Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

12-01-2002, 01:28 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Happy The frozen arctec regions of Oddworld.

I was just thinking what if we see a frozen enviorment on Oddworld like the Arctec or tundra? Could that be possable? What kind of Oddworlden races or creatures would live in such conditions? I can see Mudokin tribes whereing heavy old fur clothing woundering the frozen wilderness and hunting for their food. and also think of the animal life. Thus far everything seems to be fish or bird like. Are their mammals on Oddworld. It would indeed be something different.

I can see Magog establishments in the frozen enviorment. Possiably fat burning factorys to create heat and to fuel transportation. Thus far it seems we visited a deasert like region and a type of sub tropical lush type of enviorment. I would like to see other enviorments out there like Tundra. What do you think?

12-01-2002, 01:46 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Whoa... And slogs can pull sleds and stuff!

That would be neat. Shivering, starving Muds in cold metal factories under tattered blankets around a bucket fire. And there can be eskimo people... An interesting idea would be they found frozen creatures and are cloning them. I like the idea of Vykkers recreating anceint creatures.
12-01-2002, 02:02 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2002
: wisconsin
: 469
lindsey  (8)

funy slog poleing sled that wood be a good idea for oddworld

12-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

How are Paramites and Scrabs classed as fish or birds?
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

12-01-2002, 02:11 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

a factery that makes mud pops

12-01-2002, 07:16 AM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2002
: England
: 1,542
M.O.M  (11)
Happy

A tundra level would be great, there could be kinto's!, and i lkie the slog idea as well

12-01-2002, 02:01 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

just think all the slog with ear mufes on

12-01-2002, 02:44 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

What I mean by Fish and birds was that most races resembel aqatic like creatures and birds because the Mudokins have feathers there are some simularities. But not in all creatures.

Slogs pulling sleds eh? Thats cool but I don't think they would wear ear muffs. Maybe a new breed of slog like something like snow slogs where they have fur on their bodies. a sort of counter part to the slog. But hey thats just my theory.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 12-01-2002 at 07:07 AM..
12-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

Arctic slogs..... Ooo......

I don't like the idea of fur though. It'd make them look to wierd. But then again there were "Sewer SLogs" (which ironicly were no different then regular slogs gameplaywise) so there could be "Arctic SLogs" bred for the cold, with sligs bundled up in parkas commanding them... Little pink polka dotted parkas. I've always wanted one of those.
12-01-2002, 04:13 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy

A white slog, like a huskie

12-01-2002, 10:17 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

mabe abe has to go thare to get a frosn meech befor the glukkon get it and make it a meech munchies

12-01-2002, 10:51 PM
BigBro
Howler Punk

: Sep 2002
: Some place
: 330
BigBro  (10)

For some reason, when you said "eskimo people" Majic, Eskimud popped into my head. I also like the idea of a breed of Snow Slog, sounds like an interesting idea/challenge for OWI to accomplish. And we can finally see what those elephant statues are representing. Like some kind of mammoth.....but I just came to the conclusion that why would they build statues in Necrum if they lived in frozen regions.....oh well, Im sure theyll find some way around it.

12-01-2002, 11:59 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

arnt my ideas good you guys are not notising me

12-02-2002, 12:04 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)
Happy

I liked the idea about the Meech, it would be a good way to bring them into the game.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

12-02-2002, 12:09 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

I think munch wood not be good on ice I can just see it

12-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Munch would probably freeze in the cold climate. In fact, I couldn't really see any of the current native creatures withstanding such cold...

A frozen meech would be cool.
12-02-2002, 12:16 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Maybe those statues of mammoths were built during some kind Oddworld ice age by primative early Mudokins. Which could mean that Oddworld might have been completely covered in ice at one time or anouther. maybe? The landscape in the games reminds me on how glaciers can be the direct result of mountain ranges or deep canyons. There is a lot of geographical terrane in the games especially in MO. and something had to have carved all of that out. It would be a challenge for OWI to put in a frozen enviorment on Oddworld but I think it would be worth it. And imagine the game play. Abe sliping on ice trying to get away from sligs and even better you have Munch swim across a lake but the lake is freezing so you have to hurry or you would be traped. unusaial snow creatures that blend into the enviorment. Haveing to deal with blizzards and freak snow storms. Haveing sligs come equiped with skies to move more easily over the snow. Yep that would really be very different for Oddworld.

