts, go on and play; Spide’s got work ter der.”
“Aw…ok.” The four sliglets said in unison as they headed outside.
“Tok is getting’ a lot better isn’t he?” Nerik asked.
“Yes he is…” Spider said as he got up and started to work on his pants again, “I’m proud of ‘em…I’m proud of all of ‘em.”
“That is good. So...have yer thought ‘bout what yer goin’ ter der once they move out on their own?”
Spider looked up at him; there was a hint of sadness in his eyes.
“I…haven’t really started ter think ‘bout that…” he said.
“I think yer better start. They are growin’ up fast.”
“Yes…yes they are….”

07-22-2001, 07:48 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Chapter 10

A week later, the sliglets were watching Spider put the finishing touches on his pants. Out of the four, only Ner seemed to be truly interested.
“Will they work?” Ner asked.
“If I did everythin’ right they should.” Spider said as he looked the pants over one last time.
“And if they don’t?”
“If not, then I’ll have ter figure out why. There that should der it…”
Spider put away his tools and maneuvered himself so he could slip into the pants. As he slipped in, he lost his balance and fell flat onto his face. This brood burst out in laughter.
“Aw quiet…” Spider grumbled as he picked himself up, “It’s been awhile.”
“Sorry Spider.” Bas said, still giggling.
One the second attempt, Spider was able to get in. He took a deep breath and tried to get them to move. They did.
“They work!” Spider said before letting out a howl of victory. His brood cheered and climbed up onto his shoulders. It was then that Spider realized something: not long ago, all four could have sat on just one shoulder if they wanted too. Now, only two can fit on one shoulder, even with Rik, who was the smallest.
They are gettin’ big. he thought, What am I goin’ ter der once they are full grown?

It felt weird to be in pants again. Spider had been going without for so long that he had almost forgotten how to use them. He was getting some surprised looks as he walked through the village in them.
“Well now…” he heard Bea say, “Now I see why they called you ‘Spider’.”
“Yep.” Spider said with a chuckle as he turned toward her. “Jus’ takin’ them fer a test run. Still got some kinks ter work out.”
“I’m surprised you were able to get them working at all, considering the shape they were in.”
“Ya I know. It feels kind of weird ter be in them again. Guess I got use ter movin’ ‘bout without ‘em. But then I wasn’t expectin’ ter find them again either.”
“That is true.” Bea said with a nod, “I’ve also noticed that your little brood ain’t so ‘little’ anymore.”
“Ya…” Spider said sadly, “They’re growin’ up so fast…I…I’m not sure what I’ll der with myself once they move out on their own.”
“I’m sure you will find something. Maybe you can do night patrol, since you have best night vision, plus your darker skin color makes it hard to see you in the shadows.”
“Yer got a point there…” Spider said with a smile.
“Talk to Drek when you get a chance, I’m sure he’ll be happy to give you a shift.”
“Thanks Bea…I will.”

07-25-2001, 09:57 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

lets see...3 more chaps to go!

Chapter 11

Spider rested on top of a rock as he watched his brood chase each other about. They were nearly at their full size now and they were being careful not to get too rough with each other. Each one’s personality was obvious now:
Tok, mainly due to being a victim of abuse during the early part of his life, was ever vigilant and weary of strangers and anything else suspicious. He was also turning out to be a good fighter and often won the play fights they got into.
Bas was something of a pacifist. He only fought if he had to and was slow to anger. His calm demeanor often calmed the others down when things were tense. He was also picking up a few skills from the medical field.
Ner was still the easily startled type, but no longer flat out fled as long as the others were with him. He had a fast reaction time and often used hit-and-run methods when in a scuffle. He was also learning mechanics, but he was learning the hard as there was no professional mechanic in the village.
Rik was destined to be the runt of the brood, as he was the smallest and the weakest. But he never let that get him down, for he often used his smaller size to sneak up and ambush the others. He was no good in a straight up fight though and had to use hit-and-run.

