12-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)
Your own Oddworld creature?

Now, I'm not sure if this type of thing has been made before, but I've searched the thread without finding stuff like this so ..... yeah.

Basically, just think up of creatures that you think would be fitting of Oddworld. There aren't too many rules to this I suppose ..... Seeing as how there could always be a wide variety of alien beasties roaming Oddworld ....

Glukmite: small green Fuzzle-sized creatures that are a cross between Arachnids and molluscs. Much like green octopuses with a hard arachnid exo-skeleton. Glukmites spray acidic green goop at its prey. Its backside somewhat resembles a hollow Glukkon Skull. Glukmites have no nads, they are birthed from one large queen.

Smeetcher: Smeetchers are large blue bat-like reptiles. Using echolocation as a form of guidance. Smeetchers normally hang around subterranean places during daytime, and fly out at bight to feast on anything smaller than themselves.
12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
odd prodigy
Chippunk

: Dec 2008
: oddworld duh !
: 27
odd prodigy  (12)

WOW what a great idea chronicler !

bloops- these amphibious glowing creatures are about the size of munch.they have four webbed feet and suction cupped and the upper body of a grubb with a dorsal fin down its back. its also has pinky fleshy flaps under its arm pits to catch under water current. they lure smal prey towards them with an antennae (sp?) and ahve sleek hunter green slimy skin with black spotts. they lurk in the dark waters and swamps of odd world eating algae and fish and scavenging for scrapps.they have a large enough intellect to be able to create crudely made weapons such as spears and nets.

hmmmm...How about the chill pill ?

ignorance is bliss....and bliss is your blight.

Last edited by odd prodigy; 12-13-2008 at 10:09 AM..
12-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Ha ha! I shall lay claim to a variety of historical ideas!

12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

Did you copyright that threadd, BM?
12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Great thread!
scrablig- cross between a scrab and a worker slig.
the head- scrab's beak with slig's mask
the body- scrab's body but in a green colour, arms to carry around Guns
the legs - robotic scrab like legs
what do ya think!

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

12-13-2008, 08:01 AM
stonetooth
Boombat

: Texas
: 238
stonetooth  (54)

Gratogon - Giant lizard species, somewhat like grubbs except more warlike. Has a mouth full of sharp, pointy teeth. They have a tendency to eat meat and are considered a native species, all though they are very evil. They usually tattoo themselves all over their body whenever they come of age, and have few allies, but many enemies.

Minion Sneaker - a new type of outlaw, this minion is very sneaky and they usually attack someone in groups. They typically wear short, red and black hats, that are maybe 3 or 4 inches high. they typically look like a shooter, except they have darker skin, small beaty eyes, and use knives to throw and stab with, and sometimes use small pistols.

Borokan - They are a very big people, which stand at a range from 6 to 9 feet. They use giant rocks as weapons, and of course there huge fists. Their eyes are diffrent sizes and colors, and they wear scraps of metal, cloth, and even leaves all over there body as armor. They are great for suicide bombers as they can carry around huge bombs in there hands and can take heavy damage.

Gas Mask Minion - These outlaws have a tendency to to use poison bombs and guns that spray out acid and things of the like to attack with, and wear a huge gas mask over there face. They have better clothing then most outlaws, and are considered elite amongst the outlaws.

Tell me what you think.
12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

: England
: 489
GlacierDragon  (114)GlacierDragon  (114)

Cool. Here's mine (I already posted this in my art thread).

Creetles are a carnivourus species that live in the mountains. They are just slightly larger than Scrabs and are extremely agile, being able to climb almost sheer rock-faces. Their multiple mandibles are very strong and can hold prey in a deadly grip that is very difficult, if not impossible, to escape from. They are very inteligent and live in complex social groups, usually with only a couple of males and the rest females. They also make yummy food (Creetle Crunchies).

.:FanFictions:.
~The Madness Of Life - On hiatus~
~Shrown - Edited and completed~

12-13-2008, 08:23 AM
stonetooth
Boombat

stonetooth  (54)

that's amazing. I could definetly see something like that in oddworld.
12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

I might as well post mine. ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Slogosaurs can live pretty much anywhere. They prefer to live alone and are very aggressive but once breeding season begins they are known to be very calm. It is very rare for a female Slogosaur to have two babies so when that happends a deadly fight between the babies bursts out immediently until one is dead. The female is the only one that cares for the youngster while the male roams off to find another mate.
They are known to attack Elums, Paramites, and Mudokons. Though they can pretty much eat anything but they prefer to search high and low for Elums.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Admiral Zaarin
Thudslug

: Aug 2007
: classified
: 167
Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)

In a game called Alone In The Dark 4 there was a bizarre three-legged insect-like creature that looks very oddworldish. I'll see if I can get a screen of it.
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Holland
: 242
Fil The Slig  (-66)

:
In a game called Alone In The Dark 4 there was a bizarre three-legged insect-like creature that looks very oddworldish. I'll see if I can get a screen of it.
Mean this one in the attachment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	59.4 
ID:	10033  

01-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)
Dongos!