12-02-2002, 12:22 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

the mud pop thing wood be a good thing for abe to try to destroe
in an ice plas like that they showod make a fan fic abowt it

12-02-2002, 12:34 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Lindsey an enviorment such as this will be occuring in my new fan fic that I am writeing its my sequel to my last fan fic. I alweys throw in my theories into my stories and it makes a good story. And this is one of them.

12-02-2002, 06:54 AM
BigBro
Howler Punk

BigBro  (10)

:
Originally posted by lindsey
arnt my ideas good you guys are not notising me
Sometimes when people post one line things like you have done (many times) in threads, we just dont notice because we consider it spam. But if you have more than one thing to say, try and put it into one post instead of double posting or posting something only slightly related to the topic recently after posting something else you have said.

12-02-2002, 10:28 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy mammoth statues?

PA, those "statues of mammoths" are actually the mummified bodies of an ancient race that used to defend Necrum from attacks. The are known as Gaurdians.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

12-03-2002, 12:39 AM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

thank big bro what if there was snow mudokons that have develapt to snow

12-03-2002, 08:19 AM
BigBro
Howler Punk

BigBro  (10)
Re: mammoth statues?

:
Originally posted by TheKhanzumer
PA, those "statues of mammoths" are actually the mummified bodies of an ancient race that used to defend Necrum from attacks. The are known as Gaurdians.
Yes, well, I realised they were bones. But I wasnt sure if they were just there coz they died there, or if the Muds put them there and extended on them with statue-potions. Thanks for the info anyway, something else I didnt know about Oddworld.

12-03-2002, 09:56 AM
oko
Boombat

: your butt
: 244
oko  (33)

i really love lindsey's idea about the meech that could be the objective of the game trying to save the last meech on oddworld
12-03-2002, 01:29 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
Munch would probably freeze in the cold climate. In fact, I couldn't really see any of the current native creatures withstanding such cold...

A frozen meech would be cool.
Maybe Bigface or the other muds could make clothes for abe and munch to protect them from the cold

12-03-2002, 01:39 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Could you imagine ventureing into a frozen ice cave and suddenly stumble upon different kinds of ancient oddworlden creatures that have been extinct for thousands of years? And then at the center of the cave lies the last remaining meech still unusally alive but frozen in ice? That is really interesting. Good idea Lindsey. A meech frozen in ice would look cool. I can already see concept art of the scene. And maybe the Glukkons could have some sort of industrial stronghold around the frozen Meech. Like suddenly the Magog found it and the Vykkers want the Glukkons to keep it on ice for study.

Plus you have the strange exotic creatures all frozen. That would look interesting.

And maybe the cave is home to some sort of hideous creature that makes the Scrabs and Paramites look harmless. A snow creature that could blend into the enviorment. Something totally new that we havent seen before. Something that thrives in this type of wilderness.

I honestly wish Lorn Lanning would look at some of our ideas and do put them into consideration. Hell I am getting a dagree in art and animation that I might just someday actually try to get a job for OWI. Which would be a dream come true for me. And if I did I would mention some of our ideas to Lorn himself. But he probabally laugh at me.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 12-03-2002 at 05:42 AM..
12-03-2002, 01:42 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy

that snow creature idea sounds good, lets hope it happens

12-04-2002, 11:31 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)
Oddworld

Well, if OWI were to start making Arctic Regions of Oddworld, I could picture whitish-blue packs of paramites scavaging the lands and gigantic snow creatures that look similar to mammoths. That is a pretty cool new setting for oddworld.

~mudokon101~

12-05-2002, 02:04 PM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

: May 2002
: In my own little world
: 818
oddling  (10)

On the note of snow slogs, I think that that'd make a cool challenge. You'd get chased by a big bro or something, and have to drive a slog sled. That sounds like a cool idea. Next time Alf comes to oddchat I'll tell 'em.

Oddling l:c l
"But why is the coffee gone?!!" Pillows of the Caribbean

12-05-2002, 07:30 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Sligs on skies! Now that would look odd. And the snow slogs pulling the sligs on these inustrial looking sleds. When they stop the slig gets off and replaces his mechanical pants with mechanical skies where it screws in where the legs go. That would be cool! Plus they could come equiped with special snow goggles to see though thick blizzards. Another way for the mask to evolve I might add.

We have to tell Alf about our ideas here. This could really work perhaps! I will e-mail him at dear Alf and suggest this idea to him. After all he answered my last guestion dealing with the size of the Sea Rex.