Tok suddenly stopped running and the others ran into him.
“Ow…what yer stop fer?” Ner mumbled, annoyed.
Tok seemed to be staring at Spider, but was actually staring at someone or something behind him, his eyes wide with fear.
“What’s wrong Tok?” Spider asked, concerned.
“Sp…Sp…Spider behind yer!” Tok suddenly cried. Spider took a quick glance back to see a Big Brother aiming a gun at him.
“Crap!” Spider cried as he literally dove off the rock, getting it between him and the BBS just before the bullets started flying. His brood quickly ran over and took shelter under him. The BBS kept shooting, keeping them pinned and trapped….

07-28-2001, 07:59 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

Maaaan, you write fanfics!!! They are great ...and i have a lot to read, hehehe!
keep up the good work!

Oº°'´¨`·–l[ (¯`'·.,¸·´¯`·*> <*·´¯`·¸,.·'´¯) ]l–·´¨`'°ºO

07-28-2001, 08:22 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Thankie Alector...just make sure you read 'Spider' first, thats the first of my Spider series. You may want to read my mud based ones too...as some of the characters in those are in the Spider ones. They are all on my site (including some of my non Oddworld ones...which I am WAY behind on...

Chiatsa: Tell me about it...you still haven't written the last two chaps of MY story!

not you again! Off! this is an Oddworld board!)

Chapter 12

Spider shielded his brood protectively as the bullets flew around them. Pieces of the rock they were hiding behind rained down on them as the bullets struck it. Spider peeked out from behind the rock to glare at the BBS that was shooting at them when the shooting stopped briefly.
"Stop shooting yer idiot!" Spider howled, "There are non-combatants here!"
"So?" the BBS said coldly as he reloaded, "Jus' means more targets ter shoot at."
Spider barely ducked back down in time when the BBS opened up again. He was thinking frantically, trying to think of a way out of this mess.
"Spider..." he barely heard Rik squeak, "Why is he shooting at us?"
"'Cause he's trying ter kill us..." Tok said flatly.
"But why?" Ner whined, "What did we der ter him?"
Spider didn't answer, as he was listening intently to the gunfire. He could tell that the BBS was slowly circling around to get a clear shot at them. He knew he had to lead this creep away from his brood.
"Kids," he said, "When I say 'go', yer start running back toward the village."
"But what 'bout yer?" Bas protested.
"I'll distract 'em, don' worry 'bout me. It's more important that all yer get ter safety."
"But..."
"No buts!"
He knew this was a big risk, there was no way to know for sure if the BBS will keep his attention on him and ignore his brood. But it was a risk he had to take. He waited until the BBS paused to reload again, then he bolted out from behind the rock.
"Go!" he cried to his brood just as the BBS opened up on him. As he ran, he saw his brood running back toward the village. Thankfully the BBS ignored them and kept shooting at him; he breathed a sigh of relief. He winced as a couple of bullets grazed his back and he dove behind another rock. He rested a moment, breathing heavily. Since he was without his pants that the moment, he was having a harder time staying ahead of the bullets. The BBS reloaded too quickly for him to try to counter-attack, so that wasn't an option.
Unless someone comes ter my aid soon...I'm screwed. Spider thought bitterly. The BBS had tons of ammo on him, so he could shoot at him all day if he wanted to.
There was another pause and Spider bolted out again. This time he ran toward the BBS, turning away just as he resumed firing. Halfway to the next rock, however, Spider slipped. Two bullets then struck him, one in the side, the other in the shoulder. A third grazed his neck. He screamed in pain and collapsed. The BBS honked in triumph, and strode over to him.
"I knew it would only be a matter of time before I got yer." The BBS laughed as he leveled his gun at Spider's head, "I'm going ter get a big reward fer killing yer."
Spider rolled suddenly, swinging his uninjured arm up and knocked the gun out of the BBS's hands. He managed to stand up, grimacing in pain from his wounds, and socked the BBS in the face, knocking his mask off. Before Spider could do anything else the BBS backhanded him, knocking him down flat on his back.
"Think yer smart don' yer?" the BBS growled as he put one of his feet on Spider's chest, "Looks like I still win." he smiled coldly as he started to put all his weight on Spider's chest. Spider howled in pain as he frantically tried to get the BBS's foot off him. But the BBS was too heavy and he was getting crushed under his weight.
This must be the end... Spider thought, seeing no way out of this mess.
Suddenly the BBS gave a startled yelp and staggered back, releasing him. Spider rolled over, and coughed a couple of times before he looked up to see what got the BBS off him. His eyes widened in shock...