Oh,and the Dongos.
Species nameongos.
Max lifetime:50 Years.
Min Lifetime:25 years.
Eating:Flesh
Dongos are creatures made by Vykkers.
Vykkers captured Sea Rexes,and Paramites,and muted it.
So,Dongos are Paramites with the Sea Rex head.
It breeds 2 eggs per month,and eats everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	29.9 
ID:	10035  

Last edited by Fil The Slig; 01-10-2009 at 12:14 AM..
01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Carnix
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2007
: A magical place
: 1,482
Carnix  (553)Carnix  (553)Carnix  (553)Carnix  (553)Carnix  (553)Carnix  (553)

I recall participating in a thread like this a while back... though I wasn't very good at making up my own creatures I wasn't too bad at illustrating other people's.
So here you go, Crashpunk, I give you the Scrablig:

01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Lacy Hemsmire
Thudslug

: Oct 2008
: Crypt #27
: 185
Lacy Hemsmire  (39)

http://radicalslug.deviantart.com/art/Silox-109228499

Mine's much too large to put in here. I used the same format as I found on the Oddworld Encyclopaedia. I hope that's okay. xD

I've got pictures on that account somewhere, but I don't like them and plan on redoing them someday.

01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Carnix
Outlaw Shooter

Fil, I give you the dongo:

============================================
Although I can't find the aforesaid thread I did find a few of the images I made on new oddworldian creatures:

MOW-

OCTOPOD-

PRAT-

STROO-

Last edited by Carnix; 01-12-2009 at 09:43 AM..
01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

THNX Carnix!
Now,people can see how Dongo's real look like!

01-15-2009, 08:29 AM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

: England
: 489
GlacierDragon  (114)GlacierDragon  (114)

Great photomanipulation. I think my favorite's the stroo.

.:FanFictions:.
~The Madness Of Life - On hiatus~
~Shrown - Edited and completed~

01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
stonetooth
Boombat

stonetooth  (54)

Vortagon - A greedy industrial species, they love to collect moolah. They are short, 2 to 3 feet high creatures. They have typical SMG like guns, but usually hire whatever industrial type race to protect there banks, factories, and other things. There are few left, maybe about two dozen all over oddworld, but they are a force to be reckoned with. They have two short and stubby legs and long arms.

Grutag - A brutish and barbaric people, they live to fight. Once they are born, they're parents leave them. If they don't survive as a child, they will die, and none of there species would care. They usually turn into mercenaries or ravaging warbands, and many have started to get guns, but most still use axes and spears. They rarely ever talk unless they are screaming one of there warcries. They are about 6 feet tall and have many muscles.

Meekling - Fish-like people, they have fins, dark blueish skins, and dark red eyes. They mostly live at beaches close to water, or in dark swamps. They can breath on land and water, so they have almost no weaknesses. They have a high intellect, but are a native species and are very peacful, never attacking unless there people are in danger.
01-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

(Some of these creatures are very interesting. Liked your Creetle, GlacierDragon ^^)

I've got a few creatures of my own, links to their pics, too. They have their bio on the page, but I do admit, it's hard to read. So I'll put a lil' summary below (some bits may be altered)

Creme de la creme:

http://decepticondeputy-umi.devianta...atomy-64327655

Specie name: Hunter (Kil-zuz-ll)
A reptilian cousin (if you will) of the Ezum; an ancient form of an Ezum from a previous genetic mutation. While most Ezums changed with perfect results, some didn't make it through the spawning pool. Thus, "Hunters" were made.
Ezums, originally carnivores (when their food supplies were running low) began to raise themselves off the sweet, chewy long grass of the Chixapox fields, where now the Ezums thrive. Unfortunately, with the Ezums migration, so followed the carnivorous Hunters. Now, the Hunters prey off of their very close relatives, basically lowering themselves to cannibalism.
Hunters have an array of tools and weapons to better help them on their hunt. Because of their lack in change (to be a true Ezum), Hunters have kept their slender, light bodies. Powerful legs help them accelerate after faster prey, and a retractable claw (much like a velociraptor) helps grapple in to the prey's flesh.
The first, and foremost weapons a Hunter uses is its quadrupedal arms; one set as functional running arms, and a set upon their backs. On its forearms are bird-like fingers; two large frontal appendages, and two thinner, reverse-joint talons. These claws act heavily in catching prey, and helping the Hunter accelerate (and in some cases, decelerate) The appendages attached to their shoulder blades have but 2 claws. One is small, and very flimsy; practically useless. The other, however, proves more useful. A long dagger-like claw latches in to prey, further helping to end a mutilating catch.
One finally, and potentially the greatest of help towards the Hunter, is its jaw-like appendages hidden within its large snout. In these appendages hide a secrete, and potent/deadly venom that has transfigured over the many centuries Hunters have been alive.
Sensory talons that ridge its spine catches motion from over a 5-mile radius. Once a hungry Hunter catches a hint of movement, it won't stop until it dies, or its prey dies. A truly dangerous creature; you wouldn't want to end up in its jowls.

http://decepticondeputy-umi.devianta...atomy-64662699

Specie: Shredder (Guardian of the Swamp) (si-kotic)
An enormous, bipedal monster that is said to have claimed, and guard a swamp over eons since Oddworld first developed. If going through its territory, be warned that you do not fall asleep while it knows your presence is close.
The Shredder doesn't possess vocal chords; therefore, it cannot speak nor make a sound. However, over the years, it has developed a sense of telekinetic powers. It manipulates its power, and reaches in to the minds of sleeping wanderers. It then commences tantalizing, antagonizing, and potentially maddening visions in to the unconscious one, hoping to either drive it to madness, or drive it away from its territory.
The Shredder isn't known to kill anyone or anything, but a sense with its chaotic visions can send one insane, almost to the point of death.
One last feature with this creature; within the spines on its massive tail, a small array of invading tentacles can take control of one's mind processes and vocal abilities. A "puppet" if you will, when it gets a hold of a certain creature that passes its clutches.

http://decepticondeputy-umi.devianta...atomy-64663356

Specie: Knifal (no known specie classification)
The Knifal is a one of a kind creature, as well with the Shredder. Though nowhere near relating to an Ezum or Hunter, it can be quickly mistakened for one with the matching color of its skin. (This is to be thought of a defense mechanism against the Hunters when they are out hunting) The Knifal is also a guardian for its own territory; among the Chixapox fields, where the roaming Ezums feed and thrive. It defends the fields as of its, and the Ezums' personal sanctuary against poachers, and those certainly aggravating Hunters that stalk them.
The speed of this creature is phenomenal. It's no wonder why the Knifal is usually called "the wind of the fields". Its array is its incredibly long, and sharp, knife-like claws it possesses, and its own kind of psychic power.
Sensory talons among its head act much like the Hunters' talons as well.

http://decepticondeputy-umi.devianta...gloki-69944585

Specie: Kigloki
A spliced gene creation of a corporate slug, in hopes to create a monster so grand, it would wipe away the Steef tribe that thrived along his site, so that he may lay his plans down.
The Kigloki is one of its own kind, but a relative of the Glok family (Glukkon, Oktigi, etc.). It is felt that a part of Steef DNA was also spliced in to the Kigloki's embryo during its developing stages, to create its awful tempermental nature, and savage character. The Kigloki is roughly enormous; larger than a fully-grown adult Steef, but smaller than the legendary Sea Rex. It possesses the long, wryly arms of the(unsure of the name *thinking of Sekto's pets*), the octo-like, serpent body of the Oktigi, and squidly-head of a Glukkon.
This creature hasn't been seen in action yet, but with its terrible temper and carnal nature, it is prepared to reign hell among those that stoop in its way.