Note: this chap marks my 500 post...yippie!

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: Dragadon ]

07-29-2001, 04:41 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

only the Epilogue to go!

Chapter 13

The BBS was being assaulted by four sliglets, HIS brood. Tok was biting and clawing at the BBS's face. The other three were doing the same on other parts of his body. Now, any other time this scene would be hilarious, but right now Spider was horrified.
"Gerroff you vermits!" the BBS howled as he tried to knock the sliglets off.
"Spider!" he heard Tok cry, "Get 'em! Get 'em now!"
Spider, snapping back to his senses, complies.
"Move!" he yelled as he lunged. His brood hastily complied and Spider managed to seize the BBS by the throat with his jaws. The BBS made a couple gurgle noises and had a look of shock on his face, he tried to pull Spider off, but Spider held firm, tightening his grip. The sliglets watched from a safe distance as the BBS weakened and finally collapsed. Spider kept his grip on the BBS's throat for a moment longer, making sure he was dead. He let go and weakly padded over to his brood.
"Any of yer hurt?" Spider asked, panting heavily.
"No Spider, we are all fine." Bas answered.
"Good..." Spider managed to say before collapsing and blacking out due to pain and exhaustion....

Spider woke up a bit later. He was in a med hut and he shuddered. Even after all this time he still hated medics. His wounds were all bandaged up and he saw his brood beside him.
"He's awake!" Bas called to the others.
"Oh Spider, we were worried 'bout yer." Ner said as he hugged him.
"Yer gave us a bit of a scare there, we thought we were going ter lose yer fer a moment there." Rik commented.
"Why...," Spider started with a slight growl, "did yer disobey? I told yer ter run back ter the village!"
"If we didn't come back and jump that bistich yer would've been killed." Tok said, a little surprised at his anger.
"I would have gladly died if I was sure yer would have been safe!"
"Spider...," Bas started, "we appreciate yer protecting and raising us, but we're not sliglets anymore. We are young sligs and we are old enough to make our own decisions. We are no longer jus’ yer brood; we are yer pack. We not only see yer as our father, we see yer as our fellow pack mate as well. And pack mates look out fer each other, no matter the danger or the risk. We all need each other and that is why we disobeyed."
"My...pack..." Spider said, letting it sink in, "I...never thought I would have my own pack before..."
"Well there's a first time fer everything, isn't there Spide?" Nerik said as he padded in and jumped up on to the bed next to him. "I think yer would make a great Alpha."
"Scrawny..." Spider said with a smile, "Yer really think I would?"
"Hey..." Nerik yanked half-heartedly on one of Spider's face tentacles, "I told yer...it's Nerik now. And yes I really think that yer would."
"Aw...yer always be Scrawny ter me..."
"Well it don' look like it would suit me anymore now does it?" Nerik laughed.
"Guess not....hmmm." Spider thought a moment, "We need a pack name..."
"How 'bout 'The Spiders'?" Ner suggested.
"Ain't that a bit on the obvious side?" Spider said, raising a brow.
"Not really, yer an ambush predator, yer like ter set traps, and yer like to slink around in the dark; all are traits of real spiders." Nerik said with a smirk, "And I bet, under yer guidance, yer pack mates will learn how ter der those things just as well as yer."
"Yer right," Spider said with a chuckle, "'The Spider's' it is then."
A small cheer then went up in the group...