Lastly...

http://decepticondeputy-umi.devianta...-Geik-87802212

Specie: Geik
An aquatic, reptilian race that lives in sync with the Gabbits (though amazingly, they take Gabbits as a delicacy). The Geik specie is an amazing, and intelligent race. Carnivorous, the Geiks suppress their lust to chew on Gabbit hide, only to keep each other alive to see the next generation. The terrible part of it, though, Gabbits and Geiks must share their source of food; the thriving source of Worryfish.
As generations roll on, Gabbits and Geiks must travel together, through the treacheries of the sea, through the rolling Mongo River, and to the river delta that falls off the Mongo River, to spawn their next generation. Hatchlings will be washed off from the river delta, and right back in to their ancestral ocean.
Geiks are resilient swimmers. Special spinal columns in its tail can be turned, to give the Geiks swimming precision, and swimming speed. Fins facing vertical gives it precision, for moving through thin areas, it doesn't have to worry of dragging its tail. Horizontal gives the Geik acceleration, for escaping possible threats (though they are primarily top of the food chain)
Gills are among its snout instead of its neck. Geiks are not only water-breathers, but can also breath, for a limited time, on land. However, they are rarely seen out of the water.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

02-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Nemesis
Stunk

: Jul 2008
: Finland
: 46
Nemesis  (69)

Stleeds are large animals who you could think as a cross of horse and leech. It stands 5'8" at the withers and can run over 90 km/h. It weights 600 kg / 1200 lb. They´re vegetarian and usually calm to others, but when confused or annoyed can be aggressive. Natives use them as steed and draft animals. Their manners of going are walk, trot and gallop.

02-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

: Dec 2007
: Stafford
: 9,537
Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

:

Stleeds are large animals who you could think as a cross of horse and leech. It stands 5'8" at the withers and can run over 90 km/h. It weights 600 kg / 1200 lb. They´re vegetarian and usually calm to others, but when confused or annoyed can be aggressive. Natives use them as steed and draft animals. Their manners of going are walk, trot and gallop.
It's far too top heavy to work =\.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

02-14-2009, 05:02 AM
Carnix
Outlaw Shooter

:
It's far too top heavy to work =\.
Lol?
I recall slogs standing much like that have you no criticism for them?

Besides, all creatures of oddworld are computer generated so only certain physical laws apply - I'm sure that balance is not one of them.

02-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

: Dec 2007
: Stafford
: 9,537
Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

:
Lol?
I recall slogs standing much like that have you no criticism for them?

Besides, all creatures of oddworld are computer generated so only certain physical laws apply - I'm sure that balance is not one of them.
Slogs do not have a long neck and huge head, I think the Stleed would work with some kind of weighted tail though. It's a good design, it just couldn't stand up without justification.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

02-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

Clearly, it's head is filled with helium.

02-14-2009, 06:05 AM
squeak117
Howler Punk

: Dec 2006
: Australia
: 310
squeak117  (516)squeak117  (516)squeak117  (516)squeak117  (516)squeak117  (516)squeak117  (516)

I think a third leg in front of the other two legs, in the centre, would make a good adjustment and make it just that much more 'Odd'.

I don't know how you'd do it without making the leg come out of the stomach though...

Great art, either way.

12-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Nemesis
Stunk

Nemesis  (69)

The thing is that Stleed´s head is always very close to the ground. The rider has to sit on it´s butt, because otherwise he´d fall. And they do have a very fat tail to balance the torso. They don´t have long neck, it´s the rib cage. And they do have very muscular legs too.
I´ve actually calculated with my friend Red-Kremling that Oddworld might have lower gravity. That´s why the species are so tall (Vykkers are 9 feet tall) and for example Munch/meeps would be always faceplanting because they do not have the best balanced bodys either.
Aaaand! Did you ever notice how long the day on Oddworld was? In Stranger´s Wrath it seemed he captured all the outlaws in one day. But because the planet is 10 times bigger than Earth, it would take longer to make a full turn, so that´s why the day is also several hours longer.
Think about that.

Last edited by Nemesis; 12-30-2009 at 02:18 AM..
12-30-2009, 07:32 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

if the planet is 10 times bigger than earth... then it has more mass than earth... how can it have lower gravity then? I always thought they are so tall because everything is so big but then again they need a lot of strength if gravity is so high xD

I still like your creature Nemesis ^^ and as you said there are other species who are like that... like Elums Slogs Gabbits etc... OW is simply like that

EDIT: LoL!!! sry! xD this thread is so old sry I didn't look at the date xD

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

Last edited by scipionyx; 12-30-2009 at 07:34 AM..
12-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

That's amazing work Carnix

Scarblig rules!^^

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

12-31-2009, 03:56 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

no one realises this thread dies about 6 months ago? Stop digging up dead threads ,a lot of these people have long forgotten this. Sorry but it's annoying

12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Nemesis
Stunk

Nemesis  (69)

If someone is wondering why my creature looked like that, I have a right to correct their words.