07-31-2001, 03:19 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

LAST ONE FOR THIS FIC!

Epilogue

Two months have pasted since the BBS incident and Spider was walking down a path not far from the village, thinking about how well his new pack was doing. It had taken some getting used to referring to them as his pack and not his brood. Spider had managed to scrounge up four slig pants for them and, like him, can move just as easily in them as they could without. Each of his pack mates have developed skilled based on their abilities:

Tok was as observant as ever and nearly matched Spider in fighting ability. He has become proficient at using a spear.
Bas stayed true to his more peaceful nature and concentrated on the medical field. He did learn to use the bow and arrow though and was no slouch in a fight if he needed to.
Ner was getting better at mechanics, though many of his ‘inventions’ either blew up or just plain didn’t work. Fighting wise he still used hit and run, but could hold his own in a straight up fight.
Rik used his smaller size to the utmost, often scouting ahead. He found whips to his liking and used them to disarm his opponents before using hit and run.

Spider’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard something in front of him. He stopped, sniffed the air and caught the scent of several unfamiliar sligs. He waited patiently; he knew what was going to happen and was ready for it.
As he expected, a group of industrial sligs came out of hiding and surrounded him.
“Well lookee what we came across…” the Alpha said, “a certain crossbreed the Magtog has been lookin’ fer.”
“So yer found me.” Spider said calmly, “What are yer goin’ ter der now? Shoot me?”
“Well the management said yer are worth more alive then dead, but not ter hesitate ter shoot yer if yer cause us any trouble. So either yer come along nice and quiet like or we shoot yer full of lead.” All the sligs then pointed their guns at him.
“Well then…I’ll ask yer somethin’ else…” Spider said coolly, “Der yer really think I’m out here by myself?”
The sligs started looking around nervously. With a unimpressed snort the Alpha said, “Stay calm…we all know he only works by him…ugh!”
The rest of the sligs looked in shock as their Alpha suddenly fell over dead with a spear sticking out of his chest. They all looked at Spider who just shrugged with a smirk on his face. They shifted nervously, not sure whether to flee or fight.
“Any last words?” Spider said with a smile, showing his teeth. They took a couple of steps back as Spider unfolded his arms and arched his back.
It was then the rest of the Spiders attacked, tearing into the sligs. Things happened so quickly and unexpectedly that they couldn’t react. Within a minute, all the sligs were either dead or unconscious, not a bullet was fired. Spider surveyed the scene as his pack regrouped around him.
“Any injuries?” Spider asked.
“Ok minor scrapes and bruises.” Bas answered.
“Good, very good.” Spider said with a smile. That smile turned into a frown as Spider turned toward Tok, who tensed. “Tok…yer acted before I gave the signel…what have I told yer ‘bout patience?”
“I…I’m sorry Spider…” Tok said, hanging his head, “I got anxious.”
“I know.” Spider said with a sigh, “Yer lucky they didn’t jus’ start shootin’ wildly. Next time we might not be so lucky. Yer must think of all the consequences before takin’ action.”
“I’ll try harder next time.”
“Hey…fer only two months trainin’ yer did really good, all of yer. And with continued trainin’ we could become the best pack in the village.”
“Yer really think so?” Rik asked.
“Without a doubt.” Spider smiled, “Lets head back, I’m gettin’ hungry.”
“When are yer not hungry?” Ner smirked.
With a slight chuckle, Spider smacked Ner upside the head. “Smart aleck, race yer back.”
“Yer on!” the rest of the pack cried and they raced each other back to the village, laughing all the way.

Next Fic 'Black and White'
Let's see after that one its 'Snap and Departure' and 'Shriek'
*sees task ahead and faints*